Transport Canada

Transport Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly, felt included, fun, enjoyed the Bagel mornings
Clerk 4, Federal Government (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits, ability to move up in the workplace
Cons: The long drive there and back worsened with increase in population
Looked forward to work each day, starting sometimes with coffee and bagels. Office work, started with checking emails, entering and updating computer data, answering the telephone, checking mail and general office duties.

I learned to use software designed specifically for the input of overtime hours and shift premiums worked by the Air Traffic Controllers so they were paid by Head Office in Ottawa.

Management and co-workers were helpful, encouraging and fun.

The job required me driving from Langley to Richmond through the Iron Massey Tunnel or over the Alex Fraser Bridge. At times traffic congestion or accidents made it hard to be punctual.

Finding out how Air Traffic is managed, I found very educational and interesting.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Information Management Assistant (Current Employee), North York, ONFebruary 24, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Transport Canada. There are always different things that you could be doing from filing, pulling files, sorting the mail, creating files etc. My co-workers were very friendly and always willing to answer my questions.
Good work/life balance, but must deal with government bureaucracy.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 4, 2014
Pros: travel to new sites every week.
Cons: government bureaucracy.
Travel to various sites throughout Alberta and conduct inspections based upon the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
I enjoy meeting people in industry and helping them to understand the regulations.
I will travel alone half the time and with co-workers at other times.
I will often attend train derailments involving dangerous goods. I am needed at the site in order to ensure rules and regulations are being followed and to give guidance as to what is required. I also communicate with government officials in Ottawa and elsewhere as to what is happening at the scene.
Was a great place to work
Fleet Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 21, 2014
This was only a four month contract but had a great Manager and it was a lot of fun working there
No advancement, bad atmosphere
Regulatory Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: central
Cons: bad atmosphere
No team work, people don't care for their job. Management only focuses on how things are perceived from the outside, not on reality and what is the best interest for citizens.
Great opportunity
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 29, 2014
Had the opportunity to learn first-hand about the policy cycle and its potential complexities.
Loves Transport Canada
Program Information Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 17, 2013
Highly recommended, interested, lots to learn! Would love to work here again if I could.
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 2, 2013
- adminitration / receptionits
- in's&out's of trans port Canada
- Very good/ fair
Great learning and development department
Policy Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Great place to work with alot of potential to learn in your field. Opportunities to work with experienced individuals plenty.
I enjoyed all my years of work with Transport Canada
Accounting clerk (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 17, 2013
I worked in Finance and had the opportunity to do all the accounting cycle along with Administrative duties while I was with Transport Canada, It was a wonderful and interesting period of time. I was able to attend allot of courses and acquired all the knowledge and tools needed to function with confident and accuracy.
Excellent Place to Learn
Operational Support Assistant (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: co-op students are treated well
Cons: commute was too far
This organization is excellent for anyone interested in networking and learning more about the Transportation Industry. I really enjoyed my first co-op, and luckily was hired back for a second one. Unfortunately, the commute was very, very long!
Public Health Agency of Canada
Ministerial Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 19, 2013
Pros: contract position
Cons: agency contract
I found that the management did not know how to work with the employees. They could of used more training to help with that area.
Productive and a good support team
Administrative Officer IM/IT (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 9, 2013
Pros: not applicable
A busy place, Very organised, Good and strong management.
Enjoyable place with respect and good work etique
This was a very cool job, being able to take pictures, meet people.
Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 17, 2013
Pros: loved the fact that there was always something different to do each day, the responsibility of the job.
Cons: it was a temporary job which extended far beyond the original intention, it was bound to come to an end sometime.
This job was really interesting in the fact that I was creating something visible with great importance. Creating security/ID badges was a fun part of this particular job. My other duties were in the reception field, typing, answering phones, filing and photocopying. Really interesting people worked in this group. Although this job started out a a six month term employment, I was with them for almost 3 years.
A very relaxed and effective environment
Civil Aviation Operation Support Staff (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 1, 2012
Verify flight test and issue SPP. Enter AAIR into the systems.
Learning Experience & productive
Facilities & Corporate Security Assistant (Former Employee), Vancovuer, BCAugust 22, 2012
I loved working at Transport, my co-workers & boss were very nice.
The hardest part of my job was being split between 2 different jobs & people not understanding the split.
Pay Clerk in Personnel
Pay Clerk, Pay and Benefits (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2012
I enjoyed being a Pay Clerk, enjoyed helping employees with their salary and holiday problems. I was casual or term at the time and I was trying to become permanent. I had problems attending Interviews for job postings and was not successful at getting a permanent job. Then I was told that my term was terminated but needed to work so this is how I found an opening at Coast Guard.
Productive and fun work place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility and social every month
Cons: nothing
I have learnt a great deal working for Transport Canada. For instance, I have learn how to pay strong attention to details, work as a team and how to deal with problems independently.
Great people, great job!
Placement Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2011
Pros: friendly people, great views from windows
I was a placement student at Transport Canada, and it was an amazing place to go everyday! Everyone I met was friendly and happy to help! Great inter-office dynamic and all in all a great working environment.