Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

productive work place
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 June 2016
Working at Toys "R" US gave me a new outlook on thw working life. It made me realize how ignorant and rude people can be when they don't get their way but how happy they are when it all goes well. Working there was a real eye opener, I worked over the Chirstmas seaon and never actually knew what people eant when they talked about beening busy until I was a part of it,.
Fun Envoirnment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 January 2014
Working at ToysRUs was definitely a great experience as it made you learn about managing different tasks at the same time as well as having great customer experience. Weather dealing with an upset customer or seeing a child so excited about a toy, it was for sure a learning experience. Management could of been better as different managers were on different pages. For example, one manager would say this is how you do something, and the other would then come back and yell at you for doing it wrong. Regardless, all management were kind and caring.
Pros
working with children, working with toys all day
Cons
sometimes long hours, not many raises, or acknowledgement for good work
Fast-paced but fun environment
Babies "R" Us Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 February 2016
The environment at Toys "R" Us was rather fun and exciting, being able to see the new offers that come out each week. It was fast-paced but employees were always willing to teach and help. My co-workers were lovely people who made the experience much more comfortable. The management did touch on a sensitive topic for me that was out of my control, but it was resolved fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on everyone's faces.
Pros
Half an hour lunches
Cons
Sometimes had to work 9-10 hours
Pretty awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 September 2016
Great boss happy place. Organized. Helpful. Fun place motivated loving big happy working family looks out for everyone
It was a good overall experiance.
Cashier/ Floor assosiate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 April 2016
I had fun. I got the hang of the job on the first day. I passed the set goals that my employer had set for all of the employers almost every day. I learned how to work a cash register, how to deal with upset customers and how to properly peace the shelves. When I worked at Toys R Us it was on a seasonal contract and it was around Christmas time, so the lines were very long, I learned how to deal with the customers when they were very irritated and stressed out. I liked all of my co-workers and we all got along very well. The hardest part of the job was to deal with the customers when they would yell and be rude towards me, but I handled it well. The most enjoyable part of the job was that me and my co-workers all got along and we all worked as a team to get through the day.
Pros
Free breaks, Able to switch from cash to floor assosiate
Cons
Seasonal contract
fun workplace and very rewarding with the kid clientele
Chef de monde, Service à la clientèle et caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 February 2016
Most days I would supervise the cashiers and the customer service employees. I would assist on cash and anywhere else that would be required. The atmosphere is just what you would think, pleasant and heartfelt. There is no way to explain the satisfaction of being able to assist a child in finding the perfect toy or a parent that isn't sure about a gift.
Pros
steady hours, the clientele
Cons
Salary and Holiday rush
Great work atmosphere
Bike Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 August 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Toys R Us as a bike sales leader, I have been given allowed independence in organizing priorities and maintaining good work standards.
Pros
friendly, positive atmosphere
Cons
little recognition for continued hard work
was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 September 2016
a typical day at work was coming in unloading the truck putting all the toys on the dolly's to stock the shelves also assisting customers who sought help in the store.
Fun environment but management response to my concerns were not that great.
Sales Associate, Temp-Cashier and Merchandiser. (Former Employee) –  300 Steeles Ave W Thornhill, ON29 July 2015
- Come into work, make sure cash register lines are not excessively long, assist co-workers if they are.

- Merchandise new shipments of products in all sections of the store, as well as keeping the store clean

- Assist customers to the best of my ability

- Co-workers were great and responsive to the store's needs

- Some issues with management, but a few were extremely nice and helpful

- Hardest part: Cleaning the entire store on my own because of lack of employee presence during the week-shifts

- Most Enjoyable Part: Satisfaction of doing a good job and having the excellent work done recognized by the Management on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, benefits, fun and fast paced environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive, and team orientated
A/P Merchandise Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord Ontario31 August 2015
The management was mostly team orientated, and all departments worked well together. The benefits and pay were fair, and they always hired from within. Hardest part of all was "season" but the company seemed appreciative off all efforts.
Pros
Got to see up and coming new products
Cons
Long hours in winter months
Boring
STOCK WORKER/BIKE BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 July 2016
Employees and Customers are grumpy. They start cutting hours if they want to get rid of you. Pay is mediocre. Managers aren't very friendly. Some employees are friendly some seem like they're always having a bad day.
Pros
Cons
The store has a boring vibe
Good for beginners.
logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 January 2016
Good for beginners and students to learn basic language skills and communication bases in chinese language. Very difficult management relationships, very poor corporate culture.
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 July 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.
Fun place productive and carreer development
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2014
It has been one of the best company I worked with. Training re provided in all aspect of store management level personality and working habits to customer care and services.

Treating people with respect and admiring skills and talents with little small rewards which is very meaningful, one's value in the team. I was well compensated as a new be in the company. This is the reason why I wanted to work with Toys R US again if given a chance.

There's fun in both work and personnel interactive coaching and mentoring. Leadership skill are well develop with different in house programs.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
long hours but it pays
Good First Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Working at Toys R Us was my very first job and I really liked it. Co-workers were really friendly and nice as well as the managers and most of the time you're either on the cash register or on the floor helping customers and reorganizing products that are misplaced.
Pros
Everyone there is friendly
Cons
Great place to start your career
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 April 2016
Fun place to start your career. Energetic work environment. Lots of opportunity to learn. Great training programs.Incentives for all employees.
great place to develop yourself in a professional environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 March 2014
I have Learned so much from working at Toys R Us, one of the main ideals that has been growing to be more evident, is that I am born to be a leader. The Only thing is that there has not been a promotion for me in 4+ years. The people that become advanced, are advanced because of age, not longevity or work ethic. The hours worked around Christmas or "season" is brutal and the training is very minimal. The first season of working there, it is fun and exciting and competitive. After the thrill wears of it becomes exhausting and frustrating. The people hired are one of the main reason people stay around to work there so long, because we become family. There are the student aged associates, and the middle aged elders that all feel the same way and a real sense of camaraderie is developed in order to get through the daily struggles and hiccups that I'm sure plague any retail environment.
Pros
not micromanaged, the coworkers
Cons
long hours, lack of training, the amount of mandatory irrelevant things (Bpps and e-learning)
Fun Work place
Outdoor Area (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2013
A Day in Toys R us called Midnight madness so busy day with lot of people coming for shopping and lots of deliveries to make to customers. One thing I learned on that day was work is work Praise your work take every thing that comes in your way and enjoy it and take 1 thing at the time and finish it and go after another one. hardest part of the job was some time lot of pick up comes at same time so you have to keep tack with it. Management and co -workers have good understanding to take care of it so good and enjoy to work.
Pros
lunch break and 2 fifteen minutes break for refreshment
Cons
8 hour shifts
Excellent working environment and many different roles to suit the interest of employees. Managers are great and always there to help.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2016
I had worked at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs for about 6 years and due to this, I was given the opportunity to try out many different departments and gain experience from all. The managers were very friendly and helpful when they needed to be. My colleagues were very friendly and we quickly became a family. Albeit sometimes understaffed, the training and knowledge we had gained translated well when getting through the day as our customers went home satisfied. Working one on one with the customers helped us build a relationship with customers so we could make sure they go home with products that suits their particular needs.
Part-time job w
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
I liked working there, It was a great part-time job for someone still in school student. Don't have much to say was a long time ago but I do remember enjoying myself co-workers became friends and most of the management was great