Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad. Really bad. Don't work here.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
You'd get to work, sign in, if it's busy you go to a till right away, if not you reshop or piece. Or clean. That's all fine and dandy, however, you WILL get yelled at if you don't do something right because you weren't trained to the extent you needed to me. Managment needs to get their stuff together and train their employees better. My co-workers were normally great, however if you're new, and don't know how to do something, don't bother asking. Hardest part of the job? knowing that you weren't trained properly and needed help, but being too scared to say so when the managers will yell at you.
Unorganized, Zero Communication
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONNovember 18, 2015
I received no training - when asking for help management would push you aside and do it. I learned nothing.
Managers did not communicate. When completing a task for one manager another would come and ask why you were doing it and tell you to stop.
Got called a liar because no one I asked wanted to pay extra for a protection plan or a donation so I must not have asked at all.
Break room was disgusting, store is unorganized, managers are rude and treat you as just a number not an employee. It's no wonder there's such a huge turnover. Very disappointed in my experience there. TRU lost an employee and a customer.
Toys R US
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 11, 2015
Significantly skilled in providing prompt and friendly customer service, motivated and knowledgeable to receive and mechanize products in designated areas in front facing manner to increase sales, Able to establish high and efficient numbers in selling products, Works efficiently on computer to find products and establish orders online.
It`s a terrible place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2015
On my orientation, the supervisor yelled at me for trying to assist someone who needed help with completing the paperwork. The overall cleanliness of the break room was terrible as well(it had a strange odour, the lockers were disgusting). Furthermore, hours depend on how many `quotas`you complete for the day. You basically have to harass people to buy a protection plan for toys. Terrible.
Pros
Getting paid
Very Fun
Cashier/Baby Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBNovember 2, 2015
Working at Toys R us was great. The atmosphere is very fun, the staff and management team is great. You are surrounded by toys during your entire shift so it makes it very hard to have a bad shift.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, and great staff
Cons
Very busy during the holidays
horrible
500's/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 27, 2015
worst place to work, managers take advantage of you all the time and they usually only hire younger kids 14-15 because they are unaware of their workers rights. Never stepping foot in another toys r us again
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Toys R Us was an excellent place to work
Forecast analyst (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 26, 2015
I worked for Toys R Us for 14 years and learned a lot. It is a great company to work for and I had the pleasure to work with such amazing people. I've had many different positions from working at the store to moving up at the office and with each one I gained more experience which would help me move up within the company. I made many relationships and am so thankful at having the opportunity to grow and learn.
conservative
Labour Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 15, 2015
Very conservative work culture. Need to hire from outside to bring in new ideas from time to time. Very little opportunity for learning.
Terrible place.
Sales Associate, Stocking shelves (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 4, 2015
Toys 'R' Us is an okay job if you're just starting out. The Managers do not communicate and they will get mad at you if you do a task another manager has asked you to do. Employees harass and make fun of other employees and management even does it sometimes. Terrible place.
Cons
Managers do not communicate, employees get away with harassment
Great place to work at; I learned a lot
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 1, 2015
Started work at 7am and had to make sure that i got to my station in time. Throughout the day I had various jobs to do that required lifting and making sure that each individual item was labelled properly and placed in the area to be shipped to the correct stores.

I learned the importance of being thorough because placing an item in the wrong place can mean that it is getting shipped to the wrong store that could potentially be on the other side of town. Also I was instructed to ensure that the shipping labels matched the items that were being ship to the various stores.

The management was ran smoothly. Although the managers were always busy due to the environment they were in, there were never and fight or mishaps. However, when the managers were in need they were always willing to assist you.

The greatest part of the job were the co-workers because, although the work was tiring and and sometimes stressful, the environment and the people around you help the days to go by easier.
Pros
paid breaks
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary abSeptember 30, 2015
Overall great place to work, loved everything about it. such a fun work environment. Staff was great and easy to get along with.
Great Co-op Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 13, 2015
There was never a dull moment at this Toys R Us location. The staff was focused, friendly, and made learning the job easy. I restocked shelves, and aided customers often. Great customers, and staff. Would love to be more than just a co-op student.
Productive fun workplace
Warehouse Maintenance/Sales floor and cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 11, 2015
Supportive community of hard working dedicated co workers
fun work place with supportive management
Easy to focus on the task at hand and leave work feeling accomplished
Pros
Social and Accepting
Cons
Hard to take breaks
I wouldn't suggest it unless you really need a job
Floor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
It was a regular part time job with less than 20 minutes of training unless you work cash, most managers were friendly although some were unreasonable
Cons
Low flexibility
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2015
If you can manage with the low pay it can be a great place to work and make friends. The staff is easy to get along with and experience in their respective fields
Productive and fun place to work
Sales person (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONSeptember 4, 2015
A typical day at work is communicating with customers in a fast pasted environment. Also communicating with a great team. The hardest part is the heavy lifting
Productive, and team orientated
A/P Merchandise Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord OntarioAugust 31, 2015
The management was mostly team orientated, and all departments worked well together. The benefits and pay were fair, and they always hired from within. Hardest part of all was "season" but the company seemed appreciative off all efforts.
Pros
Got to see up and coming new products
Cons
Long hours in winter months
I loved the customer service aspect of working there
seasonal cashier/christmas (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 21, 2015
My typical day at Toys R Us, was all about the people, I was front line customer service, I learned how to multitask, deal with customer issues/concerns. I learned how to manage my time efficiently, my co workers were an amazing team, I feel I brought a lot to that team. The hardest part of my job was the fact it was seasonal, and it had to come to an end. The most enjoyable part of my job, was working with the public and my co workers.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
n/a
Fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here, it was fun, stress free and a nice relaxing job.
You get to stay up to date on all the new toys and fads, making you the best parent, aunt/uncle in the world.
Every day at work is a new day which brings with it new and exciting challenges.
Pros
Discount on toys if you have children, nieces/nephews
Cons
The majority of the staff is quite lazy, so if you're a hard worker, expect to feel out of place.
*please see resume
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 17, 2015
My responsibilities at this work place were to open and close the store occasionally; this shows my responsibility and trust I created in a short time with my employers. In addition, part of my job was also to help new or soon to be new mothers and fathers through stressful choices and help these individuals to find products that would property suit their life style. In this job I was also faced with having to deal with customer service which allowed me to work with many different individuals who were upset or had an issue with a product or person in the store, this job taught me how to diffuse different types of situations and find solutions that made the customer satisfied as well as the store