Transcontinental Employee Review

View all Transcontinental reviews

A fast paced environment that keeps you busy.
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA2 August 2013
As a pressman we had to maintain and work on a printing press. From the control room we can adjust speed, quality control, color amount, water levels, etc. It was the brain of the press, I learned great management skills because I had my own team. My co workers for the most part were easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was working on holidays being away from family at times. I enjoyed how there was always overtime in case we needed a little extra money.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, good value system, friendly management
Cons
All year round job, long shifts, stressful deadlines

Other Transcontinental Employee Reviews

La gestion participative a fait que j'ai pu me develooper.
Technicien de production (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC22 January 2018
Les journéés de travail typique bien remplies est plus valeurisante.Il y a toujours quel que chose a faire. Le travail d'équipe fait avance mieux les choses.
Pros
Gestion des heures
Cons
Abus de certain
Aquisition expansion with layoffs. Vultures mentality.
Graphics Department (Former Employee) –  GTA Toronto14 December 2017
This company has a historic well documented
take over of smaller companies followed by massive layoffs. They care about increasing profit margin by
aggressive take over tactics that excludes employee
security or future. Be prepared for phony job reviews
revolving door strategies from existing middle managers
and a culture of protectionism. Communication and transparency are non existent employees are frequently let go without cause. Jobs are labeled redundant so they can justify letting people go .....and a few days later re hire for the same position for less money or to move a full time position to part time and avoid paying benefits.
There are additionally managers from other locations who are moved when their own branches are closed to arbitrarily take a position from another unsuspecting employee in a surviving branch ....it's all so medieval
and draconian in it's approach. My honest appraisal is that you should not work for this company it is in decline.
Pros
Hard to say
Cons
Review covered most but not all of the drawbacks.