Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Produtive
Laborer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2014
learning new things everyday meeting new people and friend on different job assigments
pay was ok
Laborer/carpenter (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: learn something new at each job site
Cons: job could end anytime, travel to far for rate of pay most of time.
pay was ok. I learned something new at job sites.
most co-workers were friendly
heavy labor
Very Good
Electrician (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Verifiable work Hours good working conditions good wages and benefits
very professional
skilled carpenter (Former Employee), Uniontown, OHFebruary 3, 2014
great people to work for. treat you like a person not a number
friendly and easy going
tradesman of over 20 years (Former Employee), south FloridaJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good coworkers & supers
Cons: not a current payscale for skills
1980 wages ...2014 fuel prices...too much travel. I make $2 more on 1 Job & $7 an hour More on another within 10 miles of home when I solicit my own work .I can't keep up my truck &tools driving 30 miles one way for below prevailing wage ,I know they have to get their overhead expenses ,But I can't absorb that margin .Too Bad ,real good bunch of people – more... it just doesn't pay the bills – less
overall good
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 15, 2014
I worked at a glycerin plant doing new construction,learned how to run conduit on curved spaces.Overall,one of the best crews I worked with.
Hard to find reliable employees
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: income, bonuses, fast paced
Cons: not enough training
Great company as long as you have the right management and training.
First Job
Shipyard Cable Puller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2014
If your a hard worker its a easy job but after awhile it can stress the body out.
Work/Personal Life balance
Field Representative (Current Employee), IowaJanuary 6, 2014
Tradesmen International is a great place to learn about the construction industry if you don't have any prior experience. You will work with contractors in every phase of a project while supplying labor to help finish each project on time.
Management is ok, but you can tend to have more freedom than you will in any other job.
The people you will work – more... with are great. They are very down to earth, blue collar workers.
The hardest part of the job is creating new clientele.
The most enjoyable part is the freedom. – less
Productive work place
Marine Electrician Assigned (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Consistent in time management
I learn a great deal of my job, and others, safe procedure concept
Learning form CO-Workers was a smooth experience
Hardest part of the job always ready to work can't stop production keep it moving.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to work for the company.
Not a career just a quick job!
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2013
Pros: quick job placement
Cons: 401k, health benefits, not always working
A typical day at work would be running conduit, pulling wire, trimming out, lighting, power, typically anything electrical. Worked with different people all the time which is hard to know their personalities and their strong points. Their was really no hard part of my job. the most enjoyable is when I look at the work I've done and say man that looks – more... good. – less
undecided
pipefitter (Former Employee), Tulsa OklahomaDecember 21, 2013
Pros: good supervision
Cons: cant guarantee u work once your there
worked one job for them it was a good job pay was good hours good, came from Tuscon Arizona to Tulsa Oklahoma to work for them n once I got to Tulsa they said the job was shut down n put me in a serious bind. never had a company do that to me before and this is the worst time of year to be out of work.
great place to work
Form carpenter (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 10, 2013
we build and repair bridges, I learned a lot about working together as an team
Great people
Electrician (Current Employee), VariousDecember 9, 2013
Great people working on various projects and the pay is good.
productive and a fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Dayton OhDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: short breaks
Great coworkers, wonderful oppertunities,nice benefits
great company if you like to travle
Commercial & Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free motels and good pay
Cons: the traveling
tradesmen international was a decent company to work for. the travel was the only bad thing about it.
10 years of solid career building
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, corporate support
Cons: long hours, low pay
10 years of solid career building with excellent corporate support
General Manager
Sales Representative, General Manager (Current Employee), Spokane, WADecember 3, 2013
Pros: the freedom to manage in an effective way that suites my style.
Cons: relying on field employees to represent tradesmen properly
Responsibilities
I am responsible to make sure that my reps are out of their houses and on jobsites by 7am. I begin receiving
email requests at 5am from home. Our corporate office is in Cleveland. I am also responsible to know where all
of our field employees are at all times. We have between 40 to 70 field employees working at any given time. I
pull – more... our aging reports for billing and make sure my reps are keeping up on their clients billing. I am responsible
for making sure our project coordinator is getting all dispatches done on time daily. We try to interview 8 new
employees a day to keep up with our clients man power needs. I help our administrative assistant with payroll
every week and ensure that our field employees, as well as our office employees get paid on time. I was
responsible for the yearly business plan and budget for this next year. Taking the time to look at the trends and
forecast the needs for the office paid off greatly. I completed the task and received praise from my immediate
supervisor for being proficient and a stickler to detail. I am also responsible to maintain a professional office. I
have to make sure all of our services are in order and inventory stocked. I also am responsible for having the
office staff adhere to a professional attire depending on what their job tasks are on any given day.
I have learned much from my Area Manager. He has helped my sharpen my multi-tasking efforts to become more efficient. He has been a mentor and a person who cares about his employees. He has taught me how to stay on task in any hectic situation.
Skills Used
I use relationship building skills. I didn't look at the sales representative job as sales. I looked at it as a
consulting position with my clients. It is a relationship business. I learned all of my clients needs for skilled
trades and put that knowledge to good use. Once you can prove to your clients and potential clients that you
will do whatever it takes to successfully service their man power needs, they will be a loyal client.
I took the same approach to becoming general manager. I used my relationships with my reps and their clients
to cut our collections from over 70% past 30 days to 30% past 30 days in 1 month. I have also been able to
use my past experience as a rep to motivate the reps to push forward and persevere. You have to have a thick
skin to be successful in the labor support business.
The most enjoyable part of this job is helping support the success of all of the people that work for Tradesmen. – less
Decent in between job type job just pay bill money
Combo Pipe Welder/ Fitter (Current Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 3, 2013
They do a good job keeping you employed for the most part depending on your skills ability to travel whatnot but pay isn't the best but it is basically a temp agency so what can you expect.
temp work
Welder/fitter/fabricator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 20, 2013
Pros: good expeirance
Cons: wor could stop without notice
It was good experiance. I had fun and learned alot about conveyors.

About Tradesmen International

Tradesmen International is the construction industry's leading employer of skilled craftsmen. We're proud to showcase craft professional – Read more

Tradesmen International Photos