Transcom Employee Reviews in Canada

Great day to day job.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 6, 2015
Friendly and clean environment, Knowledgeable management.
Enjoyed sharpening my sales skills and terminology. Best part of the job would be achieving quota and making some new friends along the way and learning from our experiences and growing as a team. No opportunity for commission for Cold selling.
Pros
Free coffee and workplace currency for snacks
Cons
No commission
Productive and fun place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I really enjoyed the job experience at Transcom. The people that I worked for and with were very flexible and helpful. Trancsom also taught me how to deal with irrated customers and also helped me with conflict resolution.
Call Centre
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 7, 2016
Open door Management, Typical call center work, Friendly staff, Open floor space, flexible hours....................
good job for someone who needs one
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Transcom gives you great benefits and guaranteed 40 hours a week, they also have the best training team and get training.
Friendly workplace with many opportunities for career advancements
Full time customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2015
I really enjoyed me experience with working with Transcom. The campaign I worked for was called BrightHouse, an American cable company. I took inbound calls for billing and technical support. Its a great job for working with customer service and gaining people skills. Theres almost 500 people who work at transcom so its really easy to make some great friends and everyone is really supportive and helpful. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I learned how to be quick on my feet and finding the best solutions to most problems.
Pros
commission, desk job, friendly workplace
Cons
frustraited customers
Great company that values each of their employees as an individual and gives people a great opportunity to get involved in a work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Servicing cable internet and phone.
I learned a lot about the cable industry and billing.
Management is usually there when you need them and are all hard workers.
If one can learn to always be respectful and calm with dealing an irate customer, then there isn't a hard part in the job.
Getting to talk to interesting customers or other associates can be the most enjoyable part of the job without a doubt.
Pros
great hours and benefits. excellent job for students who have just graduated.
Cons
as a full time worker; you don't get a lot of authority over your hours to start.
It was a great place to work, we had lots of fun
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 2, 2013
I worked from home so once i signed on we had to sign into a chat room where our team would meet. We had fun entertaining each other in that chat room along with helped each other when we had difficulty with a program. I learned how to have patients with customers, defuse irate callers, multitasking skills and problems solving skills to fit the situation. Management was there to help us with any question and concerns. I loved my co-workers we all worked together to succeed. I enjoyed helping the customer and resolving there problems.
Pros
incentives, parties
Call Centre technical support - great management
Customer Service Agent/ Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 22, 2012
At Transcom, the Management has always played the best role in the company all over. I've learnt the best from the most professional trainers , how to be of assistance , make sales , which made the job all the more easier.
Pros
management
Cons
salary benefits and raises
Work Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 12, 2015
It was a pleasure talking to the inbound customers and providing them with the best service available to me. As your typical call center goes internal conflict and with a diverse group of colleagues you learn to adapt.
Pros
commisions
Cons
lack of growth within the company
Good Organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 2, 2015
Working at Transcom helped to build my administrative skills; superior staff members were encouraging and always willing to help. The management also looked out for staff members' best interests.
counting
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2015
I was able to go to various settings such as grocery stores and warehouses and clothing stores. I was able to work with huge groups as well as with small committees. An interesting experience
answering customers inquiries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 30, 2014
I learned how to be patient with customers. The hardest part is to how to let the customer calm and convenience customers
with the answers .
I am friendly with my co-workers.
the most enjoyable part is to speak with different people with different minds.

the hardest part is to understand different accent of people and solve their problems.
i try to do my best to let my customer feel happy and satisfied.
Pros
indoor job. dental benefits and medical insurance.
Cons
sitting on the chair for a long time without calls is boring.
Repeative and boring at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 3, 2013
Sign in and open dozens of programs to get set up, and sign on to the phones.
Answer calls from angry or stressed customers and try to calm them and solve the problem as fast and efficiently as possible, you have many "stats" to keep up with.
Long hours, but same shifts every week after training and are selected.
Opportunity for over time, and go home earlier.
Open 24/7, decently flexible.
Pros
no labour, face to face customer encounters.
Cons
long hours, sometimes boring and stressful.
Transcom was a great place to work, actually with table tennis access at lunch time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJune 19, 2014
A typical day at work was usually busy with a lot of calls.
I learned a lot.
Management was great and relaxed.
My co-workers were awesome.
The hardest part of the job was when products advertised were sold out.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having satisfied customers.
management suck at dealing with anything
csr (Former Employee) –  OntarioOctober 10, 2012
They higher anyone off the street harassment through out the building benefits suck as everything has to be paid for up front yet you barly make enough money to live on over time was great till they changed it lots of drunks and drugs while at work and no privacy they have your Facebook stocked by a team of employees
Cons
disrespectful staff
Call Centre
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  BarrieJuly 21, 2014
A typical day was answering calls from Clients questions and concerns. I learned how to troubleshoot productively. Management was not really around a lot. The hardest part of the job was the noise level. The most enjoyable was helping the elderly with their tv remotes.
productive and fun loving
Customer Service Representative - Inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 18, 2013
> listening to different types of calls everyday.
> finding solution to every problem calmly, politely and in a respectful manner
>management and co-workers were friendly and helping hands
>tackling with angry or frustrated customer
>different talks on every call.
Exciting and ever changing work environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 29, 2014
At Transcom my job was to assist new and current customers with placing orders and servicing orders that had been placed. During my time there I learned how to proficiently operate several programs that helped me accommodate the customers needs. My team was very helpful, it seemed as if everyone around me was more than willing to assist if I was confused about anything. Helping to put on smile on someones face and knowing that I either successfully placed their order or resolved their issue in one call was probably my favorite part of the job. Though, the constant flux of information and polices changing on a daily basis was a little more than challenging, I managed to keep up.
Pros
helping customers.
Cons
constant information flux.
csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 17, 2015
great place to work and have a great time make friends. lots of interesting things to learn and do. lots of great people tp talk to on the phone and in the office would ove to work there again and again
A day at Transcom
customer care, sales, technical support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 7, 2014
I had a good experience working at transcom. a typical day would beto come in early sit atanycomputer you want log in and start getting calls. The magement was great when in need of help they would help inany way they could. My coworkers were fun to be around, most of them were my friends so they always kept me intertained. the hardest part of the job was when we had costomers that all they wanted to do was complain andwould yell. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a great envirment , to be with friends.
Pros
always doing foundraising for great causes, god pay great hours