Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Bad. Really bad. Don't work here.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
You'd get to work, sign in, if it's busy you go to a till right away, if not you reshop or piece. Or clean. That's all fine and dandy, however, you WILL get yelled at if you don't do something right because you weren't trained to the extent you needed to me. Managment needs to get their stuff together and train their employees better. My co-workers were normally great, however if you're new, and don't know how to do something, don't bother asking. Hardest part of the job? knowing that you weren't trained properly and needed help, but being too scared to say so when the managers will yell at you.
Unorganized, Zero Communication
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONNovember 18, 2015
I received no training - when asking for help management would push you aside and do it. I learned nothing.
Managers did not communicate. When completing a task for one manager another would come and ask why you were doing it and tell you to stop.
Got called a liar because no one I asked wanted to pay extra for a protection plan or a donation so I must not have asked at all.
Break room was disgusting, store is unorganized, managers are rude and treat you as just a number not an employee. It's no wonder there's such a huge turnover. Very disappointed in my experience there. TRU lost an employee and a customer.
It was meh
Inventory/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
I only worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas holidays. However based on how organized the schedules and management staff were I'd say there could've been a huge gap for improvement.
Pros
The work space was fun most of the time
Cons
Not nearly enough hours
Productive yet entertaining
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2016
A normal day is : Arrive. meeting, go to work ( grab a cart, see what needs to be refilled and go find the correct items, if none are present, put different ones out and replace price tags)
Pros
2 half hour breaks, friendly people
a typical day is cashing out clients
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday and making the children and expecting mother's feel good. sharing in the excitement of an upcoming birth or even a new baby down to the adults who want to activate the child in them.
It`s a terrible place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2015
On my orientation, the supervisor yelled at me for trying to assist someone who needed help with completing the paperwork. The overall cleanliness of the break room was terrible as well(it had a strange odour, the lockers were disgusting). Furthermore, hours depend on how many `quotas`you complete for the day. You basically have to harass people to buy a protection plan for toys. Terrible.
Pros
Getting paid
temporary job
Toys R Us Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCFebruary 29, 2016
I was only seasonal at toys r us. However the time i was there i enjoyed working there. the people were nice and I enjoyed going to work. If one opens near me i will try to work there.
Toys R US
Customer Service/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 11, 2015
Significantly skilled in providing prompt and friendly customer service, motivated and knowledgeable to receive and mechanize products in designated areas in front facing manner to increase sales, Able to establish high and efficient numbers in selling products, Works efficiently on computer to find products and establish orders online.
productive and fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at ToysRus, nice people to work with and a very good work experience for myself and my other co-workers
Pros
enjoyed the working environment
Cons
not enough shifts
Toys R Us was an excellent place to work
Forecast analyst (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 26, 2015
I worked for Toys R Us for 14 years and learned a lot. It is a great company to work for and I had the pleasure to work with such amazing people. I've had many different positions from working at the store to moving up at the office and with each one I gained more experience which would help me move up within the company. I made many relationships and am so thankful at having the opportunity to grow and learn.
Fun and challenging
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2016
It was a great experience, learning new stuff daily... Customer service was always first.
Great company....................................
Relaxed environment where staff is treated respectfully
Seasonal Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 16, 2016
I only worked for Toys 'R' Us for a few weeks as a seasonal associate, but I enjoyed my time there. I worked during the last 2 months of my pregnancy and the managers and other associates were very kind and flexible when it came to doctor's appointments or other challenges I faced.

The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours, especially because I was pregnant at the time. Manager on duty would periodically check on me if I had a shift over 6 hours and sometimes switch me from cash to floor so that I could walk around and stretch my legs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the other staff and customers. I learn a lot from people and conversation and as a cashier I often had time to chat briefly with customers while ringing through their items.

As this was not my first job as cashier, there were not any specific skills I needed to be taught, however as the years have passed I have grown more comfortable in talking to strangers and would say I am now very confident in starting conversation.
Pros
close to home, flexible hours
Cons
long hours standing
My review
Rzone electronics sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work at I was hired seasonal. Got to work with a great staff and learn new skills and become more optimistic for any future employment with toys r us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I was hired seasonal and never kept
Fun time at toy's r us
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
what a great place to work i have never worked with so many amazing people in my life met lots of friends and the management was great always busy around the holidays keeps you on your toes
Very great environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2015
I enjoy every shift I work at Toys R Us. The workers are great and the supervisors are great. The midnight supervisor is very understanding and has a great attitude that helps everyone. He makes a great environment to work in and it rubs off on everyone else.
Enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
At Toys 'R' Us, the most enjoyable part was the environment, everyone worked as a team. My days consisted of helping customers around the store, finding items in the back, and carrying heavy loads.
fun place during the holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 12, 2016
a good amount of work
the co-workers were very friendly
the costumers were very fun to help
loved seeing the children having fun with the toys
Good
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and talking to the customer, and also learning everything about the store.
Retail Employeer
Oracle Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) DBA (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 25, 2016
As TRU is retail organization with sales margin in mind - salaries are marginal as well, but work environment provide good balance of work and life.
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 23, 2015
Very fun place to work! Great co-workers and loved seeing the excitement on the kids faces every time they enter the store! Learned lots of customer service skills working with people of all ages.
Pros
Playing with new toys and talking to the children