GS Beauty Group is a chain of 100 retail and salon locations. Our main banner Trade Secrets / Glamour Secrets is a leading retailer of salon-quality hair, skin and body products. With over 4,500 products and a full-service salon, it’s a beauty destination for those who want the latest in professional beauty trends. Other banners include The Cut Above, Taylor and Colt BarberSpa and Wax-n-Blo.
The Buyer will report directly to the VP Operations & Purchasing and work closely with the GM and Owner. The Buyer is responsible for the development, sourcing, price negotiations and maintenance of merchandise associated with the GS Beauty Group.
- Negotiate with Vendors: terms, markdown credit and shipping in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the different facets of merchandising including replenishment, planning and marketing
- Source new products to constantly improve quality, variety, costs, margins and sales
- Implement and maintain pricing and margin structure for new and existing items
- Work with Franchisee Advisory Committee
- Create Plan o gram and merchandising layout of new lines and promotions
- Accountable for all products launches and for overall performance of every product , brand and category
- Analyze and report the success/failure of promo’s and new product launches and recommend course of action
- Marketing projects ad hoc
- Coach re-buyer /purchaser
- University /College degree in material management, business, or administration or minimum of 3 years experience as a Buyer.
- Must have financial acumens and understanding of sales, gross profits in order to identify key buying and sales trends
- Working knowledge of word, excel and power point
- Ability to build and maintain a strong relationship with office staff including replenishment and marketing
- Must be self motivated
- Substantial attention to detail
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario
Please Note: Travel will be required
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive’ and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and salary expectations via email and reference “Buyer”
To view other opportunities with Trade Secrets, please visit our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring opportunities with Trade Secrets, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago