Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun place
night crew (Former Employee), markhamJuly 10, 2015
would restock learning section or the section assigned to me then sweep the store
learned how to use big blue its a ladder
the hardest part was learning how to throw more than one thing at a time
Toys R us workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
The workplace was very fun and enjoyable with all the co workers and all these new toys. I have learnt to work under pressure at this job because of demand of business around christmas season. The management is very supportive and understaing with alll kind of situtaions.
Every day is a new experience
Part time sales associate / cashier (Former Employee), Cederbrae Mall, Toronto OntarioJune 27, 2015
Pros: really close, free food, work events, and discounts
Cons: long shifts, always tiring
a typical day at Toys'R'Us has always been unique because every day you are doing something different. Your duty can range from working at a till, to being a floor associate, or merchandising, or loading trucks for shipment. I've learned how to handle busy environments, and a lot of customers. It was really hard to work double shifts when an employee is not available and the schedule for hours were not that great for me depending on the season. I enjoyed working with my employees and the staff was full of very unique and outgoing individuals.
productive tiering smilling place.
Customer Service (Current Employee), St.Laurent Ottawa. On.June 10, 2015
Pros: free junk food
Cons: not enough trainning
it is a demanding job very relaxed with and underlining strain. customers are understanding and sometimes expect too much from you. Managers are there when you call them but never visible otherwise. Staff seem happy but show disinterest in there job at times. overall they are very close knit and come together in time of need. The most enjoyable part of my job is the stock room and replenishing the store the hardest part is the constant price checking.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, close to walk to
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day at work consisted of working the till, stocking shelves, making everything look neat.
I learned how to operate the till and how to be with costumers.
The management was great and the co-workers were splendid.
The hardest part of this job was trying to reach the shelves and the most enjoyable part was interacting with costumers.
Toys R us
Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 4, 2015
Pros: Fun People
Cons: Mean parents
I would be either serving countless customers or organizing shelves, it was a very fast paced job. I learned a whole new register system and that was pretty exciting because it was very simple to work with. Management were very kind and strict at the same time they were okay with colored hair that i had at the time but not okay with piercings yet they were very understanding to those who had them also very good with customers and the employees very helpful staff. The co-workers were very awesome they included everyone in everything even random conversations we had at lunch, yet some were unsettled by the new register mechanics but asked for help when they needed and did not hesitate. The hardest part of the job would probably be putting the toys away in correct spot because there were so many of them. The most enjoyable part was seeing all the smiling faces on both kid and adult it truly is a magical store.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Vaudreul, QuebecJune 1, 2015
The work days always felt short because it was a fun and interesting work environment. The managers would always walk around with large smiles on their face and were always ready to help any employee that was having a difficult time. I became friends with quite few of my co-workers because everyone was really nice and helpful.
Great place for short term experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
Great to work there, some days harder then others. Overall great experience for a new person to working in a warehouse. Co workers were great, meeting new people.
Amazing place to work
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 21, 2015
Had many opportunities and had amazing staff. Friendly environment and loved going into work every morning. Advancement opportunities and customer service was great. I learned a lot about products and other services tanning has to offer
Quick to judge
Sales and operations manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: understanding
I went through a separation and was looked at as a weak manager. My leaders had no sympathy for me and could not understand that I lost the one I loved
My Favourite Job
Key Holder (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 19, 2015
I loved working for Toys R Us Express! I was heart broken when the main store decided to close our little store! I worked with three other people, that were the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with! I had the most amazing boss, who I still maintain a friendship with after the store closed.
I learned a lot and handled a lot of situations on my own or with the help of my teammates!
the worst
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: nothing
i hated working ehre so much, i was only seasonal but i kept in touch with other who worked there longer than i did and we all said the same thing, manaement was the worst, they were very rude ad inconsiderate to us and very unfriendly. getting very angry over little mistakes and seemed unwilling to help us when we needed it. i never got to know my co workers very well but they all seemed nice.`
Good starter job
CLERK AND CASHIER (Current Employee), 9908 170 StreetMay 11, 2015
Good to build up experience with customer service.
Good staff.
Easy and outgoing managers
Very flexible schedules.
Decent pay
Okay as a seasonal job but not very fun otherwise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work was pretty much walking around, helping customers, organizing and straightening items on the shelves and making sure all toys were in the right place. I learned how to interact with customers and I also learned a few organizational skills. Management was okay, but they didn't seem to want to help their workers much. My co-workers were pretty cool, a lot of them felt the same way about their job as I did so we got along alright. The hardest part of the job for sure was dealing with customers constantly. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was Christmas time so there were always a ton of people asking questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to co-workers and also being around toys and games constantly.
It was great
Cashier (Former Employee), allMay 6, 2015
i loved working there however I wish not selling enough charity and protection plans didnt affect my hours but that's okay i still enjoyed it
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse/Night Shift (Former Employee), OakvilleMay 6, 2015
Toys R Us was a great place to work, reasonable hours, fun work, and great co-workers. Work days were a good workout with the manual labor involved.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2015
People were great, and fun to work with. The work wasn't so physically demanding. Learnt a lot especially for university studies.
Highly productive
Assist customers (Former Employee), Pickering OntarioApril 29, 2015
Pros: Lunch break, discount on items at the store
Cons: Not many shifts, short hours
Typical day at work would be greeting customers and cashing them through. Assisting customers in directing them to the right aisle they are looking for.
I learned plenty of sales techniques from other co-workers.
Management was ok.
Co-workers some were very competitive, as others were very down to earth and I made plenty of healthy work relationships and we helped each other in sales. Helped others as a team.
Hardest part of the job was The BBP sales, warrants that covered what the manufacturers warranty did not cover.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing other co-workers, greeting customers and making their shopping as easy and as quick as possible.
Basically fired for needing light duties
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 29, 2015
I received an injury that was not clear if it was job related. My doctor requested light duties and all of my hours were cut.
Great Place to Begin
Cashier, Customer Service, Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Cookstown Outlet MallApril 28, 2015
Toys R Us was a wonderful opportunity to start my learning of retail. I dealt with all kinds of customers, as kids can be bought for by anybody. I would stock shelves, be a cashier, and give a hand to all associates and managers that asked. Management was a key factor in my decision to work there as they all were people who deserved and returned respect daily. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers who insistently tried to trick myself and management into getting a better deal, whether by moving shelf tags or telling us, "It was posted as cheaper!" Of course, these customers were dealt with through pleasant manners and respectable ways. The most enjoyable was the coworkers and management staff, as no matter how long the shift it always felt like a short day!
Headquarters