TransUnion

Good co-workers.
Good management.
TransUnion the Big Company
A/R Collector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: tu allowed me to lear allot.
Cons: too many levels of mgmt to report to.
Review Aging and follow up with past due accounts. Process debits, credits, and adjustments for portofolio (constantly changing). Answer internal and external emails & phone calls. Assist team and cover as required or needed. I reported to 5 different people from Team Lead to CEO of Finance. The hardest part of working here was the work was very repetitive. – more... The best thing was the location (downtown) it was fun. The culture was very diverse and professional. – less
Education made fun and interesting
Data Acquisition Services Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Trans Union was unlike any job I have ever had- it did not involve retail or sales whatsoever. I learned a lot about credit bureaus and everything that they do. I worked closely with certain companies and reviewed specific information and made sure there were no infrequencies in the data. I attended a meeting once a week where I took minutes, typed – more... them up after and set them to the appropriate employees. The interns I worked with were great and we got along very well. My managers and mentors were also great and taught me a lot. The most enjoyable part of my job was the lunch and learns; we would all go to a conference room where there would be a panel of executives from certain parts of the company and they would talk about their positions and answer any questions we had. The overall intern program was very well structured and I learned a lot. – less
Fun workplace
Special Handling Investigator - Representative II (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 20, 2014
Trans Union is a great company to work for, I've learned so much these past 16 years. Had the opportunity to expanded my knowledge and learned different processes.
TransUnion
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Chicago ILOctober 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Check out their company openings online!
Working at State Farm.
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 1, 2014
Pros: closeness to residence.
Cons: the ceo would be on the floor and would sometimes single out employees in front of their co-workers.
Arriving in the morning, check mail and incoming mail. Packages to arrive and to be delivered to management or employees. Assisting in set-up of program for quicker delivery of mail.

Co-workers excellent.
Fast paced environment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAAugust 28, 2014
Fast paced environment with great medical/dental benefits.
Lack of transparency in management is unnerving and generating insecurity among associates
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJune 28, 2014
Pros: close to transportation.
Cons: management has killed comaraderie in office culture.
Recent management changes and latest efforts to compress associates into smaller office spaces and use up all PTO before the end of the year only means they are getting ready to sell the company by next year. Outlook for this company is not good. Lots of associates who have been loyal for years are leaving. The recent resignations of upper management – more... means they are see what's coming which makes the rest of us uneasy and planning our exodus as well. – less

September 20, 2014

Totally agree. Pathetic treatment of employees. I heard in one department they eliminated the position of someone while they were on medical leave. Whenever there is executive shuffling in a company, it's bad news and so far that has proved right. There are better companies out there. Stay clear.

Very Nice and Fun work Place
Junior QA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2014
I Loved working there at TransUnion

It was Contract base position

I learned a lot there

Still I want to go back to Trans union if they get any opening :)
Fun,friendly workplace
C++ Developer (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2014
co-workers are really helpful and friendly.
No time restrictions.
Very productive teams
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAMay 10, 2014
Pros: fun activities center wide with food
Cons: short breaks and lunches
My co-workers are the best hardworking team members and I'm so proud of each and everyone of them!
Great Company
Windows Administrator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
I've been at this company for 9 years and really enjoyed it. They have given me the ability to learn and grow with the company. There have been changes in my life that have made it hard to keep up the schedule.
Goal and Driven
Quality Assurer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPApril 23, 2014
Pros: team building
Cons: system failures
- Call assessment and coaching on a daily bases. Also provide training to new recruits and tenure staff.

- I learnt to be assertive, analytical and observant.

- Worked well with management.

- The hardest part of the job is experience system problems with sets back on work schedule and creates pressure.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is getting – more... good results and quality standards improving. – less
Very Professional work place with a Gym
Consumer Relations (Former Employee), Crum Lynne PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches and quarterly meetings.
A typical day a Transunion is helping consumer with the credit reports and credit scores. Correcting any error that might be on the credit report. Working with co-workers as a team to solve problems. And come up with different solutions to better the company.
very corporate, low job satisfaction, good pay and benefits
Marketing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, very good benefits, matching 401k up to a point
Cons: everything else
in the past few years, w/ new CEO and new marketing department on board, transunion's moved into growth mode. some good things: more digital presence in marketing, better processes...not so good things: less personal perks (which make the dry corporate kind of work more bearable), lower salary increases, much greater volume of work.

much effort's been – more... put into new workspaces, open floor plan, fun more modern vibe, for what it's worth. – less
Changing culture.
Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2014
Spent day managing existing customers and developing new.
Conservative company going through executive change
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: above average salaries, summer hours, subsidized cafe on site
Cons: lack of investment in finance systems, unclear direction from leadership
Overall, it is solid company to work for. There is some dysfunction in the finance area related to a lack of direction and leadership from management. There are also inefficient processes that can create lots of manual work.

There are issues with employee engagement. The company recently brought a new CEO in 2013 and he is currently leading a change – more... in company strategy and culture to help address some of these issues. – less
Consumer Contact Associate (Former Employee), Crum Lynne, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: employee recognition and compensation
Great employee recognition program and training.Advancement opportunities available. Adequate training.
Productive work life
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: quick response, easy to understand report, dispute document included
Cons: one of the big three in the monopoly of credit reporting agencies
Helped in growing both technically and functionally
Gave scope in working all phases of Software life cycle
Helped in learning some new technologies

Productive work life
Great Place to Work
Overall the company was good to work at
TU Experience
Not shared (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: you work 24/7. constant on call and bridges
Overall excellent! They are committed to their employees. I have enjoyed being there.

1 2 3

About TransUnion

TransUnion helps credit scores transcend boundaries. The firm is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies (the – Read more