Transcom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company that values each of their employees as an individual and gives people a great opportunity to get involved in a work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great hours and benefits. excellent job for students who have just graduated.
Cons: as a full time worker; you don't get a lot of authority over your hours to start.
Servicing cable internet and phone.
I learned a lot about the cable industry and billing.
Management is usually there when you need them and are all hard workers.
If one can learn to always be respectful and calm with dealing an irate customer, then there isn't a hard part in the job.
Getting to talk to interesting customers or other associates can be the most enjoyable part of the job without a doubt.
Exciting and ever changing work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: helping customers.
Cons: constant information flux.
At Transcom my job was to assist new and current customers with placing orders and servicing orders that had been placed. During my time there I learned how to proficiently operate several programs that helped me accommodate the customers needs. My team was very helpful, it seemed as if everyone around me was more than willing to assist if I was confused about anything. Helping to put on smile on someones face and knowing that I either successfully placed their order or resolved their issue in one call was probably my favorite part of the job. Though, the constant flux of information and polices changing on a daily basis was a little more than challenging, I managed to keep up.
Friendly workplace with many opportunities for career advancements
Full time customer service representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: commission, desk job, friendly workplace
Cons: frustraited customers
I really enjoyed me experience with working with Transcom. The campaign I worked for was called BrightHouse, an American cable company. I took inbound calls for billing and technical support. Its a great job for working with customer service and gaining people skills. Theres almost 500 people who work at transcom so its really easy to make some great friends and everyone is really supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I learned how to be quick on my feet and finding the best solutions to most problems.
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
It was a great place to work, we had lots of fun
CSR Agent (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: incentives, parties
Cons: long hours
I worked from home so once i signed on we had to sign into a chat room where our team would meet. We had fun entertaining each other in that chat room along with helped each other when we had difficulty with a program. I learned how to have patients with customers, defuse irate callers, multitasking skills and problems solving skills to fit the situation. Management was there to help us with any question and concerns. I loved my co-workers we all worked together to succeed. I enjoyed helping the customer and resolving there problems.
Repeative and boring at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: no labour, face to face customer encounters.
Cons: long hours, sometimes boring and stressful.
Sign in and open dozens of programs to get set up, and sign on to the phones.
Answer calls from angry or stressed customers and try to calm them and solve the problem as fast and efficiently as possible, you have many "stats" to keep up with.
Long hours, but same shifts every week after training and are selected.
Opportunity for over time, and go home earlier.
Open 24/7, decently flexible.
answering customers inquiries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: indoor job. dental benefits and medical insurance.
Cons: sitting on the chair for a long time without calls is boring.
I learned how to be patient with customers. The hardest part is to how to let the customer calm and convenience customers
with the answers .
I am friendly with my co-workers.
the most enjoyable part is to speak with different people with different minds.

the hardest part is to understand different accent of people and solve their problems.
i try to do my best to let my customer feel happy and satisfied.
management suck at dealing with anything
csr (Former Employee), OntarioOctober 10, 2012
Cons: disrespectful staff
They higher anyone off the street harassment through out the building benefits suck as everything has to be paid for up front yet you barly make enough money to live on over time was great till they changed it lots of drunks and drugs while at work and no privacy they have your Facebook stocked by a team of employees
Boring and Verbally Abusive Job
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee), Brockville, ONOctober 5, 2013
Pros: comission
Cons: rude customers
This job is ok I always get my 40 hours per week but it is very hard to get a day off or even to shift trade. The hours and long and the work is boring. Central Florida customers generally have a bad attitude and I get cursed at on a daily basis. The people who work there are good and it's a friendly environment with a good break room but the work sucks.
Nice place to work if they could keep the offices open.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ON and Home AgentJune 14, 2013
Pros: very supportive co-workers, everyone works as a team to help out.
Cons: they keep closing offices.
After being laid off from the Chatham, ON office I was asked to come back as a Home Agent only to be laid off a second time. I love the supportive environment, the regular coaching feedbacks but it is frustrating knowing I turned down other jobs to come back as Home Agent only to be laid off again.
My Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: lot of paper at the end of the day
My days at LW were so much fun before that store was open i was there i set that store up then stayed on after it was all my boss were grate the hardest part was being the warehouse manager and a CSR the best part was i got to play bingo right nest door on lunch and i made alot of good friends
Interesting Customer Support Role for internet/phone/cable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: minimum wage
As an outsource company managing client problem calls for Comcast Telecom U.S services, it was interesting to serve in a support role assisting and resolving client issues to bring them back online and also provide opportunities for increased services. This 24/7 operation provided a flexible work schedule that suited my part-time needs.
challenging and enjoyable job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: filtered water
Cons: rather cumbersome computer system, prone to crashes, tons of passwords
log in, get started helping customers. Stay immersed until breaktime.
Honed computer skills I spent very little time with co-workers. When my headset was on, I only used hold to get or give help.
Transcom was a great place to work, actually with table tennis access at lunch time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 19, 2014
A typical day at work was usually busy with a lot of calls.
I learned a lot.
Management was great and relaxed.
My co-workers were awesome.
The hardest part of the job was when products advertised were sold out.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having satisfied customers.
Call Centre technical support - great management
Customer Service Agent/ Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: management
Cons: salary benefits and raises
At Transcom, the Management has always played the best role in the company all over. I've learnt the best from the most professional trainers , how to be of assistance , make sales , which made the job all the more easier.
productive and fun environment to be
Customer Service (Former Employee), Montreal,queJanuary 12, 2014
typical day would be busy incoming calls of customers inquiring about there cable and billing . the work environment is very relaxing co workers are always willing to help each if there is a problem you can't solve on your own.
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brockville, ONAugust 12, 2015
Pros: commisions
Cons: lack of growth within the company
It was a pleasure talking to the inbound customers and providing them with the best service available to me. As your typical call center goes internal conflict and with a diverse group of colleagues you learn to adapt.
Call Centre
Customer Service (Former Employee), BarrieJuly 21, 2014
A typical day was answering calls from Clients questions and concerns. I learned how to troubleshoot productively. Management was not really around a lot. The hardest part of the job was the noise level. The most enjoyable was helping the elderly with their tv remotes.
productive and fun loving
Customer Service Representative - Inbound calls (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 18, 2013
> listening to different types of calls everyday.
> finding solution to every problem calmly, politely and in a respectful manner
>management and co-workers were friendly and helping hands
>tackling with angry or frustrated customer
>different talks on every call.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent/Technical (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 5, 2012
I loved coming to work every day to be surrounded by my friends and working at a job I loved. I also was a huge fan of our management and was never afraid to discuss my feelings about my job with them.