Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Backshop Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 April 2017
Friendly management make you feel comfortable working there from day one. Interacting with customers was a joy and a learning experience for me that i can take into future jobs.
Pros
fun, friendly environment
Cons
working outside in any conditions
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 April 2017
I had a fantastic time working for Toys R Us, working there enabled me to develop my customer service skills. I have learnt to effectively communicate and collaborate with my colleagues in order to offer the best customer service possible. The management was great and very helpful, it felt like a little family. I enjoyed being able to do different jobs working there, cashier, restock/overstock, warehouse, unpacking, taking calls, taking carts, cleaning. The longer I worked there the more hours I got. Minimum wage for students like me, but worth it!
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Lifting heavy objects
Not worth the job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
I came in working at Toys R Us, thinking it would be a chill, fast pace environment.
Although the work was fast pace, everything else sucked.
lunches were not coordinated, I often went 8 hours without taking any breaks.
Management was friendly but sucked.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
We were a team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB13 April 2017
Loved working for toys r us. We were there to help each other out. Management are there for their workers. Loved seeing kids with their new toy.Sadly is was only seasonal.
Good place for part time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 April 2017
an ok place to work part time, the people i worked with made the job amazing but management was always an issue. loved the people i worked with and some of the management where alright.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2017
Working at Toys R Us was pretty fun. I was cleaning, stocking shelves, helping customers, which I really enjoyed doing. I did cash, took out garbage when needed, cleaned washrooms. It was pretty busy since I worked there for a Christmas season.
Good place to work on occassion
Truck Bay Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
A good starting job for any young person but there is little chance of advancement. Store also does not have the highest hiring standards, anyone can get in. Most of the managers are great to work with but they can be a little demanding.
seasonal help during high school
Cashier/Stock/ (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 April 2017
I was a seasonal employee in the electronics department for toys r us. I would work the cash register as well as keep shelves stocked. I was very helpful assisting customers since i have a lot of experience outside of a work place with electronics, games, stereos etc. At closing we would make sure our areas were clean and neat. I would have stayed on as an employee if they would have needed another full-time employee. This was my first retail job.
Pros
Love the store, enjoyed the team
Cons
was only seasonal, didnt need more full timers
Productive.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
This place is a blast. The staff is great, the customers are nice, hours are flexable, and its been an amazing experience to work here. Although during holidays its very busy.
Satisfying and nurturing workplace culture.
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB3 April 2017
A typical day consisted of either working floor assisting customers and organizing the store or working in the warehouse unloading shipments and transporting items to customers vehicles. The management was pleasant and easy to deal with. The workplace culture was very positive and fun as many of my co-workers were very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the busy schedule where I was often running around for hours on end between organizing, assisting customers, and doing plenty of heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part was that this work was rewarding and the workplace culture made me enjoy coming into work every day.
Pros
Well organized. Rewarding and satisfying work. Positive workplace.
Cons
I was a seasonally contracted worker for the holiday season.
Easy & Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
The management at Toys R Us West Edmonton was wonderful when I worked there, very easy to talk to.
Accomodating for time off.
Difficult to move up and only pays minimum wage.
Productive and hardworking.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
I worked at Toys R Us during the Christmas holidays and it was extremely busy. You'll have to depend on a lot of your co-workers to help you calm a situation down, and help you find a item.
Amazing Place
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 March 2017
It was fun working here as I get to help kids pick their toys. I got to play with some of the toys every clean up. Good place to work for students. Thx : )
Good for gaining experience working with the public
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
Managers make the environment, although it varies greatly from store to store.
Good opportunity for experiences and building skill set.
Fun for a first job or through post secondary.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Opportunities can be stagnant at times
Seasonal position
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 March 2017
Working a Toys R'US was like any typical retail job. No benefits, low salary but the workload wasn't bad at all. There was pressure to sell warranty plans and donations for charity.
fast paced work enviroment
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
working with Toys R Us was an amazing job with lots of room for advancement. I started off as a Cashier, and worked up to being a stock associate at night for more money, overall a great company
Pros
interesting job
Cons
long hours of standing
Fun and exciting place to work with lots of learning on a daily basis
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 March 2017
Fun and exciting place to work with lots of learning on a daily basis. Given opportunity to learn multiple positions and work independently as well as within a team settnig helping customers and achieve daily goals.
Toy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 March 2017
This was only to help out during the Holidays for a month. It was fun to help out customers on finding what they were looking for. I would clean and tidy the isles and put back returns. At the end of the night, i would be re-organizing the whole store for the next day.
Pros
Good amount of breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and active place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
Super active and truly an awesome place to work, management was kind and really nice. Liked seeing all the happy faces coming in the my work place. Hardest part of my work is the long hours i had put on my feet but i was still able to go in everyday i had to work.
Pros
great co-workers and great management.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON18 March 2017
Working With Toys r us is a really good experience. I also feel like I'm part of the team and I'm helping a lot of customers as well too.
I learned a lot from toy r us and how the employees do things too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.