Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment where staff is treated respectfully
Seasonal Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 March 2016
I only worked for Toys 'R' Us for a few weeks as a seasonal associate, but I enjoyed my time there. I worked during the last 2 months of my pregnancy and the managers and other associates were very kind and flexible when it came to doctor's appointments or other challenges I faced.

The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours, especially because I was pregnant at the time. Manager on duty would periodically check on me if I had a shift over 6 hours and sometimes switch me from cash to floor so that I could walk around and stretch my legs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the other staff and customers. I learn a lot from people and conversation and as a cashier I often had time to chat briefly with customers while ringing through their items.

As this was not my first job as cashier, there were not any specific skills I needed to be taught, however as the years have passed I have grown more comfortable in talking to strangers and would say I am now very confident in starting conversation.
Pros
close to home, flexible hours
Cons
long hours standing
Part-time job w
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
I liked working there, It was a great part-time job for someone still in school student. Don't have much to say was a long time ago but I do remember enjoying myself co-workers became friends and most of the management was great
Productuve and fun working there
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 March 2016
Hard but fun to help people find what they need. The hardest part is remembering where every thing is in the store. All co-workers were helpful to know what to do to find what is needed.
Pros
Getting work experince
Cons
hours are not the same day to day for part time work
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
Corporate office is a great place to work. They put in a lot of effort to create a work life balance. There is no politics or back stabbing. It is like a close society where everyone knows everybody.
Friendly. fast paced environment with many opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
Fast paced, friendly, exciting work environment with helpful coworkers. Many opportunities to assist with customer questions and concerns and overcome challenges.
Loud fast paced enviornment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2016
A typical day at work would be to pick and pack skids, scan the manifests and load the trailers. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently within a timely manner. Management was next to non existent since I barely saw them. co-workers were often friendly and diverse. The hardest part of the job was pace I had to maintain I was quickly and constantly moving around. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about various different positions from other workers.
Pros
diverse work environment
Cons
constantly moving around
Good First Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Working at Toys R Us was my very first job and I really liked it. Co-workers were really friendly and nice as well as the managers and most of the time you're either on the cash register or on the floor helping customers and reorganizing products that are misplaced.
Pros
Everyone there is friendly
Cons
Excellent working environment and many different roles to suit the interest of employees. Managers are great and always there to help.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2016
I had worked at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs for about 6 years and due to this, I was given the opportunity to try out many different departments and gain experience from all. The managers were very friendly and helpful when they needed to be. My colleagues were very friendly and we quickly became a family. Albeit sometimes understaffed, the training and knowledge we had gained translated well when getting through the day as our customers went home satisfied. Working one on one with the customers helped us build a relationship with customers so we could make sure they go home with products that suits their particular needs.
Fun Work Experiance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON2 March 2016
Seeing all of the kids come in and play with toys was one of the best parts of the job. Stocking the shelves was a daily activity but it was always a good time to see the new product coming in. Managers were very nice and understanding to employees and customers.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Short hours
temporary job
Toys R Us Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 February 2016
I was only seasonal at toys r us. However the time i was there i enjoyed working there. the people were nice and I enjoyed going to work. If one opens near me i will try to work there.
fun workplace and very rewarding with the kid clientele
Chef de monde, Service à la clientèle et caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 February 2016
Most days I would supervise the cashiers and the customer service employees. I would assist on cash and anywhere else that would be required. The atmosphere is just what you would think, pleasant and heartfelt. There is no way to explain the satisfaction of being able to assist a child in finding the perfect toy or a parent that isn't sure about a gift.
Pros
steady hours, the clientele
Cons
Salary and Holiday rush
productive and fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 February 2016
I enjoyed working at ToysRus, nice people to work with and a very good work experience for myself and my other co-workers
Pros
enjoyed the working environment
Cons
not enough shifts
Fast-paced but fun environment
Babies "R" Us Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 February 2016
The environment at Toys "R" Us was rather fun and exciting, being able to see the new offers that come out each week. It was fast-paced but employees were always willing to teach and help. My co-workers were lovely people who made the experience much more comfortable. The management did touch on a sensitive topic for me that was out of my control, but it was resolved fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on everyone's faces.
Pros
Half an hour lunches
Cons
Sometimes had to work 9-10 hours
fun place during the holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 February 2016
a good amount of work
the co-workers were very friendly
the costumers were very fun to help
loved seeing the children having fun with the toys
Adequate
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 February 2016
Working at Toys R Us was adequate for me only because it was during the Christmas holidays and some days became more stressful than others. I did not have a great chance of being hired afterwards due to the fact that they kept all their old employees and were not looking for other new ones. They were okay at balancing my school work with my shifts but sometimes it was hard to switch.
Good if your in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 February 2016
Not easy to move up the ladder,pay sucks and hours are bad unless your in school. The people are ok to work with. you get a 15% disscount
Pros
people are good to work with
Cons
Managemnt ask a lot and they don't talk to each other very much
Productive and fun workplace with bad managers.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2016
A typical day at Toys 'R' Us would be restocking toys half of the time and helping customers the other half. I learned how to communicate better with people since the job requires you to help customers. The managers at the store were not the nicest and did not give me proper training for the job and didn't pay me on my first day (training day). The co-workers were very friendly, and very respectful. The hardest part of the job was having to restock the toys because there was just so many toys out of place that it took a long time before we got everything organized and was allowed to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and making them feel wanted and respected.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, 15% discount on everything in the store, co-workers were respectful and friendly.
Cons
Long hours, walking around a lot, managers, dealing with rude customers.
Good overall
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Merivale, ON8 February 2016
Working nights was not as hard as i thought it would be, i was mostly working in the lego section and that was favorite spot to work. the hours were good and the pay was good to, coworkers were friendly and the mangers were nice.
Pros
15% discount
toys r us summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2016
although this was a seasonal contract I Loved this employment.
the management was actually very well and customers were fun as were the employees.
Productive yet entertaining
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2016
A normal day is : Arrive. meeting, go to work ( grab a cart, see what needs to be refilled and go find the correct items, if none are present, put different ones out and replace price tags)
Pros
2 half hour breaks, friendly people