Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

working the back
Warehouse labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 December 2016
I really enjoyed working for toys r us as one of their 500s (warehouse) the hours were right and awesome Co workers just not enough minutes for lunch.
Pros
awesome people
Cons
not enough break time
Fun Envoirnment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 January 2014
Working at ToysRUs was definitely a great experience as it made you learn about managing different tasks at the same time as well as having great customer experience. Weather dealing with an upset customer or seeing a child so excited about a toy, it was for sure a learning experience. Management could of been better as different managers were on different pages. For example, one manager would say this is how you do something, and the other would then come back and yell at you for doing it wrong. Regardless, all management were kind and caring.
Pros
working with children, working with toys all day
Cons
sometimes long hours, not many raises, or acknowledgement for good work
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
Volunteering at Toy's R Us, gave me that social experience with customers, also gave me that experience with stocking the shelves and price tagging. Toy's R Us is a very welcoming, fun, and safe workplace. Toy's R Us has great employees, all employees were welcoming to me, when I was doing my volunteer work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
small store
it's a fun place to work however it is far from where i live
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
if you are going to be the main cashier be prepared to multi-task. You seriously need to familiarize the store so you can directly help the customers. Also be familiar with toys. The hardest part of the job is just it is almost an hour bus ride from my home. The enjoyable part is seeing the children or customers leaving the store happy and my co-workers are fun to work with.
Pros
fun to work
Cons
prepare to sell
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 December 2016
Cashiers assist Toys R Us managers with customer satisfaction and work to leave every customer satisfied with the toy shopping experience.friendly co- workers .great manegment
Great love working here
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
It's awesome. Fora part time job I have really enjoyed working here while I have been in school. I recommend it for a starter.
So much fun
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 November 2016
Best job i EVER had, so much fun, great people and happy customers, how could you not have fun at a toy store!? i woke up everyday excited to go into work :)
hard working place, people respect efficient worker
Full-time Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 October 2016
very hard working place, dont care about job safety, people have some racism attitude to asian people. benefit ok, too many temps, not willing to hire more fulltimer
Managers and directors
Babies r us (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
Working at toys r u terrible place to work for managers are rude awful hours sucks directors need to actually do something
FUN- tastic Workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick13 September 2016
Working at Toys R Us, I worked as a cashier, worked in the electronic area and would also stock shelves. The amount of happy children coming in there made my job easy, but it was when the children had to leave the store and would get upset; usually throw toys on their way out. No matter how fun this job may of been, it was also a difficult job at times as well.
Seasonal warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 November 2016
Great place to work. I Recommend it to anyone who applies. Had allot of fun in a professional way working there. Worked warehouse.
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
Corporate office is a great place to work. They put in a lot of effort to create a work life balance. There is no politics or back stabbing. It is like a close society where everyone knows everybody.
Positive work environment
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2015
. Typical day at work consists of coming in for night shift and unloading the tractor trailer, so colleagues can put product out on the floor.
. Toys R us has a positive and welcoming company culture.
. Management are very laid back and always try to accommodate staff.
. Hardest part of the job is getting the truck unloaded before the end of the shift.
. Most enjoyable part of the job is playing with the toys on down time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Working Night, and low wages
productive and fun work enviroment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 December 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
great people
productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  jane and steeles17 August 2016
when i started working at toys r us the people were friendly the co workers helped each other.if someone didnt know how to do something we took the time to show them. the hardest part for me is when i started working there and i need to learn how to use the machine.the most enjoyable time for me was when we had luchins
Pros
nice staff
Cons
lost of lifting
Fun place productive and carreer development
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2014
It has been one of the best company I worked with. Training re provided in all aspect of store management level personality and working habits to customer care and services.

Treating people with respect and admiring skills and talents with little small rewards which is very meaningful, one's value in the team. I was well compensated as a new be in the company. This is the reason why I wanted to work with Toys R US again if given a chance.

There's fun in both work and personnel interactive coaching and mentoring. Leadership skill are well develop with different in house programs.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
long hours but it pays
Great staff and always busy.
Cashier/Floor Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed how busy and fast paced it was. Great co-workers and management. Everyday you're always learning.
Productive and fun workplace with bad managers.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2016
A typical day at Toys 'R' Us would be restocking toys half of the time and helping customers the other half. I learned how to communicate better with people since the job requires you to help customers. The managers at the store were not the nicest and did not give me proper training for the job and didn't pay me on my first day (training day). The co-workers were very friendly, and very respectful. The hardest part of the job was having to restock the toys because there was just so many toys out of place that it took a long time before we got everything organized and was allowed to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and making them feel wanted and respected.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, 15% discount on everything in the store, co-workers were respectful and friendly.
Cons
Long hours, walking around a lot, managers, dealing with rude customers.
Fun Work place
Outdoor Area (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2013
A Day in Toys R us called Midnight madness so busy day with lot of people coming for shopping and lots of deliveries to make to customers. One thing I learned on that day was work is work Praise your work take every thing that comes in your way and enjoy it and take 1 thing at the time and finish it and go after another one. hardest part of the job was some time lot of pick up comes at same time so you have to keep tack with it. Management and co -workers have good understanding to take care of it so good and enjoy to work.
Pros
lunch break and 2 fifteen minutes break for refreshment
Cons
8 hour shifts
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
This job is great if you'd like to learn how to perform tasks in a extremely busy environment. It's helped me improve my customer service, organizational and most importantly time management skills a lot. I've enjoyed being around kids very much as well as some of my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.