Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

if you liked highschool youll love Toys R US
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Co-workers and management was a complete joke at the location I worked for. Definitely favoritism going on and a lot of childish games.
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 August 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges to look forward to.
productive, great employees, large breakroom
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 August 2016
typical day at work would involve working cash, customer service, and on the floor. This was my first job so I learned many different things. Hardest part of the job would be working during the holidays. Most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
good people
good place to work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 October 2016
The management at the Toys 'R' Us at Burlington, Ontario is very good. They strongly believe in working safe and respecting one another. It is a good place to work.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low wage
Friendly environment whilst professional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges which is what I look forward to.
Enjoyable work environment, nice co-workers.
500/Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2016
Depending on if the shift was in the morning or evening would a typical day at Toys R Us would involve prepping the store for open, making sure it is ready for customers. Once doors are opened focus shifts to assisting customers to the best of your ability and essentially stays that way until near close. Then cleaning up and organizing the store becomes another focus. The co-workers were for the most part similar in age, 15-20 years of age. All quite nice and the managers were also good.
Pros
Agreeable system for shift changes.
Cons
Long hours, occasionally monotonous work.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2016
Bogus. Managers are horrendous to customers and employees. They will find excuses to fire you no matter how well youre doing. Personally there was a conspiracy about calling in and complimenting myself from 4 different phone numbers.
Pros
15 percent discount
Cons
Long hours, over worked, no lunch on certain days, managers treat you like garbage, there isnt a single manager that will treat you as a human instead of a working machine
I didnt like it.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2016
While most of the employees were people I would consider friends, managemental wasn't entirely nice to me, I didn't get any breaks, and I would do the same thing over and over again.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Didnt get paid like i should.
great place to work
R Zone Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
managers are amazing, and a great place to learn about new products and whats hot on today's market, I never once felt uncomfortable. the minute i started working i felt accepted and there was no awkward first few days and training was very on point they don't just run you through then let you figure out the rest, they ensure you have the proper tools to do your job properly .
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low hours January through till march
Miserable Experince
Supervisor/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
At first everything was great. They were able to work around what I needed for scheduling and everyone was fantastic to work with.

Now it's all become downhill. The managers won't listen to criticism when it is given and any sort of discussion turns into a Manager against the Employee situation. Even when trying to bring issues up further to HR, they seem to treat it the exact same way.
Loved coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC3 August 2016
The time period that I worked there, was very busy and we had a lot of pressure. I had too many hours throughout the week and weekend with school. Although I loved my coworkers, I made many new friends.
Pros
Friends
Typical Retail Position
Merchandising & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 July 2016
Very hectic during the peak shopping seasons (Christmas). Job is secure; however, not much opportunity for quick advancement in the company. Based solely on seniority, not on skills or work ethic.
Fun place with wonderful people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Enjoyable workplace with great coworkers and managers. There was always work to be done, and someone was always there if you needed help. Hardest part of the job was looking for specific items for customers. The most enjoyable was working alongside amazing people.
Fun workplace overall
Shipper/Receiver (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 October 2016
Overall was a good experiences. Met nice people and always got the job done. Always had to be prepared. My manager was cool very understanding. Stock. Climbing ladders. Shelving. Pricing. Cleaning. Receiving shipment. Hardest part of the job was put everything on the high shelves with the ladder. Co workers were all cool. Best part was the experience
Pros
New experience
Cons
Overnight. Not allowed to leave work after hours. Eating habits
Standard sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2016
-No commission causes for lax environment but no chance at extra pay for effort
-Standard retail management, few going above and beyond
-Making clients happy is the best part
-Hardest part is satisfying angry clients
Volunteered
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 January 2017
As part of my co-op work term while at Emily Carr gr. 11, I was hired as a Stock Clerk, and was involved in restocking shelves with inventory, scanning codes to update inventory levels, assisted customers with sourcing products on shelves, and was involved in general organization within the stock room and throughout the store.
Pros
Open environment
Cons
Wasn't on payroll
it's a fun place to work however it is far from where i live
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 August 2016
if you are going to be the main cashier be prepared to multi-task. You seriously need to familiarize the store so you can directly help the customers. Also be familiar with toys. The hardest part of the job is just it is almost an hour bus ride from my home. The enjoyable part is seeing the children or customers leaving the store happy and my co-workers are fun to work with.
Pros
fun to work
Cons
prepare to sell
Working at Toys R Us
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 November 2016
I learn how to make orders online
I did cashier and customer service
Answered phone calls
Cleaning
Mark Ups and Mark Downs

I enjoy the friends I did make and the help that they gave me.
Pros
Great shifts and availability
Cons
Never making the last bus when the store ended
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
Volunteering at Toy's R Us, gave me that social experience with customers, also gave me that experience with stocking the shelves and price tagging. Toy's R Us is a very welcoming, fun, and safe workplace. Toy's R Us has great employees, all employees were welcoming to me, when I was doing my volunteer work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
small store
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
Corporate office is a great place to work. They put in a lot of effort to create a work life balance. There is no politics or back stabbing. It is like a close society where everyone knows everybody.