TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES

TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Incompetent Management
Dock Worker (Former Employee), CalgaryFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: very poor management
TransX is run by power tripping Managers who don't promote a team atmosphere or team unity. The Mangers play favourites and only those favourites get rewarded or treated what may be considered fairly. The communication between the office employees and dock workers is chaotic at best. Management decisions are made largely by ego and not logic
Busy and Hectic Workplace
Load Planner (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: long hours
It is a great place to work, learn lot of things, Co workers are very Cooperative and helpful.
Opportunities abound within this Company
Simulator Instructor / safety co-ordinator (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: flexible
When i had to quit driving due to having Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, TransX gave me the opportunity to come on board as a Simulator Instructor, and were able and willing to help me adjust to this new position. Since coming off the road i have had more responsibilities given to me, with the opportunity to learn new/exciting things that i would not – more... have been able to learn/do if i was still a driver.

Thanksmuch for the opportunities TransX !!! – less
It is really enjoyable experience to work at Transx.
Truck Driver ( company driver) (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: free training in orientation
Cons: company will grow in future.
It is a great company giving equal opportunities to employees in the company to grow and learn new skills.
Very great and has open door policy
Truck Driver (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 9, 2013
Pros: there is a homestyle cafeteria at terminal in winnipeg
Cons: not enough true team loads
Of course some days are better than others but on the whole TransX is a great place to work. If you want to run hard or just a moderate pace they try to match your style. Sometimes the planning just isn't up to par but eventually it comes together
Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee), GuelphJuly 14, 2013
Pros: leaving this job
Cons: working at this place
Brutal place to work. I would rather be unemployed than work at this place.
Horrible experience - stay away from this company!
Office - title withheld (Former Employee), WinnipegMarch 16, 2013
Cons: everything, just ask around
TransX has a culture of management lies and arrogance. You will be belittled in front of co-workers and managers will laugh about it later amongst themselves. They won't deliver on pay or promises and you'll be worked to the bone with unpaid overtime. Your personal life will suffer as a result.

Once they've broken you and you are no longer of use to – more... them they'll throw you out like garbage. Most layoffs happen in November so they don't have to pay you the Christmas profit sharing bonus. If you quit just after receiving your bonus then you are evil incarnate in the eyes of managers and they'll slander you throughout the industry. – less
Great place to work !
Logistics (Current Employee), AberfoyleFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, great location, people who care about me, company paid health and dental
I am very happy to be working at TransX in Guelph. THere is a really "community feel" here. I enjoy all of the people that I work with.

I am still fairly junior (this is my first job out of univ)........ and I am really happy that I joined this co. I see myself working here for a long time !
Bad management
Former Employee (Former Employee), Calgary/WinnipegJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: time off, good pay, good coworkers
Cons: long hours, bad management
Job itself was great but management was terrible. Operations manager would talk down to employees and belittle them in front of other employees. Drivers were not being paid correctly by ops manager and in turn were pretty hard to deal with. Overburdened with work that you are expected to do and expected to stay overtime to complete with no compensation. – more... Work is constantly monitored and micro managed. Pay was good but overall negative experience. – less
Very Forward Thinking Company
Company Driver (Current Employee), WinnipegNovember 20, 2012
Pros: good opportunities for advancement. respect.
Cons: typical situations you get in any workplace. nothing major.
I've worked as a driver at a few companies, all in western Canada, and I'd have to say TransX is probably the best. They seem pretty focused on looking for ways to make the employees feel happy and appreciated. As for myself, I like that the company respects me and gives me lots of opportunities to advance and earn some good money. I would not hesitate – more... to send any of my friends to TransX. – less
Great place to work!
Office (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2012
Pros: benefits, career opportunities, co-workers
Out of all the places I have worked TransX is for sure my favourite. The work is challenging and the people I work with are great! TransX is definitely a place where you can grow your career, with so many locations across Canada and the USA.

In Winnipeg (the head office) there are many different departments to work in.
Don't work at Transx
ex employee (Former Employee), winnipeg,mbOctober 15, 2012
Cons: everything
You will not be happy here! You will be yelled at daily and in front of others. So many people have come and gone from Transx-they can't keep people! They treat you horribly and don't care about you at all.
It is the perfect combination of a fun and professional workplace.
HR (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 28, 2012
Pros: transx has great: benefits, work environment and employees
TransX is a challenging and fast paced environment to work in. If you work hard, you will be recognized and rewarded. The people I work with are great.

May 8, 2013

Of course you would say that. You're HR, which means you're for the company through and through. Instead of posting reviews that everyone can see through, why not do something about all the negatives others are posting about? You wouldn't because that might mean dealing with a blue-collar worker, oh the horror!

Review
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2012
Pros: flexible with time off
Cons: not able to advance properly, bad salary
Currently working in accounts receivable. Manage approximately 50 differently accounts. Process adjustments, reconcile accounts and process credit applications.
Trucking Company
Long Haul driver (Former Employee), Calgary,ABApril 6, 2012
Pros: a lot of freedom to run how you want as a driver
Cons: long hours and long times between home time
Transx is better than most when it comes to listening to the driver. Exception is that they grew too big, too fast so management hasn't caught up yet and there are some areas of the business lacking good management. There is an open door policy if a driver has concerns so as a driver you can go in and talk with someone. A typical day at work is fairly – more... stress free once you are on the move, but the day 1 is pretty stressful, trying to meet various deadlines.
The other drivers are usually pretty helpful and great to be around (sure you still have the drivers that are all negative, but those people would never be happy no matter where they are)
The salary and benefits are great as long as you stay a company driver, become a lease operator and then you will have problems. The hardest part of the job is going across the US border and having to comply with every whim, wish and fact of the Immigration and Customs officials.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is once that part is over the driver is pretty much on their own and able to run the "work day" as he/she wishes. Also there are times when it becomes possible to be a tourist in some of the most interesting spots. All in all Transx Group of Companies is a great place to work. – less
Good Employees
Team Driver (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBMarch 23, 2012
Same basically as at NYanke, Although with this company we hauled refrigerated trailers, swing beef + pork. These goods have a much higher center of gravity and require extreme caution when hauling.
Run while you can!!!
Driver/dispatcher (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 8, 2014
Pros: competitive salary.
Cons: everything about this company. run like hell!!!!
TransX USA is a joke!
Dispatchers are expected to work 60-80 hour work weeks. Expect to be used and abused and filled with empty promises.

Company drivers-trucks are set at 60 mph. The benefits used to be wonderful but due to a new power tripping president they have been cut. This fleet was at around 90 drivers when I started but is now down to under – more... 30. – less
Don't accept any promises....
Would rather not say (Current Employee), Would rather not sayMarch 24, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosohere.
Cons: terrible compensation/vacation time.
Would not be a bad place to work, if they kept their promises.

Salaries are not too far out of line with the responsibilities at the outset, but more and more responsibilities and required working hours will be added without a change in compensation.

Salary increases based on performance are very uncommon. Most increases occur due to employee threatening – more... to quit.

To hear of 4-5 years without any increase in compensation is not unheard of, if not fairly commonplace.

Exceptional performance is not rewarded within the company through either advancement or compensation despite promises made to this extent.

Group Benefits are very good, mostly paid for by employer.

Vacation time is lacking. 3 week maximum after 5 years service. No further increases.

If considering employment with this company, an hourly wage is a much more prudent choice over salary as TransX is an expert at exploiting salaried employees.

And get everything in writing. – less

About TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES

TransX was founded in 1963 by company President and Owner Louie Tolaini. Louie Tolaini's entrepreneurial journey began in 1959 – Read more

TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES Photos