Transcontinental Printing

Transcontinental Printing Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company, competitive industry
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: lunch and learns, endless learning posibilities to keep csrs fresh
There is never a dull moment at Transcontinental for a CSR. There is always customer queries to follow up on, quotes to request, billing to file, press time to calculate, dockets to open, estimates to review and timelines to negotiate.

While working at TC I learned about digital and large format printing, different substrates, how to calculate press times and resources, learned new software programs (FileMaker and Logic) and also had to opportunity to hone my negotiation skills.

Management and coworkers are incredibly supportive as everyone works together and perseveres under the pressure of this ever shrinking and competitive industry. More experienced coworkers are always willing to share their experience/knowledge of past projects to help each other resolve issues with current projects. Management provides helpful and timely guidance and advice.
Awesome Environment/Great Place to Work for an Entry Level Postion
Junior Accountant (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, friendly co-workers, great to improve financial skills and learn key elements in the accounting/finance corporate world
Cons: no opportunities to move up in the company
A Typical Day:
-Worked with Upper Management to create and maintain financial performance excel files
-Prepare for month end, maintain fixed assets, prepare journal entries, perform financial analysis on financial statements
-Maintain overtime file, temporary labour file, waste analysis, and gross sales
-I learned how to incorporate upper managements demands while maintaining accounting principles and procedures
-I really enjoy working with my coworkers in an open office environment
-Co-workers are friendly, easy to get along with, always willing to help
-hardest part of my job is getting everyone to cooperate to gather financial data, but I have learned the right communication tools to help me maximize date gathering
-most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and environment; it is very open management based, and management is very flexible and trusts their employees
Good co workers made it a good day.
press helper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: lots of ot
Cons: dirty work, long hours and shift work
The warehouse was a very hot place to work in the summer time. Everyday started with seeing what job was running either you are taking over for someone on running job or you were setting up for a new job. Everyone on the production floor were great to work for always showing there appreciation for a job well done. Never got a good job from management though. The hardest part of the job was when press was not running and had to clean the press. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everything at the beginning of the job comes together without any problems and had a nice easy production run.
Very Productive with high paced and high reward environment
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and respectable co-workers
Cons: long hours switching from day shift to night shift in same week
Working at Transcontinental Printing has taught me many things about the industry and has given me a new found respect to all the hard work that goes into a hard days work to ensure our final copy is more than satisfactory for our customers.
A good place to work
General Labourer (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: neat and clean
Cons: nothing really
I have worked on and off at Transcontinental Printing since the fall of 2013 and I have found that they treat me very fair. I wish I could get full-time hours there but I am working through a staffing agency.
having fun with co-workers
General Labour (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 6, 2014
i'm having fun with my co-workers when we accomplish our job. The hardest part of a job is when i am waiting for another work and it kind of makes me bored. The most enjoyable part of a job is when you get your salary completed and it inspired me to work harder and to satisfy my goals. I can also work independently. What i have learned in my past job is to work hard and save money for my school.
Continuous learning with a splash of fun added
Procurement/Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Concord, ONSeptember 20, 2013
I have very much enjoyed my time. Unfortunately, my location will begin closing very soon. I have learned so much in my time here!
has its ups and downs
General Helper (Current Employee), Concord, ONAugust 19, 2013
Typically i pack printed flyers unto skids to be sent out to customers.
A good place to work with great co-workers and sometimes many new faces
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 26, 2013
Pros: i have great hours good co-workers
Cons: the pay isn't high enough, no room for advancment
A typical day at work stars early I'm up at 4;45 am I start work at 6;00 am. I continue running the machine I ran the day before or meet with the Lead on the floor and see what is next on the list jobs for the day. I set up jobs on different machines so people can run then setup my own job to run. Many times through the day I am asked to help other people a job setup or maintenance, or use the forklift to get something in the warehouse. The hardest part of the job is working with workers from the temp agency's they may only be there for a day and have no idea what is expected of them or how to do the job at hand, at the same time this can be the most rewarding because you meet knew people teach them something new while maybe learning a little something new yourself.
Decent place to work, but not trustworthy.
Supervisor (Former Employee), WinnipegJune 10, 2013
Pros: they offered various training programs
Cons: you work very hard to make the company a success and they shut you down anyway.
It was a fairly decent company to work for that offered a lot of training, Unfortunately they bought off and shut down several successful winnipeg printing companies to accomodate their plants in other big cities with our large clients. There's one Transcon left in Winnipeg, I would NOT work for them again.
20 years working, upgraded education contually
Journeyman Pressman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary, good people
Cons: didn't promote from within
I spent 20 years working for this company, from my mid-twenties to just last March, was educated continuous, enjoyed the team atmosphere but was time for a change
good place to work
rollman (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 6, 2013
good place to work and opertunity to move up. its a 12 hour job, lots of overtime. management was really good to myself.
Great Company to work for
Graphic Design (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good pay, enjoyable work
Cons: some employees don't work
Transcontinental is a good company

Good Management
Good Pay
Easy work, but not much room for advancing... if you do want to advance your skills, good temporary place, but if you want to move forward... don't stay idle here :)
sucked
Roll Tender (Former Employee), Aurora, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: management
not good bad place to work in the aurora location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was a great place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Started at 8am finished at 8pm
Learned how to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Co-workers were great.
Very long days.
Having 4 days off a week was great.
Busy
Shipper/Receiver of incoming and outgoing trucks (Former Employee), Aurora OntarioJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: 3 12hr shifts a week
Cons: to many owners in the last 6 years
Very busy.
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job was the long days.
Having 4 days off a week was great.
Very good
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 18, 2012
It was very good to work at this place. Very friendly environment.