Transcom Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are female, not so much if you are male
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 October 2016
Very much enjoy the job itself, and try to stay out of office politics. Sad part is in the world we live in several men have been fired for inappropriate behaviour (if you know what I mean) without proof. Be careful who you are friendly with. All they have to do is go to HR, make a false claim against you and BAM, fired!
Pros
Full time with benefits
Cons
employess are not treated equally
Transcom
Sales and account changes (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 December 2016
This is a call center job they have a no hangup policy they do shift-bids so you will be stuck with your hours for 3-6 months there are little to no incentives and little to no room for advancement the management in my opinion severely lacks in ability and consistency
it is hourly pay and they do offer some health benefits.
Cons
management, hours, pay
Friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 October 2016
I worked overnights with a lot of really nice, friendly co-workers. I would get incoming calls about internet and cable problems. I learned how to make online payments for a company and how to troubleshoot tech problems. The hardest part of the job was the long hours without any physical activity. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of new people; in person as co-workers and on the phone with people from a different country.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours with no physical activity
Awful
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 December 2016
I have been working at Transcom for a few months now, and it has been the worst work experience I have ever had. The training is terrible, they don't teach you anything. The management is so poorly done. People get fired every day and they quit every day because it is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Awful workplace
long days of numerous phone calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 July 2016
a typical day at work was showing up at 830 answering phones til lunch and leaving at 430, the management was strict and made the workers feel unimportant
Pros
comission
Cons
Great employee morale, unprofessional management.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 July 2016
Terrible management, multiple fraud cases from management causing set backs on my career. Great employee morale boosting to encourage employees to stay.
Pros
Lots of employee morale boosting
Cons
Fraud cases with upper management
Bad place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Working at Transcom was a total nightmare. The training was ridiculous because there was no hands on training. They allowed behavior that should have not be tolerated what so ever. Very limited support once out of training, and the evaluation process is unnecessarily intense. Also, the lunch room is disgusting.
Never changing very unrewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 September 2016
same thing every day same people same problems the management was horrible and the upper management was even worse would not recommend to anyone
Transcom 101
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 February 2017
Where do I begin...? Let me start off by letting you know that many of the people who work here are great!!! They really do try and genuinely care for their fellow colleagues. As a sales specialest, I can attest to the fact that like many others on here, my experience has been far less than stellar. When I first started off, training was fun, informative and lead by someone more than capable of doing the job... not just doing it but excelling at and enjoying it! It all went down hill from there. This company has a massive management problem and the entire management structure needs to be completely reformed from the top down. The miscommunication in this place between colleagues is simply ludicrous! Everyone at Transcom is forced to use their system that has never worked and likely never will. They threaten disciplinary action if you don't use Google Chrome (a browser in which their system is usable) and demand you use Internet Explorer (where the system constantly errors out while in use) you'll be there on the phone with a customer and the system will freeze and error out and they literally tell you to say "we're experiencing an unexpected update" to the customer... ya... great customer service :) . (Ps. Pressing refresh doesn't solve the problem, if it did, it wouldn't reappear within 3 more clicks ;) They claim to be trying to fix the problem when anyone brings it up but let's be real, it's not happening. This is partly at the fault of the money they waste on junk food prizes that could go directly to hiring better people to fix their faulty systems. You have team leads  more... yelling at you not to do things a certain way but of course they haven't sat down for any length of time long enough to realize that the way they are making their employees do things are incredibly inefficient and nonsensical (I know the team leads and floor supports are afraid to tell the higher ups when there is a problem... which constantly creates... well... PROBLEMS!). If you have any issues with your schedule in Empower being messed up by these people not knowing anything (and BELIEVE ME, you will have plenty) let me just say, good luck. It will never get resolved unless you go straight to HR and then they complain that you went to HR.... hmmmmmmmm.... make sense? Another massive issue here (touched on in another review) are the oversensitive social justice warriors who are scared of any opinion but their own and will report anyone to HR if their frail little opinions cross with an opposing one. Long story short, all of the problems at this place (and they are oh so numerous) are always "solved" by band-aid solutions that quickly fail and consistently ensure the chaos, miscommunication and mismanagement that is Transcom. I'll leave you with a tough question they're desperately trying to figure out... "Why is the employee turnover rate so high here?" hmmmmmm..... think long and hard about that one, and here's a hint, the answer does not include constantly hiring massive waves of new employees that dwindle down to a small few after they discover the mess of Transcom but rather, actually solving the problems that cause employees to detest working here in the first place :)  less
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management, miscommunication, prioritization
Highly Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 December 2016
Transcom's client was not a very good company and because of this their customers were highly disappointed with quality of service they were getting and customer support representatives had to suffer their anger and concerns.
Average
Leadership Development Programme (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 July 2016
Need for strategic approach to human resource management. Agents take calls from Cable/Internet/Phone customers. Team Leads provide assistance when required. Coaches for areas of improvement subsequent to call review for Agents.
they closed
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 January 2017
they closed the office and screwed over everyone. When I was on sick leave they said I quit, which meant I couldn't get IE at all
fun, relaxed, organized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 November 2016
Enjoyed working here with many different people. Set at a cubical, had access to my own computer and headset and would take incoming calls and concerns on customers bills and services
transcome again?
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2016
already reviewed transcom I am not sure why it is asking me to do it again. But I will reiterate that it is a great place to work for sure!
Pros
free food
Cons
back to back calls
great job
Telemarketer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 November 2016
it was a great place to work they always made sure u knew the job that you were doing if i had a chance i would return in hopes that i could show that id be great
customer service representitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON31 May 2016
The co-workers makes the day go by easier, and with the fast paced environment days go by fast. With the policies always changing makes the work more stressful. The repetitiveness comes really fast and will get boring and tedious. The caller are usually always angry as they are calling because there is an issue that needs to be resolved.
Pros
co-wrokers, days go by fast
Cons
policies always changing, repetitive, irate customers
good working environment with confortable work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 July 2016
As a customer service rep i learned a lot how to interact with the Canadian public and how to solve customer related problems for the company.
Pros
interaction
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Great company that values each of their employees as an individual and gives people a great opportunity to get involved in a work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 September 2013
Servicing cable internet and phone.
I learned a lot about the cable industry and billing.
Management is usually there when you need them and are all hard workers.
If one can learn to always be respectful and calm with dealing an irate customer, then there isn't a hard part in the job.
Getting to talk to interesting customers or other associates can be the most enjoyable part of the job without a doubt.
Pros
Great hours and benefits. Excellent job for students who have just graduated.
Cons
As a full time worker; you don't get a lot of authority over your hours to start.
Call Centre
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 April 2016
Open door Management, Typical call center work, Friendly staff, Open floor space, flexible hours....................
It was a great place to work, we had lots of fun
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 February 2013
I worked from home so once i signed on we had to sign into a chat room where our team would meet. We had fun entertaining each other in that chat room along with helped each other when we had difficulty with a program. I learned how to have patients with customers, defuse irate callers, multitasking skills and problems solving skills to fit the situation. Management was there to help us with any question and concerns. I loved my co-workers we all worked together to succeed. I enjoyed helping the customer and resolving there problems.
Pros
incentives, parties
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.