Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

It was meh
Inventory/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
I only worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas holidays. However based on how organized the schedules and management staff were I'd say there could've been a huge gap for improvement.
Pros
The work space was fun most of the time
Cons
Not nearly enough hours
Fun time at toy's r us
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
what a great place to work i have never worked with so many amazing people in my life met lots of friends and the management was great always busy around the holidays keeps you on your toes
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 5, 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.
was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONSeptember 17, 2016
a typical day at work was coming in unloading the truck putting all the toys on the dolly's to stock the shelves also assisting customers who sought help in the store.
Great place to learn knowledge of parenting in Canada
Baby Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 2, 2016
It is a busy environment but full of life. Lots to do, wonderful if you like to keep busy. Lots to learn about.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
High Turn Over Rate
toys r us summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
although this was a seasonal contract I Loved this employment.
the management was actually very well and customers were fun as were the employees.
Upbeat
Shipping/Receiving, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMay 1, 2016
Toys R' Us was a fun, and upbeat place to work. It was an enjoyable place to work. Again working in a fast paced environment was good! Working at McDonald's really helped. Although it was upsetting that I wasn't allowed to be kept on due to budget restrictions was really upsetting.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not busy enough
Enjoyed my time with them
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2016
Assisted in merchandising and enjoyed being part of a team. The position was meaningful and challenging while allowing me to engage with customers and coworkers.
Fun Place to work, leadership skills.
World Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
If we talk about the store, its for kids so most families with kids comes in, have good conversation about their needs. organize the store. make sure other employees following their schedule. Help customers and co-employees.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Fun Workplace
associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 7, 2016
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of your job
the most enjoyable part of the job
the hours of the job
what you didnt learn
Toy Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 7, 2016
Working at Toys R us was really amazing, people were friendly, come on its a toy store, who doesn't love that.
CO workers were ok, young teens working there, breath of fresh air.
Fun workplace
Merchandiser / Sales - Midnight shift (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
Stocking and merchandising store shelves and displays. Learned to organize and strip product, and inventory..

Management was adequate, as well as co-workers, depending on the work season.

The hardest part was working straight midnights for long period or time.
Pros
working with family
Fun Envoirnment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Working at ToysRUs was definitely a great experience as it made you learn about managing different tasks at the same time as well as having great customer experience. Weather dealing with an upset customer or seeing a child so excited about a toy, it was for sure a learning experience. Management could of been better as different managers were on different pages. For example, one manager would say this is how you do something, and the other would then come back and yell at you for doing it wrong. Regardless, all management were kind and caring.
Pros
working with children, working with toys all day
Cons
sometimes long hours, not many raises, or acknowledgement for good work
Great staff and always busy.
Cashier/Floor Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 2, 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed how busy and fast paced it was. Great co-workers and management. Everyday you're always learning.
Hectic during holidays.
Cashier/Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
Management is firm, especially during the holidays. The only hard part about the job is dealing with heavy work loads and long cashier line ups. This is decent place to work.
Great place to work at; I learned a lot
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONOctober 1, 2015
Started work at 7am and had to make sure that i got to my station in time. Throughout the day I had various jobs to do that required lifting and making sure that each individual item was labelled properly and placed in the area to be shipped to the correct stores.

I learned the importance of being thorough because placing an item in the wrong place can mean that it is getting shipped to the wrong store that could potentially be on the other side of town. Also I was instructed to ensure that the shipping labels matched the items that were being ship to the various stores.

The management was ran smoothly. Although the managers were always busy due to the environment they were in, there were never and fight or mishaps. However, when the managers were in need they were always willing to assist you.

The greatest part of the job were the co-workers because, although the work was tiring and and sometimes stressful, the environment and the people around you help the days to go by easier.
Pros
paid breaks
good experience of work knowlodge
Gérant (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJuly 10, 2016
every day is a new experience. New toys, new customer every day. Plenty of sale on a weekly basis and a great Baby experience..
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Working at toys r us was good i enjoyed it a typical day at work was working with customers, i learned alot of people skills working here. The hardest part was when we didnt have something a customer wanted . The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look on a customers face when you had what they wanted.
Highly productive
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Pickering OntarioApril 29, 2015
Typical day at work would be greeting customers and cashing them through. Assisting customers in directing them to the right aisle they are looking for.
I learned plenty of sales techniques from other co-workers.
Management was ok.
Co-workers some were very competitive, as others were very down to earth and I made plenty of healthy work relationships and we helped each other in sales. Helped others as a team.
Hardest part of the job was The BBP sales, warrants that covered what the manufacturers warranty did not cover.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing other co-workers, greeting customers and making their shopping as easy and as quick as possible.
Pros
Lunch break, discount on items at the store
Cons
Not many shifts, short hours
A part-time place to get by
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2015
A heavy weight is placed on selling measurables without compensation.
Management tends to not communicate as well as they possibly could, internally and with employees.
Thrown to the wolves when it comes to training but employees are helpful and understanding.
Potential to build good communication skills with the need to help so many customers with varying needs and understanding.
Cons
No strict end time when closing the store