Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Worked as a cashier.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 July 2017
I was taught techniques that I was able to apply to my next job as a cashier. The skills I learned from interacting with customers (not only friendly customers) is one of the main skills that became an asset for my working future.
Overall Great Starter Job
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 July 2017
Overall Toys R Us is a great place for development of skills when given the extremely uncommon opportunity. Great co-workers. Managers need to be less biased, and more open minded
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Horrible Communication
great
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 July 2017
The hours were great, the workers were awesome. the customers not so much during holiday season, very rude customers. its a fast pace and busy environment.
safe environment, amazing staff.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
During the time I worked for toys r us, the staff, management and the job in general treated me well, the pay was good for the time,and the hours were much desired. i worked 45+ hours, my own choice, starting at 4:30pm during the week and ending around 10pm and starting around 9:00am during weekends and ending around 9-10pm sometimes. the management was amazing, understanding and much liked by all the staff.
Pros
great hours
Cons
sometimes late hours
Fun, dynamic and challenging working environment
Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC27 June 2017
There are a lot of things to learn. Sometimes you're operating new and old technology, operating equipment for heavy loads, or doing regular sales associate tasks. The managers all have different personalities which makes the job interesting. Co-workers are generally friendly and kind. Best part of the job is when behind the cash register and children greet you and talk to you.
Pros
Occassional free food
Cons
Not the most flexible hours
Happy to serve in our costumer.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philippines27 June 2017
My previous company is very good. I learned how to communicate in onother people.and how to follow the rules and regulation in one company i belong. And have good moral characters
Pros
Free benifits
Cons
8 hours
I liked helping to find the right gift for kids.
Customer Service Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 June 2017
I loved working for Toys R Us so much I liked helping to cash out customers at chrismas time and i really liked helping people find the right baby gifts too.
great atmosphere
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2017
I really enjoyed my time working there. i had a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this job to any young person just starting out and not sure of what they want to do.
its okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 June 2017
management is okay.. coworkers are great... overall job is fine but can get stressful at times.. sadly working at a toy story isn't all fun and games.
Pros
first hands on new products, make some petty amazing friends, get to meet interesting people from all walks of life and sometimes get to hear interesting stories.
Cons
it can get stressful quickly and not all customers are nice.
your typical day at toysrus
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 June 2017
start your day by greeting customers and working till
do floor work
assist costumers if they need help
call pick up if they they didnt have it on the floor

most enjoyable part was the staff was friendly and the customers were great i felt like a little kid again working with all the toys that were there
Pros
excellent staff and customers
Cons
only seasonal
Toys r us
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2017
The branch which I was there exactly need too much improves cause they don't treat or behave fairly between natives and white people or asian ...... I didn't be comfortable there
Pros
nothing
Cons
short time
Temporary Job with minimal benefits
SEASONAL STOCK EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 June 2017
Working at the giant retail chain was not an outstanding experience. Most of the managers were very difficult to deal with; very long hours and minimum wage made the job less than satisfactory.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Hours
luv children and babies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
enjoyable place to work,,helping others and making suggestions or what is on sale and what they could use. I have 6 grandkids for myself so I know what is needed .....
Fun workplace
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2017
Very nice management, very friendly co workers, they work very well with schedules, toys, toys, and more toys... been here for 3 years and I have had a great time!
Pros
Toys
Cons
Not many hours
Hard but Fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
A typical day of work at toys R Us is long and can sometimes be hard and tiring, especially if you're a Warehouse worker. What makes the job easier is the friendliness of the people around you who work with you.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 June 2017
I was employed just before christmas so a typical day was quite hectic. Lots of people are doing returns or exchanges so there is nearly a never ending line. When it is not christmas season it is quite quiet so there is more time to stock and organize work stations and products on the shelves.
I learned to manage my time efficently and always keep calm even with the most impatient and rude customers i have ever delt with.
Management there was friendly yet professional. They made sure their staff was doing their job correctly and not slacking off.
The workplace culture at TOYS'R'US is more family oriented. Between the staff always having each other's back and the parents that would come in to shop with their children it was overall a place for families to enjoy.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with the extremely rude customers that would yell at you for something that isn't in your control and keeping calm. Or trying to come back from the break room without 20 people asking you where something is and asking you to bring them there because they can't find it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the happy looks on kids face when their parents got them that special toy they wanted "forever" as the kids would put it.
Pros
only had to wear a vest as uniform, staff was welcoming and friendly
Cons
Christmas is extremely busy with little to no down time, after that it is not busy at all and hours are cut significantly
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 June 2017
Very fun environment to work in. You must like communicating with others as you will work in teams often and will be dealing with customers a large portion of the day.
great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
it is a great place to work at busy and fast pace environment usually you start your day by doing re-shop which means that you have to keep the toys back onto the shelf. At times you may have to do three task at the same time helping customers find the product they are looking for, helping at the cash till and picking up phone calls and looking up for products.
Pros
employee discounts
fun workplace
Store Associate (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2017
i did my co op there and i had fun with all the managers and the co workers they were really nice to me same with the customers i coudn't have gone to any better workplace
The store I worked at was a bit unorganized. Not much communication between managers. Overall not too bad.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 June 2017
It was fun but could use work on communication between team players. Even though I was a seasonal associate at the beginning of my employment I was told they would let me know when my contract was over. They never did, they told me to check back for the schedule and i was just never scheduled again. Not even a "thanks for the hard work".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval