Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Productive and hardworking.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
I worked at Toys R Us during the Christmas holidays and it was extremely busy. You'll have to depend on a lot of your co-workers to help you calm a situation down, and help you find a item.
Amazing Place
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 March 2017
It was fun working here as I get to help kids pick their toys. I got to play with some of the toys every clean up. Good place to work for students. Thx : )
Good for gaining experience working with the public
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
Managers make the environment, although it varies greatly from store to store.
Good opportunity for experiences and building skill set.
Fun for a first job or through post secondary.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Opportunities can be stagnant at times
Seasonal position
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 March 2017
Working a Toys R'US was like any typical retail job. No benefits, low salary but the workload wasn't bad at all. There was pressure to sell warranty plans and donations for charity.
fast paced work enviroment
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
working with Toys R Us was an amazing job with lots of room for advancement. I started off as a Cashier, and worked up to being a stock associate at night for more money, overall a great company
Pros
interesting job
Cons
long hours of standing
Fun and exciting place to work with lots of learning on a daily basis
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 March 2017
Fun and exciting place to work with lots of learning on a daily basis. Given opportunity to learn multiple positions and work independently as well as within a team settnig helping customers and achieve daily goals.
Toy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 March 2017
This was only to help out during the Holidays for a month. It was fun to help out customers on finding what they were looking for. I would clean and tidy the isles and put back returns. At the end of the night, i would be re-organizing the whole store for the next day.
Pros
Good amount of breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and active place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
Super active and truly an awesome place to work, management was kind and really nice. Liked seeing all the happy faces coming in the my work place. Hardest part of my work is the long hours i had put on my feet but i was still able to go in everyday i had to work.
Pros
great co-workers and great management.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON18 March 2017
Working With Toys r us is a really good experience. I also feel like I'm part of the team and I'm helping a lot of customers as well too.
I learned a lot from toy r us and how the employees do things too.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 March 2017
Great work environment and lots of room to grow within the company. ................
L'ambiance
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC9 March 2017
L'ambiance est vraiment bonne les employer sont a leur affaires et personne t'envoie promener
Pros
travailler a la caisse
Cons
Prendre des clients mécontent
Fun
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 March 2017
Fun place to work, nice people to work with, team bonding by having meetings before opening and after closing time, a lot of team spirit and management was very useful.
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 March 2017
Nice place to work, had surgery and other medical problems and gave doctors notes for whenever I missed time, and they still laid me off. The nice part was co-workers became basically really good friends because you spent so much time with one another.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Not flexible with school
No thanks for hard, dependable workers-rules change daily
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 March 2017
The morning starts with a pep talk-never gives you pep, usually depresses you. You learn new things every day, even after 6 years on the floor. Management is inconsistent-they make up the rules as they go along, not one knows what the other is doing, makes it very frustrating for their employees. They change mangement like you change your underwear. Good jobs are not really acknowledged, but anything bad bites you immediately-whether you actually did it, or not. The associates are really nice, fun people in general, you have to be in the click. The hardest part of the job is working alone most of the time-customer service is hard to deliver if there's only one of you. They don't care! The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving. They even make that stressful by checking your bag and taking their time to do that-once you've already punched out
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long hours, inconsistant managing, no incentives
It was pretty all right
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 March 2017
I was a cashier and the only person who made the job semi un-enjoyable was one of the mangers who was just an a*s to absolutely everyone. I stood a lot and it was making me sore but the people were always nice. The hours weren't great though, I didn't have much of a life.
Productive and a fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC1 March 2017
Everyone there is really nice and helpful. The managers are always there to help you and will not get mad at you if you make a mistake. The hardest part of the job was when it was around Christmas time, there were huge line ups and people that were getting impatient, so you have to work fast.
Great environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON1 March 2017
Toys'R'Us is a great place to work if you're looking for a part time job. The staff is very welcoming and helpful to all new employees. I was very comfortable from the minute I started working there.
Pros
Cons
Part time
Seaonal Postion at Toys'r'us
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 February 2017
I worked as a seasonal employee for Toys'r'us for the 2016 winter season. It was a retail position that I was quite familiar with. It helped me build my customer service skills as I was frequently answering phones and dealing with returns. The store was very busy and the line-ups very long in the Christmas season, it had me dealing with upset customers more often than other retail stores.
Cons
Very disorginzed management
very fun place to work and to know alot of toys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
i learn at Toy R US where alot of toys has alot of background story and valve to them. i enjoyed helping alot of customers find alot of things in on there list for there children and giving them alittle background of my story to share to their like spin top and how big it become and having its own tournament. The hardest part about the job was trying to find where most of the toys goes back when people try to return them.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
putting back the toy where it belong
Challenging but fun work experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2017
With the right tools and training given, this position/job are a great place to be. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. All programs necessary are easy to understand and pick up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.