Job Title: Sales Engineer
Department: New Equipment Sales
Reports To: Sales Manager
A Sales Engineer works as a technical sales consultant to engineers, architects, contractors and owners/developers in the design, application and sales of environmental systems solutions for commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs and sells integrated HVAC systems.
- Collects, organizes, and assembles data for reports, presentations and/or special projects.
- Responds to customer needs by identifying systems, products, generating quotes and closing orders.
- Communicates order changes to customers.
- Authorizes replacement, credit, or refund as necessary to facilitate the refund/exchange process.
- Develops multiple relationships with key players in the customer's organization, including project managers, project engineers, construction, financial, and purchasing personnel.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Branded products, and system application alternative, BAS, installation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Conducts price estimates and quotations for projects.
- Conducts customer visits and customer events to build relationships with key accounts.
- Monitors and tracks quoted projects and current orders.
- Manages plan and specification takeoffs, selection, pricing, and bidding.
- Conducts formal presentations and training sessions with customer groups.
- Observes the Company’s conditions and business conduct policies when securing business in the marketplace.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Frequent travel requirements with some overnight travel.
Apply in confidence, by submitting your resume to Human Resources.
We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Trane Inc. (Trane) is a global manufacturer of commercial and residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment (HVAC) and...