Transcom Employee Reviews

Call Centre
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  BarrieJuly 21, 2014
A typical day was answering calls from Clients questions and concerns. I learned how to troubleshoot productively. Management was not really around a lot. The hardest part of the job was the noise level. The most enjoyable was helping the elderly with their tv remotes.
Exciting and ever changing work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 29, 2014
At Transcom my job was to assist new and current customers with placing orders and servicing orders that had been placed. During my time there I learned how to proficiently operate several programs that helped me accommodate the customers needs. My team was very helpful, it seemed as if everyone around me was more than willing to assist if I was confused about anything. Helping to put on smile on someones face and knowing that I either successfully placed their order or resolved their issue in one call was probably my favorite part of the job. Though, the constant flux of information and polices changing on a daily basis was a little more than challenging, I managed to keep up.
Pros
helping customers.
Cons
constant information flux.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent/Technical (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 5, 2012
I loved coming to work every day to be surrounded by my friends and working at a job I loved. I also was a huge fan of our management and was never afraid to discuss my feelings about my job with them.
counting
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2015
I was able to go to various settings such as grocery stores and warehouses and clothing stores. I was able to work with huge groups as well as with small committees. An interesting experience
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 7, 2014
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
Pros
always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours
F.F (Fun and Fast)
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 22, 2013
Fantastic work place! Great co-workers who become friends quick! Allow you to set goals and strive to achieve them. Fast paced work place, but extremely enjoyable. Great benefits!
Fun place to work Many Learning experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 21, 2013
Transcom Had Great Benefits Good salary. Worked on Canadian Tire, Comcast, Best Buy and Government Contracts.
Fun place to work. management is not the best.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 30, 2012
Working on a computer and answering phone calls about cable phone and internet repair,.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
bad management
Interesting Customer Support Role for internet/phone/cable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONDecember 14, 2014
As an outsource company managing client problem calls for Comcast Telecom U.S services, it was interesting to serve in a support role assisting and resolving client issues to bring them back online and also provide opportunities for increased services. This 24/7 operation provided a flexible work schedule that suited my part-time needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Nice place to work if they could keep the offices open.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON and Home AgentJune 14, 2013
After being laid off from the Chatham, ON office I was asked to come back as a Home Agent only to be laid off a second time. I love the supportive environment, the regular coaching feedbacks but it is frustrating knowing I turned down other jobs to come back as Home Agent only to be laid off again.
Pros
very supportive co-workers, everyone works as a team to help out.
Cons
they keep closing offices.
csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 17, 2015
great place to work and have a great time make friends. lots of interesting things to learn and do. lots of great people tp talk to on the phone and in the office would ove to work there again and again
Boring and Verbally Abusive Job
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONOctober 5, 2013
This job is ok I always get my 40 hours per week but it is very hard to get a day off or even to shift trade. The hours and long and the work is boring. Central Florida customers generally have a bad attitude and I get cursed at on a daily basis. The people who work there are good and it's a friendly environment with a good break room but the work sucks.
Pros
comission
Cons
rude customers
My Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
My days at LW were so much fun before that store was open i was there i set that store up then stayed on after it was all my boss were grate the hardest part was being the warehouse manager and a CSR the best part was i got to play bingo right nest door on lunch and i made alot of good friends
Pros
overtime
Cons
lot of paper at the end of the day
challenging and enjoyable job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 14, 2012
log in, get started helping customers. Stay immersed until breaktime.
Honed computer skills I spent very little time with co-workers. When my headset was on, I only used hold to get or give help.
Pros
filtered water
Cons
rather cumbersome computer system, prone to crashes, tons of passwords
productive and fun environment to be
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montreal,queJanuary 12, 2014
typical day would be busy incoming calls of customers inquiring about there cable and billing . the work environment is very relaxing co workers are always willing to help each if there is a problem you can't solve on your own.
Great Place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 26, 2013
Transcom is an equal opportunity company that will reward performance. The people are excellent and the company is a lot of fun to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 21, 2014
Amazing company to work for. Have been working here for almost 2 years.
Fun place, good management, flexible work schedule and good collegues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Catharines ONAugust 11, 2012
Transcom was a wonderful experience and made me improve on my customer service skills, team spirit, excellent sales person.
Pros
flexible schedule
it was allright
t.s.r. (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 23, 2012
the people were nice. The only problem was rases were based on how fast you could do your calls,so alot of people would transfer incoplete calls infurerating the customers.
Pros
clean
Cons
disorganized
This business is closing and will no longer be operational after Feb 28
Telephone Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 8, 2014
The people have been wonderful but this company is closing.