TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES

TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2016
IT Department was productive and fun but constantly putting out fires to keep the day interesting.

Outside department interaction was quite negative most of the time as some departments viewed IT as a pain and did not resolve issues. The problem was with the underlying backbone technology.

All in all a great place to work (if you're in IT) as there is a lot of technology to be introduced to and get hands on experience with.
Fast paced, good pay, and good staff
Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
If management likes you, you will advance quickly. Staff is good, but feels overworked most of the time. Lots of efficiency/operational improvement opportunities, so if you're a go-getter you can influence and see results fairly quickly.
Pros
Good pay, Free BBQs, supports the united way, lots of opportunites for growth if you're smart
Cons
Long hours, micromanagement, lack of support/recognition from upper management, no add to pension plan
friendly dipacthers
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2016
Dispatchers are really friendly, they always try to work out with driver's schedule, if for some reason driver can do long run, a short run will be provided.
Pros
long term seneority benefits
Cons
work life imbalance
a good place to work
Transport Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
Good equipement, well maintained. Friendly co-workers, willing to answer questions. Your questions to support staff are answered in a timely manner.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2016
chill place to work. good people. bad hierarchy. no one really seems to care about what they are doing, only there to do a job
Pros
freedom
Cons
everything else
Lean on staff
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2016
Very busy place , non stop 7 days a week
Makes for a fast paced day every day , enjoyable.
Good staff with lots of experience.
Every day a challenge and engaging experience
Cons
Individual Managers on there on agenda and don't share there thoughts
cool co-workers, pool table.
Forklift Operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2016
most of the co workers are cool but the foremen are always watching the dock like Gestapo. there is a pool table in the break room and a sheltered area for smoking.
Pros
free Christmas diner
Longhaul AZ Truck Driver
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2015
The company is amazing to work for, there is long hours involved, with driving.
I love my job and what i do.
There isn't a day where the job doesn't challenge me to learn, and use all my previous knowledge within the job.
I'm very devoted to my work and the company has gone great ways to succeed within the company.
Pros
knowlegde of leardership within the company, able to pick some runs, moving up within the company
Cons
Away from home for extreme periodes of time
Good To learn
Student Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2015
Very Nice place to have Work experience as Apprenticeship.
also technicians are give a lot of chance to handle problems by myself.
Tranx
Long haul driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Man14 January 2015
Although TransX is a good company to work for, the lack of communication between dispatch and the drivers needs improvement. The equipment is new and relatively well maintained. A typical day involves driving for 11 hours in the U.S. and 13 hours in Canada, it also includes transporting goods or equipment safely to the customer in all types of weather.TransX employs over 1500 drivers so it is difficult to to know all my co-workers although I have formed some friendships with other drivers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the indepedence and responsibility of transporting the freight safely and soundley to the customer while the hardest part is reacting to other drivers around me in adverse weather conditions.
Pros
Job security, reliable pay cheques
Cons
lack of communication
fast past office enviroment
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg29 December 2014
checking emails from customers.
problem solving with wrong billing, finding solutions to an on going problems. to fix them from happening again.
making sure to submit daily, weekly and monthly report on each account whihc includes money value, the issues, and what have been done to resolve it.
i have learned to manage the money properly and educate my customers. also different companies using different 3rd party payments and how they opporate.
i have learned how to properly gather the right information, via phone, email, and DNBI.
the work place had good people willing ot help eachother.
the hardest part was sending customers to collections, but sometimes it had to get done.
i will miss this job as i got very close with every customer of mine.
Very Forward Thinking Company
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg20 November 2012
I've worked as a driver at a few companies, all in western Canada, and I'd have to say TransX is probably the best. They seem pretty focused on looking for ways to make the employees feel happy and appreciated. As for myself, I like that the company respects me and gives me lots of opportunities to advance and earn some good money. I would not hesitate to send any of my friends to TransX.
Pros
good opportunities for advancement. respect.
Cons
typical situations you get in any workplace. nothing major.
Bad management
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary/Winnipeg2 January 2013
Job itself was great but management was terrible. Operations manager would talk down to employees and belittle them in front of other employees. Drivers were not being paid correctly by ops manager and in turn were pretty hard to deal with. Overburdened with work that you are expected to do and expected to stay overtime to complete with no compensation. Work is constantly monitored and micro managed. Pay was good but overall negative experience.
Pros
time off, good pay, good coworkers
Cons
long hours, bad management
Horrible experience - stay away from this company!
Office - title withheld (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg16 March 2013
TransX has a culture of management lies and arrogance. You will be belittled in front of co-workers and managers will laugh about it later amongst themselves. They won't deliver on pay or promises and you'll be worked to the bone with unpaid overtime. Your personal life will suffer as a result.

Once they've broken you and you are no longer of use to them they'll throw you out like garbage. Most layoffs happen in November so they don't have to pay you the Christmas profit sharing bonus. If you quit just after receiving your bonus then you are evil incarnate in the eyes of managers and they'll slander you throughout the industry.
Cons
everything, just ask around
Opportunities abound within this Company
Simulator Instructor / safety co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC1 November 2013
When i had to quit driving due to having Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, TransX gave me the opportunity to come on board as a Simulator Instructor, and were able and willing to help me adjust to this new position. Since coming off the road i have had more responsibilities given to me, with the opportunity to learn new/exciting things that i would not have been able to learn/do if i was still a driver.

Thanksmuch for the opportunities TransX !!!
Pros
Flexible
Incompetent Management
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 February 2014
TransX is run by power tripping Managers who don't promote a team atmosphere or team unity. The Mangers play favourites and only those favourites get rewarded or treated what may be considered fairly. The communication between the office employees and dock workers is chaotic at best. Management decisions are made largely by ego and not logic
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Very poor management
Top management issue
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg3 June 2014
The organization has lost way too many top managers in the last year. That sends a message. The communication about the organization as a whole is not transparent within its own walls. The largest problem here is when your boss or you need an answer or advice from a senior person with the experience or authority, you can't find one, or they are in meetings all day and unavailable. In an age of technology there are ways for a large organization to get around this, but spending money on employee tools is frowned upon. It took 10 years apparently to get a proper working shower for the drivers, and more healthy working conditions for office staff. Double standards exist which has lead to employees leaving in large numbers in the last year.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, lack of support and proper professional development
Great place to work !
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Aberfoyle19 February 2013
I am very happy to be working at TransX in Guelph. THere is a really "community feel" here. I enjoy all of the people that I work with.

I am still fairly junior (this is my first job out of univ)........ and I am really happy that I joined this co. I see myself working here for a long time !
Pros
good atmosphere, great location, people who care about me, company paid health and dental
Great place to work!
Office (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2012
Out of all the places I have worked TransX is for sure my favourite. The work is challenging and the people I work with are great! TransX is definitely a place where you can grow your career, with so many locations across Canada and the USA.

In Winnipeg (the head office) there are many different departments to work in.
Pros
benefits, career opportunities, co-workers
Very great and has open door policy
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary9 September 2013
Of course some days are better than others but on the whole TransX is a great place to work. If you want to run hard or just a moderate pace they try to match your style. Sometimes the planning just isn't up to par but eventually it comes together
Pros
There is a homestyle cafeteria at terminal in Winnipeg
Cons
Not enough true team loads

2.8