Transcontinental Printing

Transcontinental Printing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good co workers made it a good day.
press helper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: lots of ot
Cons: dirty work, long hours and shift work
The warehouse was a very hot place to work in the summer time. Everyday started with seeing what job was running either you are taking over for someone on running job or you were setting up for a new job. Everyone on the production floor were great to work for always showing there appreciation for a job well done. Never got a good job from management – more... though. The hardest part of the job was when press was not running and had to clean the press. The most enjoyable part of the job was when everything at the beginning of the job comes together without any problems and had a nice easy production run. – less
Very Productive with high paced and high reward environment
SHIPPING CLERK (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and respectable co-workers
Cons: long hours switching from day shift to night shift in same week
Working at Transcontinental Printing has taught me many things about the industry and has given me a new found respect to all the hard work that goes into a hard days work to ensure our final copy is more than satisfactory for our customers.
A good place to work
General Labourer (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: neat and clean
Cons: nothing really
I have worked on and off at Transcontinental Printing since the fall of 2013 and I have found that they treat me very fair. I wish I could get full-time hours there but I am working through a staffing agency.
having fun with co-workers
General Labour (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 6, 2014
i'm having fun with my co-workers when we accomplish our job. The hardest part of a job is when i am waiting for another work and it kind of makes me bored. The most enjoyable part of a job is when you get your salary completed and it inspired me to work harder and to satisfy my goals. I can also work independently. What i have learned in my past job – more... is to work hard and save money for my school. – less
Continuous learning with a splash of fun added
Procurement/Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Concord, ONSeptember 20, 2013
I have very much enjoyed my time. Unfortunately, my location will begin closing very soon. I have learned so much in my time here!
has its ups and downs
General Helper (Current Employee), Concord, ONAugust 19, 2013
Typically i pack printed flyers unto skids to be sent out to customers.
A good place to work with great co-workers and sometimes many new faces
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 26, 2013
Pros: i have great hours good co-workers
Cons: the pay isn't high enough, no room for advancment
A typical day at work stars early I'm up at 4;45 am I start work at 6;00 am. I continue running the machine I ran the day before or meet with the Lead on the floor and see what is next on the list jobs for the day. I set up jobs on different machines so people can run then setup my own job to run. Many times through the day I am asked to help other – more... people a job setup or maintenance, or use the forklift to get something in the warehouse. The hardest part of the job is working with workers from the temp agency's they may only be there for a day and have no idea what is expected of them or how to do the job at hand, at the same time this can be the most rewarding because you meet knew people teach them something new while maybe learning a little something new yourself. – less
Decent place to work, but not trustworthy.
Supervisor (Former Employee), WinnipegJune 10, 2013
Pros: they offered various training programs
Cons: you work very hard to make the company a success and they shut you down anyway.
It was a fairly decent company to work for that offered a lot of training, Unfortunately they bought off and shut down several successful winnipeg printing companies to accomodate their plants in other big cities with our large clients. There's one Transcon left in Winnipeg, I would NOT work for them again.
20 years working, upgraded education contually
Journeyman Pressman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary, good people
Cons: didn't promote from within
I spent 20 years working for this company, from my mid-twenties to just last March, was educated continuous, enjoyed the team atmosphere but was time for a change
good place to work
rollman (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 6, 2013
good place to work and opertunity to move up. its a 12 hour job, lots of overtime. management was really good to myself.
Great Company to work for
Graphic Design (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good pay, enjoyable work
Cons: some employees don't work
Transcontinental is a good company

Good Management
Good Pay
Easy work, but not much room for advancing... if you do want to advance your skills, good temporary place, but if you want to move forward... don't stay idle here :)
sucked
Roll Tender (Former Employee), Aurora, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: management
not good bad place to work in the aurora location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was a great place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Started at 8am finished at 8pm
Learned how to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Co-workers were great.
Very long days.
Having 4 days off a week was great.
Busy
Shipper/Receiver of incoming and outgoing trucks (Former Employee), Aurora OntarioJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: 3 12hr shifts a week
Cons: to many owners in the last 6 years
Very busy.
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job was the long days.
Having 4 days off a week was great.
Very good
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 18, 2012
It was very good to work at this place. Very friendly environment.
Transcontinental printing
Production Technician (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: heavy lifting, lack of sleep, skin irritation from chemicals, loud noise level
Start the shift off with a group huddle to go over the scheduled runs for each press. If no runs are scheduled for a particular press, you are required to do maintenance. The hardest part of the job is the maintenance. The company has a maintenance staff but pressmen perform a great deal of preventive maintenance on a daily and weekly basis.
24 hour production
Production Technician (Current Employee), Fremont, CANovember 13, 2013
Pros: overtime, benefits
Cons: compensation, management
Work environment is safe, long shifts (12 hour) Loading trucks with forklifts or electric pallet jacks, working as a team is a must.
Management is a little unorganized.
productive and fun workplace, uniforms and laundry provided
Production Technician (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJune 22, 2013
Pros: laundry service provided, fitness center
Cons: minimal training, long hours (12.5 hr shifts)
overall this company is pretty good. compensation and benefits are very competitive, but the training program is very lacking
Clean and safety-oriented factory setting
Sr. Press Helper (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJuly 9, 2012
Pros: good benefits and retirement
Cons: long hours and physically demanding
I would go to my assigned work area and begin taking stacks of finished printed papers from the end of the press and stacking them on skids to await shipping. I may be involved in cleaning or maintenence of the press as well as assisting in setting up the press for new jobs or quality control on the product.
I learned a lot about the machinery and practices – more... of the printing and print advertising industries.
Management gave ample opportunities for training and advancement, which I greatly appreciated.
My co-workers were generally helpful and supportive, giving me the opportunity to learn from their experience and expertise.
The hardest part was the long hours and difficult physical demands.
The best part was successfully being part of a team that worked on the largest, most difficult, fastest press in the shop, and doing it well. – less