Transcom Employee Reviews

Friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 October 2016
I worked overnights with a lot of really nice, friendly co-workers. I would get incoming calls about internet and cable problems. I learned how to make online payments for a company and how to troubleshoot tech problems. The hardest part of the job was the long hours without any physical activity. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of new people; in person as co-workers and on the phone with people from a different country.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours with no physical activity
Great place to work if you are female, not so much if you are male
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 October 2016
Very much enjoy the job itself, and try to stay out of office politics. Sad part is in the world we live in several men have been fired for inappropriate behaviour (if you know what I mean) without proof. Be careful who you are friendly with. All they have to do is go to HR, make a false claim against you and BAM, fired!
Pros
Full time with benefits
Cons
employess are not treated equally
customer service representitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON31 May 2016
The co-workers makes the day go by easier, and with the fast paced environment days go by fast. With the policies always changing makes the work more stressful. The repetitiveness comes really fast and will get boring and tedious. The caller are usually always angry as they are calling because there is an issue that needs to be resolved.
Pros
co-wrokers, days go by fast
Cons
policies always changing, repetitive, irate customers
fun, relaxed, organized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 November 2016
Enjoyed working here with many different people. Set at a cubical, had access to my own computer and headset and would take incoming calls and concerns on customers bills and services
good working environment with confortable work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 July 2016
As a customer service rep i learned a lot how to interact with the Canadian public and how to solve customer related problems for the company.
Pros
interaction
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Great employee morale, unprofessional management.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 July 2016
Terrible management, multiple fraud cases from management causing set backs on my career. Great employee morale boosting to encourage employees to stay.
Pros
Lots of employee morale boosting
Cons
Fraud cases with upper management
Average
Leadership Development Programme (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 July 2016
Need for strategic approach to human resource management. Agents take calls from Cable/Internet/Phone customers. Team Leads provide assistance when required. Coaches for areas of improvement subsequent to call review for Agents.
Never changing very unrewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 September 2016
same thing every day same people same problems the management was horrible and the upper management was even worse would not recommend to anyone
long days of numerous phone calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 July 2016
a typical day at work was showing up at 830 answering phones til lunch and leaving at 430, the management was strict and made the workers feel unimportant
Pros
comission
great job
Telemarketer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 November 2016
it was a great place to work they always made sure u knew the job that you were doing if i had a chance i would return in hopes that i could show that id be great
Productive and fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 February 2016
I really enjoyed the job experience at Transcom. The people that I worked for and with were very flexible and helpful. Trancsom also taught me how to deal with irrated customers and also helped me with conflict resolution.
Call Centre
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 April 2016
Open door Management, Typical call center work, Friendly staff, Open floor space, flexible hours....................
Great day to day job.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 October 2015
Friendly and clean environment, Knowledgeable management.
Enjoyed sharpening my sales skills and terminology. Best part of the job would be achieving quota and making some new friends along the way and learning from our experiences and growing as a team. No opportunity for commission for Cold selling.
Pros
Free coffee and workplace currency for snacks
Cons
No commission
Friendly workplace with many opportunities for career advancements
Full time customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 July 2015
I really enjoyed me experience with working with Transcom. The campaign I worked for was called BrightHouse, an American cable company. I took inbound calls for billing and technical support. Its a great job for working with customer service and gaining people skills. Theres almost 500 people who work at transcom so its really easy to make some great friends and everyone is really supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I learned how to be quick on my feet and finding the best solutions to most problems.
Pros
commission, desk job, friendly workplace
Cons
frustraited customers
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON12 August 2015
It was a pleasure talking to the inbound customers and providing them with the best service available to me. As your typical call center goes internal conflict and with a diverse group of colleagues you learn to adapt.
Pros
commisions
Cons
lack of growth within the company
Interesting Customer Support Role for internet/phone/cable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 December 2014
As an outsource company managing client problem calls for Comcast Telecom U.S services, it was interesting to serve in a support role assisting and resolving client issues to bring them back online and also provide opportunities for increased services. This 24/7 operation provided a flexible work schedule that suited my part-time needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2014
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
Pros
always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours
answering customers inquiries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 January 2014
I learned how to be patient with customers. The hardest part is to how to let the customer calm and convenience customers
with the answers .
I am friendly with my co-workers.
the most enjoyable part is to speak with different people with different minds.

the hardest part is to understand different accent of people and solve their problems.
i try to do my best to let my customer feel happy and satisfied.
Pros
indoor job. dental benefits and medical insurance.
Cons
sitting on the chair for a long time without calls is boring.
Repeative and boring at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 December 2013
Sign in and open dozens of programs to get set up, and sign on to the phones.
Answer calls from angry or stressed customers and try to calm them and solve the problem as fast and efficiently as possible, you have many "stats" to keep up with.
Long hours, but same shifts every week after training and are selected.
Opportunity for over time, and go home earlier.
Open 24/7, decently flexible.
Pros
No labour, face to face customer encounters.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes boring and stressful.
It was a great place to work, we had lots of fun
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 February 2013
I worked from home so once i signed on we had to sign into a chat room where our team would meet. We had fun entertaining each other in that chat room along with helped each other when we had difficulty with a program. I learned how to have patients with customers, defuse irate callers, multitasking skills and problems solving skills to fit the situation. Management was there to help us with any question and concerns. I loved my co-workers we all worked together to succeed. I enjoyed helping the customer and resolving there problems.
Pros
incentives, parties