Toys 'R' Us

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, long hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
direct customers to toys/ things they are looking for & answer any questions they might have
operate cash/debit/credit machines
load and unload storage
Fun work place with creat staff and customer service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (Seasonal Help) (Former Employee), Newmarket OnMarch 25, 2014
Pros: food court beside work. great enviroment.
Cons: seasonal
A typical day at Toys "R" Us always started by clocking in, saying hello to my fellow staff then starting my shift in the electronics department.
Most of the time I was by myself in the electronics department, there for I had no experienced staff helping me. I learned to over came this challenge and make sure I could provide the best customer service – more... possible to all my customers and make sure they left not only satisfied, but happy.

My management and co-workers were extremely friendly, and we helped each other get by the day. Helping each other with customer service, and stocking items and piecing them.

Id say the hardest part of my job was that I was younger and not eager to work as hard as I am now.

The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting kids looking for video games, and seeing there faces when their parents would buy it for them.
Also as I was younger working for Toys "R" Us, I also played video games in my spare time, being in an environment where I got to talk about what I enjoy doing was also a great part of my job. – less
Very productive work environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, OnMarch 18, 2014
Pros: toys and lots more
Cons: long hours
Great staff, fun atmosphere, lots of challenges and meeting great people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with recalled items. The most enjoyable was were working with the staff and vendors.
A motivated hardworking individual who utilizes many skills and is passionate about his work, achievments, and goals.
World Sales Leader/ Team Leader (Current Employee), 4559 Hurontario, Mississauga OntarioMarch 11, 2014
*A Typical day at work sees me striving to achieve goals and providing direction to both employees and management on what would be advantageous to accomplish.

*I learned about a variety of roles working for Toys R Us and was able to incorporate a lot of lessons into my working and management style to be ready for advancement and opportunities.

* Management – more... staff can be very supportive I have had the pleasure of working with some very commendable managers who have made exemplary decisions. I have also seen where management could be improved.

* I have had the honor of working with some remarkable co-workers and staff members whom understood, provided support, and provided excellent working ethic to the team.

* The hardest part of the job was the little variability and flexibility of working hours which I saw opportunities for improvement.

* The most enjoyable part of the Job was motivating my team members, celebrating their successes, and recognition of efforts from both our in-store and head office management. – less
great place to develop yourself in a professional environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: not micromanaged, the coworkers
Cons: long hours, lack of training, the amount of mandatory irrelevant things (bpps and e-learning)
I have Learned so much from working at Toys R Us, one of the main ideals that has been growing to be more evident, is that I am born to be a leader. The Only thing is that there has not been a promotion for me in 4+ years. The people that become advanced, are advanced because of age, not longevity or work ethic. The hours worked around Christmas or – more... "season" is brutal and the training is very minimal. The first season of working there, it is fun and exciting and competitive. After the thrill wears of it becomes exhausting and frustrating. The people hired are one of the main reason people stay around to work there so long, because we become family. There are the student aged associates, and the middle aged elders that all feel the same way and a real sense of camaraderie is developed in order to get through the daily struggles and hiccups that I'm sure plague any retail environment. – less
Working as a casheir
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: working with a great team
Cons: not enough hours.
While working at this job I was on cashier at all times, I sometimes was able to go on the floor with helping customers with questions and showing them where things were around the store. I resigned this job due to loosing hours over a certain period and decided that I was ready to move onto new employment to get more hours and more money to pay off – more... my college funds. My co-workers were easy to get along with, friendly, and very helpful. When asked to do a job i did it as well as I could. There wasnt a hard part of the job, prehaps trying to get hours and asking other co-workers to take thier shifts to get more hours. I enojyed working with friends and having the benfit of being surrounded with people I know and that are a very good team to work with everyday. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Its a nice place and fun place to work, helping customers find what they need to make there shopping easier is something i enjoyed doing.
Enjoyable atmosphere working with toys.
Cashier & Customer Service Counter (Former Employee), KitchenerMarch 3, 2014
Pros: getting to be in contact with your inner child.
Cons: late shift ending at 12am and 1am for midnight madness.
Working at Toys R Us consisted of working cashier, and walking the floor to help customers with questions and finding product. One thing I learned from working there was returns and exchanges. I did not interact with management often. Employees were self sufficient and reported to them at the end of the day. I was a seasonal employee so I wasn't there – more... very long to develop a relationship. Being a seasonal employee it was difficult to remember where specific toys were in the store. Getting to see what toys were popular for the holidays had to be the best part of the job. – less
Never work here again
Sales Associate and Stock (Former Employee), mississaugaFebruary 28, 2014
horrible.
management was very unprofessional.
treated employees poorly and unfair.
Enjoyable workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2014
- Team meeting in the morning to tell us what we are doing today
- Packing items to be sent off
- Remembering barcodes
- Picking Items for each order given
- breaking boxes
- Management was good I enjoyed talking to them and felt comfortable asking questions
-Co- workers were the best made me feel very comfortable, felt like it was a family at work
- – more... The hardest part about the job was Lifting really heavy things but most of the time there was always someone to help you.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was just being comfortable around my Co- workers because I was around them all day, also always being busy. – less
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: location, bus hours
I learned how to work cash register, work debit/credit machine, call truck loaders for product, fill out indian status form, delay form, re-stocking product, work paging system, helping customers finding an item, etc...
Productive with a fun workplace and co-workers and customers
Cashier / Re-Stocker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 16, 2014
It was a great experience, to be able to experience the rush of the Winter season at a well known toys company. I was able to improve my cashier skills even further, the management was great to work with. The best part about the job was communicating with customers and helping them out with whatever they needed. The worst part was when the customer – more... was looking for something that we were sold out of, it just gives you a really bad feeling to not be able to make someone happy even if you cant do anything about it. – less
Productive, fun work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2014
I'd done typical stock handling, with very enjoyable people. Everyone welcomed me with open arms, and let me know that if I had any questions or problems, that I should let them know. It was reassuring (when I was doing independent work) to know that I had accessible help elsewhere, at any time.
It was an okay job
Temporary Seasonal - Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I learned a few valuable skill sets from Toys R Us. It was only a seasonal job and was overnight.
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches on a saterday during a busy time ie, christmas, black friday. dibs on leftover give away products. great discount on products.
Cons: management has very bad communication, tends to play favorites with people close to them personally, there is an expected quota for personelle to be reached in every shift.
Toys r us was a wonderful place to work! Everyone is welcoming and makes you feel at home! I truly miss the extended family I made thru TRU. The only downsides are the higher ups and the impossible quotas you are expected to reach everyday!!
Loved Working At toys r Us
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener OnFebruary 8, 2014
Loved they environment being with children and also customers
Was seasonal
Loved Co workers and Management
Great business.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), St CatharinesJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great bosses.
Cons: i was laid off.
I loved working at Toys R Us. The management was very understanding and kind. The employees were nice and easy to talk to and get along with.

The guest were not as bad as you see in movies. I worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas season. There were a couple of costumers who were angry but they were very understanding.

I was polite and respectful to – more... every guest and employee and it was a real pleasure working here was sad they had to lay me off. – less
productive and fun place to work at, gained a lot of retail experience
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 24, 2014
Typical day at work: Greet customers,always take customer to where the product is,answer any questions or concerns they may have,
create baby registry's or wishlists, demonstrate products and help customer find the perfect item for them,build displays.
Productive experience
Sales associate And Cashier (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 23, 2014
It was a very friendly environment, I got a lot of experience as a cashier and sales associate regarding customer service.
Fun Envoirnment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: working with children, working with toys all day
Cons: sometimes long hours, not many raises, or acknowledgement for good work
Working at ToysRUs was definitely a great experience as it made you learn about managing different tasks at the same time as well as having great customer experience. Weather dealing with an upset customer or seeing a child so excited about a toy, it was for sure a learning experience. Management could of been better as different managers were on different – more... pages. For example, one manager would say this is how you do something, and the other would then come back and yell at you for doing it wrong. Regardless, all management were kind and caring. – less

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more