Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
This job is great if you'd like to learn how to perform tasks in a extremely busy environment. It's helped me improve my customer service, organizational and most importantly time management skills a lot. I've enjoyed being around kids very much as well as some of my co-workers.
Great work atmosphere
Bike Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 August 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Toys R Us as a bike sales leader, I have been given allowed independence in organizing priorities and maintaining good work standards.
Pros
friendly, positive atmosphere
Cons
little recognition for continued hard work
Fun Envoirnment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 January 2014
Working at ToysRUs was definitely a great experience as it made you learn about managing different tasks at the same time as well as having great customer experience. Weather dealing with an upset customer or seeing a child so excited about a toy, it was for sure a learning experience. Management could of been better as different managers were on different pages. For example, one manager would say this is how you do something, and the other would then come back and yell at you for doing it wrong. Regardless, all management were kind and caring.
Pros
working with children, working with toys all day
Cons
sometimes long hours, not many raises, or acknowledgement for good work
Great staff and always busy.
Cashier/Floor Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 July 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed how busy and fast paced it was. Great co-workers and management. Everyday you're always learning.
Seasonal warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 November 2016
Great place to work. I Recommend it to anyone who applies. Had allot of fun in a professional way working there. Worked warehouse.
Loud fast paced enviornment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2016
A typical day at work would be to pick and pack skids, scan the manifests and load the trailers. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently within a timely manner. Management was next to non existent since I barely saw them. co-workers were often friendly and diverse. The hardest part of the job was pace I had to maintain I was quickly and constantly moving around. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about various different positions from other workers.
Pros
diverse work environment
Cons
constantly moving around
So much fun
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 November 2016
Best job i EVER had, so much fun, great people and happy customers, how could you not have fun at a toy store!? i woke up everyday excited to go into work :)
was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 September 2016
a typical day at work was coming in unloading the truck putting all the toys on the dolly's to stock the shelves also assisting customers who sought help in the store.
Pretty awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 September 2016
Great boss happy place. Organized. Helpful. Fun place motivated loving big happy working family looks out for everyone
Boring
STOCK WORKER/BIKE BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 July 2016
Employees and Customers are grumpy. They start cutting hours if they want to get rid of you. Pay is mediocre. Managers aren't very friendly. Some employees are friendly some seem like they're always having a bad day.
Pros
Cons
The store has a boring vibe
Hectic during holidays.
Cashier/Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
Management is firm, especially during the holidays. The only hard part about the job is dealing with heavy work loads and long cashier line ups. This is decent place to work.
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 July 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.
Excellent working environment and many different roles to suit the interest of employees. Managers are great and always there to help.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2016
I had worked at ToysRUs and BabiesRUs for about 6 years and due to this, I was given the opportunity to try out many different departments and gain experience from all. The managers were very friendly and helpful when they needed to be. My colleagues were very friendly and we quickly became a family. Albeit sometimes understaffed, the training and knowledge we had gained translated well when getting through the day as our customers went home satisfied. Working one on one with the customers helped us build a relationship with customers so we could make sure they go home with products that suits their particular needs.
not a good company to work for
Babies R Us Associate (Former Employee) –  GTA24 September 2013
-interact with customers, merchandise product, clean
-management very unorganized, and not understanding of scheduling as discussed many times over. (they schedule 2 shifts for an entire day, and you are required to either work 8.5 hrs or 3 hrs. they do not allow leaving early for daycare pick ups or doctor apt.)
-they are very understaffed to the point ppl have handed in their two weeks notice and the management continue to schedule said employee
-don't seem to concerned with health and safety, pile stock carts 7 or 8 feet tall and pull onto sales floor full of children and pregnant women
-all employees start off as casual hire and switched to part time after 3 months if they like you, or they may keep you as casual, so you cannot work toward earning benefits or vacation days
-only 15% discount for employees to purchase products
Cons
a lot!
Fun workplace
Merchandiser / Sales - Midnight shift (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2016
Stocking and merchandising store shelves and displays. Learned to organize and strip product, and inventory..

Management was adequate, as well as co-workers, depending on the work season.

The hardest part was working straight midnights for long period or time.
Pros
working with family
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
Corporate office is a great place to work. They put in a lot of effort to create a work life balance. There is no politics or back stabbing. It is like a close society where everyone knows everybody.
Fast-paced but fun environment
Babies "R" Us Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 February 2016
The environment at Toys "R" Us was rather fun and exciting, being able to see the new offers that come out each week. It was fast-paced but employees were always willing to teach and help. My co-workers were lovely people who made the experience much more comfortable. The management did touch on a sensitive topic for me that was out of my control, but it was resolved fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on everyone's faces.
Pros
Half an hour lunches
Cons
Sometimes had to work 9-10 hours
Fun Work place
Outdoor Area (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2013
A Day in Toys R us called Midnight madness so busy day with lot of people coming for shopping and lots of deliveries to make to customers. One thing I learned on that day was work is work Praise your work take every thing that comes in your way and enjoy it and take 1 thing at the time and finish it and go after another one. hardest part of the job was some time lot of pick up comes at same time so you have to keep tack with it. Management and co -workers have good understanding to take care of it so good and enjoy to work.
Pros
lunch break and 2 fifteen minutes break for refreshment
Cons
8 hour shifts
Great place to learn knowledge of parenting in Canada
Baby Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2016
It is a busy environment but full of life. Lots to do, wonderful if you like to keep busy. Lots to learn about.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
High Turn Over Rate
Good First Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Working at Toys R Us was my very first job and I really liked it. Co-workers were really friendly and nice as well as the managers and most of the time you're either on the cash register or on the floor helping customers and reorganizing products that are misplaced.
Pros
Everyone there is friendly