Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Fun place with wonderful people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Enjoyable workplace with great coworkers and managers. There was always work to be done, and someone was always there if you needed help. Hardest part of the job was looking for specific items for customers. The most enjoyable was working alongside amazing people.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 January 2017
Easy going, good work hours, accommodating to your schedule, friendly co-workers and management
a good place to work part-time/full-time
Fun, high engery
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 January 2017
Toys R us was my first job, i learned many skills from this job. From cash transactions to my great customer service. It was a very high energy job especially when Christmas came.
Friendly working atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
A typical day at work would include me assisting customers , also taking customer calls over the phone. Additionally I have to help customers with carry outs, such cribs, strollers, trampolines, dresser, etc.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
Great place to work. I loved my time there - I was able to learn valuable skills from the hardworking and dedicated staff.
if you liked highschool youll love Toys R US
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Co-workers and management was a complete joke at the location I worked for. Definitely favoritism going on and a lot of childish games.
Awesome Winter Temp Experience
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2017
Although I was a winter temp,I really loved the staff, and atmosphere. The winter rush wasn't so stressful because of awesome organization with line management. The management there work their butts of and you feel a lot more motivated seeing their involvement and lead by example.
Volunteered
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 January 2017
As part of my co-op work term while at Emily Carr gr. 11, I was hired as a Stock Clerk, and was involved in restocking shelves with inventory, scanning codes to update inventory levels, assisted customers with sourcing products on shelves, and was involved in general organization within the stock room and throughout the store.
Pros
Open environment
Cons
Wasn't on payroll
Miserable Experince
Supervisor/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
At first everything was great. They were able to work around what I needed for scheduling and everyone was fantastic to work with.

Now it's all become downhill. The managers won't listen to criticism when it is given and any sort of discussion turns into a Manager against the Employee situation. Even when trying to bring issues up further to HR, they seem to treat it the exact same way.
Amazing people to work with and for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 December 2016
Always on the go, helping customers, creating a happy fun environment for the customers. Management is awesome always around when you need a hand. Co-workers are super fun people to work with. My hardest part of my job will be leaving when the season is finished. Most enjoyable part of my job all the babies I get to see.
Pros
Amazing people to work with and for
Good staff
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2016
Pretty good overall, a good coworkers and management. Hours are ok but shift exchanges are easy, for more hours. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with coworkers and the friends i have made there.
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
not enough ours sometimes
Productive and enjoyable place to be employed at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON27 December 2016
environment very easily adapted to. Easy group to work with, overall good place to be employed. Learned a variety about toys and baby products. Management is very accommodating and understanding,
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 December 2016
- Busy all the time
- Learned to adapt to change and embrace it
- Learned how to work well under stress
- Hardest part is trying to stay focused on 9 hour shifts on cash while the store is crazy busy.
working the back
Warehouse labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 December 2016
I really enjoyed working for toys r us as one of their 500s (warehouse) the hours were right and awesome Co workers just not enough minutes for lunch.
Pros
awesome people
Cons
not enough break time
Loved working here.
Floor/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
It was my first job and my favorite job. Loved helping customers, management team was great and it really is a relaxed kind of job.
interesting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
I was a cashier and dealt with many interesting people. I learned a lot about the retail industry. I did reshop and piecing and enjoyed helping people
Pros
discount on toys
Cons
always working different shifts
productive and fun
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 December 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to create new friendships through the staff and the customers.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to know how to deal with multiple things in one call. When I get paged, along the way, there would usually be customers asking for assistance, and I wouldn't want them to feel misunderstood and ignored, so I try to help them as fast as I can before answering the page back.

The co workers were polite and they were willing to help whenever I needed them.
Pros
I get to learn how to do things fast and efficiently
Cons
Sometimes it was hard to multitask paging while I'm helping the customer.
Great love working here
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
It's awesome. Fora part time job I have really enjoyed working here while I have been in school. I recommend it for a starter.
Good working environment and good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 December 2016
Not fantastic, but a great first job to gain customer service and retail experience. Other employees are very friendly and so are the majority of the customers.
Pros
Easy firsy job, a lot of customer service experience
Cons
Management often disorganized, long hours on weekends
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 December 2016
Cashiers assist Toys R Us managers with customer satisfaction and work to leave every customer satisfied with the toy shopping experience.friendly co- workers .great manegment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.