TransCore

TransCore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible company to work for!!!!
sales (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioDecember 7, 2013
This company only cares about calls and not quality. I am speaking for the Mississauga Location only. The customer care level is zero as they are aware that they are the only player in the industry.

The hold you to your hours of work, 30 mins lunches(dont be late), and what they say you can make on commission is limited to what they feel they want – more... to pay you and it is a complicated system of paying.

Reccomendation dont work for them under paid, over work, no care about customrs and people! – less
Easy going, comfortable environment
Image Review Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: easy going managers
Cons: no healthcare, no room for growth
A typical day at work consisted of a very quiet area, comfortable seating, use of the computer all day. Management was fair at employers taking breaks. My co-workers were pleasant. Everyone work by themselves sort of like a library atmosphere. The hardest part was hard on the eyes if you didn't take your breaks.
Tenure there did not last long.
SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: perceived company stability by employees
TransCore bought out AmTek, the company at which I worked. At the time I left there were teething problems and stiff competition.
Bad Teamwork
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICAN (Former Employee), PA-StatewideOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free phone, truck, laptop, gps
Cons: work 24/7/365, no life, on call 24/7/365. 200 text per day maybe 20 for you
No real training for job just thrown into the loop ( here is a phone , truck laptop phone numbers-have a nice day) No instruction for paper work time cards, procedures and you don't answer to Transcore we lease you to another so just stand on your head when they tell you. No hours 24/7/365 on call 24/7/365

Would not work for them again if asked.
Lots of hours but laid back
Field technician II (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: company vehicle and good co-workers
Cons: on-call schedule could be tough
Fairly open work days and easy job overall. Management when started was awesome and supportive but supervisor change lead to micromanagement and to much stress.
Was not my thing
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: short breaks
Must know how to type fast if not don't apply they monitor you daily and let people go very fast.
Laid back Environment
Payables Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg PASeptember 19, 2014
I gained my accounts receivable experience while working for this employer.
Transcore (Disrespectful Manager Team)
customer service /dispatch (Former Employee), Conway ARSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: 5 min breaks
Cons: management
I worked there from July 12,2014 to Sept,15,2014.
On my way to work Monday morning and was called at 7:45 am and told not to go back on location. I was let go for poor work proformance. I was there with no traning for 4 weeks then put on a old desk top computer from the 80's with no memory, it would not hold 2 programs at a time opened ,it would shut – more... one down ,not enough memory .Told manager several times I need a computer to do my job and he would say Im working on it .Lied over and over .all other employees have 2 screen's and updated systems with alot of memory to have serveral programs at the same time which is required at the same time to do there job's.
Manager team is very rude and hateful to all employees , manager has a bad temper and yells alot and slams doors alot.
A mean person . Yelling at customers on phone , i'm surprised that transcore has any customers left.
Stay away, if you have self respect..
Job was easy to do with the equitment to do it ,but just comming to work to have your butt chuded out everyday was horriable.
I will not go back there with this management team and no equitment to work on. and no one for training . – less
good job hours was good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2014
It was a very good job but the company was sold and shut down after so many years
Unethical
Image Reviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 31, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: short breaks, management team, nepotism, forced overtime, no work/ life balance
This actual review comes from someone who actually worked at this location for a very VERY long time. The actual work itself is extremely easy, however the most stressful part about coming to work was dealing with the management team. The manager of the location was definitely unprofessional and VERY unethical at times. I've watched him get in other – more... employee's faces, slam things around in the break room, and come huffing and puffing throughout the office when things aren't going his way. People were actually scared to come to work because of the manager at this location. Some people stood up for themselves, but they never showed up the next day (they were released) We were constantly threatened, yelled at, called lazy, and told that we were easily replaceable as well. The supervisor over the department was replaced with a "seasoned reviewer." The female that replaced the previous supervisor has 2 family members that work directly underneath her, they are her subordinates. They in turn get "special treatment" and they both will "watch out" for their sister and have you fired immediately. From previous reviews, if the supervisor feels that you are a threat to her job she will release (fire) you. The entire office REALLY needs an overhaul in the management team, and HR definitely needs to step in and take action. In my time with Transcore I saw a LOT of GOOD workers come and go because management would rather work AGAINST you. Also, there is NO ROOM for advancement within this office. But, if you enjoy walking on egg shells on a day to day basis, dealing with jealous and backstabbing co-workers, and a VERY hostile working environment then this would be the place for you. – less
Very personable team members
Network Systems Technician (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not the best paying jobs
A company very family oriented. Slow to produce internal growth, limited Management assistance, but overall good people. Pay increases are very limited to match cost of living, which out weighs family expenses.
Call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Clifton Forge, VAJune 17, 2014
Working with my co-workers was enjoyable but management was poor.
Good work lots of distraction and attention seekers
employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: good work, overtime, incentives
Cons: short breaks, short lunch, jealousy/envious employees, no parking, cameras in break room, cameras in break rooms, no time to interact with anyone
Overall working here has been a bad experience starting with the supervisor who thinks she is better than you which we all can clearly see she is not. First of all supervisor is a bitter, jealous, insecure person. If she feels you are a threat or competition to her she will find ways to bring you down and pick on you for any reason. If she doesn't like – more... you she will pick on you. Beware she does have a sister who works there who will try to intimidate you. She and other employees there love attention, will intimidate you and will find ways to distract you. Training is only a few minutes and she will not show you easier tricks on keyboard or suggestions to earn incentives. That is where the jealous part comes in. (more personal)
So if you are a young, hard working, responsible person with integrity look somewhere else. Some employees would rather see you making wits end (needing from them) than seeing you have a good nice easy life. – less
great place to wrok for but alot of travel time.
Field Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 27, 2014
I had a nice time working for this company but i always traveled from different states.
Wonderful place to work, excellent benefits, beautiful facility, excellent management and overall good environment.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2014
Very Business like, Excellent training, answering questions, and keeping employees updated on new product and changes
Account Manager / Sales (Former Employee), 11000 SW Stratus Beaverton, OR, 97008May 14, 2014
Pros: customer service, i love people! working toward a goal.
Cons: not being able to find a customer a load, and hearing the disappointment in their voice
I typical day was to be on the phones every minute you weren't logged out for lunch or taking a break. You had to make calls to clients that were in your territory, as well as, be in a queue to answer incoming calls. Take a lot of notes so if you take a call that is in another person's territory, they know what is and has happened with their customer. – more... Within your own territory and accounts you take notes to help you remember what happened last time you spoke with them, this help build relationships with your customers. My territory base was 1100 customers. I sold software and managed accounts once established.

I learned a lot of about the trucking industry, about their difficulties, with gas prices getting so high, the stress of finding loads so they don't come back deadheaded.

Hardest: Changing customers mind about cancelling, as we were the most expensive service. However we were also the best and the original company in that transportation industry

Enjoyable: Again I love people so talking with customers – less
Productive and fun place to work @
project (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: a lot to learn from working in multiple projects at once
Cons: limited resources.
Great Company with many projects to improve your skills. Pay isn't so great for amount of work you do and less professionalism.
Job security and steady growth.
Field Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: job security, overtime, health care, steady growth, decent pay
Cons: some positions keep you from having a personal life.
A typical day is non existent working for TransCore as we do whatever it takes to get the job done. My co-workers are good people and work hard. We take pride in our work and it shows.

The hardest part of the job is being available around the clock regardless of if you are on call or not . The schedule can change with little to no warning which makes – more... it hard for someone with a family.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the freedom. Being out of the office and in the field. If you are self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision this is a good place to be. When you are not being bothered by management that means you are doing your job and doing it good. You are able to focus instead of being bothered by micro managers. – less
Lead Technical Engineer
Lead Field Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment, plenty of learning experience.
Good work enviroment, worked with others as well as individually, installed new electronic toll road equipment. Had to leave early to continue and further my education.
ok job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
a busy job. your off to yourself alot. cool part is that you could listen to music.

1 2 3

About TransCore

ABOUT US Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, – Read more