Transcom Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2014
Amazing company to work for. Have been working here for almost 2 years.
Again
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 September 2014
I already did a review for Transcom and I see no purpose in repeating myself.
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2014
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
Pros
always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours
Call Centre
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie21 July 2014
A typical day was answering calls from Clients questions and concerns. I learned how to troubleshoot productively. Management was not really around a lot. The hardest part of the job was the noise level. The most enjoyable was helping the elderly with their tv remotes.
Exciting and ever changing work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 June 2014
At Transcom my job was to assist new and current customers with placing orders and servicing orders that had been placed. During my time there I learned how to proficiently operate several programs that helped me accommodate the customers needs. My team was very helpful, it seemed as if everyone around me was more than willing to assist if I was confused about anything. Helping to put on smile on someones face and knowing that I either successfully placed their order or resolved their issue in one call was probably my favorite part of the job. Though, the constant flux of information and polices changing on a daily basis was a little more than challenging, I managed to keep up.
Pros
Helping customers.
Cons
Constant information flux.
Transcom was a great place to work, actually with table tennis access at lunch time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec19 June 2014
A typical day at work was usually busy with a lot of calls.
I learned a lot.
Management was great and relaxed.
My co-workers were awesome.
The hardest part of the job was when products advertised were sold out.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having satisfied customers.
The company closed the office
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 May 2014
The Canadian company was bought out by a international company and they closed 6 building in two countries
My Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 April 2014
My days at LW were so much fun before that store was open i was there i set that store up then stayed on after it was all my boss were grate the hardest part was being the warehouse manager and a CSR the best part was i got to play bingo right nest door on lunch and i made alot of good friends
Pros
overtime
Cons
Lot of paper at the end of the day
answering customers inquiries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 January 2014
I learned how to be patient with customers. The hardest part is to how to let the customer calm and convenience customers
with the answers .
I am friendly with my co-workers.
the most enjoyable part is to speak with different people with different minds.

the hardest part is to understand different accent of people and solve their problems.
i try to do my best to let my customer feel happy and satisfied.
Pros
indoor job. dental benefits and medical insurance.
Cons
sitting on the chair for a long time without calls is boring.
productive and fun environment to be
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montreal,que12 January 2014
typical day would be busy incoming calls of customers inquiring about there cable and billing . the work environment is very relaxing co workers are always willing to help each if there is a problem you can't solve on your own.
This business is closing and will no longer be operational after Feb 28
Telephone Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 January 2014
The people have been wonderful but this company is closing.
Repeative and boring at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 December 2013
Sign in and open dozens of programs to get set up, and sign on to the phones.
Answer calls from angry or stressed customers and try to calm them and solve the problem as fast and efficiently as possible, you have many "stats" to keep up with.
Long hours, but same shifts every week after training and are selected.
Opportunity for over time, and go home earlier.
Open 24/7, decently flexible.
Pros
No labour, face to face customer encounters.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes boring and stressful.
A hard job with great support
Technical Support and Sales Agent/ Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 November 2013
A difficult job, every customer is different, every customer is a learning experience.
Boring and Verbally Abusive Job
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 October 2013
This job is ok I always get my 40 hours per week but it is very hard to get a day off or even to shift trade. The hours and long and the work is boring. Central Florida customers generally have a bad attitude and I get cursed at on a daily basis. The people who work there are good and it's a friendly environment with a good break room but the work sucks.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Rude customers
welding is fun !
spot welder (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON27 September 2013
learned a lot had lots of fun, worked with great people, lots of free lunches, and overtime available.
Pros
great oppurtunities
Cons
lots of shift changes, hard to get used too
Great company that values each of their employees as an individual and gives people a great opportunity to get involved in a work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 September 2013
Servicing cable internet and phone.
I learned a lot about the cable industry and billing.
Management is usually there when you need them and are all hard workers.
If one can learn to always be respectful and calm with dealing an irate customer, then there isn't a hard part in the job.
Getting to talk to interesting customers or other associates can be the most enjoyable part of the job without a doubt.
Pros
Great hours and benefits. Excellent job for students who have just graduated.
Cons
As a full time worker; you don't get a lot of authority over your hours to start.
productive and fun loving
Customer Service Representative - Inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 August 2013
> listening to different types of calls everyday.
> finding solution to every problem calmly, politely and in a respectful manner
>management and co-workers were friendly and helping hands
>tackling with angry or frustrated customer
>different talks on every call.
Great Place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 July 2013
Transcom is an equal opportunity company that will reward performance. The people are excellent and the company is a lot of fun to work for.
F.F (Fun and Fast)
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 June 2013
Fantastic work place! Great co-workers who become friends quick! Allow you to set goals and strive to achieve them. Fast paced work place, but extremely enjoyable. Great benefits!
Nice place to work if they could keep the offices open.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON and Home Agent14 June 2013
After being laid off from the Chatham, ON office I was asked to come back as a Home Agent only to be laid off a second time. I love the supportive environment, the regular coaching feedbacks but it is frustrating knowing I turned down other jobs to come back as Home Agent only to be laid off again.
Pros
Very supportive co-workers, everyone works as a team to help out.
Cons
They keep closing offices.