Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Toys toys toys
Sales Representative/ HRDS (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC12 July 2017
It really depened on the day. Off season was slow, but you were able to do all your paperwork, emails, and stocking done in the early part, of your shift. X-mas was just go go go sale, sale, sale, but if like working fast that was your time.
Pros
Playing with toys and learning about them
Cons
not enough hours in the off season
Great environment but typically long hours. No flexibility with schedule from October to January
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 July 2017
Dealing with kids daily is awesome. Keeps you young at heart. Be prepared for a six day a week schedule during Christmas season. Lieu time given after the new year.
Antiquated systems and processes
Manager Distribution (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON4 July 2017
Good people but poor executive leadership. not easy to get all consensus among VP level as they all have their own agendas and direction but they don't line up.
I worked in the Baby section and helped the customers set up their baby showers. It was a very rewarding experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2017
The Management was excellent at Toys R Us. They provided incentives to help us feel more productive. Overall, it was a very rewarding experience working for the Company.
Pros
Rewards for selling protection plans.
Cons
Long hours during the Christmas season.
Good friendly environment for kids and families
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB4 July 2017
By far my favourite job, everyone was so nice and friendly. Super understanding and flexible. I have great hours and the management treated the employees like family. We were all like a family and I can't complain at all.
Pros
Lots of hours, great environment, good management, etc.
Cons
Cleaning the bathrooms
Worked as a cashier.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 July 2017
I was taught techniques that I was able to apply to my next job as a cashier. The skills I learned from interacting with customers (not only friendly customers) is one of the main skills that became an asset for my working future.
Overall Great Starter Job
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 July 2017
Overall Toys R Us is a great place for development of skills when given the extremely uncommon opportunity. Great co-workers. Managers need to be less biased, and more open minded
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Horrible Communication
great
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 July 2017
The hours were great, the workers were awesome. the customers not so much during holiday season, very rude customers. its a fast pace and busy environment.
safe environment, amazing staff.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
During the time I worked for toys r us, the staff, management and the job in general treated me well, the pay was good for the time,and the hours were much desired. i worked 45+ hours, my own choice, starting at 4:30pm during the week and ending around 10pm and starting around 9:00am during weekends and ending around 9-10pm sometimes. the management was amazing, understanding and much liked by all the staff.
Pros
great hours
Cons
sometimes late hours
Fun, dynamic and challenging working environment
Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC27 June 2017
There are a lot of things to learn. Sometimes you're operating new and old technology, operating equipment for heavy loads, or doing regular sales associate tasks. The managers all have different personalities which makes the job interesting. Co-workers are generally friendly and kind. Best part of the job is when behind the cash register and children greet you and talk to you.
Pros
Occassional free food
Cons
Not the most flexible hours
Happy to serve in our costumer.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philippines27 June 2017
My previous company is very good. I learned how to communicate in onother people.and how to follow the rules and regulation in one company i belong. And have good moral characters
Pros
Free benifits
Cons
8 hours
I liked helping to find the right gift for kids.
Customer Service Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 June 2017
I loved working for Toys R Us so much I liked helping to cash out customers at chrismas time and i really liked helping people find the right baby gifts too.
great atmosphere
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2017
I really enjoyed my time working there. i had a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this job to any young person just starting out and not sure of what they want to do.
its okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 June 2017
management is okay.. coworkers are great... overall job is fine but can get stressful at times.. sadly working at a toy story isn't all fun and games.
Pros
first hands on new products, make some petty amazing friends, get to meet interesting people from all walks of life and sometimes get to hear interesting stories.
Cons
it can get stressful quickly and not all customers are nice.
your typical day at toysrus
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 June 2017
start your day by greeting customers and working till
do floor work
assist costumers if they need help
call pick up if they they didnt have it on the floor

most enjoyable part was the staff was friendly and the customers were great i felt like a little kid again working with all the toys that were there
Pros
excellent staff and customers
Cons
only seasonal
Toys r us
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2017
The branch which I was there exactly need too much improves cause they don't treat or behave fairly between natives and white people or asian ...... I didn't be comfortable there
Pros
nothing
Cons
short time
Temporary Job with minimal benefits
SEASONAL STOCK EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 June 2017
Working at the giant retail chain was not an outstanding experience. Most of the managers were very difficult to deal with; very long hours and minimum wage made the job less than satisfactory.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Hours
luv children and babies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
enjoyable place to work,,helping others and making suggestions or what is on sale and what they could use. I have 6 grandkids for myself so I know what is needed .....
Fun workplace
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2017
Very nice management, very friendly co workers, they work very well with schedules, toys, toys, and more toys... been here for 3 years and I have had a great time!
Pros
Toys
Cons
Not many hours
Hard but Fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
A typical day of work at toys R Us is long and can sometimes be hard and tiring, especially if you're a Warehouse worker. What makes the job easier is the friendliness of the people around you who work with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.