Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 June 2017
I was employed just before christmas so a typical day was quite hectic. Lots of people are doing returns or exchanges so there is nearly a never ending line. When it is not christmas season it is quite quiet so there is more time to stock and organize work stations and products on the shelves.
I learned to manage my time efficently and always keep calm even with the most impatient and rude customers i have ever delt with.
Management there was friendly yet professional. They made sure their staff was doing their job correctly and not slacking off.
The workplace culture at TOYS'R'US is more family oriented. Between the staff always having each other's back and the parents that would come in to shop with their children it was overall a place for families to enjoy.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with the extremely rude customers that would yell at you for something that isn't in your control and keeping calm. Or trying to come back from the break room without 20 people asking you where something is and asking you to bring them there because they can't find it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the happy looks on kids face when their parents got them that special toy they wanted "forever" as the kids would put it.
Pros
only had to wear a vest as uniform, staff was welcoming and friendly
Cons
Christmas is extremely busy with little to no down time, after that it is not busy at all and hours are cut significantly
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC10 June 2017
working at toys r us was an alright experience
coworkers are nice and helpful when new
downside is that they make you sell protection plans on toys which is a total rip off
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 June 2017
Very fun environment to work in. You must like communicating with others as you will work in teams often and will be dealing with customers a large portion of the day.
great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
it is a great place to work at busy and fast pace environment usually you start your day by doing re-shop which means that you have to keep the toys back onto the shelf. At times you may have to do three task at the same time helping customers find the product they are looking for, helping at the cash till and picking up phone calls and looking up for products.
Pros
employee discounts
fun workplace
Store Associate (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2017
i did my co op there and i had fun with all the managers and the co workers they were really nice to me same with the customers i coudn't have gone to any better workplace
The store I worked at was a bit unorganized. Not much communication between managers. Overall not too bad.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 June 2017
It was fun but could use work on communication between team players. Even though I was a seasonal associate at the beginning of my employment I was told they would let me know when my contract was over. They never did, they told me to check back for the schedule and i was just never scheduled again. Not even a "thanks for the hard work".
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2017
simply and easy job the managers and employees are nice and easy going. usually the work day is pretty easy busiest time would definitely be Christmas but the job never becomes stressful
bad employee enviroment
customer service, and cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 May 2017
I started working there when I was 14 I quit about a month later because I was getting harassed about my age and how I should not have this job. in the end I was happy with quitting
Pros
non
Cons
enviroment
Toys r us
Stock (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 May 2017
Needs better management, they are flexible with hours, easy work/environment, the rest of the regular employees rarely did anything because us seasonals were in. A lot of people quit before their end dates
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
Did not enjoy my time there
Cashier/Floor Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 May 2017
Torcher. The customers are rude, you learn to never want kids. The managers are not understanding and push for you to bend ver backward for them. It's hard to have a social life while working there because your constantly there or being called in to work on weekends. Season is absolutely horrible some nights you wouldn't get out until 2 am. I definitely would not recommend even to my worst enemy
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, Bad customers
Toys R Us
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2017
A good job for students to work part time. Working in the storeroom was highly stressful and very crowded in the outdated building. The management was too big and lacked communication.
really amazing staff, really nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 May 2017
An amazing place to work, I loved it there, an amazing environment, very welcoming. Everyone was super nice. Being able to see the happy faces of the customers is what made it amazing.
Fast-paced and stressful
Caissière saisonnière (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC24 May 2017
I was a cashier during Christmas season and it definitely was stressful. I worked long hours and a lot of shifts. During that time of year, the hardest part was to have pleasant experiences with clients and dealing with their issues and outrages at times, but nonetheless, some clients were very pleasant. My experience with my coworkers wasn't very pleasant, they tended to add more stress on me and everybody competed with each other instead of helping each other.
fun but busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 May 2017
The job was a great intro to the workforce, but mainly for children and young adults. They had us stalking the toys, talking to customers and other random tasks.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Irregular hours
a good entry work space and nice workers
waiter at the Beaconsfield Golf (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC17 May 2017
A typical work day would be to clock in say hi to all the other coworkers and start the day. Be informed for the clients and to have a smile on your face, never doubt the management from helping you out. The job is nice.
Pros
Taxes off in store products
Cons
Clientele can be rude at times
Stressful during Christmas
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
Great managers, hours were hard to get covered at times. Working there in the summer is MUCH better than the winter because parents and children alike go crazy during Christmas and treat the store like garbage.
Very accommodating for students but not enough hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2017
The workplace was fairly easy-going as traffic of customers fluctuated based on months. They were very accommodating for my schedule as a student however hours were slim when hours were wanted. Pay was typical part-time pay
Pros
good environment
Cons
No enough hours
great environment
sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2017
I worked in the back handling and cleaning up the boxes, worked with great people who i am now still friends with today. kept me very busy as i worked around christmas time.
Pros
very good with hours
fun place to work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2017
i enjoyed working with the management teams and team members i learned that you can move up in the company and i have worked for the company at store 3555 for several years
Fun workplace environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
A typical day at Toys R Us was starting out with checking all the aisles to make sure they are neat and then letting customers in and restock shelves till it got busy. I learned how to do price checks at different stores and how to up sell on certain items. Management was kinda all over the place, you'd have one person come up to you and tell you to do something then a different manager would come up and say "no don;t do that you have to do this", so at times it was confusing. The hardest part about that job was when it got busy and people were buying a lot of toys so we had to make sure we we're doing everything we're suppose to but at a quicker pace because how many people were lined up. The most enjoyable part about the job was that they didn't care if you had colour hair, cloloured pants, tattoos or even pierces, they wanted you to express yourself and have fun!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.