TPD Employee Reviews

AIF Contract (YVR) / Customer Service Info Center
Customer Service/AIF Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
Unable to provide recent feedback. This was a short term role at Vancouver International Airport collecting the Airport Improvement Fee prior to it being added to the ticket directly. Moved to Information Center Role after AIF program was terminated.
Casual employment - suites just fine!
Server/bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 15, 2016
Good relations with office personnel
Work assignments are with respectfull companies and very organized.
The co-workers @ TPD are fairly knowledgeable (at times - not much industry experience) willing to learn.
Pros
Fair employer
Cons
n/a
productive and extremely encouraging, as well as fun workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2015
A day at work could be diversified according to how and when the work started and ends. my typical day at work, showcase an avenue of getting my duties and my work ethics accomplished. secondly, learning new things, as well as adopting new basis on how to uplift and contribute my best to the firm.
Pros
free lunch
Working Internally for TPD
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 14, 2016
I worked internally with TPD for 5 years in a variety of different positions.

Every day is very different, and you have the opportunity to truly make an impact on a candidate or clients life daily.

There can be a lot of pressure towards activity targets and meeting a budget. A lot of my colleagues struggled with the pressure. It is a sales environment, regardless of your role. Whether or not contingent recruiting and the compensation structure at TPD motivates the right behaviour is out to question, although I was promised changes were coming on that.

My manager's were always supportive, yet it is an environment where if you want change, if you want advancement, if you want career development opportunities, you need to create and push for them yourself. While my ideas always feel welcomed and well received, and my requests have never been denied, you do need to ask for what you want and show why it is in the best interest of the company.

Profit share can be very rewarding, but also tough to reach. As a result there are very good months, but a lot of salary only months. Salaries tend to be slightly below industry average.

Culturally, I always found the teams I worked with to be a very fun group. They try to get together inside and outside the office. No drama, no cliques. People seem genuine. Everyone goes out of their way to make a new employee welcome.
Great culture, great people, great location!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  VancouverJune 25, 2014
As an Account Manager my role was, manage three different service lines to my clients. I would be directly involved in the day-to-day tasks of the processes developed, but also in finding new clients. A typical day would be checking e-mails, reviewing client questions/reviews, learn about new postings, understand the business needs, and cold calling. My management was superb, very friendly and helpful whenever an issue arose or questions needed to be answered. My co-workers were very friendly and allowed me to excel in my short time there. The hardest part of my job for me was the cold calling aspect of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the success of my team members when an order I brought in was closed.
Pros
profit sharing, monthly birthdays, monthly dinners
Cons
n/a
I get to meet a lot of nice people
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 13, 2014
I learn a lot in every place that i got sent to.
I like to learn new things every day so I really enjoy this, the hard part of this job is that is not secure or permanent, some times I don't even get a call in a week.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
work on call, not enough hours some times
Very corporate environment
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 6, 2014
As Branch administrator, I was the first person guests and client saw when they came in. I answered multiple phone line system, prepared daily financial reports, set up candidates for recruitment testing.
Pros
nice collegaues
Cons
needed more of a challenge.
Excellent company
Receptionist/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 6, 2013
An excellent company to work for, friendly staff who will go out of their way to give you advice on how you can improve your skills.
Pros
learned lots, excellent people to work with
Cons
assignments seemed short in length
Horrible Recruiter
Receptionist/Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaOctober 12, 2014
Wouldn't work for TPD again if my life depended on it. Worked for peanuts, not enough work, assignments were a joke.
Pros
no pros
Cons
treat you like dirt
Very good
Temporary Employment Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, B.CSeptember 30, 2014
Got work quickly, paid on time. Very nice boss, and always fixed any issues.