Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time with them
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Assisted in merchandising and enjoyed being part of a team. The position was meaningful and challenging while allowing me to engage with customers and coworkers.
Toy Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 July 2016
Working at Toys R us was really amazing, people were friendly, come on its a toy store, who doesn't love that.
CO workers were ok, young teens working there, breath of fresh air.
good experience of work knowlodge
Gérant (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC10 July 2016
every day is a new experience. New toys, new customer every day. Plenty of sale on a weekly basis and a great Baby experience..
productive and fun work enviroment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 December 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
great people
Upbeat
Shipping/Receiving, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 May 2016
Toys R' Us was a fun, and upbeat place to work. It was an enjoyable place to work. Again working in a fast paced environment was good! Working at McDonald's really helped. Although it was upsetting that I wasn't allowed to be kept on due to budget restrictions was really upsetting.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not busy enough
Great place to start your career
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 April 2016
Fun place to start your career. Energetic work environment. Lots of opportunity to learn. Great training programs.Incentives for all employees.
Fun Place to work, leadership skills.
World Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
If we talk about the store, its for kids so most families with kids comes in, have good conversation about their needs. organize the store. make sure other employees following their schedule. Help customers and co-employees.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Positive work environment
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2015
. Typical day at work consists of coming in for night shift and unloading the tractor trailer, so colleagues can put product out on the floor.
. Toys R us has a positive and welcoming company culture.
. Management are very laid back and always try to accommodate staff.
. Hardest part of the job is getting the truck unloaded before the end of the shift.
. Most enjoyable part of the job is playing with the toys on down time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Working Night, and low wages
it was a good time
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 May 2016
i was only employed for seasonal, but while i worked there.. it was a fun experience and i made alot of friends there. i was laid off when the christmas season was over
Part-time job w
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
I liked working there, It was a great part-time job for someone still in school student. Don't have much to say was a long time ago but I do remember enjoying myself co-workers became friends and most of the management was great
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2016
Working at toys r us was good i enjoyed it a typical day at work was working with customers, i learned alot of people skills working here. The hardest part was when we didnt have something a customer wanted . The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look on a customers face when you had what they wanted.
Unorganized, Zero Communication
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 November 2015
I received no training - when asking for help management would push you aside and do it. I learned nothing.
Managers did not communicate. When completing a task for one manager another would come and ask why you were doing it and tell you to stop.
Got called a liar because no one I asked wanted to pay extra for a protection plan or a donation so I must not have asked at all.
Break room was disgusting, store is unorganized, managers are rude and treat you as just a number not an employee. It's no wonder there's such a huge turnover. Very disappointed in my experience there. TRU lost an employee and a customer.
It was meh
Inventory/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
I only worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas holidays. However based on how organized the schedules and management staff were I'd say there could've been a huge gap for improvement.
Pros
The work space was fun most of the time
Cons
Not nearly enough hours
Productuve and fun working there
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 March 2016
Hard but fun to help people find what they need. The hardest part is remembering where every thing is in the store. All co-workers were helpful to know what to do to find what is needed.
Pros
Getting work experince
Cons
hours are not the same day to day for part time work
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2016
I have had nothing but great experiences working for Toys R Us. The company as a whole has been wonderful to me. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Work evenings and weekends
Adequate
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 February 2016
Working at Toys R Us was adequate for me only because it was during the Christmas holidays and some days became more stressful than others. I did not have a great chance of being hired afterwards due to the fact that they kept all their old employees and were not looking for other new ones. They were okay at balancing my school work with my shifts but sometimes it was hard to switch.
fun well organized.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
Managed well with good people, younger employees.
Lots of rude people but that comes with Christmas shopping stress.
Every employee was very welcoming and friendly.
Fun Work Experiance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON2 March 2016
Seeing all of the kids come in and play with toys was one of the best parts of the job. Stocking the shelves was a daily activity but it was always a good time to see the new product coming in. Managers were very nice and understanding to employees and customers.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Short hours
Friendly and productive environment
Lead floor sales, customer service desk, cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 December 2015
A typical day is steady paced with friendly staff and management. You constantly learn about new products so that you can accurately suggest items and boost sales. The hardest part of the job is finding a suitable product when you don't have enough information on the person the item is for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes with customers enjoying the product I suggest.
Excellent for a first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2016
Co-workers were a pleasure to work with
Learned organizing techniques, how to approach customers and meet goals, place online orders/special orders for customers, lost prevention, etc.
The hardest part was meeting the required BPP sales percentage as customers were not interested regardless of how you approached them with the topic.
Pros
Decent hours, fun co-workers, friendly environment
Cons
If you don't meet the sales percentage they give you no more hours, and no termination of employment letter received.