Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON18 March 2017
Working With Toys r us is a really good experience. I also feel like I'm part of the team and I'm helping a lot of customers as well too.
I learned a lot from toy r us and how the employees do things too.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 March 2017
Great work environment and lots of room to grow within the company. ................
Fun
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 March 2017
Fun place to work, nice people to work with, team bonding by having meetings before opening and after closing time, a lot of team spirit and management was very useful.
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 March 2017
Nice place to work, had surgery and other medical problems and gave doctors notes for whenever I missed time, and they still laid me off. The nice part was co-workers became basically really good friends because you spent so much time with one another.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Not flexible with school
No thanks for hard, dependable workers-rules change daily
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 March 2017
The morning starts with a pep talk-never gives you pep, usually depresses you. You learn new things every day, even after 6 years on the floor. Management is inconsistent-they make up the rules as they go along, not one knows what the other is doing, makes it very frustrating for their employees. They change mangement like you change your underwear. Good jobs are not really acknowledged, but anything bad bites you immediately-whether you actually did it, or not. The associates are really nice, fun people in general, you have to be in the click. The hardest part of the job is working alone most of the time-customer service is hard to deliver if there's only one of you. They don't care! The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving. They even make that stressful by checking your bag and taking their time to do that-once you've already punched out
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long hours, inconsistant managing, no incentives
It was pretty all right
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 March 2017
I was a cashier and the only person who made the job semi un-enjoyable was one of the mangers who was just an a*s to absolutely everyone. I stood a lot and it was making me sore but the people were always nice. The hours weren't great though, I didn't have much of a life.
Productive and a fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC1 March 2017
Everyone there is really nice and helpful. The managers are always there to help you and will not get mad at you if you make a mistake. The hardest part of the job was when it was around Christmas time, there were huge line ups and people that were getting impatient, so you have to work fast.
Great environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON1 March 2017
Toys'R'Us is a great place to work if you're looking for a part time job. The staff is very welcoming and helpful to all new employees. I was very comfortable from the minute I started working there.
Pros
Cons
Part time
Seaonal Postion at Toys'r'us
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 February 2017
I worked as a seasonal employee for Toys'r'us for the 2016 winter season. It was a retail position that I was quite familiar with. It helped me build my customer service skills as I was frequently answering phones and dealing with returns. The store was very busy and the line-ups very long in the Christmas season, it had me dealing with upset customers more often than other retail stores.
Cons
Very disorginzed management
very fun place to work and to know alot of toys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
i learn at Toy R US where alot of toys has alot of background story and valve to them. i enjoyed helping alot of customers find alot of things in on there list for there children and giving them alittle background of my story to share to their like spin top and how big it become and having its own tournament. The hardest part about the job was trying to find where most of the toys goes back when people try to return them.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
putting back the toy where it belong
Challenging but fun work experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2017
With the right tools and training given, this position/job are a great place to be. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. All programs necessary are easy to understand and pick up.
Toys r us
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
Fast past work area, not enough work though, and it was only seasonal. i dont remember the pay but i believe it was only min wage . people i worked with were nice and the customers were nice too.
Your coworkers
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2017
My co- workers are amazing! They are so nice :) I would like more hours, they dont have alot of people working during the day, i think we are usually short staffed.
not fun and not a good place to work
Sales Associate / Cashier - Seasonal contract (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
mangers are mean no proper training. the organization is very messy . no respect between employees. they do not support there temporary workers treat them like cattle. worst place I hace ever worked.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
dirty place. you will get sick
Fun and enjoyable
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 February 2017
I loved working for this company. It was a lot of work but it was still fun and I felt that I had the chance to show creativity in what I did and was able to move up in the company fairly quickly.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2017
Management does the bare minimum and coworkers don't have each others backs. Constant gossiping and bashing of employees. No training, have to sell insurance plans so managers can get their bonus but there is no benefit to employees to do this, it just makes customers hate you. We're always understaffed except when head office is visiting then we pretend like the store is run properly.
Pros
Flexible, management is passive so you rarely get punished for anything
Cons
Disrespectful Coworkers, lazy management and understaffed
Productive workplace, great people and experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2017
The Toys R Us team is great and very welcoming, the training was made very easy and the environment is super friendly. I worked as a cashier/sales associate and it was an enjoyable jobs, sometimes it does get very hectic and there are line ups but with the right training and skills you learn how to deal with that overtime.
Fun workplace, welcoming and diverse
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Great company to work with especially the customers that shops there. I have only been working there for 7 months and I really enjoy going to work everyday.
Toys toys toys
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Working the Holiday season at Toys R' Us was one of the best job experiences I've had. Excellent supervising manager, great staff. Very friendly with lots of laughs.

My days were more often not typical. I was the run around guy, go do this, then this and this. After awhile my list of jobs turned into packing orders for customers that purchased their items online.

The hardest part of the job was making it through the night sometimes. Working 10PM to 6AM can take it's toll if you aren't used to it, but after the first week or two it became much easier.

Working there was the most enjoyable part mainly because the crew was downright awesome.
Casual and respectful part time career.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 February 2017
This job required reasonable work and enthusiasm, and I found each day to be very slack. Though given tasks, I noticed employees rarely showed enthusiasm towards anything. A good part time job, though!
Pros
Kind and respectful staff.
Cons
Slightly disorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.