Transcom Employee Reviews

Terrible, Unfair, Unknowledgable company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON17 July 2017
I worked there for six years, and each year there were issues with training, pays, hours and schedules. Now don't get me wrong, some people are changing the company for the better. They're on top of their attendance I hear, and they just let go of a few that weren't exceeding expectations. HOW EVER, the Brockville office rarely gave free lunches as the Barrie office does. This office was ran by a man who ended up not doing so much for the company because he would take the money! Now they have a new French Female BM who is changing things, but even she takes advantages of the employees and money. She doesn't care about anyone but herself.
I requested to go back after exiting properly and only been gone a couple weeks to a month - They rejected my application, and said I wasn't the right fit for the job. How was I not being the top 5 in the call center with the highest FCR, AHT, Etc. I lead my team every week. Transcom doesn't deserve good people and their time and worth. Doesn't look like they need it anyways, when it looks like they're closing the office and that I'm sure will happen by end of next year, if not this year.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management, Recruiting, Breaks, Coworker, Clients, Pay(after deductions), Everything
Blame and Shame
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
Stay away from this company!! I wish I could write on this but I'm being blocked from using all the truthful words to describe this company..Stay away
Pros
Nothing good about this Company!!
Cons
Unethical, blame and shame you, they fire you if you go to Whistleblower or HR to report management, bullying and harrassement of employees is encouraged, discrimination, favoritism, nepotism, prejudice thats what leaders do
Energetic work place
Universal Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 July 2017
Was an excellent place to work for never had any complaints i would recommend it to any one who is interested in call centre work as it is a very positive place to work
Worst place ever
Billing Agent (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 June 2017
I worked here for almost a year.If you want low next to minimum wage pay to get yelled at by customers who management defends and tells you to take it then by all means apply here. However Transcom is going under I have been told by management and is losing its clientele, layoffs have begun and if you ever do get hired for some campaign here your job is NOT secure, beware.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
low pay, incompetent management, no job security
Nice working environment
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON8 June 2017
Nice place to work, excellent working team , potlunch, extra co-curricular activities fun place to work less projects to work , but great learning scope.
productive work place
Senior Help desk Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 June 2017
it was a great place to work close nit family type atmosphere I would probably still working there if they had not moved off shore to manila

excellent employee and employer atmosphere , everyone happy hours, you get to chose extra shifts if you like they are more impressed with a can do attitude rather OMG another job
Not a positive work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 April 2017
You come in an log into the phone and computer and you take calls and help the customers. The draw back is that you are expected to take the abuse from the customer and it can be very bad at times. They do put more work and expectations on you with out the pay. There are no raises no bonus. Some of the supervisors are supportive and work for their team members. You are expected to work all holidays no exceptions.
Pros
get a few free lunces a year
Cons
the represive negitive work enviroment
Fast paced work environment
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 April 2017
It was an inbound call centre which is a fast paced working environment. It was a centre for a cable company so I answered a lot of concerns about the service customers were receiving. Also answered emails and dealt with financial accounts.
Pros
Working with a variety of customers
Cons
Night shifts
It was a good job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON25 March 2017
They expect you too be off the phones fast and wrap up any issues quicker than one can do it but that's about it. Every thing else was great people were great and the odd time you would get a angry customer but were do you not right.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Time limit per call
Educational and fun work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 March 2017
Respectful co-workers and management taught me how to fix a cable box when it was malfunctioning. I was able to determine best practices when dealing with the public, by communicating with multiple customers a day.
Pros
There was the occasional free lunch day
Cons
Repetitive and confining
no fun place at work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 March 2017
not bad , less pay , nothing new to learn hardest part of job so many calls . less clients to work with , had fun time at work had buddy's had pot lock dinners less benefits
Pros
We have team lunches, Potlocks
Cons
had regular long calls experience, not bad
Best place to work here
Customer Service Representative (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 February 2017
.I was working as a full-time agent, It has good working environment with great people, My co-op work experience was great.
Transcom 101
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 February 2017
Where do I begin...? Let me start off by letting you know that many of the people who work here are great!!! They really do try and genuinely care for their fellow colleagues. As a sales specialest, I can attest to the fact that like many others on here, my experience has been far less than stellar. When I first started off, training was fun, informative and lead by someone more than capable of doing the job... not just doing it but excelling at and enjoying it! It all went down hill from there. This company has a massive management problem and the entire management structure needs to be completely reformed from the top down. The miscommunication in this place between colleagues is simply ludicrous! Everyone at Transcom is forced to use their system that has never worked and likely never will. They threaten disciplinary action if you don't use Google Chrome (a browser in which their system is usable) and demand you use Internet Explorer (where the system constantly errors out while in use) you'll be there on the phone with a customer and the system will freeze and error out and they literally tell you to say "we're experiencing an unexpected update" to the customer... ya... great customer service :) . (Ps. Pressing refresh doesn't solve the problem, if it did, it wouldn't reappear within 3 more clicks ;) They claim to be trying to fix the problem when anyone brings it up but let's be real, it's not happening. This is partly at the fault of the money they waste on junk food prizes that could go directly to hiring better people to fix their faulty systems. You have team leads  more... yelling at you not to do things a certain way but of course they haven't sat down for any length of time long enough to realize that the way they are making their employees do things are incredibly inefficient and nonsensical (I know the team leads and floor supports are afraid to tell the higher ups when there is a problem... which constantly creates... well... PROBLEMS!). If you have any issues with your schedule in Empower being messed up by these people not knowing anything (and BELIEVE ME, you will have plenty) let me just say, good luck. It will never get resolved unless you go straight to HR and then they complain that you went to HR.... hmmmmmmmm.... make sense? Another massive issue here (touched on in another review) are the oversensitive social justice warriors who are scared of any opinion but their own and will report anyone to HR if their frail little opinions cross with an opposing one. Long story short, all of the problems at this place (and they are oh so numerous) are always "solved" by band-aid solutions that quickly fail and consistently ensure the chaos, miscommunication and mismanagement that is Transcom. I'll leave you with a tough question they're desperately trying to figure out... "Why is the employee turnover rate so high here?" hmmmmmm..... think long and hard about that one, and here's a hint, the answer does not include constantly hiring massive waves of new employees that dwindle down to a small few after they discover the mess of Transcom but rather, actually solving the problems that cause employees to detest working here in the first place :)  less
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management, miscommunication, prioritization
Bad place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Working at Transcom was a total nightmare. The training was ridiculous because there was no hands on training. They allowed behavior that should have not be tolerated what so ever. Very limited support once out of training, and the evaluation process is unnecessarily intense. Also, the lunch room is disgusting.
they closed
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 January 2017
they closed the office and screwed over everyone. When I was on sick leave they said I quit, which meant I couldn't get IE at all
Awful
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 December 2016
I have been working at Transcom for a few months now, and it has been the worst work experience I have ever had. The training is terrible, they don't teach you anything. The management is so poorly done. People get fired every day and they quit every day because it is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Awful workplace
Highly Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 December 2016
Transcom's client was not a very good company and because of this their customers were highly disappointed with quality of service they were getting and customer support representatives had to suffer their anger and concerns.
Transcom
Sales and account changes (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 December 2016
This is a call center job they have a no hangup policy they do shift-bids so you will be stuck with your hours for 3-6 months there are little to no incentives and little to no room for advancement the management in my opinion severely lacks in ability and consistency
it is hourly pay and they do offer some health benefits.
Cons
management, hours, pay
transcome again?
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2016
already reviewed transcom I am not sure why it is asking me to do it again. But I will reiterate that it is a great place to work for sure!
Pros
free food
Cons
back to back calls
fun, relaxed, organized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 November 2016
Enjoyed working here with many different people. Set at a cubical, had access to my own computer and headset and would take incoming calls and concerns on customers bills and services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.