Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc. (TNPI) is a refined petroleum products pipeline system which connects refineries with distribution terminals in the Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto markets, as well as operating in the Edmonton to Calgary corridor.
TNPI is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to work in the Richmond Hill Head Office to provide planning and performance support to ensure the safe and efficient operation of TNPI facilities.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Commerce with 5-years of relevant experience in a comparable financial analysis and project management support role.
- Sound knowledge of general business processes, especially planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in managing data to determine solutions to unique problems or opportunities.
- Proficient computer skills, in particular creating and managing Excel workbooks and Power Point presentations.
- Well developed analytical, problem solving, communications and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of ethics and adherence to code of conduct performance standards.
- Regulated industry work experience.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budgets and analyze variances.
- Develop and prepare Regulatory Tariff Applications.
- Conduct key performance analysis and reporting.
- Create financial pro-forma statements for the Board of Directors, and analyze projections of profit, expense, cash and rates of return.
- Facilitate the decision making process by developing, building and maintaining various detailed financial and planning models.
- Design, develop and maintain various financial reporting statements and produce monthly financial statements in conjunction with the Chief Accountant.
- Support corporate decision making by conducting studies to analyze the financial impact of proposed projects, develop presentations and make recommendations to management based on study findings.
- Survey the changing environment by researching and developing information required for financial analysis and report on possible affects on the Company operations.
- Develop standards to measure ongoing activities and monitor internal control procedures.
- Analyze new business opportunities and to provide recommendations to management.
- Provide advice to senior management on financial and management matters.
- Analyze information system requirements and make recommendations.
- Work with senior management on the development of the Companies Business Plan.
- The main challenges of the job are: the identification of financial issues that could affect the Company, the generation of analyses to study the impact of projects, understanding financial statements and regulatory accounting and the maintenance and enhancement of systems and models
- Support a working environment that strives to meet HSE objectives.
TNPI seeks to hire those who are responsible, committed, respectful, adaptable and who act with integrity.
Closing date for applications is September 6, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will you be contacted.