Transamerica Life & Protection Employee Reviews

Transamerica is a excellent Life Insurance Company
National Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2015
I was employed at Transamerica Life and Protection (TL&P) for 15 years working my way up from an Internal Sales Director for Annuities to a National Sales Director/ VP of National Sales working with over 400 independent Life Insurance Sales offices across the country. I deepened my knowledge of Life Insurance as well as how to service the client's needs. I left Transamerica to work more on a local basis in Southern California.
Pros
Company, People and Sales tools and support
Cons
Lack of communication and Furture Focus
Transamerica Employee (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaAugust 25, 2015
Fun, many advancement opportunities, good benefits! Many products offered, fun events hosted, great training department.
faced paced call center answering 50-60 calls per day
Agent/Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
great environment
good moral
giving policy information; status taking payments, processing loans by phone under $1200.00
providing agents with policy status; pending requiremnts
Fun work environment with good
Part time Associate Life Insurance Agent-0K07209 (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 17, 2015
Calling warm market candidates to set up as clients or recruits as members
Prospect clients or recruits through networking events, internet, or being in the field
Great events several times a year
Ability to travel to many places around the world and because its a business trip massive tax write offs
Pros
fun enjoyable, freedom of time, ability to work part time by leverage team members, able to build my own business, ability to be an entrepreneur
Cons
no benefits, easily lose team members, tough work, no salary, commission based only
Non productive workplace
Premium Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 23, 2015
The worst place to work. Treated horribly by management, HR and coworkers. Stay away. No matter how wrong you are treated by management, you do not have anyone you can count on to be supportive. Human resource will always make you feel as if you are the problem. The hotline is a joke!
Pros
lunch room personnel
Cons
being employed
Continuous Change and Transformation
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Transamerica L&P is in a continuous flux of change - trying to transform a conglomeration of multiple acquired companies merged and re-merged over the past 15+ years with diverse competencies, and attempting to homogenizing into one big company. Great people in the organization that have become pros at change and evolution.
Pros
the people.
Cons
bureaucracy
New Business processor
Processing Associate in New Business (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 10, 2014
Processed life insurance policies through data entry

Was on a pilot program for out sourcing employees in different locations due to the home office being located in Cedar Rapids, IA
Good Place to work until Outsourcing started
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano,TxJune 8, 2014
Culture is changing
SME's no longer being utilized
Speed vs Quality is expected
Transamerica Life & Protection Insurance Co.
Agent/ Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2014
Working for Transamerica for 7yrs has given me the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. I have also learned and have become very knowledgeable with Microsoft Applications
No Job Security
New Business Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 5, 2014
I have been a temporary contract employee for 10 months. Although it is getting very busy and the job load is picking up, I don't feel secure in this company. I have asked managment several times for permanent opportunities, but I always get the run around. They hire from within and when there are open slots available. I have seen about 5-6 training classes come in and out since i've been there and no one, from my training class and beyond have been hired on. I've asked to be cross trained as well as for overtime. Those do not even help me get hired. More work for me, and no extra compensation. Disappointed.
Pros
lots of ot
Cons
still a temporary employee after a year
Outstanding managment in current department. Professional growth is highly encuraged
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 16, 2013
Co-workers are top-notch. Management truly wants you to succeed.
Productive and active all at once
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2013
Great job and great location. I really appreciate the opportunity that i was given to be here.
Poor communication across the organization.
Processor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 26, 2012
The organization lacks in the area of employee developement. With management off-site for many employees, it is impossible to develope a rapport with management as their focus is tied to their home location, although they are responsible for other work sites. Communication suffers greatly.
Pros
n/a
Cons
poor hr employee representation
Nice company
Bilingual Insurance License Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 9, 2012
Good team work, striving to exceed client expectation every day, need to use problem solving technique, creative selling.
I learned to be patient
I like my manager management style. She delegates to everyone and trusts that you can get the work done.
I work in a great team. We are very tight, we share foods, dreams; go out together, it’s a little family.
Hardest part of the job, being plugged to an office headset
Most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers they are my friends.
Terrible place to work in most departments
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 20, 2012
Most departments are spread so thin that there are no longer any subject matter experts.
Pros
beautifully kept atrium
Cons
constant re-orgs and lay-offs
Mid paced and rewarding company.
Credit Premium Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2012
I am an Accounts Receivable Analyst. I process incoming client/account payments at an account level. I have two wonderful co-workers in my department whom I rely on to bounce questions off. My Supervisor is a very friendly, hardworking person. Hard to talk to because she is overwhelmed because our Manager is located in another site/state. The hardest part of my day is trying to stay on top of all the emails being sent to me regarding account payments and questions while trying to get the work completed. The most enjoyable part of my day is the satisfaction of a completed day with little to no mistakes.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
health care

2.6