Toys 'R' Us
2,718 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Always puts a smile on my face
sales repesentative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: staff lunches
Cons: no cons
While working i would help move and load the heavier objects for the customers, and make sure the store remains clean. The staff their were all great funny people, who liked to laugh and have fun but were still all about results and getting things done. The hardest part of the day would be cleaning the store after a long days work. Helping kids and – more... parents pick the best toys. – less
was not the most enjoyable job
cashier, floor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2013
Pros: everyone was friendly
Cons: i didnt feel important being there
i had a hard time learning new things especially since this was my first job. i was never happy with the schedule i was given. also, the managers never seemed to interested in putting the employees needs first.
Very fun place to work
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee), Richmond HillAugust 16, 2013
I really enjoyed working with TRU, the staff and senior management were respectable and realistic. I truly got to see and experience the creation of culture and team building
working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2013
i loved working there, although i find that the sales associates that were hired after me got paid more.
Fun work enviorment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2013
Fantastic employees and setting. Always fun, laughter and seeing the smiles when you help someone find an item they have been looking all over for and you have it.
produtive and fun place with toys
Merchandiser & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whitby onAugust 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at toys r us but didn't see a future. most day were helping customers and filling shelves. Management was good but not great. the hatdest part of the job was the lack of cooperation between staff. helping the customers.
Good job for student
Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: strange policies
This was my first job. At this kind of work environment you can expect to work with all different sorts of people from all walks of life. It's interesting to be around that kind of atmosphere, but you never know what to expect. Everyone at my store had a good relationship for the most part, but people could be gossipy.

I was a cashier and also worked – more... on the floor. Cashier's had to keep to their desks, call up big ticket items (too large for customer to carry/ or in overstock), print gift receipts, activate giftcards etc.The stores usually have horribly old computers for cash and they often glitch. You can't void a transaction without a manager's key, and if there is a mistake the whole thing needs to be re-done, which can get frustrating.

On the floor you're mainly dealing with parents or adults trying to find birthday presents for kids they don't really know. They store is divided into a few sections, RZONE (video games etc girls, outdoor play, bikes, baby, books, children's furniture, lego, games and seasonal. You need to know each section which makes selling significantly easier if you ask the right questions. It's really easy most people want some insight.

There was a ton of job security and I chose to leave myself. They paid above minimum wage at the time. There were decent hours and the people were fun. It wasn't a hassle to find someone to cover a shift especially on cash.

Overall it's an easy source of income that isn't too draining. – less
Flexible hours
Retail Worker (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 23, 2013
Flexible hours
Great first job
Good student job
Good work environment
It was extraordinary to have worked in a place where i have always dreamed of working since I was a child.
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Nepean, ONJuly 11, 2013
Really fun and enjoyable co-workers and staff, helped at times where I had trouble figuring out where merchandise was located, and managers were even nice enough to get me out of the night shift and put me onto the day shift since, in fact night shifts was conflicting me while I was in high school at the time.
it was ok
seasonal associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2013
it was good for a bit of the time. fun people to joke around with management was doing so good
Great Team environment
Sales Assosciate (Former Employee), 3495 Lawrence Ave E Scarborough (416) 439-8697June 13, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the atmosphere of the store
Typical day, schedule does not change
Learned to work with customers
Attend to problems and how to best control a unsettling environment
Cooperate well and work with co-workers
The hardest part would be to balance customer needs when it isn't in your hands to do so.
Enjoyed the experience and picking up great knowledge of what works best in many situations.
Started out great, turned into a nightmare by the end
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: sharpen sales skills
Cons: management, company policies
A typical day at work was working as a cashier, helping customers find products, and cleaning and stocking the floor. I learned how to interact with customers to ensure their satisfaction. The management team was mostly MIA and were more concerned with giving the customer what they wanted than following company policies, which led to disgruntled employees. – more... For the most part my co-workers were great to work with, usually willing to help each other out. However, the cliques and friendships between certain individuals caused a lot of unnecessary drama. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers, especially with managers who would rarely hear out the employee's concerns. Also, the introduction of BBPs brought down crew morale and created a negatively competitive work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the electronics department. – less
productive and fun
overnight stocker (Former Employee), calgary, abJune 8, 2013
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: long commute to work
i loved working there, good people good laughs, such a shame I had to leave.
Wonderful Customer Service Role
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2013
Working for Toys R Us has shown myself the importance of positive body language when dealing with individuals face to face. I have also learned the importance of the employee being a representative of the company.
Fun Work place
Outdoor Area (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 19, 2013
Pros: lunch break and 2 fifteen minutes break for refreshment
Cons: 8 hour shifts
A Day in Toys R us called Midnight madness so busy day with lot of people coming for shopping and lots of deliveries to make to customers. One thing I learned on that day was work is work Praise your work take every thing that comes in your way and enjoy it and take 1 thing at the time and finish it and go after another one. hardest part of the job – more... was some time lot of pick up comes at same time so you have to keep tack with it. Management and co -workers have good understanding to take care of it so good and enjoy to work. – less
Summary
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMay 16, 2013
-making flyer signs
-bringing merchandise from the truck bay to unload
-management and co-workers are fun to work with
-hardest part: standing on feet for hours
-most enjoyable part: helping people find what they need
fun night shift work
Merchandising and stock (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2013
Re-Stocking shelves and pricing
I learned how to stock shelves
Management was okay could have been better and more lenient
Hardest part of the job was staying awake
work review
Seasonal Night Crew Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2013
typical day at work was unloading trucks and pallets and helping customers find product. the management staff were easy to get along with and everyone was always friendly
A great job for students
Customer Service Agent (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 19, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough hours
My day would start answering call and messages while taking returns and exchanges. I learnt to use vary systems off order picking. Management is OK but it varies on the individual. The hardest part of Toys R us was the X-Mas rush and dealing with angry customers without losing composure. the most enjoyable part was making kids Smile.
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2013
I loved working at Toys R Us, it was such a great work atmosphere. All of my coworkers were great & the customers were really easy to deal with for the most part considering it was the Christmas rush.

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more