The Trade Centre Limited (TCL) is now recruiting qualified individuals to join our team as Event Technicians for activities at the Halifax Metro Centre, World Trade & Convention Centre and Exhibition Park locations, as required.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the safe and timely overall set-up and tear down of events and event related equipment;
- Perform regular maintenance of event equipment and advise senior staff of any problems or facility issues needing attention;
- Work together with additional TCL and contract staff to ensure venue atmosphere and maintenance meet the high standards of Trade Centre Limited;
- Interact directly with clients to ensure their needs are met and communicate any changes/requests to the appropriate Event Manager.
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiastic, friendly, dedicated individuals with strong communication skills and a professional attitude who are detail-oriented, enjoy being part of a team and are passionate about providing high-quality event service;
- Must be able to perform required labour tasks and duties (ex. lifting/carrying items while walking, climbing and descending stairs/ladders, reaching, bending, pulling and pushing equipment, etc.);
- Experience/skills working with various tools and/or operating a forklift is a strong asset.
- Previous related experience and/or familiarity with TCL facilities and standards of service is ideal;
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, along with extended workdays as per event and client demand; working hours can range from 20 – 44 hours per week, based on scheduled event activities.
Are you looking for challenging, rewarding work where no two days are quite the same? Would you like to be part of a world-class organization that creates economic and community benefit for all Nova Scotians by bringing people together? Here is your opportunity to assist in the delivery of the region’s hottest and most exciting events!
Please forward a résumé and cover letter in confidence by September 27, 2013. As part of our commitment to the environment, we prefer that you apply online at www.tradecentrelimited.com/careers, or e-mail your application package. Please reference competition no. “1309190” in your subject line. Applications may also be received at: PO Box 955, 1800 Argyle St, Suite 416, Halifax, NS, B3J 2V9.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago