Trail Appliances Employee Reviews

Not the place to work for reception
Recpetionist (Former Employee) –  South Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Not the best place to work. They are very unorganized and really don't know what a receptionist should be doing. The receptionist are not given answers to their questions and do not handle the challenges given to the supervisors so the receptionist can do their job. They also should be hiring temps since the turn-over for this job is very high. This again is showing a red flag as a place you do not want to work!
Pros
Faster to get to work because of the hours
Cons
Have to wear certain colors and not 8 - 5, poor pay for what's expected
BAD, Bad Management!!!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2016
Working at trail appliances was interesting. If you weren't out driving then you better be able to make yourself look busy or you'd be sent home by noon. As a delivery driver I enjoyed working with all my co - workers, but the management team left much to be desired. They didn't realize that the drivers and swampers didn't make a ton of cash and that we couldn't afford to have half days every two working days.

Id start at 7:45 and if i was lucky id be able to stretch my day until 2:00 pm. I was hired as a full time driver but if i was lucky I'd get 60 hours every two weeks.
Pros
Free Lunches when working in warehouse
Cons
Hours unknown
Incentive were given for hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2015
There was a different scenario everyday with every customer. But working with one of the best group of sales associates and administrative staff there was no hesitation with help. There is always policies and procedures to follow in any company you work within, it is how your management enforces it that helps you enforce it and learn. I have had the pleasure of working for some great companies and there is always something positive to pull form them. The friendships and the willingness to teach is like none other.
Pros
Contests and awards were achievable
fast paced work environment
Sales Consultant / Retail (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2016
co-workers are really nice.
good salary
much better work environment than other appliances store
beautiful showroom
variety of products in the showroom
continuous product training
Recommended
Head Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 November 2016
Trail is a fun place to work at. It is very diverse and everyone is friendly. Company is growing fast with lots of opportunities.
Pros
Friendly people
love working at telus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2015
Field inbound calls from start of shift to the end. Resolve issues from the callers and proactively try to upsale all calls.
Pros
love the work life and compensation
Cons
poorly managed
Changing from Family values to corporate
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2012
Structure is set so that the sales team is 95% male and the Admin is 99% female. The Admin team is under paid for the sheer volume of work expected of them. Sales team is geared to strictly sell, then hand off to an Admin who takes payment, upsells warranties, or financing options & arranges delivery, trouble shoots and assists with service arrangments and provides installation contact info. Admins are also expected to track paperwork, and keep sales bonus info at the ready for the sales team on top of the normal day to day operation in an office. Some coworkers actually work together as a team and share bonuses with their Admin. MOST sales people will take all the glory and bonuses themselves and dump the workload onto the Admin team. If you're salaried here, expect annual raises to be in the .25 cents/hr at the most or be prepared to stand firm, and document why you're worth more than 25 cents. The company is still using antiquated computer programs that they contract a part time programmer to create interfaces with modern software (not always successfully). Potential for advancement is non existant if you have any desire to move into management look elsewhere.
Pros
company pays for uptraining if needed, but only if there's no other option available
Cons
even if you sign a contract to accept a salary on a 40 hr week, you're expected to put in an additional couple hours every day.
Great People and Great Management
Accounts Receivable Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC8 November 2015
Very family orientated work place who looks out for the wellbeing of their employees. All employees are very friendly and benefits are fair.
Family Businesses
Delivery & Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2012
Overall a great place to work however the hours are long and the pay is not competitive. I have grown a lot as a individual by working at this company. Family businesses are hard to be accepted into and when I came to work everyday I felt like I was apart the family.
Pros
lots of positive people
Cons
long hours and none competitive wages
Great learning enviroment
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Langford BC25 March 2014
Company offered a great training program for new administrators. The Sales staff were all very knowledgeable and great to work with.
However, the management was not very professional, which made some aspects of the job difficult. I enjoyed the hands on, interactive work place.
Pros
BBQ lunches, great salary and benefits
Cons
Poorly managed
Hard working group with great sense of fun!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 February 2014
Exceptionally well run company with some excellent people employed there.
Pros
co-workers and management are very good
Cons
great place to work everyone gets along, not a boring job at all
delivery personnel/installations (Current Employee) –  annacis island27 November 2013
Everyone shows up in the morning, we load our trucks get our run sheets and go do deliveries all over lower mainland and greater vancouver , its a fun job you will never get bored your always out , meeting new people, and every delivery is different, the management is excellent, they always listen to you if you have any issues and they do their best to help you out in any situation , its like working with a big family.
Input into the systems different work orders, check the inventory stocks and requested Insurance payments
Inventory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2013
I am learning every day the manager and colleagues feedback.
Review and Check the work orders and input into the system,the most hardest part of my job is understand the technician writing and the most enjoyable part of my job is the environment and treatment from my colleagues.
Pros
Exceleent environment job
Cons
n/a
trail
professionally assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2015
amazing very flexible learned a lot about office work works well with school hours very friendly environment very welcoming staff and over all very busy and productive space

2.9