Transcontinental Employee Review

View all Transcontinental reviews

Worst employer I have ever had
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Amherst NS30 October 2012
I worked as Inside Sales in the Amherst location -- and there were many problems which management recognized and said they would address, such as the Inside Sales role not being equal among other offices. This job required minimum 2-3 people and they weren't concerned about the customers.

I had been told to walk away from customers standing in front of me and go out back to make sales calls. They are so focused on sales they are not realizing the negative affect on their customers.

They are also very famous for backdooring people and offering packages to get people out of the door. Very unworthy and untrustworthy in the Amherst Daily News location
Pros
monday - friday
Cons
unrealistic work expectations, very unprofessional management, very negative office.

Other Transcontinental Employee Reviews

La gestion participative a fait que j'ai pu me develooper.
Technicien de production (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC22 January 2018
Les journéés de travail typique bien remplies est plus valeurisante.Il y a toujours quel que chose a faire. Le travail d'équipe fait avance mieux les choses.
Pros
Gestion des heures
Cons
Abus de certain
Aquisition expansion with layoffs. Vultures mentality.
Graphics Department (Former Employee) –  GTA Toronto14 December 2017
This company has a historic well documented
take over of smaller companies followed by massive layoffs. They care about increasing profit margin by
aggressive take over tactics that excludes employee
security or future. Be prepared for phony job reviews
revolving door strategies from existing middle managers
and a culture of protectionism. Communication and transparency are non existent employees are frequently let go without cause. Jobs are labeled redundant so they can justify letting people go .....and a few days later re hire for the same position for less money or to move a full time position to part time and avoid paying benefits.
There are additionally managers from other locations who are moved when their own branches are closed to arbitrarily take a position from another unsuspecting employee in a surviving branch ....it's all so medieval
and draconian in it's approach. My honest appraisal is that you should not work for this company it is in decline.
Pros
Hard to say
Cons
Review covered most but not all of the drawbacks.