TransLink

TransLink Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assistant
Confidential Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2013
Pros: respectful company
Cons: leaving
I was hired at Translink through a temp agency to help the IT department through a busy period. I was then asked to stay on and cover for a maternity leave as a Confidential Assistant.

I enjoyed meeting and greeting people, organizing calendars and appointments.

Great managers!

The hardest part was ending my assignment

I enjoyed working for a great – more... company and learned organization – less
Job for experience
Translator (Former Employee), Kyiv, UkraineNovember 19, 2014
Pros: professional growth
Cons: monotonous work, no perks
At this workplace I wanted to try my translation skills. It turned out that I could translate well but it was extremely difficult to do this monotonous work in front of a computer the whole working day. I didn't have any management tasks, however, the management system of the company was organized quite well. Since i was translating all the time, I – more... didn't communicate a lot with co-workers. Mostrly, because they were doing the same thing :) The most enjoyable part of the job was to get the result of my translation, meaning high-quality product. – less
very different
HR/Driver (Current Employee), Gold Coast, QLDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: lots of variety
Cons: tight schedules
enjoy the driving, quite stressful at times, vehicles need reviewing
Work experiance
Work Experience (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGAugust 9, 2014
this was work experience for a short time, not useful for rating them
Educational
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Belfast, NIRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: brilliant, fast-paced working environment
Cons: n/a
My short time at Translink was amazing as it was such a fast-paced, hands on environment where everybody was able to get along fine and not have to worry about background or culture. A typical day at work was maintaining and repairing buses etc. The co-workers where very inviting, they always started conversation and asked you how you are which was – more... very welcoming. Personally didn't find any of it very hard as it was an amazing learning experience, which I would repeat time and time again. – less
Summer Universiade 2013
Russian-English/English-Russian Interpreter (Former Employee), Kazan, RussiaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: new experience, new knowledge, new people from all aver the world.
Cons: n/a
I worked as an interpreter at the Student Olympic Games. Before the beginning of the Games I translated technical meetings, during the games I worked at Press-Conferences.
Great to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Downpatrick, N.IrelandNovember 30, 2013
Pros: great weekly wage, meeting new people every day
Cons: some shifts were long and had early starts
Basically the job consisted of driving a bus/coach on service mainly which i loved.
fun woring environment
Call centre/Operator (Former Employee), Milton, QLDNovember 19, 2013
- high volume inbound call centre
- excellent team work
- excellent remuneration package
- fun working environment
Mullti State Company
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Tulsa, OK & Mukilteo, WAJune 26, 2013
Pros: multi state traveling
Cons: went out of business
Great company to work for but this company went out of business due to corruption!!
Educative and Proactive Workplace
Treasury Clerk (Current Employee), BelfastJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: launch break
Cons: half hour
My first day at work was very challenging; I was introduce to the business project manager to work as a project accountant while I was originally employed as an account clerk. I received heavy report containing Business Case, Project Mandate, Project Brief,and Quality Submission report. In addition to this I was meant to give feedbacks by end of the – more... week on my understanding about the "like for like" upgrade of the software.

I finally understand project mandate which involve migration of historical data and system upgrade of Agresso 5.4 to 5.5 version which will consume six month approximately.
I finally understand my role as configuration librarian, moreover I was able to understand the financial accounting system and Translink business process.

As a configuration librarian;I attend all design workshops, project board meetings, prepare and monitored risk log, offer end user training of the new version to staffs, and perform integrated system testing.

My co-workers are highly trained professional individuals who work as a team with tolerance and stable personality. My Project manager holds a positive and humble charisma and very dedicated to his work. Although we do experience disagreement and issues within the team but this are always resolved

The hardest part of the Job was the end user training and going through the Quality submission report to understand the configuration items. In addition; understanding the new version in details took me a week and half before I could summarize them and explained it to my manager in my own understanding.

Attending board meetings to meet the Shareholders representative; and other managers was a great experience for me, I learnt what the board go through behind the scenes to keep the company going. Furthermore it was a great opportunity for me to utilize my skills to the fullest such as Accounting,IT, Project Management, and administration. – less