Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

They are wonderful people
Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  Jean talon2 November 2017
I had a wonderful experience with toys r us they are very professional and very kind with there employees and costumers for me working in toys r us was one of my best life experiences ever
Stacking Shelves
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2017
Working as night crew, I had to open boxes and stack shelves to ensure that inventory was available for the morning. The workplace culture was not the best because everyone avoided interaction.
Pros
Night Shift access
Cons
Job advancement
Fun place to work
Warehouse /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 October 2017
Toys "r" US was a fun place to work, the environment and working conditions are very good .Employees are friendly and helpful.
The management was very approachable and easy to talk to.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
money not so good
Productive, fun workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2017
There were a lot of incredible employees there, and for me, that made all the difference. It was super sad when I had to leave (Hired for the Christmas season) and say goodbye to everyone. I'm trying really hard to get rehired this year because I enjoyed the work environment so much.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
A few snobby customers
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 October 2017
Was a fun environment to work in with mostly uplifting management. Employees got to see different aspects of the store and are given more than adequate training to succeed in their field.
Bittersweet place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 October 2017
Working at Toys R Us 3569 had given me insight into how bittersweet working in retail can be. The management can be caring at times, the hours are somewhat steady and it can be an inviting atmosphere at times. The staff members I have been given the pleasure of working with have become a second family to me, and I even met most of my best friends through the store.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unsteady hours
A Great team Environment
Storage & Retrieval Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONtario4 October 2017
A lot of long standing team members make the DC a fun place to work. Not to sound corny, but it felt like being part of a family.

You have every dynamic one can think of, and they all come together to achieve great success.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Working at a toy store can be a lot of fun at times and fellow employees tend to be light hearted and genuinely good people. It is important to stay up to date on current trends and remain knowledgeable about all products. All that being said, its your typical fast paced retail sales environment which means you always have to be on your toes.
good people. bad team
Cashier/Retail/Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
it was like working with a family-
good communication when not working. High turn-over.
Compassionate manager.
fired for not smiling
working two jobs at the time
Pros
baked goods in the lunch room
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance & Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 October 2017
A great company to work for which gives you complete independence to take your own decisions. The management team is very supportive and open. My first opportunity in a supervisory role. A good work to life balance.
Great place
World Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB28 September 2017
I will never have anything bad to say about these guys one of the best places i have ever worked and i would go back in a heartbeat if my old job was offered back to me. I always enjoyed it and will always look forward to going into this store
Co-op Placement
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
During my Co-op placement here i learned a lot about how a everyday work life is like and how i should prepare myself for the future. i learned the everyday routines and i did every task that i was handed efficiently and correctly, i also asked questions when i needed help on a task or on how something was done or where the proper placement of things was.
lame
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
a typical day at work involved standing around doing nothing because theres nothing to do. management would get mad because your doing nothing then proceed to approach you and ask what your doing, when u answer with the truth they say do something and you would say like what then they would say dont know.
Pick up Associate (seasonal)
Pick up Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 September 2017
-Answered customer service calls

-Organized backroom storage

-Stocked products onto shelves and overstock

-Helped customers carry out products to vehicles
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
i enjoyed working at toys r us while i had the opportunity. it was face paced and easy to learn which i like. i enjoyed all the managers as they were helpful and persistent with us. unfortunately it was just a seasonal job and i was not asked to stay.
Very fast paced environment with great customers and employees
Front End Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE21 September 2017
-A typical day at work , morning meeting , paperwork , doing reports reviewing reports. Assigning tasks to staff , delegating work , following up with associates on assigned tasks , receiving product from vendors. Engaging with customers to ensure there needs are met .
Cons
Very long hours, with no work/life balance
Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 September 2017
Typical day at work was very easy going. It was a smaller store so you were able to help each customer individually and more intimately. Very few people worked there so there was no teenage drama that comes along with bigger box retailers
Pros
More intimate work setting
Cons
Store closed
Great starter job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2017
I believe everyone needs to work in a customer service job in their working career at least once. Management at this location is great. The hardest part of the job is running out of options to help customers when their needs aren't flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you've offered a selling solution your customer is going to be happy with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Benefits and wages
Good place to work for the first time
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON18 September 2017
This was my first job. I started at 17 and quit at 20. It taught me a lot of valuable knowledge useful for future jobs in retail. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Lots of get-togethers with co-workers
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 September 2017
My typical day at work is very productive through my main task of assisting customers and helping through 'piecing' and 'facing' products. I learned many tasks through my workplace at Toys R Us such as, using the cash register, merchandising, organizing the truck bay, pricing, as well as assisting customers through on my knowledge towards certain products and services. Ultimately, my experience while working at Toys R Us has been tremendously beneficial towards my future career opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K