Trail Appliances Employee Reviews in Canada

fast paced work environment
Sales Consultant / Retail (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCApril 25, 2016
co-workers are really nice.
good salary
much better work environment than other appliances store
beautiful showroom
variety of products in the showroom
continuous product training
BAD, Bad Management!!!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2016
Working at trail appliances was interesting. If you weren't out driving then you better be able to make yourself look busy or you'd be sent home by noon. As a delivery driver I enjoyed working with all my co - workers, but the management team left much to be desired. They didn't realize that the drivers and swampers didn't make a ton of cash and that we couldn't afford to have half days every two working days.

Id start at 7:45 and if i was lucky id be able to stretch my day until 2:00 pm. I was hired as a full time driver but if i was lucky I'd get 60 hours every two weeks.
Pros
Free Lunches when working in warehouse
Cons
Hours unknown
Great People and Great Management
Accounts Receivable Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 8, 2015
Very family orientated work place who looks out for the wellbeing of their employees. All employees are very friendly and benefits are fair.
Incentive were given for hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2015
There was a different scenario everyday with every customer. But working with one of the best group of sales associates and administrative staff there was no hesitation with help. There is always policies and procedures to follow in any company you work within, it is how your management enforces it that helps you enforce it and learn. I have had the pleasure of working for some great companies and there is always something positive to pull form them. The friendships and the willingness to teach is like none other.
Pros
Contests and awards were achievable
love working at telus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Field inbound calls from start of shift to the end. Resolve issues from the callers and proactively try to upsale all calls.
Pros
love the work life and compensation
Cons
poorly managed
trail
professionally assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2015
amazing very flexible learned a lot about office work works well with school hours very friendly environment very welcoming staff and over all very busy and productive space
Great learning enviroment
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Langford BCMarch 25, 2014
Company offered a great training program for new administrators. The Sales staff were all very knowledgeable and great to work with.
However, the management was not very professional, which made some aspects of the job difficult. I enjoyed the hands on, interactive work place.
Pros
bbq lunches, great salary and benefits
Cons
poorly managed
Hard working group with great sense of fun!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 8, 2014
Exceptionally well run company with some excellent people employed there.
Pros
co-workers and management are very good
Cons
great place to work everyone gets along, not a boring job at all
delivery personnel/installations (Current Employee) –  annacis islandNovember 27, 2013
Everyone shows up in the morning, we load our trucks get our run sheets and go do deliveries all over lower mainland and greater vancouver , its a fun job you will never get bored your always out , meeting new people, and every delivery is different, the management is excellent, they always listen to you if you have any issues and they do their best to help you out in any situation , its like working with a big family.
Input into the systems different work orders, check the inventory stocks and requested Insurance payments
Inventory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2013
I am learning every day the manager and colleagues feedback.
Review and Check the work orders and input into the system,the most hardest part of my job is understand the technician writing and the most enjoyable part of my job is the environment and treatment from my colleagues.
Pros
exceleent environment job
Cons
n/a
Changing from Family values to corporate
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 29, 2012
Structure is set so that the sales team is 95% male and the Admin is 99% female. The Admin team is under paid for the sheer volume of work expected of them. Sales team is geared to strictly sell, then hand off to an Admin who takes payment, upsells warranties, or financing options & arranges delivery, trouble shoots and assists with service arrangments and provides installation contact info. Admins are also expected to track paperwork, and keep sales bonus info at the ready for the sales team on top of the normal day to day operation in an office. Some coworkers actually work together as a team and share bonuses with their Admin. MOST sales people will take all the glory and bonuses themselves and dump the workload onto the Admin team. If you're salaried here, expect annual raises to be in the .25 cents/hr at the most or be prepared to stand firm, and document why you're worth more than 25 cents. The company is still using antiquated computer programs that they contract a part time programmer to create interfaces with modern software (not always successfully). Potential for advancement is non existant if you have any desire to move into management look elsewhere.
Pros
company pays for uptraining if needed, but only if there's no other option available
Cons
even if you sign a contract to accept a salary on a 40 hr week, you're expected to put in an additional couple hours every day.
Family Businesses
Delivery & Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 6, 2012
Overall a great place to work however the hours are long and the pay is not competitive. I have grown a lot as a individual by working at this company. Family businesses are hard to be accepted into and when I came to work everyday I felt like I was apart the family.
Pros
lots of positive people
Cons
long hours and none competitive wages

2.8