Looking to Trade up your job for a Career? Meet your Match at Trader Corporation
Trader Corporation takes pride in its diverse and talented group of employees. As an organization we remain focused on innovating and investing for the future. We strive to ensure we have the best online and mobile user experience and the best business solutions for our customers. We have a competitive and driven attitude that allows us to achieve results and continue to elevate our brands. We are an organization that encourages our employees by providing them with the tools to be successful in delivering results, while at the same time investing in their careers.
Trader Corporation is a leader in digital and print vertical media and offers a broad set of services such as inventory management, web solutions, optimization of media spend and lead-generation campaigns. Trader caters to the automotive and generalist verticals. If you feel that We are a Match, We want to Meet You!
Trader Employee Benefits
- A Dynamic Organizational Culture and Attractive and Competitive Remuneration Package
- A variety of Career Development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Market Competitive Vacation Allowance
- Maternity Leave Top Up Plan
- Free Parking for most of our locations across Canada
-Comprehensive Flexible Benefit Program
Please visit us at www.tradercorporation.com , www.autotrader.ca , www.buysell.com
Summary of Job
Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and other Year End estimates, working with Director, Financial Planning & Analysis. The analyst will make decisions along with department owners, on budget amounts and types. The analyst will make recommendations to Finance managers, which will impact the budgets, forecasts and ultimately the financial results of the company. The results of these budgets and forecasts will provide information to senior management to allow them make informed decisions to enable Trader Corporation to meet its financial targets. Additionally, the analyst will prepare various management analysis and KPIs to provide information for senior management to track performance. The analyst will be involved in preparing various models to assist the Director with analysis while also constantly improving budgeting, forecasting and analysis processes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Works with the Budget primes to gather and review all departmental budget or reforecast data and integrates into one company wide budget or reforecast. Upload budget or forecast into Great Plains. Will be responsible for making recommendations and decisions with department owners that will ultimately impact the financial results of the company.
- Participates in the budgeting activities with different internal agents (Executives, Directors, and budget co-coordinators) to ensure the budgets and forecasts are prepared in a timely basis in the correct format. Will be responsible for the accuracy of the data which may have a material impact on the financial results of the company.
- Works on the monthly financial statement analysis process and associated reporting of budget and reforecast variances. Will assist the Director in making informed recommendations to Executive Management.
- Advises various internal agents (Executives, Directors, and budget co-coordinators) on all matters relating to budgets, forecasts and performance variances against projected results. Analyst will provide advice at times, without consulting his manager, so a strong level of judgment and professional maturity is required.
- Develops budget and reforecast templates and models for use in the budget and reforecast process.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- University degree in Business or equivalent
- Professional Accounting Designation: CA, CMA or CGA
- Minimum 3-5 years budgeting experience in a large multi-departmental corporate environment.
- Variance analysis and GL analysis and reconciliations in a large multi-departmental corporate environment.
- Comfortable with an advisory role, and the ability to make sound financial decisions, which may impact the company.
- Ability to challenge assumptions backed by a strong business acumen and strong interpersonal skills
Required Soft Skills:
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Flexible and a good negotiator.
- Must have strong PC and accounting system skills. Strong Microsoft Office, Great Plain, FRX reporting is desirable.
We value diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment screening.