Transcontinental

Transcontinental Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i enjoyed my years at transcontinetal
Labourer (Former Employee), markham , ontAugust 7, 2015
Pros: the company would provide a company bbq each year. which was always fun to attend
I worked for T.C Transcontinental for 10 years. They where a good company to work for. They where very friendly people. The head of my department and supervisor where great. If I ever had a problem it was handled efficiently and very professionally. They are very safe conscious. The other employees and temps where a pleasure to work with. I have since retired but have kept in contact with many of my friends there.
fun place
Laborer (Former Employee), Borden, PEJuly 21, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
do different types of jobs on different days co workers are awesome hard work but you enjoy the work nothing bad to really say good management and easy to work for
Very nice employees
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 27, 2015
Overall good company, however, not much possibility of advancement. Staff is very friendly, always willing to help out.
Fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2014
It was hectic during the training but than got easier after learning the equipment and operations. Co-workers were supportive and friendly, workflow depends upon the week of the day. Was on 1 week rotational shifts so allowed me to have a balance between job and life.
Being shift work, harder on family life and marriages. Unless you get promoted salary is in lower end for factory work. Entry level is physical.
Finishing Assistant (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: lots of over-time if you like working
Cons: long hours, and worse if you get hurt, as managers tend to treat their employee's as clock numbers, nothing more, here.
Hard place to get promoted unless you are friends with Managers or related to them. 12 hrs. shift work, rotating every week. Can be hostile if you get hurt, as this company tend to be not co-operative with work related injuries or reporting them to WSIB, especially the invisible injuries like back or shoulder rotator cuff type injuries, where you need images to prove them. Raises are smaller in the entry level jobs too. Non-union place so seniority doesn't matter, so long term employees easily get bumped by junior employee's as well.
Location for work. No leisure
Spécialiste d'Application - Analyste fonctionnel (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2014
Cons: high hierarchical structure
I work in a collaborative team where we share ideas and help each others on a daily basis. The team culture is great and our manager is so open and available for the team members and supports us.
Great people, wide array of experience, terrible pay
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: very low pay
I would have a various array of experiences each day (quoting jobs, getting subcontractor support, managing maintenance duties/several trades). The work environment was very healthy and a profit share plan was in effect. The pay was drastically lower than anything I've ever had and management will say anything to get you in the door.
not a place i would suggest to work
General Laborer (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 30, 2014
Cons: bad hours, horrible boss and very little pay
when i worked there every quarter meeting they talk about ho they are not making a profit when i left 1 month they let a lot of people go
Never have regular hours
head pressman (Current Employee), Gatineau, QCApril 4, 2013
Pros: good wages
Cons: no regular. hours and old machinery
Old machinery. 12hrs shifts. I learn everyday something new. Wehave a good team. Seeing rheresult of your work makes it worth while.
Productive. Friendly staff
Safety Student (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 14, 2013
Pros: plenty of independent work.
Cons: unpaid
 Revised and updated Health and Safety best practices manual.
 Took part in workplace inspections.
 Attended committee meetings.
 Booked over 100 employees for Ergonomic Training Sessions.
 Reviewed Ergonomic workstation assessments with employees.
 Interacted and communicated with employees and staff.
 Assisted committee members when needed.
 Kept bulletin boards clean and up-to-date.
Worst employer I have ever had
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Amherst NSOctober 30, 2012
Pros: monday - friday
Cons: unrealistic work expectations, very unprofessional management, very negative office.
I worked as Inside Sales in the Amherst location -- and there were many problems which management recognized and said they would address, such as the Inside Sales role not being equal among other offices. This job required minimum 2-3 people and they weren't concerned about the customers.

I had been told to walk away from customers standing in front of me and go out back to make sales calls. They are so focused on sales they are not realizing the negative affect on their customers.

They are also very famous for backdooring people and offering packages to get people out of the door. Very unworthy and untrustworthy in the Amherst Daily News location
Great Place to work
Customer Credit Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 1, 2012
Very Busy
Balancing Policy with day to day work
Working with clients and understanding there needs
Imprimerie
Adjointe Administrative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 6, 2013
Pros: bonne ambiance, salaires et avantages
Cons: localisation
Très bonne compagnie dans le domaine. Bonne gestion de ses ressources humaines. Possibilités d'avancement.
Environnement de travail très organisé.
Infographiste (Current Employee), Drummondville, QCOctober 26, 2012
Chaque employé doit savoir gérer son temps avec le nombre de dossier à effectuer. Période de stress intense vers la fin des dead line. Pas de problème avec ça. La compagnie se tient à la fine pointe de la technologie.
fermeture
Chef pressier (Former Employee), Rivière-des-Prairies, QCJuly 27, 2012
je n'ai pas vraiment d'avis positive parce que environs 9 mois après nous avoir acheté ils nous ont fermé.Donc après un peu plus de 27 ans de service je me retrouve sans emploi.