Transcom Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 February 2016
I really enjoyed the job experience at Transcom. The people that I worked for and with were very flexible and helpful. Trancsom also taught me how to deal with irrated customers and also helped me with conflict resolution.
answering customers inquiries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 January 2014
I learned how to be patient with customers. The hardest part is to how to let the customer calm and convenience customers
with the answers .
I am friendly with my co-workers.
the most enjoyable part is to speak with different people with different minds.

the hardest part is to understand different accent of people and solve their problems.
i try to do my best to let my customer feel happy and satisfied.
Pros
indoor job. dental benefits and medical insurance.
Cons
sitting on the chair for a long time without calls is boring.
Repeative and boring at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 December 2013
Sign in and open dozens of programs to get set up, and sign on to the phones.
Answer calls from angry or stressed customers and try to calm them and solve the problem as fast and efficiently as possible, you have many "stats" to keep up with.
Long hours, but same shifts every week after training and are selected.
Opportunity for over time, and go home earlier.
Open 24/7, decently flexible.
Pros
No labour, face to face customer encounters.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes boring and stressful.
Friendly workplace with many opportunities for career advancements
Full time customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 July 2015
I really enjoyed me experience with working with Transcom. The campaign I worked for was called BrightHouse, an American cable company. I took inbound calls for billing and technical support. Its a great job for working with customer service and gaining people skills. Theres almost 500 people who work at transcom so its really easy to make some great friends and everyone is really supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I learned how to be quick on my feet and finding the best solutions to most problems.
Pros
commission, desk job, friendly workplace
Cons
frustraited customers
Transcom was a great place to work, actually with table tennis access at lunch time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec19 June 2014
A typical day at work was usually busy with a lot of calls.
I learned a lot.
Management was great and relaxed.
My co-workers were awesome.
The hardest part of the job was when products advertised were sold out.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having satisfied customers.
good job for someone who needs one
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 September 2015
Transcom gives you great benefits and guaranteed 40 hours a week, they also have the best training team and get training.
management suck at dealing with anything
csr (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 October 2012
They higher anyone off the street harassment through out the building benefits suck as everything has to be paid for up front yet you barly make enough money to live on over time was great till they changed it lots of drunks and drugs while at work and no privacy they have your Facebook stocked by a team of employees
Cons
disrespectful staff
productive and fun loving
Customer Service Representative - Inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 August 2013
> listening to different types of calls everyday.
> finding solution to every problem calmly, politely and in a respectful manner
>management and co-workers were friendly and helping hands
>tackling with angry or frustrated customer
>different talks on every call.
Good Organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 March 2015
Working at Transcom helped to build my administrative skills; superior staff members were encouraging and always willing to help. The management also looked out for staff members' best interests.
Call Centre
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie21 July 2014
A typical day was answering calls from Clients questions and concerns. I learned how to troubleshoot productively. Management was not really around a lot. The hardest part of the job was the noise level. The most enjoyable was helping the elderly with their tv remotes.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent/Technical (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 December 2012
I loved coming to work every day to be surrounded by my friends and working at a job I loved. I also was a huge fan of our management and was never afraid to discuss my feelings about my job with them.
Exciting and ever changing work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 June 2014
At Transcom my job was to assist new and current customers with placing orders and servicing orders that had been placed. During my time there I learned how to proficiently operate several programs that helped me accommodate the customers needs. My team was very helpful, it seemed as if everyone around me was more than willing to assist if I was confused about anything. Helping to put on smile on someones face and knowing that I either successfully placed their order or resolved their issue in one call was probably my favorite part of the job. Though, the constant flux of information and polices changing on a daily basis was a little more than challenging, I managed to keep up.
Pros
Helping customers.
Cons
Constant information flux.
F.F (Fun and Fast)
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 June 2013
Fantastic work place! Great co-workers who become friends quick! Allow you to set goals and strive to achieve them. Fast paced work place, but extremely enjoyable. Great benefits!
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2014
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
Pros
always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours
Fun place to work Many Learning experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2013
Transcom Had Great Benefits Good salary. Worked on Canadian Tire, Comcast, Best Buy and Government Contracts.
Fun place to work. management is not the best.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 August 2012
Working on a computer and answering phone calls about cable phone and internet repair,.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
bad management
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON12 August 2015
It was a pleasure talking to the inbound customers and providing them with the best service available to me. As your typical call center goes internal conflict and with a diverse group of colleagues you learn to adapt.
Pros
commisions
Cons
lack of growth within the company
Nice place to work if they could keep the offices open.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON and Home Agent14 June 2013
After being laid off from the Chatham, ON office I was asked to come back as a Home Agent only to be laid off a second time. I love the supportive environment, the regular coaching feedbacks but it is frustrating knowing I turned down other jobs to come back as Home Agent only to be laid off again.
Pros
Very supportive co-workers, everyone works as a team to help out.
Cons
They keep closing offices.
Interesting Customer Support Role for internet/phone/cable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 December 2014
As an outsource company managing client problem calls for Comcast Telecom U.S services, it was interesting to serve in a support role assisting and resolving client issues to bring them back online and also provide opportunities for increased services. This 24/7 operation provided a flexible work schedule that suited my part-time needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Boring and Verbally Abusive Job
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 October 2013
This job is ok I always get my 40 hours per week but it is very hard to get a day off or even to shift trade. The hours and long and the work is boring. Central Florida customers generally have a bad attitude and I get cursed at on a daily basis. The people who work there are good and it's a friendly environment with a good break room but the work sucks.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Rude customers