Transport Canada

Transport Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great opportunity
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 29, 2014
Had the opportunity to learn first-hand about the policy cycle and its potential complexities.
Loves Transport Canada
Program Information Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 17, 2013
Highly recommended, interested, lots to learn! Would love to work here again if I could.
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 2, 2013
- adminitration / receptionits
- in's&out's of trans port Canada
- Very good/ fair
Great learning and development department
Policy Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Great place to work with alot of potential to learn in your field. Opportunities to work with experienced individuals plenty.
I enjoyed all my years of work with Transport Canada
Accounting clerk (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 17, 2013
I worked in Finance and had the opportunity to do all the accounting cycle along with Administrative duties while I was with Transport Canada, It was a wonderful and interesting period of time. I was able to attend allot of courses and acquired all the knowledge and tools needed to function with confident and accuracy.
Excellent Place to Learn
Operational Support Assistant (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: co-op students are treated well
Cons: commute was too far
This organization is excellent for anyone interested in networking and learning more about the Transportation Industry. I really enjoyed my first co-op, and luckily was hired back for a second one. Unfortunately, the commute was very, very long!
Public Health Agency of Canada
Ministerial Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 19, 2013
Pros: contract position
Cons: agency contract
I found that the management did not know how to work with the employees. They could of used more training to help with that area.
Productive and a good support team
Administrative Officer IM/IT (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 9, 2013
Pros: not applicable
A busy place, Very organised, Good and strong management.
Enjoyable place with respect and good work etique
This was a very cool job, being able to take pictures, meet people.
Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 17, 2013
Pros: loved the fact that there was always something different to do each day, the responsibility of the job.
Cons: it was a temporary job which extended far beyond the original intention, it was bound to come to an end sometime.
This job was really interesting in the fact that I was creating something visible with great importance. Creating security/ID badges was a fun part of this particular job. My other duties were in the reception field, typing, answering phones, filing and photocopying. Really interesting people worked in this group. Although this job started out a a six – more... month term employment, I was with them for almost 3 years. – less
A very relaxed and effective environment
Civil Aviation Operation Support Staff (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 1, 2012
Verify flight test and issue SPP. Enter AAIR into the systems.
Learning Experience & productive
Facilities & Corporate Security Assistant (Former Employee), Vancovuer, BCAugust 22, 2012
I loved working at Transport, my co-workers & boss were very nice.
The hardest part of my job was being split between 2 different jobs & people not understanding the split.
Pay Clerk in Personnel
Pay Clerk, Pay and Benefits (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2012
I enjoyed being a Pay Clerk, enjoyed helping employees with their salary and holiday problems. I was casual or term at the time and I was trying to become permanent. I had problems attending Interviews for job postings and was not successful at getting a permanent job. Then I was told that my term was terminated but needed to work so this is how I found – more... an opening at Coast Guard. – less
Productive and fun work place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility and social every month
Cons: nothing
I have learnt a great deal working for Transport Canada. For instance, I have learn how to pay strong attention to details, work as a team and how to deal with problems independently.
Great people, great job!
Placement Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2011
Pros: friendly people, great views from windows
I was a placement student at Transport Canada, and it was an amazing place to go everyday! Everyone I met was friendly and happy to help! Great inter-office dynamic and all in all a great working environment.