TRANSPLACE

TRANSPLACE Employee Reviews

Accounting Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR21 August 2016
Typical day employee encouragement, customer satisfaction and vendor understanding. Patience. Great managers, co-workers. Office politics, interaction
Pros
Good Lower Management
Cons
Raises
Fun Place to work very unstable
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR20 August 2016
Very small and family oriented despite the size. The culture is great. The pay is very poor. The technology used is very good and they try to stay on top of that.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Poor Pay
Great Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WA16 August 2016
I have always enjoyed working for Transplace. Typical day in transportation is numerous phone calls, multi-tasking and staying on top of your freight daily.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothing bad to say about Transplace
productive work place
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJ25 July 2016
I've been working at Transplace a little shy of year and its a pretty decent company to work for. The work life balance in the beginning is a little tough.
Bias Company
Logistics Freight Account Manager-Sensory Effects (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA28 June 2016
Hire people that are not qualified for positions because they are the VPs "Buddy" from another company. You could have worked int he position for years before them, and you are skipped over for promotions. Also, they pay men much more than women that have been doing the job longer.
good in between job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR10 May 2016
good place to learn new things to take elsewhere. Not too good as far as compensation and time off. Management is good but can play favorites
Transplace
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR26 October 2015
I loved working for Transplace. It was one of my most memorable jobs. I worked with an awesome group of people. The managers were top notch. When I left it was like leaving family.
Typical desk job
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR19 October 2015
Typical desk job with too many people in upper management wanting to tell you what to do and no opportunity for growth. You will gain 20 lbs sitting in your seat.
Pros
Cons
Pay and Terrible insurance
Stressful due to poor managment
Capacity Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR31 August 2015
I enjoyed the customer interaction and some employee interaction. The fast pace environment and advancing in goals. The job was stressful due to poor management and unlawful employees. There is no job security in this company.
Pros
The career experience
Logistics Sales Representative
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX4 May 2015
 Secure capacity for loads
 Leverage carrier relationship to influence capacity awards during tight markets
 Contact carriers to obtain status of load-tendered; continue monitoring the shipment for on-time pick-up, transit, delivered, empty
 Update load status in system
 Notify Shipper and/or Receiver of Load Status and reschedule pick-up/delivery appointments when necessary
 Establish and maintain effective relationships with shippers and receivers through professional and timely communications and inquiry responses
 Correspond with customer and carrier regarding detention information
 Communicate and gain approval for expedite shipments
 Use of JIRA, including request new users and password resets via JIRA; provide specific and detailed comments to ensure Help Desk receives clear actionable requests within JIRA
 Train customer users on the TMS, leveraging knowledge of customer business practices and workflow
 Rate Quotes
Energetic Place to work
Logistics Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR9 February 2015
Productive Environment, Business Analysis
Friendly Co-Workers
Motivating Manager
Continuous Improvement Process
Job rotation every six months
Multi -Tasking with various clients
Green belt projects, Lean Six Sigma
Data Analysis
Great work experience.
Supply Chain Specialist at Monsanto Company (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO20 January 2015
I worked as a contractor for Monsanto and couldn't have asked for a better place to work. I learned a lot about professionalism along with a variety of work duties. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful with any issues. I always looked forward to going into work and solve problems
Fast Paced, Challenging Environment
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR2 November 2014
Energetic Environment; many opportunities for new challenges
Not what I expected.
Assistant Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, AR21 October 2014
I worked for someone that was not really good at managing. It was not a good work environment.
Pros
Worked with other co-workers that were great.
Cons
My manager
What I learned in my Departure and Return then Departure again...
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR30 July 2014
I worked at Transplace during my the early part of my career. It was very laid back but yet I still felt like I was a robot just pushing buttons. After returning 10 years later it still felt like I was a robot except that they have made great improvements in their TMS system. What I learned leaving and going back around is that their are Sharks(CH Robinson, BNSF Logistics & TQL) and then their are jellyfish(Transplace) of the sea. Over all it may work for some people but for me I felt I was a square peg they were trying to fit in a round circle.
Pros
Very Laid Back unless you work on a start up account
Cons
No bonus Program except for Managers or Directors.
Very family oriented company
Transportation Coordinator/ Colgate (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR13 March 2014
I love my job @ transplace, they are a great company, but I miss the trucking side of transprotation.
Review
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, Arkansas9 January 2014
I enjoyed most aspects of the job. I enjoyed the independence and not having management watching my every move.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX16 September 2013
Transplace is a 3PL Company. It provides a Productive and fun place to work. Equal opportunities to all. Flexibility at work. Life and work balance.
busy fast paced company
Contract Coordinator, Legal and Risk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR20 August 2013
Working in the Legal & Risk Dept at a major Logistics company was a great learning experience overall, the responsibilities were tremendous and exciting. Making sure all truckers had all legally required documentation etc to haul loads for our various customers could be a stressful job however I found it exciting and worthy. I enjoyed my team members on a personal level however, in the work environment I found that it was not easy for them to work under pressure and a lot of times hours would go by with out any words being spoken or any encouragement from our management which would make for very long days sometimes. I tried at several different meeting to communicate this to our supervisor, how important it was to keep things positive and how things would move and work a lot better for the company as a whole if we were encouraged to work as the team we were supposed to be. This seemed an impossible task for management to accomplish which made some days harder than others to get through.
Pros
being encouraged to set company goals and learn different jobs throughout the company
Cons
knowing at any time in any dept your position may not be needed
ok to work there
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX9 April 2013
a normal company , work, load, benefit are normal
not bad, but not very good either