TRANSPLACE Employee Reviews

Accounting Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR21 August 2016
Typical day employee encouragement, customer satisfaction and vendor understanding. Patience. Great managers, co-workers. Office politics, interaction
Pros
Good Lower Management
Cons
Raises
Fun Place to work very unstable
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR20 August 2016
Very small and family oriented despite the size. The culture is great. The pay is very poor. The technology used is very good and they try to stay on top of that.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Poor Pay
good in between job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR10 May 2016
good place to learn new things to take elsewhere. Not too good as far as compensation and time off. Management is good but can play favorites
Bias Company
Logistics Freight Account Manager-Sensory Effects (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA28 June 2016
Hire people that are not qualified for positions because they are the VPs "Buddy" from another company. You could have worked int he position for years before them, and you are skipped over for promotions. Also, they pay men much more than women that have been doing the job longer.
Great Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WA16 August 2016
I have always enjoyed working for Transplace. Typical day in transportation is numerous phone calls, multi-tasking and staying on top of your freight daily.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothing bad to say about Transplace
productive work place
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJ25 July 2016
I've been working at Transplace a little shy of year and its a pretty decent company to work for. The work life balance in the beginning is a little tough.
Stressful due to poor managment
Capacity Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR31 August 2015
I enjoyed the customer interaction and some employee interaction. The fast pace environment and advancing in goals. The job was stressful due to poor management and unlawful employees. There is no job security in this company.
Pros
The career experience
Cons
Very busy place, with a lot of good and talented people.
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR12 February 2012
Transplace provided an environment that was both challenging, with the potential for advancement. It was a brand new company when I worked there, so establishing the culture took a while, but since it seems to have developed into its own.
Pros
challenging work, and great people to work with.
Cons
limited 401k choices, pay not on par with industry average
Management was not supportive of employees
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN17 October 2012
Tendered orders to carriers based on my customers approved carrier list.

I learned more about my customers, and the products they produced.

Management of the company was not good. Since I did not work at the corporate office, management really did not know what I was doing, or appreciate my effforts.

Co-workers were hard working, but not becuase they were dedicated to the company, but for job security.

Hardest part of my job was dealing with management, and their lack of support.

Most enjoyable part of my job was working with other people at Transplace. I was able to make many long-lasting friends there.
Pros
not working at the corporate office
Cons
attitude of management
Typical desk job
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR19 October 2015
Typical desk job with too many people in upper management wanting to tell you what to do and no opportunity for growth. You will gain 20 lbs sitting in your seat.
Pros
Cons
Pay and Terrible insurance
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR29 August 2012
Good place to work. Excellent opportunity for advancement. Management was always supportive. The only downside was the expectation that you be available 24/7, negatively impacted home life.
Pros
good opportunity for advancement
Cons
negative impact on home life.
What I learned in my Departure and Return then Departure again...
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR30 July 2014
I worked at Transplace during my the early part of my career. It was very laid back but yet I still felt like I was a robot just pushing buttons. After returning 10 years later it still felt like I was a robot except that they have made great improvements in their TMS system. What I learned leaving and going back around is that their are Sharks(CH Robinson, BNSF Logistics & TQL) and then their are jellyfish(Transplace) of the sea. Over all it may work for some people but for me I felt I was a square peg they were trying to fit in a round circle.
Pros
Very Laid Back unless you work on a start up account
Cons
No bonus Program except for Managers or Directors.
busy fast paced company
Contract Coordinator, Legal and Risk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR20 August 2013
Working in the Legal & Risk Dept at a major Logistics company was a great learning experience overall, the responsibilities were tremendous and exciting. Making sure all truckers had all legally required documentation etc to haul loads for our various customers could be a stressful job however I found it exciting and worthy. I enjoyed my team members on a personal level however, in the work environment I found that it was not easy for them to work under pressure and a lot of times hours would go by with out any words being spoken or any encouragement from our management which would make for very long days sometimes. I tried at several different meeting to communicate this to our supervisor, how important it was to keep things positive and how things would move and work a lot better for the company as a whole if we were encouraged to work as the team we were supposed to be. This seemed an impossible task for management to accomplish which made some days harder than others to get through.
Pros
being encouraged to set company goals and learn different jobs throughout the company
Cons
knowing at any time in any dept your position may not be needed
Transplace
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR26 October 2015
I loved working for Transplace. It was one of my most memorable jobs. I worked with an awesome group of people. The managers were top notch. When I left it was like leaving family.
Logistics Sales Representative
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX4 May 2015
 Secure capacity for loads
 Leverage carrier relationship to influence capacity awards during tight markets
 Contact carriers to obtain status of load-tendered; continue monitoring the shipment for on-time pick-up, transit, delivered, empty
 Update load status in system
 Notify Shipper and/or Receiver of Load Status and reschedule pick-up/delivery appointments when necessary
 Establish and maintain effective relationships with shippers and receivers through professional and timely communications and inquiry responses
 Correspond with customer and carrier regarding detention information
 Communicate and gain approval for expedite shipments
 Use of JIRA, including request new users and password resets via JIRA; provide specific and detailed comments to ensure Help Desk receives clear actionable requests within JIRA
 Train customer users on the TMS, leveraging knowledge of customer business practices and workflow
 Rate Quotes
Account Service Rep. - Operations (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR5 July 2012
Good Place to work, kind, considerate people.
Management could use some upgrading.
Team work will get the job done.
Most enjoyable part is having a job to go to each day.
Pros
fun people
Review
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, Arkansas9 January 2014
I enjoyed most aspects of the job. I enjoyed the independence and not having management watching my every move.
Great work experience.
Supply Chain Specialist at Monsanto Company (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO20 January 2015
I worked as a contractor for Monsanto and couldn't have asked for a better place to work. I learned a lot about professionalism along with a variety of work duties. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful with any issues. I always looked forward to going into work and solve problems
Great work environment, wonderful people to work with.
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR11 June 2012
Job was a new division of the company that never really expanded the way it was believed it would. I enjoyed the work, the hours were flexible and supervisors were nice and easy to work with.
Pros
flexible time schedule
Cons
the company set up the new division, it didn't flourish as planned, so the lay off was totally unexpected.
Growing company with a very positive environment.
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR29 March 2012
The company has a great foundation with a lot of growth opportunity for people with Supply Chain or logistics experince.
The HR division is considerably small and I dont see a lot of growth opportunity here for myself.
Pros
work environment
Cons
location