Trail Appliances Employee Reviews

Fun time
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC31 May 2017
Was fun working with familly and friends and getting paid to travel the cons where tge co.pany coming under new managment great team leaders and positive work place
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Salarary
Was a great place to work
Office administrator promoted to sales support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 May 2017
I learned a lot of valuable skills and time management skills while working for Trail Appliances Ltd. It was very busy, positive and challenging at times.
Not good place to work
Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
Management and employees have no interaction.
For career growth you have to be close to Owners.
Sales department on top but all other departments are treated as lowest.
No growth opportunities, no Raises.
No pension plan, Bonuses for managers and thats all.
even after years of services, you will be fired if Manager doesn't like you. Your job is safe if you are friend and family member of Managers
or management or owners.
If a Stat Day falls on a weekend you will never be paid.

No free lunches.
Pros
Unlimited smoke breaks if you are a smoker.
Not highly recommended
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
Management decent not much for promoting or encouragement general staff not friendly must not like their jobs?
What I Learned
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2017
I learned a lot about different brands of appliances and how to properly install/do small repairs to them. I also was able to gain some certifications for first aid and WHMIS
Pros
Training
Cons
Co Workers
Trail
Sales Representative, Building (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 March 2017
Company has grown quite a bit over the past few years. should not be a corporate company. Best as a family owned business. Great environment to work in, friendly co-workers. flexible.
Pros
enviornment
Cons
expectations
The boss was amazing
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 February 2017
It's not very often you find bosses that are leaders and not just people that tell you what to do. The bosses got their hands dirty and if someone called in sick, they were the first ones to jump in too help.
Fun workplace where people are allowed to be themselves
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 December 2016
There is no micro-management but you are expected to work unsupervised. The management is very lax so expect to take initiative to get things done. My co-workers were wonderful people - there was no gossip or 'clicks'. Everyone got along. The hardest part of the job was not getting much back up from management, so I spent a lot time figuring things out for myself. Ironically, that was also the most enjoyable part of the job as I was not micro-managed at all.
Pros
Great culture.
Cons
Black out periods where you couldn't take any time off - eg. Boxing week etc.
Recommended
Head Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 November 2016
Trail is a fun place to work at. It is very diverse and everyone is friendly. Company is growing fast with lots of opportunities.
Pros
Friendly people
Not the place to work for reception
Recpetionist (Former Employee) –  South Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Not the best place to work. They are very unorganized and really don't know what a receptionist should be doing. The receptionist are not given answers to their questions and do not handle the challenges given to the supervisors so the receptionist can do their job. They also should be hiring temps since the turn-over for this job is very high. This again is showing a red flag as a place you do not want to work!
Pros
Faster to get to work because of the hours
Cons
Have to wear certain colors and not 8 - 5, poor pay for what's expected
Very Stressful job, but the people that I worked with made it worth while.
Service Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
This job was a call center position, I liked that I was very busy with numerous responsibilities I had during the day; from answering a very high amount of incoming phone calls, making out bound phone calls, creating service appointments, ordering parts, maintaining close relationships with my co-workers as well as our customers on a daily basis. The hardest as well as most rewarding part of this job were the customers, all with their very own needs and trying to under stand want everyone needs and how to get it to them the most quickly and effecent ways possible.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement, no raises
fast paced work environment
Sales Consultant / Retail (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2016
co-workers are really nice.
good salary
much better work environment than other appliances store
beautiful showroom
variety of products in the showroom
continuous product training
BAD, Bad Management!!!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2016
Working at trail appliances was interesting. If you weren't out driving then you better be able to make yourself look busy or you'd be sent home by noon. As a delivery driver I enjoyed working with all my co - workers, but the management team left much to be desired. They didn't realize that the drivers and swampers didn't make a ton of cash and that we couldn't afford to have half days every two working days.

Id start at 7:45 and if i was lucky id be able to stretch my day until 2:00 pm. I was hired as a full time driver but if i was lucky I'd get 60 hours every two weeks.
Pros
Free Lunches when working in warehouse
Cons
Hours unknown
Great People and Great Management
Accounts Receivable Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC8 November 2015
Very family orientated work place who looks out for the wellbeing of their employees. All employees are very friendly and benefits are fair.
Incentive were given for hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2015
There was a different scenario everyday with every customer. But working with one of the best group of sales associates and administrative staff there was no hesitation with help. There is always policies and procedures to follow in any company you work within, it is how your management enforces it that helps you enforce it and learn. I have had the pleasure of working for some great companies and there is always something positive to pull form them. The friendships and the willingness to teach is like none other.
Pros
Contests and awards were achievable
love working at telus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2015
Field inbound calls from start of shift to the end. Resolve issues from the callers and proactively try to upsale all calls.
Pros
love the work life and compensation
Cons
poorly managed
trail
professionally assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2015
amazing very flexible learned a lot about office work works well with school hours very friendly environment very welcoming staff and over all very busy and productive space
Great learning enviroment
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Langford BC25 March 2014
Company offered a great training program for new administrators. The Sales staff were all very knowledgeable and great to work with.
However, the management was not very professional, which made some aspects of the job difficult. I enjoyed the hands on, interactive work place.
Pros
BBQ lunches, great salary and benefits
Cons
Poorly managed
Hard working group with great sense of fun!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 February 2014
Exceptionally well run company with some excellent people employed there.
Pros
co-workers and management are very good
Cons
great place to work everyone gets along, not a boring job at all
delivery personnel/installations (Current Employee) –  annacis island27 November 2013
Everyone shows up in the morning, we load our trucks get our run sheets and go do deliveries all over lower mainland and greater vancouver , its a fun job you will never get bored your always out , meeting new people, and every delivery is different, the management is excellent, they always listen to you if you have any issues and they do their best to help you out in any situation , its like working with a big family.