TR Canada Employee Reviews

fun and productive place to work,no job security.
Piping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 February 2017
Good place to work,competitive salary. Professional people and helpful. Give you all the tools and work gear to do your job. I will work for them any time again when I got the opportunity .
Pros
Profesional
Cons
No job security
Nice company to work for
Piping Superintendent/ QA (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2017
I have been in two different project for the Same company and been able to enhance my experience trough a whole variety of work from different departments, and a lot of diversified cultures and people.
Pros
able to work in different areas in the world
Cons
not a permanent job yet
Very nice place to work with big career opportunities
Construction Planner & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2017
The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN
The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization.
The company invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal and professional growth.
Do not recommend
Field Project Management (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
Worst of the worst as far as companies. Double standards - Spanish treated like royalty but anyone else is totally expendable. Forced to work 60 hours per week with no overtime pay. Rotation leave is part of earned vacation. All staff receive same amount of vacation - 3 weeks regardless of position or experience. No compensation for travel time. Very demanding rotation of 10 weeks on / 2 weeks off. Absolutely no support from management. Paid monthly versus bi-weekly. No uplift to work at site. Several different variations of contract when everyone is staff leads to high discontent and discrimination.
Pros
A pay cheque in a difficult market.
Cons
Long days, extremely long rotations, no paid OT or travel time.
The company does not have what it takes to suceed in Canada and Norteamerica
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Bad experience working for them.
Pretend to come bear hunting in Canada with the attire and weapons they have used to do business in underdeveloped countries can only rush them into failure
Pros
Free Christmas Holydays
Cons
Lousy management, lack of perspective and poor understanding of Canadian legislation on Engineering, Regulatory and Permits
Want to be a Gladiator? -Join TR Canda
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2016
Typical Middle east pay, culture & treatment. They will trick you to sign contract,(with lot of false promise) Once Contract signed, they will lock you for one year & block you from working for all their contractors, subcontractors etc.,
Pros
Nothing to say, except employment
Cons
Poor pay, no overtime pay(forced to work 60 hours & more), no value for human, middle east treatment you will get. ONCE CONTRACT SIGNED, U cannot quit otherwise they will block you from ossa companies
Dyanmic and fast pace company.
Lead Piping Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers and supervisor are very friendly and cooperative. I learnt how to face the conflict with peers and other stake holders.
Pros
Sometimes lunch provided at different festival celebration.
Cons
Have to work long hours if situation demands.
Cultured place to work!
Site Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray5 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
I got to learn another language & meet new people
I am thankful for my position at TR Canada and the skills I have learned
Construction Coordinator - Logistics (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB.26 October 2014
I am thankful for my position at TR Canada and the skills I have learned.
Good Managment
Mechanical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 March 2014
Very knowledgable people around and great enviroment to work with. Management is full aware of your needs and also in your expectations.
Busy work enviroment
Sr. Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray Alberta2 February 2014
Everyday is different depending on the volumes of emails, meetings and documentation that needs to be processed. Things that must be done within a work day is assure that we are keeping up to date with our schedules. We have to be on top of our Document Control documents assuring our libraries are up to date and we have the latest and greatest revision; and also assuring we are issuing proper revisions to subcontractors. With Turnover we must be determined in collecting all QC information and having everything signed off and turned over as per due date.
Pros
It is always busy
Good People
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray14 August 2013
I enjoy working here and i like the people, I have learned lots of things but work like to broaden my experience and hopefully better wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TR Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8