Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive yet entertaining
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2016
A normal day is : Arrive. meeting, go to work ( grab a cart, see what needs to be refilled and go find the correct items, if none are present, put different ones out and replace price tags)
Pros
2 half hour breaks, friendly people
productive and fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at ToysRus, nice people to work with and a very good work experience for myself and my other co-workers
Pros
enjoyed the working environment
Cons
not enough shifts
fun place during the holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 12, 2016
a good amount of work
the co-workers were very friendly
the costumers were very fun to help
loved seeing the children having fun with the toys
Good
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and talking to the customer, and also learning everything about the store.
Productive fun workplace
Warehouse Maintenance/Sales floor and cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 11, 2015
Supportive community of hard working dedicated co workers
fun work place with supportive management
Easy to focus on the task at hand and leave work feeling accomplished
Pros
Social and Accepting
Cons
Hard to take breaks
a typical day is cashing out clients
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday and making the children and expecting mother's feel good. sharing in the excitement of an upcoming birth or even a new baby down to the adults who want to activate the child in them.
My review
Rzone electronics sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work at I was hired seasonal. Got to work with a great staff and learn new skills and become more optimistic for any future employment with toys r us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I was hired seasonal and never kept
Toys R us
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 4, 2015
I would be either serving countless customers or organizing shelves, it was a very fast paced job. I learned a whole new register system and that was pretty exciting because it was very simple to work with. Management were very kind and strict at the same time they were okay with colored hair that i had at the time but not okay with piercings yet they were very understanding to those who had them also very good with customers and the employees very helpful staff. The co-workers were very awesome they included everyone in everything even random conversations we had at lunch, yet some were unsettled by the new register mechanics but asked for help when they needed and did not hesitate. The hardest part of the job would probably be putting the toys away in correct spot because there were so many of them. The most enjoyable part was seeing all the smiling faces on both kid and adult it truly is a magical store.
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Mean parents
Fun place productive and carreer development
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 29, 2014
It has been one of the best company I worked with. Training re provided in all aspect of store management level personality and working habits to customer care and services.

Treating people with respect and admiring skills and talents with little small rewards which is very meaningful, one's value in the team. I was well compensated as a new be in the company. This is the reason why I wanted to work with Toys R US again if given a chance.

There's fun in both work and personnel interactive coaching and mentoring. Leadership skill are well develop with different in house programs.
Pros
great culture
Cons
long hours but it pays
It was a fun enviroment to work in.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Toys 'R' Us was a fun place to work at, because the people were so welcoming, and super nice!
Also because I got to see children everyday!
Energetic and Fast Paced
Seasonal Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2016
A typical shift during my holiday stay started at around 9:30PM or 10PM and went until at least 6:30AM. My duties included deconstructing pallets and flatcarts full of product and then moving that product from the truck bay into the aisles and onto the shelves in my section of the store. Once the truck was unloaded or there were simply no more materials to take out for my section, I would go to the aisles and begin stocking them with what I had brought out.

Speed was critical to the success of each shift, as we only had so much time to get everything unloaded and put away before the store opened, so being able to meet and exceed deadlines was an important part of the job. The aisles had to be not only stocked with product, but it had to look good for the customer too. That meant making sure displays were correct, end-caps were full and eye-catching and that the aisles and walls of product were all facing the right way to create an enticing experience for people when they came in when we opened our doors.

Other than the physical aspect of the job, the only really 'hard' part of it was keeping everything clean and organized to make the end of shift clean up of the cardboard easier. If you're reading this and are new, then make sure you stack like-sized boxes together and don't have em strung out through tons of different aisles. Keep a spare box around to toss all the little pieces of paper and cardboard into that won't just stack or are too small to mess around with at the end of a shift when you're tired. It saves so much time, even though it won't feel like it while
  more... you're breaking down your boxes as you go.

Keep in mind that this review is for work at Toys R Us in a Seasonal Night Crew position during the Holidays. Each night we had a truck coming in, and the work was fast, sweaty and sometimes painful. Management was awesome and worked right alongside the rest of the team in making sure everything got off the trucks and onto the floors in a timely manner. Everyone worked efficiently and were generally very positive and helpful. If one person finished their section early, they'd help out in a different section.

All in all, I'd say that getting on for this position really helped to make me a better, faster and more efficient worker and it was a great experience with good people.
Pros
Fast paced, time flies by, very physical work
Cons
Dust and minor cardboard/razerblade cuts while opening boxes.
It`s a terrible place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2015
On my orientation, the supervisor yelled at me for trying to assist someone who needed help with completing the paperwork. The overall cleanliness of the break room was terrible as well(it had a strange odour, the lockers were disgusting). Furthermore, hours depend on how many `quotas`you complete for the day. You basically have to harass people to buy a protection plan for toys. Terrible.
Pros
Getting paid
Enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
At Toys 'R' Us, the most enjoyable part was the environment, everyone worked as a team. My days consisted of helping customers around the store, finding items in the back, and carrying heavy loads.
Too little pay for too much work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 29, 2016
It's the easiest and the hardest job I've ever hard. Most costumers are difficult all the time, and sales metrics are not on comision.
Friendly place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Friendly out going positive. It was fun working with the staff and being able to help customer with what they are looking for
Very great environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2015
I enjoy every shift I work at Toys R Us. The workers are great and the supervisors are great. The midnight supervisor is very understanding and has a great attitude that helps everyone. He makes a great environment to work in and it rubs off on everyone else.
fun coworkers and supervisors
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
disarmed, and arm my booth, deal with customers who want to exchange their products, clean booth, count money and stock products
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only weekends
Toy store
Overnight SFS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
hanging out with team and completing tasks given, proper use of time, and ability to talk to manager about anything, if issues did arise they were quick to resolve.
Pros
Discounts!!!!
Cons
Over night
Okay as a seasonal job but not very fun otherwise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work was pretty much walking around, helping customers, organizing and straightening items on the shelves and making sure all toys were in the right place. I learned how to interact with customers and I also learned a few organizational skills. Management was okay, but they didn't seem to want to help their workers much. My co-workers were pretty cool, a lot of them felt the same way about their job as I did so we got along alright. The hardest part of the job for sure was dealing with customers constantly. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was Christmas time so there were always a ton of people asking questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to co-workers and also being around toys and games constantly.
great place to develop yourself in a professional environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2014
I have Learned so much from working at Toys R Us, one of the main ideals that has been growing to be more evident, is that I am born to be a leader. The Only thing is that there has not been a promotion for me in 4+ years. The people that become advanced, are advanced because of age, not longevity or work ethic. The hours worked around Christmas or "season" is brutal and the training is very minimal. The first season of working there, it is fun and exciting and competitive. After the thrill wears of it becomes exhausting and frustrating. The people hired are one of the main reason people stay around to work there so long, because we become family. There are the student aged associates, and the middle aged elders that all feel the same way and a real sense of camaraderie is developed in order to get through the daily struggles and hiccups that I'm sure plague any retail environment.
Pros
not micromanaged, the coworkers
Cons
long hours, lack of training, the amount of mandatory irrelevant things (bpps and e-learning)