Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Toys toys toys
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Working the Holiday season at Toys R' Us was one of the best job experiences I've had. Excellent supervising manager, great staff. Very friendly with lots of laughs.

My days were more often not typical. I was the run around guy, go do this, then this and this. After awhile my list of jobs turned into packing orders for customers that purchased their items online.

The hardest part of the job was making it through the night sometimes. Working 10PM to 6AM can take it's toll if you aren't used to it, but after the first week or two it became much easier.

Working there was the most enjoyable part mainly because the crew was downright awesome.
Casual and respectful part time career.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 February 2017
This job required reasonable work and enthusiasm, and I found each day to be very slack. Though given tasks, I noticed employees rarely showed enthusiasm towards anything. A good part time job, though!
Pros
Kind and respectful staff.
Cons
Slightly disorganized.
Seasonal
Babies R' Us Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2017
I was hired as seasonal as was treated like a regular hire. They treated me just line I've of the team. Loved my managers and do workers alike
Pros
Discount.
Poorly Managed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 February 2017
Job was simple enough although managements difficultly handling it made me wonder sometimes. Management couldn't manage scheduling people within their availability often conflicting with peoples school schedules, multiple managers didn't know how to do basic everyday tasks therefore new employees had to figure out how things work on their own.
It was fun and everyone one is friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC3 February 2017
Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful, would definitely recommend as a place to work part-time as a student
Cons
Pay is low
Good work experience
temporary labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 February 2017
Great job experience as you are exposed to all the components of work, retail sales, stocking, electronics e.t.c. This job helped get me into the world of retail which helped me land other retail opportunities in the future.
It'sa very nice place to work!
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 February 2017
Its a very nice place to work! I have a very good experience ! People is friendly! A good start for you young people!
The only problem is if you are looking to make money this is not the right place to do it! Working tgere Is just to make -an extra money, not to make a living from there.
But over all i would say i enjoy working there!
Pros
Peaceful envitoment! Friendly managment and coworkers
Cons
Low salary, low hours
Fun, but has it's issue like any other retail store
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
The work was difficult at times, but your co-workers and managers would determine your working environment.

For instance, if a manager were to be frustrated about his or her boss coming for a visit. His or her feelings would definitely be reflected in the overall attitude of management.
It is a good company to work.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJ31 January 2017
I worked as an Account payable at the company. It is a good company to work. There is a friendly environment.
You can learn and improve yourself. I really enjoyed working with them. Employees are generally happy and provide a positive environment for the customers. Would have kept working for them.
Terrible management
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2017
Most unprofessional, disrespectful, rude, and uncaring managers you can find. They aren't fair and they make illogical decisions. Coworkers are great, the job itself isn't too demanding.
Pros
Coworkers
Fun and friendly
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 January 2017
I really enjoyed working with them. Employees are generally happy and provide a positive environment for the customers. Would have kept working for them but alas my position was seasonal. Definitely a place I recommend.
Was a great experience for me.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 January 2017
I've moved laterally and up the company in my short lived time in the company.

I've moved from sales and customer service on the floor, to electronics, and eventually warehouse work. And this was done thanks to the effort of management and fellow employees.
Pros
Entertaining Management
Cons
Long commute
Fun place to work at
Cashier/Floor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
Toysrus is a very fun place to work at.The employers and employees are fun, easy going and easy to get along with. It is a great place to work at if you love working/interacting with the public.
Somewhat fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 January 2017
It was fun working there. It was my personal issues that made my work days out of focus. Other than that, my experience working at ToysR'Us was great.
Pros
Sneak peek at all the new toys
Cons
Co-Workers inability to do their part
Fun Co-Worker
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
Very Repetitive Tasks
Didn't Like Management Personally
How To Use A Pallet Jack
Workplace Culture was fine
Most Enjoyable Part Lunch
Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Great management team
Customer Service Representative / Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2017
Clients can be difficult, but also amazing.
The hours aren't particularly long, but closing can be.
The people you work with are wonderful, as well as the management staff.
great place to work
R Zone Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
managers are amazing, and a great place to learn about new products and whats hot on today's market, I never once felt uncomfortable. the minute i started working i felt accepted and there was no awkward first few days and training was very on point they don't just run you through then let you figure out the rest, they ensure you have the proper tools to do your job properly .
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low hours January through till march
Fun and open environment workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
Although seasonal, I enjoyed my time spent working there. The open environment allows for everyone to feel safe and comfortable with opening up to one another. Management was especially good, bonded with workers instead of simply Micro managing.
Fun place with wonderful people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Enjoyable workplace with great coworkers and managers. There was always work to be done, and someone was always there if you needed help. Hardest part of the job was looking for specific items for customers. The most enjoyable was working alongside amazing people.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 January 2017
Easy going, good work hours, accommodating to your schedule, friendly co-workers and management
a good place to work part-time/full-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.