TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES

TRANSX GROUP OF COMPANIES Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly dockworkers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 29, 2015
Almost everyone was eager to help me learn how to operate a forklift safely and how to fill out order forms. the company provided free lunches during the holiday season
Longhaul AZ Truck Driver
AZ Driver (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 19, 2015
Pros: knowlegde of leardership within the company, able to pick some runs, moving up within the company
Cons: Away from home for extreme periodes of time
The company is amazing to work for, there is long hours involved, with driving.
I love my job and what i do.
There isn't a day where the job doesn't challenge me to learn, and use all my previous knowledge within the job.
I'm very devoted to my work and the company has gone great ways to succeed within the company.
Tranx
Long haul driver (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: job security, reliable pay cheques
Cons: lack of communication
Although TransX is a good company to work for, the lack of communication between dispatch and the drivers needs improvement. The equipment is new and relatively well maintained. A typical day involves driving for 11 hours in the U.S. and 13 hours in Canada, it also includes transporting goods or equipment safely to the customer in all types of weather.TransX employs over 1500 drivers so it is difficult to to know all my co-workers although I have formed some friendships with other drivers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the indepedence and responsibility of transporting the freight safely and soundley to the customer while the hardest part is reacting to other drivers around me in adverse weather conditions.
fast past office enviroment
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), WinnipegDecember 29, 2014
checking emails from customers.
problem solving with wrong billing, finding solutions to an on going problems. to fix them from happening again.
making sure to submit daily, weekly and monthly report on each account whihc includes money value, the issues, and what have been done to resolve it.
i have learned to manage the money properly and educate my customers. also different companies using different 3rd party payments and how they opporate.
i have learned how to properly gather the right information, via phone, email, and DNBI.
the work place had good people willing ot help eachother.
the hardest part was sending customers to collections, but sometimes it had to get done.
i will miss this job as i got very close with every customer of mine.
productive and fun workplace with pingpong table and pool table.
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
productive and fun workplace with pingpong table and pool table.
Tyrant X
Tech (Former Employee), WinnipegSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: too much list
Worked to the bone with no reward. Hectic work environment, worst management I've ever seen blind leading the blind, equipment is complete junk, poor unsafe shop setups, stupid high turn over rates.
Recommend you move on to the next company if your looking for work avoid this place like the plague.
No training at all
AR analyst (Current Employee), WinnipegAugust 30, 2014
This company sucks. no people trains you. they just doing their own work. very high turn over rate.
Top management issue
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee), WinnipegJune 3, 2014
Cons: long hours, lack of support and proper professional development
The organization has lost way too many top managers in the last year. That sends a message. The communication about the organization as a whole is not transparent within its own walls. The largest problem here is when your boss or you need an answer or advice from a senior person with the experience or authority, you can't find one, or they are in meetings all day and unavailable. In an age of technology there are ways for a large organization to get around this, but spending money on employee tools is frowned upon. It took 10 years apparently to get a proper working shower for the drivers, and more healthy working conditions for office staff. Double standards exist which has lead to employees leaving in large numbers in the last year.
Incompetent Management
Dock Worker (Former Employee), CalgaryFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: very poor management
TransX is run by power tripping Managers who don't promote a team atmosphere or team unity. The Mangers play favourites and only those favourites get rewarded or treated what may be considered fairly. The communication between the office employees and dock workers is chaotic at best. Management decisions are made largely by ego and not logic
Busy and Hectic Workplace
Load Planner (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: long hours
It is a great place to work, learn lot of things, Co workers are very Cooperative and helpful.
Opportunities abound within this Company
Simulator Instructor / safety co-ordinator (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: flexible
When i had to quit driving due to having Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, TransX gave me the opportunity to come on board as a Simulator Instructor, and were able and willing to help me adjust to this new position. Since coming off the road i have had more responsibilities given to me, with the opportunity to learn new/exciting things that i would not have been able to learn/do if i was still a driver.

Thanksmuch for the opportunities TransX !!!
It is really enjoyable experience to work at Transx.
Truck Driver ( company driver) (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: free training in orientation
Cons: company will grow in future.
It is a great company giving equal opportunities to employees in the company to grow and learn new skills.
Very great and has open door policy
Truck Driver (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 9, 2013
Pros: there is a homestyle cafeteria at terminal in winnipeg
Cons: not enough true team loads
Of course some days are better than others but on the whole TransX is a great place to work. If you want to run hard or just a moderate pace they try to match your style. Sometimes the planning just isn't up to par but eventually it comes together
Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee), GuelphJuly 14, 2013
Pros: leaving this job
Cons: working at this place
Brutal place to work. I would rather be unemployed than work at this place.
Don't accept any promises....
Would rather not say (Current Employee), Would rather not sayMarch 24, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosohere.
Cons: terrible compensation/vacation time.
Would not be a bad place to work, if they kept their promises.

Salaries are not too far out of line with the responsibilities at the outset, but more and more responsibilities and required working hours will be added without a change in compensation.

Salary increases based on performance are very uncommon. Most increases occur due to employee threatening to quit.

To hear of 4-5 years without any increase in compensation is not unheard of, if not fairly commonplace.

Exceptional performance is not rewarded within the company through either advancement or compensation despite promises made to this extent.

Group Benefits are very good, mostly paid for by employer.

Vacation time is lacking. 3 week maximum after 5 years service. No further increases.

If considering employment with this company, an hourly wage is a much more prudent choice over salary as TransX is an expert at exploiting salaried employees.

And get everything in writing.
Horrible experience - stay away from this company!
Office - title withheld (Former Employee), WinnipegMarch 16, 2013
Cons: everything, just ask around
TransX has a culture of management lies and arrogance. You will be belittled in front of co-workers and managers will laugh about it later amongst themselves. They won't deliver on pay or promises and you'll be worked to the bone with unpaid overtime. Your personal life will suffer as a result.

Once they've broken you and you are no longer of use to them they'll throw you out like garbage. Most layoffs happen in November so they don't have to pay you the Christmas profit sharing bonus. If you quit just after receiving your bonus then you are evil incarnate in the eyes of managers and they'll slander you throughout the industry.
Great place to work !
Logistics (Current Employee), AberfoyleFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere, great location, people who care about me, company paid health and dental
I am very happy to be working at TransX in Guelph. THere is a really "community feel" here. I enjoy all of the people that I work with.

I am still fairly junior (this is my first job out of univ)........ and I am really happy that I joined this co. I see myself working here for a long time !
Bad management
Former Employee (Former Employee), Calgary/WinnipegJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: time off, good pay, good coworkers
Cons: long hours, bad management
Job itself was great but management was terrible. Operations manager would talk down to employees and belittle them in front of other employees. Drivers were not being paid correctly by ops manager and in turn were pretty hard to deal with. Overburdened with work that you are expected to do and expected to stay overtime to complete with no compensation. Work is constantly monitored and micro managed. Pay was good but overall negative experience.
Very Forward Thinking Company
Company Driver (Current Employee), WinnipegNovember 20, 2012
Pros: good opportunities for advancement. respect.
Cons: typical situations you get in any workplace. nothing major.
I've worked as a driver at a few companies, all in western Canada, and I'd have to say TransX is probably the best. They seem pretty focused on looking for ways to make the employees feel happy and appreciated. As for myself, I like that the company respects me and gives me lots of opportunities to advance and earn some good money. I would not hesitate to send any of my friends to TransX.
Great place to work!
Office (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2012
Pros: benefits, career opportunities, co-workers
Out of all the places I have worked TransX is for sure my favourite. The work is challenging and the people I work with are great! TransX is definitely a place where you can grow your career, with so many locations across Canada and the USA.

In Winnipeg (the head office) there are many different departments to work in.
Headquarters