Social Enterprise Helping Inner City Women and At-Risk Youth
At Tradeworks, we have been investing in human capital for the last 19 years. Since 1994, we have been working with inner city women and at-risk youth with multiple barriers to employment. Based in downtown eastside, the poorest postal code in Canada, we provide training in life and employment skills, and hands-on work experience in the trade of carpentry. After finishing our program, our graduates are ready to for gainful employment, often for the first time in their lives.
We run two social enterprises employing our trainees and graduates that make triple-bottom-line wood products. Our products range from customized corporate gifts, awards and display items, Christmas ornaments, decorative wood signs to landscaping items such as outdoor furniture, decks, planters, and garden sheds to temporary custom wood structures for events, concerts and for the construction and mining industries.
We change lives. And yes, we have power tools!
Marketing and Communications Officer
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of an amazing organization and utilizing your expertise at the same time? Do you have a strong background in traditional marketing as well as expertise in Social Media and spreading the word? This would be a perfect role to allow you to do just that, and it will start on a contract basis at approximately 20 hours/week.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Officer is responsible for marketing and communications activities and effectively harnessing Tradeworks’ resources into a comprehensive and strategic messaging program that raises awareness and builds support for the organization.
Specifically, your responsibilities will be:
- Developing, managing and implementing an integrated marketing and communications strategy that includes paid and unpaid media campaigns; tactical plans for print, online, digital and social media activation; media relations with national and local publications; relationships with community partners; print collateral and website management; and community relations
- Responsible for all critical marketing and communications functions, including all press releases, print publications, website, social media, and graphic design projects
- Monitor, measure and report on impact of marketing and communications activities and ensure alignment with other strategies
- Creating and maintaining online and offline catalogues and other product material for social enterprise sales support
- Develop, oversee and manage community-based relationships with other charitable organizations, partner foundations, and government agencies
The skills and experience that you are offering:
- At least 3 - 7 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Established record in non-profit marketing, media relations, public and community relations, social and online media management, and print publications
- Strong marketing sensibility and exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Creative and flexible strategic thinker with exceptional project management and organizational skills, proficiency in complex duties requiring critical thinking, accuracy, attention to detail and coordination of information
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and possesses an outgoing attitude
- Proficient in a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Elements, Wordpress, website CMS software, Marketwire and other online PR tools and databases
- Good sense of humor and positive disposition.
- Entrepreneurial can-do attitude and ability to work independently.
- Empathy and understanding towards marginalized members of the community.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience
- A flexible working schedule on a part time basis
- Collaborative, positive and fun team environment
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovative organization making a positive difference in the community
- Extended Healthcare Benefits
Application Deadline - September 6th, 2013, 5pm PST
To apply, please send resume and cover letter detailing how your experience and skills are a fit for this position including two writing samples to - hr(at)tradeworks.bc.ca
To learn more about our organization and what we do, please visit: http://tradeworks.bc.ca
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago
At Tradeworks, we have been investing in human capital since 1994. We work with inner city women and at-risk youth with multiple barriers to...