Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing Team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCFebruary 3, 2016
was a amazing experience working with the toys r us team I have learned so much in my customer service , always learning something new with the cashier position meeting new people,

only seasonal yes but i would definitely go back each season to help the team out.

great tons of fun
Pros
star light foundation for children
Too little pay for too much work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 29, 2016
It's the easiest and the hardest job I've ever hard. Most costumers are difficult all the time, and sales metrics are not on comision.
It was meh
Inventory/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
I only worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas holidays. However based on how organized the schedules and management staff were I'd say there could've been a huge gap for improvement.
Pros
The work space was fun most of the time
Cons
Not nearly enough hours
Retail Employeer
Oracle Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) DBA (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 25, 2016
As TRU is retail organization with sales margin in mind - salaries are marginal as well, but work environment provide good balance of work and life.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 24, 2016
My managers would throw trash in between the tills from the night before and we had to clean it even if we didn't make the mess. My coworkers were very friendly and would see if I needed anything and would show me how to correct problems.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Managment throwing trash
Enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
At Toys 'R' Us, the most enjoyable part was the environment, everyone worked as a team. My days consisted of helping customers around the store, finding items in the back, and carrying heavy loads.
Fun time at toy's r us
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
what a great place to work i have never worked with so many amazing people in my life met lots of friends and the management was great always busy around the holidays keeps you on your toes
fun coworkers and supervisors
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
disarmed, and arm my booth, deal with customers who want to exchange their products, clean booth, count money and stock products
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only weekends
Friendly place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Friendly out going positive. It was fun working with the staff and being able to help customer with what they are looking for
Energetic and Fast Paced
Seasonal Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2016
A typical shift during my holiday stay started at around 9:30PM or 10PM and went until at least 6:30AM. My duties included deconstructing pallets and flatcarts full of product and then moving that product from the truck bay into the aisles and onto the shelves in my section of the store. Once the truck was unloaded or there were simply no more materials to take out for my section, I would go to the aisles and begin stocking them with what I had brought out.

Speed was critical to the success of each shift, as we only had so much time to get everything unloaded and put away before the store opened, so being able to meet and exceed deadlines was an important part of the job. The aisles had to be not only stocked with product, but it had to look good for the customer too. That meant making sure displays were correct, end-caps were full and eye-catching and that the aisles and walls of product were all facing the right way to create an enticing experience for people when they came in when we opened our doors.

Other than the physical aspect of the job, the only really 'hard' part of it was keeping everything clean and organized to make the end of shift clean up of the cardboard easier. If you're reading this and are new, then make sure you stack like-sized boxes together and don't have em strung out through tons of different aisles. Keep a spare box around to toss all the little pieces of paper and cardboard into that won't just stack or are too small to mess around with at the end of a shift when you're tired. It saves so much time, even though it won't feel like it while
  more... you're breaking down your boxes as you go.

Keep in mind that this review is for work at Toys R Us in a Seasonal Night Crew position during the Holidays. Each night we had a truck coming in, and the work was fast, sweaty and sometimes painful. Management was awesome and worked right alongside the rest of the team in making sure everything got off the trucks and onto the floors in a timely manner. Everyone worked efficiently and were generally very positive and helpful. If one person finished their section early, they'd help out in a different section.

All in all, I'd say that getting on for this position really helped to make me a better, faster and more efficient worker and it was a great experience with good people.
Pros
Fast paced, time flies by, very physical work
Cons
Dust and minor cardboard/razerblade cuts while opening boxes.
Toy store
Overnight SFS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
hanging out with team and completing tasks given, proper use of time, and ability to talk to manager about anything, if issues did arise they were quick to resolve.
Pros
Discounts!!!!
Cons
Over night
Fun Workplace
associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 7, 2016
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of your job
the most enjoyable part of the job
the hours of the job
what you didnt learn
My review
Rzone electronics sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work at I was hired seasonal. Got to work with a great staff and learn new skills and become more optimistic for any future employment with toys r us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I was hired seasonal and never kept
Good for beginners.
logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Good for beginners and students to learn basic language skills and communication bases in chinese language. Very difficult management relationships, very poor corporate culture.
Excellent for a first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
Co-workers were a pleasure to work with
Learned organizing techniques, how to approach customers and meet goals, place online orders/special orders for customers, lost prevention, etc.
The hardest part was meeting the required BPP sales percentage as customers were not interested regardless of how you approached them with the topic.
Pros
Decent hours, fun co-workers, friendly environment
Cons
If you don't meet the sales percentage they give you no more hours, and no termination of employment letter received.
Very great environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2015
I enjoy every shift I work at Toys R Us. The workers are great and the supervisors are great. The midnight supervisor is very understanding and has a great attitude that helps everyone. He makes a great environment to work in and it rubs off on everyone else.
Positive work environment
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 13, 2015
. Typical day at work consists of coming in for night shift and unloading the tractor trailer, so colleagues can put product out on the floor.
. Toys R us has a positive and welcoming company culture.
. Management are very laid back and always try to accommodate staff.
. Hardest part of the job is getting the truck unloaded before the end of the shift.
. Most enjoyable part of the job is playing with the toys on down time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Working Night, and low wages
productive and fun work enviroment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
great people
Friendly and productive environment
Lead floor sales, customer service desk, cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 1, 2015
A typical day is steady paced with friendly staff and management. You constantly learn about new products so that you can accurately suggest items and boost sales. The hardest part of the job is finding a suitable product when you don't have enough information on the person the item is for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes with customers enjoying the product I suggest.
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 23, 2015
Very fun place to work! Great co-workers and loved seeing the excitement on the kids faces every time they enter the store! Learned lots of customer service skills working with people of all ages.
Pros
Playing with new toys and talking to the children