TransCore

TransCore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible company to work for!!!!
sales (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioDecember 7, 2013
This company only cares about calls and not quality. I am speaking for the Mississauga Location only. The customer care level is zero as they are aware that they are the only player in the industry.

The hold you to your hours of work, 30 mins lunches(dont be late), and what they say you can make on commission is limited to what they feel they want – more... to pay you and it is a complicated system of paying.

Reccomendation dont work for them under paid, over work, no care about customrs and people! – less
Unethical
Image Reviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 31, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: short breaks, management team, nepotism, forced overtime, no work/ life balance
This actual review comes from someone who actually worked at this location for a very VERY long time. The actual work itself is extremely easy, however the most stressful part about coming to work was dealing with the management team. The manager of the location was definitely unprofessional and VERY unethical at times. I've watched him get in other – more... employee's faces, slam things around in the break room, and come huffing and puffing throughout the office when things aren't going his way. People were actually scared to come to work because of the manager at this location. Some people stood up for themselves, but they never showed up the next day (they were released) We were constantly threatened, yelled at, called lazy, and told that we were easily replaceable as well. The supervisor over the department was replaced with a "seasoned reviewer." The female that replaced the previous supervisor has 2 family members that work directly underneath her, they are her subordinates. They in turn get "special treatment" and they both will "watch out" for their sister and have you fired immediately. From previous reviews, if the supervisor feels that you are a threat to her job she will release (fire) you. The entire office REALLY needs an overhaul in the management team, and HR definitely needs to step in and take action. In my time with Transcore I saw a LOT of GOOD workers come and go because management would rather work AGAINST you. Also, there is NO ROOM for advancement within this office. But, if you enjoy walking on egg shells on a day to day basis, dealing with jealous and backstabbing co-workers, and a VERY hostile working environment then this would be the place for you. – less
Very personable team members
Network Systems Technician (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not the best paying jobs
A company very family oriented. Slow to produce internal growth, limited Management assistance, but overall good people. Pay increases are very limited to match cost of living, which out weighs family expenses.
Call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Clifton Forge, VAJune 17, 2014
Working with my co-workers was enjoyable but management was poor.
Good work lots of distraction and attention seekers
employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: good work, overtime, incentives
Cons: short breaks, short lunch, jealousy/envious employees, no parking, cameras in break room, cameras in break rooms, no time to interact with anyone
Overall working here has been a bad experience starting with the supervisor who thinks she is better than you which we all can clearly see she is not. First of all supervisor is a bitter, jealous, insecure person. If she feels you are a threat or competition to her she will find ways to bring you down and pick on you for any reason. If she doesn't like – more... you she will pick on you. Beware she does have a sister who works there who will try to intimidate you. She and other employees there love attention, will intimidate you and will find ways to distract you. Training is only a few minutes and she will not show you easier tricks on keyboard or suggestions to earn incentives. That is where the jealous part comes in. (more personal)
So if you are a young, hard working, responsible person with integrity look somewhere else. Some employees would rather see you making wits end (needing from them) than seeing you have a good nice easy life. – less
great place to wrok for but alot of travel time.
Field Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 27, 2014
I had a nice time working for this company but i always traveled from different states.
Wonderful place to work, excellent benefits, beautiful facility, excellent management and overall good environment.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2014
Very Business like, Excellent training, answering questions, and keeping employees updated on new product and changes
Account Manager / Sales (Former Employee), 11000 SW Stratus Beaverton, OR, 97008May 14, 2014
Pros: customer service, i love people! working toward a goal.
Cons: not being able to find a customer a load, and hearing the disappointment in their voice
I typical day was to be on the phones every minute you weren't logged out for lunch or taking a break. You had to make calls to clients that were in your territory, as well as, be in a queue to answer incoming calls. Take a lot of notes so if you take a call that is in another person's territory, they know what is and has happened with their customer. – more... Within your own territory and accounts you take notes to help you remember what happened last time you spoke with them, this help build relationships with your customers. My territory base was 1100 customers. I sold software and managed accounts once established.

I learned a lot of about the trucking industry, about their difficulties, with gas prices getting so high, the stress of finding loads so they don't come back deadheaded.

Hardest: Changing customers mind about cancelling, as we were the most expensive service. However we were also the best and the original company in that transportation industry

Enjoyable: Again I love people so talking with customers – less
Productive and fun place to work @
project (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: a lot to learn from working in multiple projects at once
Cons: limited resources.
Great Company with many projects to improve your skills. Pay isn't so great for amount of work you do and less professionalism.
Job security and steady growth.
Field Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: job security, overtime, health care, steady growth, decent pay
Cons: some positions keep you from having a personal life.
A typical day is non existent working for TransCore as we do whatever it takes to get the job done. My co-workers are good people and work hard. We take pride in our work and it shows.

The hardest part of the job is being available around the clock regardless of if you are on call or not . The schedule can change with little to no warning which makes – more... it hard for someone with a family.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the freedom. Being out of the office and in the field. If you are self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision this is a good place to be. When you are not being bothered by management that means you are doing your job and doing it good. You are able to focus instead of being bothered by micro managers. – less
Lead Technical Engineer
Lead Field Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment, plenty of learning experience.
Good work enviroment, worked with others as well as individually, installed new electronic toll road equipment. Had to leave early to continue and further my education.
ok job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
a busy job. your off to yourself alot. cool part is that you could listen to music.
Users, back stabbers, and finger pointers to blame others for poor management
Contractor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: shiny and flashy- optical illusion
Cons: find some where else to work like burger king
Worked as a contractor for this company only to be used for what free knowledge could be obtained for constructing FLDOT projects. These in management think they are Electricians and system designers but can not design anything electrical that even comes close to meeting the minimum standards for FLDOT or National Electrical Code, especially where public – more... safety is concerned. – less
THE WORST PLACE EVER!
Customer Service Lead Representative (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: zero zero zero (only if you don't work for this comapany!!)
Cons: very pour management
STAY AWAY! LOOK FOR SOMETHING BETTER!

THIS PLACE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE LISTED AS ONE OF THE TOP COMPANIES TO WORK FOR! AT LEAST IT DIDN'T MAKE THE TOP FIVE/TEN.

IF YOU WANT A GOOD JOB OR CAREER PATH.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SOMETHING BETTER!!

KEEP LOOKING AND AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
simply
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), orlando, floridaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: management
make sure customers received their new transponders
nothing
did not like
love them
going to it
my coworkers
worst place that I have ever worked
csr (Former Employee), Dover DelawareJanuary 4, 2014
I worked at the Dover Delaware call center. It was the worst company I have ever worked for, The management has no clue what they are doing. They are more worried what you wear to work and things that have nothing to do with your work performance.
Transcore 2 way radio company
Technician 2 way radio (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: company vehicle and cell phone.
Cons: job security uncertainty due to being on a state gov't contractor
Overall a good company to work for. Lots of perks. Challenging work on a daily basis.
Great People, Fantastic learning environment
Traffic Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2013
Pros: helpful managment, great base pay and benefits.
I work as a traffic manager and operator for the Traffic Management Center for the Indiana Department Transportation. I attend to a variety f roadway issues such as monitoring construction and maintenance, car crashes, roadway damage, traffic congestion, and customer related predicaments. I thoroughly enjoy what I do, I love the team that I'm a part – more... of and the many learning opportunities that arise on a daily basis. – less
Enjoyable place to work.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Auburn, MADecember 5, 2013
TransCore is a great company to work for however there is little room for advancement in the Accounting department.
great opportunity to learn many trades but not paid to know them
Laborer (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTNovember 19, 2013
Pros: fun work if you enjoy electronics and wireing
Cons: gets slow in the winter time
I started through the temporary agency and was hired on full time after a year. i learned many things in the four years i was there but was not given any opportunities to work my way up through the company.

1 2 3

About TransCore

ABOUT US Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, – Read more