Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Not Bad
500/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 November 2017
Co-workers made all the difference, learned a lot about toys and educational sets, bike repairs, and assembling the demo furniture and the fixtures.
Management wasn't always thrilled about individual thinking and protected themselves to a point where any complaint about the director or assistant director to head office was given to said individuals to handle. They preferred to have their favorites in store over hard workers
Pros
Good people, lots of room to learn
Cons
More political then running for office
It was a hard job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 November 2017
you always had toversale all the items in the store.
You were given an amount of things to sale fr the week and if that wasnt reached youd end up in the office about not upsalling batterys for example.
too many toys had to be undergarentee and not all the clients wanted too.
some coworkers werent too happy to work with women. the men werent from a culter where woman are allowed to work n be independent.
Pros
the toys reminded me of my child hood
Cons
immagrants werent happy to work with women
bad
SESONAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2017
the job was low paying with bad hours and the management did not care about the staff as they fired most of the staff on Christmas eve and they did it by posting it on the wall instead of talking to people.
Pros
other staff were nice
Cons
poor management
Fun to work at with great staff an customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 November 2017
My main reason for the bad rating as i was hired a week ago as a cashier but was put on a very early start time of 6am till 2pm well store dont open till 10am most days so they had me packaging online orders an putting them into boxes, also had ro replenish the boxes at end of shift. Now i got one 4 hour training day on cash an bekng a cashier thought i did good but to only be let go the following day. Now i did mention to them i had 2 herniated buldging disks in my back an that i shouldnt be picking up over 50 lbs. They were ok with that but yet had me doing the job they gave me. I think it is really unfair to say your a cashier so they can pay you minimum wage then put you in the warehouse breaking yourself daily to keep up with demand of orders. Overall the working enviroment is constantly changing with demand an staff are great. Management on the other hand not so much. I was told not to rake it personal but how cant i when i told them about my disibility an they just ignored it apparently.
Pros
Got off at 2pm.
Cons
Management, Poor wage for work load, Early start times 6am, Told im a cashier but worked in warehouse the whole time
Not a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 November 2017
I worked here when they first opened in town and thought at first it was a good place. Then when I couldn't sell the protection plan on products i started to lose hours on my schedule. I ended up having to find other work elsewhere and when I did I informed management of my new availability and they scheduled me to work when I needed to be at my other job. I ended up quitting. Then was slandered by someone that worked there. I went to management and NOTHING was done about it.
Some good people . But karen is the rudest person i have ever met !!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 November 2017
If you are a person that has another job. They will not work with scheduling . Terrible place , mostly when you see how they treat the stuff they sell .
very fun and friendly environment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 November 2017
i enjoyed working at toys r us because it brought the kid out of me in many ways and was always good times with my co-workers never a dull moment and never a bad expeience
Pros
always fun
Cons
pay wasn't the greatest
As a seasonal sales associate I did not receive sufficient training and was rushed to perform tasks by myself. Shifts are few and far apart.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 November 2017
As a seasonal sales associate the shifts given are very few and far apart. The management was very disorganized and rude, however the manager specifically was very nice and pleasant to work with. As a seasonal worker I did not receive much training, and was rushed to perform tasks by myself during busy times. Appropriate help was not received. Store directory was very rude to deal with, I had a very negative experience specially with this.
Pros
*good people to work with
Cons
Too many to list but here are a few: Lack of training, bad management, shifts are few and far apart
Favorite
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2017
Although my work at Toys R Us was temporary is was my most enjoyable. The work was simple place product in its proper area and price it. Wish they had longer night positions.
Pros
discounts on product
Cons
night and early morning shifts
Awesome workplace; no complaints
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 November 2017
I worked at Toys R Us and loved working there. Everyone was friendly and helpful and worked well together. Didn't mind helping if mistakes were made, and if something new came up they helped you.
Pros
Helpful other staff, friendly management, great discount.
Cons
If you arent available two evenings and one weekend day they can't keep you, but that's not really hard to reach.
great place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region5 November 2017
Mostly customer service,products demonstration and merchandising

Dealing with different kinds of customer

product Knowledge

Enjoyable place to work
okay job with no benefits
Sales associate / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2017
Started off good if you work in the warehouse because you can mess around all day and get paid for it but once they train you on cash you will hate everything and everyone
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many to put here
Productive and fun work place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 November 2017
Very friendly and nice environment. management was very kind and were flexible with hours.Very simple floor work and cash requirement were very simple as well.
Pros
Free breakes
Cons
short hours
They are wonderful people
Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  Jean talon2 November 2017
I had a wonderful experience with toys r us they are very professional and very kind with there employees and costumers for me working in toys r us was one of my best life experiences ever
Stacking Shelves
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2017
Working as night crew, I had to open boxes and stack shelves to ensure that inventory was available for the morning. The workplace culture was not the best because everyone avoided interaction.
Pros
Night Shift access
Cons
Job advancement
Fun place to work
Warehouse /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 October 2017
Toys "r" US was a fun place to work, the environment and working conditions are very good .Employees are friendly and helpful.
The management was very approachable and easy to talk to.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
money not so good
Productive, fun workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2017
There were a lot of incredible employees there, and for me, that made all the difference. It was super sad when I had to leave (Hired for the Christmas season) and say goodbye to everyone. I'm trying really hard to get rehired this year because I enjoyed the work environment so much.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
A few snobby customers
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 October 2017
Was a fun environment to work in with mostly uplifting management. Employees got to see different aspects of the store and are given more than adequate training to succeed in their field.
Bittersweet place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 October 2017
Working at Toys R Us 3569 had given me insight into how bittersweet working in retail can be. The management can be caring at times, the hours are somewhat steady and it can be an inviting atmosphere at times. The staff members I have been given the pleasure of working with have become a second family to me, and I even met most of my best friends through the store.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unsteady hours
A Great team Environment
Storage & Retrieval Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONtario4 October 2017
A lot of long standing team members make the DC a fun place to work. Not to sound corny, but it felt like being part of a family.

You have every dynamic one can think of, and they all come together to achieve great success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.