TransAlta Corporation Employee Review

View all TransAlta Corporation reviews

I liked the job, but rotating 12 hour shifts were taking a toll on work life balance.
Steam Plant Mechanic/Plant Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WA13 April 2014
I worked 12 hour shifts troubleshooting,and repairing all power plant equipment. Every day was a chance to learn something new. The plant is getting ready to shut down as per an agreement with Wa. state. This has caused a tension in the workplace. I have always got along with both management, and my co-workers.
The hardest part of this job was the rotating shift, and the fact that I was the least senior mechanic, and could be let go at anytime.
The best part of this job was the chance to learn something new each day ( and I just really enjoy finding solutions to mechanical problems.)
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Uncertainty of job security.

Other TransAlta Corporation Employee Reviews

excellent work environment
Janitorial Services -Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2017
good people to work with
disciplined atmosphere
very safety disciplined
hardest part of job is carrying heavy recycle products
most enjoyable is working with my team
Pros
excellent benifits
Cons
risky drive in winter
Co-workers were great
Seasonal Labourer (Former Employee) –  Duffield, AB16 November 2017
The staff of trans alta are friendly safety oriented and considerate. My old general forman treated me poorly when I injured myself however. Good job to start your life on though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAlta Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5