Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Friendly staff, hard working, goal orianted
Part time/seasonal (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at Toys R Us and was a great first job for a high school student. They were all very nice people and a pleasure to work with, I was a very busy person and they worked around my schedule very well to help allow me to do all my other activities. Nothing but good things to say about Toys R Us Kamloops.
productive, fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 August 2017
I enjoyed working here and helping customers find what they were looking for. Sadly There was no discount or bonus for working there. Loved my co-workers.
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec28 August 2017
Being part of the management team not only includes supervising employees but there is a lot of hands on work. Working t Toys R us is very challenging and demanding. You need to be self motivating.
Fun Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 August 2017
Fun place to work, friendly employees, amazing customer service, accommodating (needed stool for cash register), bubbly customers, great children and awesome atmosphere.
A great place to work part-time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON21 August 2017
I worked at Toys R Us for about 8 months, and I had a great experience. My co-workers were friendly, and the management was great. It's pretty laid-back (except for Nov-Dec around the Christmas holidays, it gets crazy busy and you'll never leave your cash). Otherwise, it's relatively quiet. Sometimes I'd walk around the store piecing and making the shelves look nice, so I'd literally just organize toys. My favourite part though was 'Play Days' or toy demo days, where I'd demonstrate a new toy or get to play with the kids.

I really appreciated how lenient the management was when it came to my schedule, I was very busy in school so sometimes I had to call and say I couldn't come in, and they'd be understanding. I'm not sure if I just got lucky at my location, but they were awesome.

They treat their staff well. Treats in the staff room, pizza lunches, a fun game-filled Christmas party... I honestly really enjoyed it. I left because I moved across town and needed something full-time. I'd recommend applying.
Pros
Understanding and cool management, a fun and laid-back environment, flexible scheduling, treats in the staff room and pizza lunches, a fun game-filled Christmas party, toy demo days where you get to demonstrate a new toy and play with it with the kids.
Cons
Not many hours in the spring/summer, having to up-sell their Buyer Protection Plan on 80% of items.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON18 August 2017
Some co-workers were pretty chill. Always something to do most of the time when you're bored. Always ask to learn new areas of this workplace cause there a lot you can do.
a great learning experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 August 2017
a day at work would be filled with different types of tasks, they would vary from stocking new inventory to compacting cardboard. You will learn a number of new jobs
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Toys R us is a great company that I have worked with for almost two years. The management is great and the other staff are very friendly. i am grateful for all the experience and knowledge that this company has given me.
Super productive great place to work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 August 2017
Love the atmosphere love being around toys my coworkers are amazing people positive energy all around I feel comfortable there full time hours have regular breaks
Pros
Breaks
Great for seasonal work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2017
Work there for the busy Christmas season. Very long hours and days but had a great team that I worked with. Never any complaints or issues with any coworker or supervisor.
Great work experience with fun co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 July 2017
The best experience I had was with my co-workers. They made the job even better than it already was. The job itself was also a great experience as it taught me how to multitask as I had to accomplish many tasks at once (helping customers while cleaning up assigned aisle). This job was a very memorable one that I genuinely enjoyed.
Pros
Friendly environment, organized, good management
Cons
long hours on weekends
The staff working with here is great.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 July 2017
I am still at Toys R Us, and I am having a great time working here. Everyone is friendly, and easy going. The benefits of working here is for sure the knowledge I have learned from the interactions I have made with the clientele, as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Random Free Pizza Days
Cons
Short Hours
Fun workplace with very fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 July 2017
Was very easy to adapt to working in a very busy environment thanks to the christmas deals. management understands what you can and can't do, and will do their best to make it easier for you.
Pros
fun co-workers
Training was bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 July 2017
They didn't train me on floor, only for cashier. I was unsure what I was supposed to do whenever on floor and looked stupid whenever someone asked about certain objects.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Bad training
fun place to be
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2017
Toys"R"us is a great place to work, they have a great team spirit and management is amazing they're very flexible with their work schedule and are committed to making sure that us workers are comfortable and safe at all times that what i loved about working at Toys"R"us.
Fun workplace and great place to learn skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
Hard to deal with frustrated customers, but learned to deal with them better especially when store is busy. Coworkers are extremely accepting and friendly.
Fun work environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2017
Very easy job with friendly employees and fairly relaxed management. Flexible scheduling.

Best for seasonal work around christmas as there really aren't any hours to give out for 8 months of the year.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Very little hours and bare minimum pay.
sales staff is kind
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 July 2017
After working for this company for many years it is clear there is no room for advancement. Management is unkind to staff and has no loyalties to anyone.
Amazing first Job
Customer Service, Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 July 2017
friendly, cooperative, easy-going
chance for advancement every month or at annual review
part-time availability to profit sharing and stock
still in touch with previous employees
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
Great company to work for. Loves the staff and customer aspect of the environment.
They couldn't pay me more sadly.
Glad that although I left they couldn't match the salary I was now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.