Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 September 2017
My typical day at work is very productive through my main task of assisting customers and helping through 'piecing' and 'facing' products. I learned many tasks through my workplace at Toys R Us such as, using the cash register, merchandising, organizing the truck bay, pricing, as well as assisting customers through on my knowledge towards certain products and services. Ultimately, my experience while working at Toys R Us has been tremendously beneficial towards my future career opportunities.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1110 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3K 6S411 September 2017
good company to work.

I was working there for about 6 months and I really enjoyed spending time with kids and helping them to find desired toys.

I think it was good opportunity to learn more about customer service representative position.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 September 2017
Although it was great to work around kids and helping them out, but the job did require a lot of patience.The hours were flexible but not weren't guaranteed.
Very friendly environment and the people vwry helpful
Material Handler2 (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON9 September 2017
Very good company to work for.being around fire a very long time. In the retail children business .have over a hundred stores around Canada. The reach truck., counter balance, order picker and walkie rider job available
Pros
Summer hours program
Cons
Alot of work
Poor Management
Storeroom Team Member and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2017
Throughout my time at Toys 'R' Us I was always a hard worker and always gave great customer service. Regardless of performance the managers would always find something to nitpick even when there was no relevant issues.
Fun and Active
Distribution Processor (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON6 September 2017
Working for the Toys R Us distribution center can get really busy at first on the seasonal time. Co-workers and management likes to get things going on-time so that customers can get the job done.
Wonderful coworkers and managers
Pick up (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2017
I was never sad or disappointing to go to work at Toys R US because the people I worked with were/are very friendly and funny people the only disappointment was my job position. I did not like what i had to do and I was also the only girl in my position. I really wanted to work cash but that does not matter I had a job and was making money
Pros
good working hours
Cons
SUPER busy during the christmas
Toys R Us
Cashier - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2017
Great friendly work environment. Seeing kids faces light up when they are purchasing a new toy is an awesome thing to get to watch. The staff is generally all very upbeat and energetic.
Cons
Overloaded "re-shop" carts, being required to sell insurance plans
Toysrus is great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
when working at toysrus you will always have a family to go and be happy with. You can never have a bad day when working with the associates at Toys R Us
Friendly staff, hard working, goal orianted
Part time/seasonal (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at Toys R Us and was a great first job for a high school student. They were all very nice people and a pleasure to work with, I was a very busy person and they worked around my schedule very well to help allow me to do all my other activities. Nothing but good things to say about Toys R Us Kamloops.
productive, fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 August 2017
I enjoyed working here and helping customers find what they were looking for. Sadly There was no discount or bonus for working there. Loved my co-workers.
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec28 August 2017
Being part of the management team not only includes supervising employees but there is a lot of hands on work. Working t Toys R us is very challenging and demanding. You need to be self motivating.
Fun Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 August 2017
Fun place to work, friendly employees, amazing customer service, accommodating (needed stool for cash register), bubbly customers, great children and awesome atmosphere.
A great place to work part-time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON21 August 2017
I worked at Toys R Us for about 8 months, and I had a great experience. My co-workers were friendly, and the management was great. It's pretty laid-back (except for Nov-Dec around the Christmas holidays, it gets crazy busy and you'll never leave your cash). Otherwise, it's relatively quiet. Sometimes I'd walk around the store piecing and making the shelves look nice, so I'd literally just organize toys. My favourite part though was 'Play Days' or toy demo days, where I'd demonstrate a new toy or get to play with the kids.

I really appreciated how lenient the management was when it came to my schedule, I was very busy in school so sometimes I had to call and say I couldn't come in, and they'd be understanding. I'm not sure if I just got lucky at my location, but they were awesome.

They treat their staff well. Treats in the staff room, pizza lunches, a fun game-filled Christmas party... I honestly really enjoyed it. I left because I moved across town and needed something full-time. I'd recommend applying.
Pros
Understanding and cool management, a fun and laid-back environment, flexible scheduling, treats in the staff room and pizza lunches, a fun game-filled Christmas party, toy demo days where you get to demonstrate a new toy and play with it with the kids.
Cons
Not many hours in the spring/summer, having to up-sell their Buyer Protection Plan on 80% of items.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON18 August 2017
Some co-workers were pretty chill. Always something to do most of the time when you're bored. Always ask to learn new areas of this workplace cause there a lot you can do.
a great learning experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 August 2017
a day at work would be filled with different types of tasks, they would vary from stocking new inventory to compacting cardboard. You will learn a number of new jobs
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Toys R us is a great company that I have worked with for almost two years. The management is great and the other staff are very friendly. i am grateful for all the experience and knowledge that this company has given me.
Super productive great place to work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 August 2017
Love the atmosphere love being around toys my coworkers are amazing people positive energy all around I feel comfortable there full time hours have regular breaks
Pros
Breaks
Great for seasonal work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2017
Work there for the busy Christmas season. Very long hours and days but had a great team that I worked with. Never any complaints or issues with any coworker or supervisor.
Great work experience with fun co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 July 2017
The best experience I had was with my co-workers. They made the job even better than it already was. The job itself was also a great experience as it taught me how to multitask as I had to accomplish many tasks at once (helping customers while cleaning up assigned aisle). This job was a very memorable one that I genuinely enjoyed.
Pros
Friendly environment, organized, good management
Cons
long hours on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.