Transportation Investment Corporation (TI Corp) is a public crown corporation established to implement the Port Mann/Highway 1 Improvement Project, including construction, operations and maintenance of 37 kilometres of improvements to the TransCanada Highway through Metro Vancouver, as well as development, implementation and management of tolling operations to pay for the project.
The Communications Assistant is a member of a multi-disciplinary communications, community relations and marketing team that ensures the general public, Port Mann/Highway 1 Improvement Project stakeholders and TReO Port Mann Bridge customers remain well informed.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Community Relations, the Communications Assistant will receive day-to-day direction from both the Director, Communications & Marketing and the Communications Manager. This is a part-time, temporary assignment position to start.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to public inquiries about tolling, construction and TReO customer service on behalf of the team.
- Draft letters and email correspondence in response to public inquiries and information requests.
- Research and respond to information requests about the PMH1 Project, the Port Mann Bridge and TReO.
- Prepare media monitoring reports.
- Work with the team to generate and distribute communications content.
- Manage the communications page on TI Corp’s intranet site.
- Act as the team’s point of contact for all levels of the organization, including EA’s, consultants, and executives.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements.
- Coordinate team approvals.
- Coordinate the team’s record management ensuring ongoing accessibility to records and information in TRIM and SharePoint.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Perform general communications and administrative tasks.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, a sense of urgency and a strong willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- A positive go-getter with top notch interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond to issues and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to organize and manage a demanding workload effectively, efficiently and independently.
- Ability to identify potential concerns and provide suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional, collaborative working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma, or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- One to three years’ related experience is considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your application noting "Communications Assistant" within the subject line of your message. We thank all candidates for their interest in TI Corp.