Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

I didnt like it.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2016
While most of the employees were people I would consider friends, managemental wasn't entirely nice to me, I didn't get any breaks, and I would do the same thing over and over again.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Didnt get paid like i should.
was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 September 2016
a typical day at work was coming in unloading the truck putting all the toys on the dolly's to stock the shelves also assisting customers who sought help in the store.
FUN- tastic Workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick13 September 2016
Working at Toys R Us, I worked as a cashier, worked in the electronic area and would also stock shelves. The amount of happy children coming in there made my job easy, but it was when the children had to leave the store and would get upset; usually throw toys on their way out. No matter how fun this job may of been, it was also a difficult job at times as well.
Can be fun if you care less about hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 September 2016
They will use you until they feel you are no longer an asset, no matter how hard you work. Then your hours go down the hole..
They only care about numbers and how good you can make management look. Other than that they really don't give a stink about their employees. Do them favors and you get nothing in return.
If you are looking for steady hours, this is not the place to be.
Store is so unorganized and scheduling is brutally bad. Customers complain all the time that there is NO employees on the floor.
When there is shortage on the floor (which is often) they expect you to be a machine and do everything.
There is no training for anything other than working cash.
Do not work here!!
BTW the one thing I guess I learned working there is I trained myself to get less frustrated and more patient. I cannot say the same for many others that quit.
Pros
meeting new firend's. finding something a child is looking for and putting a smile on their face.
Cons
some management. hours are too up and down. Christmas time offers good hours, but trust me it is not worth it. People are rude, you run around stressing yourself too death, and they dump you end of season.
it's a fun place to work however it is far from where i live
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
if you are going to be the main cashier be prepared to multi-task. You seriously need to familiarize the store so you can directly help the customers. Also be familiar with toys. The hardest part of the job is just it is almost an hour bus ride from my home. The enjoyable part is seeing the children or customers leaving the store happy and my co-workers are fun to work with.
Pros
fun to work
Cons
prepare to sell
productive, great employees, large breakroom
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 August 2016
typical day at work would involve working cash, customer service, and on the floor. This was my first job so I learned many different things. Hardest part of the job would be working during the holidays. Most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
good people
productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  jane and steeles17 August 2016
when i started working at toys r us the people were friendly the co workers helped each other.if someone didnt know how to do something we took the time to show them. the hardest part for me is when i started working there and i need to learn how to use the machine.the most enjoyable time for me was when we had luchins
Pros
nice staff
Cons
lost of lifting
Sales
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 August 2016
Working at toys r us helped me deal with customer service and to work under pressure in stressful times. I was a seasonal associate for the christmas time which meant a very busy season. Hardest part was learning each section and the deals going on for the day, but I'm very good with dealing and talking to customers and learning quickly.
Great work atmosphere
Bike Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 August 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Toys R Us as a bike sales leader, I have been given allowed independence in organizing priorities and maintaining good work standards.
Pros
friendly, positive atmosphere
Cons
little recognition for continued hard work
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 August 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges to look forward to.
Friendly environment whilst professional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges which is what I look forward to.
Loved coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC3 August 2016
The time period that I worked there, was very busy and we had a lot of pressure. I had too many hours throughout the week and weekend with school. Although I loved my coworkers, I made many new friends.
Pros
Friends
Boring
STOCK WORKER/BIKE BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 July 2016
Employees and Customers are grumpy. They start cutting hours if they want to get rid of you. Pay is mediocre. Managers aren't very friendly. Some employees are friendly some seem like they're always having a bad day.
Pros
Cons
The store has a boring vibe
Standard sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2016
-No commission causes for lax environment but no chance at extra pay for effort
-Standard retail management, few going above and beyond
-Making clients happy is the best part
-Hardest part is satisfying angry clients
Typical Retail Position
Merchandising & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 July 2016
Very hectic during the peak shopping seasons (Christmas). Job is secure; however, not much opportunity for quick advancement in the company. Based solely on seniority, not on skills or work ethic.
Busy and fun work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 July 2016
Management is very thoughtful and considerate to employees. Annual raises and optional benefits, as well as scholarship opportunities. There are "measurables" that employees are expected to meet, which places some unnecessary pressure. Product is fun, and coworkers keep a good attitude and are very friendly. Can be quite disorganized in the store at times, and customers often complained.
Pros
close food court, kitchen
Cons
schedule is posted last minute
good experience of work knowlodge
Gérant (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC10 July 2016
every day is a new experience. New toys, new customer every day. Plenty of sale on a weekly basis and a great Baby experience..
Toy Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 July 2016
Working at Toys R us was really amazing, people were friendly, come on its a toy store, who doesn't love that.
CO workers were ok, young teens working there, breath of fresh air.
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 July 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.
Great staff and always busy.
Cashier/Floor Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed how busy and fast paced it was. Great co-workers and management. Everyday you're always learning.

76%