Trans-Northern Pipelines Inc. is a growing pipeline company which operates to provide refined petroleum products to major Cities and Airports in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec.
TNPI is a great place to work, not only does it allow for a healthy work/life balance, but offers a competitive salary, comprehensive pension and benefits plans.
Pipeline Line Controller
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
This key, control room position, performs all aspects of control of the pipeline system with respect to product liftings and deliveries. You are the first responder to any indicated line problems, including line shutdowns and requisite internal and external emergency notifications and will optimize pipeline operations for the most efficient use of power by using a supervisory control and data acquisition system -"SCADA".
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Interprets and analyzes the pumping orders to effect and maintain the intended operation sequence relating to the three pipelines.
2. Controls originating pump stations, receiving terminals, manifold valves, junctions and booster stations on the pipeline system by means of SCADA interface.
3. Identifies equipment or system troubles. Assesses the need for immediate repair and contacts appropriate personnel to have problem rectified.
4. Predicts hydraulic conditions and adjusts line operations as required.
5. Calculates line displacements, determines the location, quantity and time of arrival at destination of each tender of product in the line.
6. Utilizes the SCADA batch tracking system to verify and maintain the movement of product through the system.
7. Continually monitors line integrity, especially SCADA leak detection system results, to identify deviations which may indicate a line leak or rupture. Has authority to shut down any line section required and initiate emergency response.
8. Through basic knowledge of scheduling, performs minor revisions as required to accommodate operating restrictions caused by others (refinery or bulk plant).
9. Assists in training new pipeline controllers.
10. Co ordinates special information requirements of projects, line leaks, internal inspection runs and regular maintenance testing with Field Services personnel.
11. Maintains a full understanding of line control work practices and procedures; operations and emergency procedures and operations integrity (TIMS).
High school Diploma
Technology Diploma or Certificate, or related experience an asset.
Bilingual ( English/French) and asset.
Ability to learn SCADA software
Interest in Pipeline Operations
Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
Alertness, ability to make quick decisions, ability to work with a partner, without direct supervision, orderly thinking and mental control, initiative, dependability, courtesy, tactfulness and detail oriented.
Adaptable to shift work environment - l2 hour shifts (average 39 hours per week).
Salary starts at $55,000 per year.
Interested & qualified applicants should send their resume to quoting “Pipeline Controller” in subject line.
Closing date for applications is February 10, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will you be contacted.