TransCanada Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work with opportunities for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2017
In the time I worked at TransCanada, I had the opportunity to move and upgrade to several positions which enhanced my ability to learn new skills, work in different departments and become knowledgeable of the company as a whole; I like to experience new roles and I work well under pressure hence TransCanada was a good fit for me.
Pros
lots of working lunches, flex days, offe site team building
Cons
in a busy downtown location with expensive parking
Great place to work at
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2017
Great place to get started on a sales career. Great management and helpful associates help you succeed in every way possible. Everyone's there to help you succeed.
Excellent Internship Learning experience
Canadian Gas Operations Intern Co-op (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Worked at transCanada for 16 months for an engineering internship in the program planning department. Team was very focussed on teaching and allowing me to experience as much as possible within the corporation.
Great company
Manager Project Information Management (Employee) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
Unfortunately pipelines are not popular at the present time due to an uneducated belief that they are an environmental hazard and are unsafe. This was a great company to work for and I'd still be there but for the down turn in fuel prices and the anti-pipeline protests that slowed, and in some cases caused the cancellation of projects.

However I believe that pipelines are the safest mode of transportation for liquid fossil fuels. It is a complex system and requires dedication and educated employees to succeed.

Working hours are standard, overtime is not mandatory, safety is a priority. People are friendly and helpful.
helpful staff on all levels
Mechanical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grassland, AB18 September 2017
Answers to all questions. Family setting. Very helpful and supportive.
The CM sets the attitude on site. Our CM was very clear on direction, very helpful on having the right people on site to be available for each other and for the contractor.
Pros
Moral was high
Cons
New guy in town. last in line for re hire
Educational and good working initiative to work with Aboriginals
Aboriginal Construction Participant Program (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
good paying job but only short term; working with Aboriginal communities is a good initiative to building good working relationships but should long term
Pros
a good smart coordinator
Cons
driving 200 kms per day exhausting
Overview
Director Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
A good place to work with a great group of people. The company is undergoing lots of change unfortunately there aren't lots of opportunities to grow. I hope this changes.
Great place to work at
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
The company has a great culture. The company shows that it cares about its employees. Great leaders and a great portfolio of projects. Definitely recommended.
Pros
Cons
Uncertain times in our industry... not a con against the company
Great Place to learn and grow
Indigenous Relations Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
TransCanada really know how to take care of their summer students like they were already employees of a great company. It has been a pleasure experiencing the corporate industry.
Productive and nice workplace
Contracts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
At TransCanada the work place is focused on work but people a super nice to work with.
My work is interesting I have learned about compliance for a transportation company.
Toxic
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
They treat you like cattle. You are only a number. The HR team is toxic and very nepotistic. Golden Handcuffs are the norm. Incompetant bum kissers get promoted and hard working employees get fired constantly. This is a bad place to work.
Excellent Management Team and Safety Culture
Senior Safety Inspector-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft MacMurray24 July 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working with this group from the projects.
A typical day at work is one that rarely feels out of control. Everyone within the group tends to communicate and include quickly to find solutions to the day to day issues that come up.
The only hard part bout the job is being away from the family. Working away can take its toll. The schedule to be away can go a bit long.
My most enjoyable part is the people I work with. There's always a lot of laughs and support when you really need it.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
long hours and long shifts away from the family
It was a productive and collaborative environment with a great work/life balance
Senior Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Until just before my exit, a typical day at work was exciting despite the workload - team work, trainings and open-door management. But now don't know
Pros
Training & development
Cons
Heavy workload
Productive workspace
Senior GIS Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
I worked 2 weeks sprints of Agile methodology and every day scrum, which are helped to work various technologies. I really enjoyed work with Transcanada.
soso
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2017
its okay over worked and under paid, management non committal, no comments and no encouragement from management at all. Staff grossly over worked, no relief in sight
Information Analyst
Information Analyst/Major Projects (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
Daily large volume upload of project information to EDMS, P8 and iRIMS from Share Point and shared drives according to regulated retention standards and procedures.

Managing of document control and hard copy filing, archiving and electronic information updating
stable company with good compensation
Sr Manager Supplier Mgmt, Diversity & inclusion (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2017
Lots of opportunity in a North American company. Stable with a good reputation. A changing workplace culture creating many opportunities. Good development programs.
A Good Company
Senior Stratigic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2017
The company policy is great, however the management in Supply chain is lacking experience. I have been working for many companies and this is the first time to see all department managers having zero supply chain experience. That caused a lot of issues to seniors staff as they always have to deal with wrong management decisions. When things goes bad managers are so good on plaming staff and not welling to take responsibility. My biggest challenge is career progression, there are very slim chance for experienced staff to become managers. Really depresing work environment. My other friends in other department are more happy. Hope Company VPs will pick directors and managers based on their Scm experience and performance not personal preferences.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
No career progression and poisend work environment
Good place for the steady ploders
Manager, Technical Centre & Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
TransCanada unfortunately is not as innovative as it should be and mid-management is handicapped by not having strong upper management strategy/support. A persistent culture of decision making by collaboration stifles innovation which only reinforces the status quo.
Pros
Good salaries and work\life job balance
Cons
Constant change, decision making by collaboration, unwillingness to make appropriate operational step changes to align with industry best practices
Fantastic company to work with
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Canada28 April 2017
LEED certified building, Ergo conscious cubicles, very good facilities, top notch people. Great working experience as a contractor .

Company has a very good system in place for Incident Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransCanada. Our community is ready to answer.