Toys 'R' Us

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: location, bus hours
I learned how to work cash register, work debit/credit machine, call truck loaders for product, fill out indian status form, delay form, re-stocking product, work paging system, helping customers finding an item, etc...
Productive with a fun workplace and co-workers and customers
Cashier / Re-Stocker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 16, 2014
It was a great experience, to be able to experience the rush of the Winter season at a well known toys company. I was able to improve my cashier skills even further, the management was great to work with. The best part about the job was communicating with customers and helping them out with whatever they needed. The worst part was when the customer – more... was looking for something that we were sold out of, it just gives you a really bad feeling to not be able to make someone happy even if you cant do anything about it. – less
Productive, fun work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2014
I'd done typical stock handling, with very enjoyable people. Everyone welcomed me with open arms, and let me know that if I had any questions or problems, that I should let them know. It was reassuring (when I was doing independent work) to know that I had accessible help elsewhere, at any time.
It was an okay job
Temporary Seasonal - Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I learned a few valuable skill sets from Toys R Us. It was only a seasonal job and was overnight.
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches on a saterday during a busy time ie, christmas, black friday. dibs on leftover give away products. great discount on products.
Cons: management has very bad communication, tends to play favorites with people close to them personally, there is an expected quota for personelle to be reached in every shift.
Toys r us was a wonderful place to work! Everyone is welcoming and makes you feel at home! I truly miss the extended family I made thru TRU. The only downsides are the higher ups and the impossible quotas you are expected to reach everyday!!
Loved Working At toys r Us
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener OnFebruary 8, 2014
Loved they environment being with children and also customers
Was seasonal
Loved Co workers and Management
Great business.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), St CatharinesJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great bosses.
Cons: i was laid off.
I loved working at Toys R Us. The management was very understanding and kind. The employees were nice and easy to talk to and get along with.

The guest were not as bad as you see in movies. I worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas season. There were a couple of costumers who were angry but they were very understanding.

I was polite and respectful to – more... every guest and employee and it was a real pleasure working here was sad they had to lay me off. – less
productive and fun place to work at, gained a lot of retail experience
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 24, 2014
Typical day at work: Greet customers,always take customer to where the product is,answer any questions or concerns they may have,
create baby registry's or wishlists, demonstrate products and help customer find the perfect item for them,build displays.
Productive experience
Sales associate And Cashier (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 23, 2014
It was a very friendly environment, I got a lot of experience as a cashier and sales associate regarding customer service.
Productive and Condusive place to learn merchandising
Seasonal Store Associate - Night Crew (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: working with challenging tasks and supportive co-workers
Cons: spending extented hours
The day always starts with the manager's orientation or what is expected to happen all throughout the whole working hours. I learned the concept of merchandising from basic to complex. I eventually developed the sense of accuracy when it comes to stacking, overstocking, pricing , flagging, re-shopping and piecing. With the consistent supervision of – more... the manager, jobs are done with satisfaction. The co-workers are supportive and easily to get along with. The hardest part of the job is to set the store for the first day of the on sale day according to the flyer setting. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you accomplished the tasks with satisfaction. – less
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 1, 2014
Great co-workers and fair management. I enjoy talking to customers about what they are looking to purchase.
Terrible place where the staff do not matter to management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers.
Cons: everything about them is a con.
They hire so many staff that most of them get lost in translation. They let go staff that do fantastic jobs and keep the ones that don't. I don't recommend this employer to anyone. Certain management do not no anything and should not work there. The only good thing about the place is that the co-workers are great. The worst part is they constantly lie – more... to customers about things and tell you that its how it is. They hire every associate as a 3 month temporary part timer and decide to keep you for another 3 months or so afterword. The pay is gross at 10.30. – less
Toys 'R' Us
Electronics Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2013
Pros: good hours, breaks are spaced out nicely
Cons: systems did not always work and the mean people
It is a great starting job for people wanting work experience and good hours. The people are nice and friendly and the managers are nice. the hardest part is talking to costumers in a bad mood that take it out on you and the most enjoyable part was when people are understanding.
Good people to work with
Warehouse Associate/World Sales Leader (Current Employee), WinnipegDecember 6, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: scattered hours
Fast paced.environment. I spent a few months as a lower level manager but felt I was needed more as an associate.
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2013
Working retail as a cashier selling toys and product, and stocked some product every once and a while. Learned cash handling, how to big ticket items, etc. Management was poor.
coming up through the ranks
Store Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 2, 2013
i came up through the ranks in toys r us, starting from a seasonal employee to becoming a manager and had a great working relationship with all the staff to the point that we became to feel like a family. i was able to learn a lot along the way and was then able to pass on what i have learned to employees both new and old. although it was difficult – more... to become a manager to people that had taught me along the way, i managed to show them the leadership that provided them the tools to do the job correctly. although i do miss the staff, i will always remember them. – less
I loved it, best years of work in my life!
World Sales Leader/ Keyholder (Former Employee), Markham, OnNovember 29, 2013
Pros: great staff, flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours at times...
It was a great experience to work for Toys R Us. I worked there for about 8 years. I moved up fast into a leadership position and the management team was outstanding. There were so many different avenues in which to challenge oneself there. You decide how far you want to go with them, your work paysoff and growth is very achievable with them.
fun workplace and friendly
Outdoors Pick up/Deliveries (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2013
Pros: lunch break and 2 fifteen minutes break for refreshment
Cons: 8 hour shifts
i liked working in toys r us the amount of time i worked there a seasonal member. its fun working there. friendly people with duties done on time helping each other.
a typical day
Cashier (Former Employee), kingston, ontarioNovember 24, 2013
Pros: dicount
Cons: late night
a typical day about this job was signing in and making cash transactions. then have break. then do it again. then sign out.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary abNovember 8, 2013
Great place to work, surrounded by fun & hard working people. Good pay & hours.

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more