Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at ToysRus, nice people to work with and a very good work experience for myself and my other co-workers
Pros
enjoyed the working environment
Cons
not enough shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  EdmontonAugust 11, 2015
I was hired here on a seasonal contract. I absolutely loved working here, was sad to go. Typical day was just on the till. We made competitions with other coworkers on how many sales, BPPs and donations to the Stollery or Autism Works we could get. Sometimes you get sent to the floor which is nice to be walking a bit. Management were awesome and very accommodating. My co workers were amazing too. I seriously loved that job.

The hardest part was probably dealing with customers. It was over the christmas holiday so no one wanted to buy protection plans (BPPs) which they did push you to get.

The most enjoyable part was everything else; 3 breaks a day, water, discount, sometimes lunch is bought, I got a pay rise a week after working there. Everything is great.
Pros
3 breaks, sometimes free lunch, discount, management
Cons
cranky holiday customers
a typical day is cashing out clients
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday and making the children and expecting mother's feel good. sharing in the excitement of an upcoming birth or even a new baby down to the adults who want to activate the child in them.
Retail Employeer
Oracle Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) DBA (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 25, 2016
As TRU is retail organization with sales margin in mind - salaries are marginal as well, but work environment provide good balance of work and life.
fun place during the holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 12, 2016
a good amount of work
the co-workers were very friendly
the costumers were very fun to help
loved seeing the children having fun with the toys
a typical day in the life of Toysrus
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work involved either opening or closing the store. When opening you would count all the cashes, walk the floor and make a list for the team each day. Morning meetings to get the team all on the same page for the work day ahead. We resolved customer issues when needed, lots of customer service and shipping and receiving.

I learnt a lot at this job. Cash experience, accounting, resolving customer issues efficiently, working as a team. being a team player, merchandising, shipping and receiving, scheduling, payroll and much more.

The management team and staff were great to work with. The hardest part was training everyone to merchandise the same way as not everyone sees everything the same. But on the flip side the most enjoyable part was teaching new and old workers how to merchandise and working along side members of the staff.
Pros
different everyday
Cons
job work/family balance
It was a fun enviroment to work in.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Toys 'R' Us was a fun place to work at, because the people were so welcoming, and super nice!
Also because I got to see children everyday!
My review
Rzone electronics sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work at I was hired seasonal. Got to work with a great staff and learn new skills and become more optimistic for any future employment with toys r us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I was hired seasonal and never kept
Too little pay for too much work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 29, 2016
It's the easiest and the hardest job I've ever hard. Most costumers are difficult all the time, and sales metrics are not on comision.
Enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
At Toys 'R' Us, the most enjoyable part was the environment, everyone worked as a team. My days consisted of helping customers around the store, finding items in the back, and carrying heavy loads.
Toys R Us was an excellent place to work
Forecast analyst (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 26, 2015
I worked for Toys R Us for 14 years and learned a lot. It is a great company to work for and I had the pleasure to work with such amazing people. I've had many different positions from working at the store to moving up at the office and with each one I gained more experience which would help me move up within the company. I made many relationships and am so thankful at having the opportunity to grow and learn.
Very Fun
Cashier/Baby Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBNovember 2, 2015
Working at Toys R us was great. The atmosphere is very fun, the staff and management team is great. You are surrounded by toys during your entire shift so it makes it very hard to have a bad shift.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, and great staff
Cons
Very busy during the holidays
fun coworkers and supervisors
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
disarmed, and arm my booth, deal with customers who want to exchange their products, clean booth, count money and stock products
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only weekends
It`s a terrible place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2015
On my orientation, the supervisor yelled at me for trying to assist someone who needed help with completing the paperwork. The overall cleanliness of the break room was terrible as well(it had a strange odour, the lockers were disgusting). Furthermore, hours depend on how many `quotas`you complete for the day. You basically have to harass people to buy a protection plan for toys. Terrible.
Pros
Getting paid
Conflicting managment very inconsistant
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCJuly 21, 2015
Overall the company was pretty good to work for but there are some poor Managers in key positions and a lot of the stress falls to lesser paid middle management and supervisors. Poor value given to associates and inconsistent training for newer associates. Too much penny pinching and profit margin focus. No where near enough associates to run most full size stores affectively. When corporate representatives would visit budgets would be blown to impress the visitor but in no way would they ever see the true day to day operations of the company.
Pros
Happy kids and interaction with people
Cons
Poorly operated and inconsistant
Toy store
Overnight SFS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
hanging out with team and completing tasks given, proper use of time, and ability to talk to manager about anything, if issues did arise they were quick to resolve.
Pros
Discounts!!!!
Cons
Over night
Very great environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2015
I enjoy every shift I work at Toys R Us. The workers are great and the supervisors are great. The midnight supervisor is very understanding and has a great attitude that helps everyone. He makes a great environment to work in and it rubs off on everyone else.
Friendly place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Friendly out going positive. It was fun working with the staff and being able to help customer with what they are looking for
Terrible place.
Sales Associate, Stocking shelves (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 4, 2015
Toys 'R' Us is an okay job if you're just starting out. The Managers do not communicate and they will get mad at you if you do a task another manager has asked you to do. Employees harass and make fun of other employees and management even does it sometimes. Terrible place.
Cons
Managers do not communicate, employees get away with harassment
Highly productive
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering OntarioApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work would be greeting customers and cashing them through. Assisting customers in directing them to the right aisle they are looking for.
I learned plenty of sales techniques from other co-workers.
Management was ok.
Co-workers some were very competitive, as others were very down to earth and I made plenty of healthy work relationships and we helped each other in sales. Helped others as a team.
Hardest part of the job was The BBP sales, warrants that covered what the manufacturers warranty did not cover.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing other co-workers, greeting customers and making their shopping as easy and as quick as possible.
Pros
Lunch break, discount on items at the store
Cons
Not many shifts, short hours