Transcom Employee Reviews

long days of numerous phone calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJuly 27, 2016
a typical day at work was showing up at 830 answering phones til lunch and leaving at 430, the management was strict and made the workers feel unimportant
Pros
comission
Cons
good working environment with confortable work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 21, 2016
As a customer service rep i learned a lot how to interact with the Canadian public and how to solve customer related problems for the company.
Pros
interaction
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Average
Leadership Development Programme (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 14, 2016
Need for strategic approach to human resource management. Agents take calls from Cable/Internet/Phone customers. Team Leads provide assistance when required. Coaches for areas of improvement subsequent to call review for Agents.
Great employee morale, unprofessional management.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 6, 2016
Terrible management, multiple fraud cases from management causing set backs on my career. Great employee morale boosting to encourage employees to stay.
Pros
Lots of employee morale boosting
Cons
Fraud cases with upper management
customer service representitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONMay 31, 2016
The co-workers makes the day go by easier, and with the fast paced environment days go by fast. With the policies always changing makes the work more stressful. The repetitiveness comes really fast and will get boring and tedious. The caller are usually always angry as they are calling because there is an issue that needs to be resolved.
Pros
co-wrokers, days go by fast
Cons
policies always changing, repetitive, irate customers
Call Centre
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 7, 2016
Open door Management, Typical call center work, Friendly staff, Open floor space, flexible hours....................
Productive and fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I really enjoyed the job experience at Transcom. The people that I worked for and with were very flexible and helpful. Trancsom also taught me how to deal with irrated customers and also helped me with conflict resolution.
Great day to day job.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 6, 2015
Friendly and clean environment, Knowledgeable management.
Enjoyed sharpening my sales skills and terminology. Best part of the job would be achieving quota and making some new friends along the way and learning from our experiences and growing as a team. No opportunity for commission for Cold selling.
Pros
Free coffee and workplace currency for snacks
Cons
No commission
good job for someone who needs one
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Transcom gives you great benefits and guaranteed 40 hours a week, they also have the best training team and get training.
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 12, 2015
It was a pleasure talking to the inbound customers and providing them with the best service available to me. As your typical call center goes internal conflict and with a diverse group of colleagues you learn to adapt.
Pros
commisions
Cons
lack of growth within the company
Friendly workplace with many opportunities for career advancements
Full time customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2015
I really enjoyed me experience with working with Transcom. The campaign I worked for was called BrightHouse, an American cable company. I took inbound calls for billing and technical support. Its a great job for working with customer service and gaining people skills. Theres almost 500 people who work at transcom so its really easy to make some great friends and everyone is really supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I learned how to be quick on my feet and finding the best solutions to most problems.
Pros
commission, desk job, friendly workplace
Cons
frustraited customers
counting
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2015
I was able to go to various settings such as grocery stores and warehouses and clothing stores. I was able to work with huge groups as well as with small committees. An interesting experience
csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 17, 2015
great place to work and have a great time make friends. lots of interesting things to learn and do. lots of great people tp talk to on the phone and in the office would ove to work there again and again
Good Organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 2, 2015
Working at Transcom helped to build my administrative skills; superior staff members were encouraging and always willing to help. The management also looked out for staff members' best interests.
Interesting Customer Support Role for internet/phone/cable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONDecember 14, 2014
As an outsource company managing client problem calls for Comcast Telecom U.S services, it was interesting to serve in a support role assisting and resolving client issues to bring them back online and also provide opportunities for increased services. This 24/7 operation provided a flexible work schedule that suited my part-time needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 21, 2014
Amazing company to work for. Have been working here for almost 2 years.
Again
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONSeptember 5, 2014
I already did a review for Transcom and I see no purpose in repeating myself.
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 7, 2014
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
Pros
always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours
Call Centre
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  BarrieJuly 21, 2014
A typical day was answering calls from Clients questions and concerns. I learned how to troubleshoot productively. Management was not really around a lot. The hardest part of the job was the noise level. The most enjoyable was helping the elderly with their tv remotes.
Exciting and ever changing work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 29, 2014
At Transcom my job was to assist new and current customers with placing orders and servicing orders that had been placed. During my time there I learned how to proficiently operate several programs that helped me accommodate the customers needs. My team was very helpful, it seemed as if everyone around me was more than willing to assist if I was confused about anything. Helping to put on smile on someones face and knowing that I either successfully placed their order or resolved their issue in one call was probably my favorite part of the job. Though, the constant flux of information and polices changing on a daily basis was a little more than challenging, I managed to keep up.
Pros
helping customers.
Cons
constant information flux.