Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

It is a good company to work.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJ31 January 2017
I worked as an Account payable at the company. It is a good company to work. There is a friendly environment.
You can learn and improve yourself. I really enjoyed working with them. Employees are generally happy and provide a positive environment for the customers. Would have kept working for them.
Fun place with wonderful people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Enjoyable workplace with great coworkers and managers. There was always work to be done, and someone was always there if you needed help. Hardest part of the job was looking for specific items for customers. The most enjoyable was working alongside amazing people.
Your coworkers
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2017
My co- workers are amazing! They are so nice :) I would like more hours, they dont have alot of people working during the day, i think we are usually short staffed.
Loved working here.
Floor/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
It was my first job and my favorite job. Loved helping customers, management team was great and it really is a relaxed kind of job.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON3 October 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges which is what I look forward to.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
NOT A lot Of Hours
Productive and a fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC1 March 2017
Everyone there is really nice and helpful. The managers are always there to help you and will not get mad at you if you make a mistake. The hardest part of the job was when it was around Christmas time, there were huge line ups and people that were getting impatient, so you have to work fast.
Fun and exciting place to work with lots of learning on a daily basis
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 March 2017
Fun and exciting place to work with lots of learning on a daily basis. Given opportunity to learn multiple positions and work independently as well as within a team settnig helping customers and achieve daily goals.
Toy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 March 2017
This was only to help out during the Holidays for a month. It was fun to help out customers on finding what they were looking for. I would clean and tidy the isles and put back returns. At the end of the night, i would be re-organizing the whole store for the next day.
Pros
Good amount of breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 March 2017
Nice place to work, had surgery and other medical problems and gave doctors notes for whenever I missed time, and they still laid me off. The nice part was co-workers became basically really good friends because you spent so much time with one another.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Not flexible with school
It was pretty all right
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 March 2017
I was a cashier and the only person who made the job semi un-enjoyable was one of the mangers who was just an a*s to absolutely everyone. I stood a lot and it was making me sore but the people were always nice. The hours weren't great though, I didn't have much of a life.
Casual and respectful part time career.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 February 2017
This job required reasonable work and enthusiasm, and I found each day to be very slack. Though given tasks, I noticed employees rarely showed enthusiasm towards anything. A good part time job, though!
Pros
Kind and respectful staff.
Cons
Slightly disorganized.
Good work experience
temporary labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 February 2017
Great job experience as you are exposed to all the components of work, retail sales, stocking, electronics e.t.c. This job helped get me into the world of retail which helped me land other retail opportunities in the future.
Fun and enjoyable
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 February 2017
I loved working for this company. It was a lot of work but it was still fun and I felt that I had the chance to show creativity in what I did and was able to move up in the company fairly quickly.
Fun environment but management response to my concerns were not that great.
Sales Associate, Temp-Cashier and Merchandiser. (Former Employee) –  300 Steeles Ave W Thornhill, ON29 July 2015
- Come into work, make sure cash register lines are not excessively long, assist co-workers if they are.

- Merchandise new shipments of products in all sections of the store, as well as keeping the store clean

- Assist customers to the best of my ability

- Co-workers were great and responsive to the store's needs

- Some issues with management, but a few were extremely nice and helpful

- Hardest part: Cleaning the entire store on my own because of lack of employee presence during the week-shifts

- Most Enjoyable Part: Satisfaction of doing a good job and having the excellent work done recognized by the Management on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, benefits, fun and fast paced environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 March 2017
Great work environment and lots of room to grow within the company. ................
Fun workplace overall
Shipper/Receiver (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 October 2016
Overall was a good experiences. Met nice people and always got the job done. Always had to be prepared. My manager was cool very understanding. Stock. Climbing ladders. Shelving. Pricing. Cleaning. Receiving shipment. Hardest part of the job was put everything on the high shelves with the ladder. Co workers were all cool. Best part was the experience
Pros
New experience
Cons
Overnight. Not allowed to leave work after hours. Eating habits
Great environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON1 March 2017
Toys'R'Us is a great place to work if you're looking for a part time job. The staff is very welcoming and helpful to all new employees. I was very comfortable from the minute I started working there.
Pros
Cons
Part time
Fun and friendly
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 January 2017
I really enjoyed working with them. Employees are generally happy and provide a positive environment for the customers. Would have kept working for them but alas my position was seasonal. Definitely a place I recommend.
Fun workplace, welcoming and diverse
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Great company to work with especially the customers that shops there. I have only been working there for 7 months and I really enjoy going to work everyday.
Challenging but fun work experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2017
With the right tools and training given, this position/job are a great place to be. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. All programs necessary are easy to understand and pick up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.