Transtank is a global manufacturer and markets a comprehensive range of portable double-walled fuel storage tanks, lubricant storage tanks and fueling equipment worldwide. With local expertise - backed by global technical resources Transtank offers a total fuel equipment solution from the manufacture of tanks, fuel dispensing equipment & systems through to assisting with site set up and site installation.
Transtank Canada Inc. is looking for a reliable and hard working candidate to fill the position of Operations Foreman/Manager.
Location: SE Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the General Manager, the operations manager will support and manage the day to day operations and production facility.
The operations manager:
- has the overall responsibility of ensuring the comfort and safety of all employees and visitors involved in the daily activities relating to the operation
- leads a small team of technical, operational, and administrative staff to deliver exceptional customer service
- responsible for the financial management, operating costs, and legislative compliance (including Occupational Health & Safety) of the unit
- Ensures adherence to OHS Federal and provincial acts, regulations and codes and ensures Safety is integrated into all aspects of works and to promote and foster a continuing safety culture
- Aligns operations with annual objectives, initiatives and policies while providing strategic direction and leadership
- Cultivates a culture focused on continuous improvement, cost containment, service consistency and performance excellence
- Supervises the team recruiting, providing coaching and direction, establishing goals, determining priorities, authorizing training, and evaluating performance
- Ensures adherence to established company best practices, policies and procedures.
- Ensures optimization of the employee resources and aligns these resources to be best optimized
- Responsible for the delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)as per contract requirements
- Willingness to travel when required
- Minimum 4 yrs of operational management, manufacturing production experience
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Office applications
Must have expertise in the following areas:
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills, including a high level of tact and diplomacy
- Directing, planning developing and implementing strategic and operational plans; service delivery and monitoring frameworks; policies and strategic direction
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary teams and working groups, with demonstrated experience in team leadership and development
- Monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of strategies, services, strategic issues and initiatives; developing and implementing new or modified project policies, strategic directions and service delivery models
- Sound financial and business acumen
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Indeed - 15 months ago