Toys 'R' Us
4,571 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Basically fired for needing light duties
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 29, 2015
I received an injury that was not clear if it was job related. My doctor requested light duties and all of my hours were cut.
Great Place to Begin
Cashier, Customer Service, Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Cookstown Outlet MallApril 28, 2015
Toys R Us was a wonderful opportunity to start my learning of retail. I dealt with all kinds of customers, as kids can be bought for by anybody. I would stock shelves, be a cashier, and give a hand to all associates and managers that asked. Management was a key factor in my decision to work there as they all were people who deserved and returned respect daily. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers who insistently tried to trick myself and management into getting a better deal, whether by moving shelf tags or telling us, "It was posted as cheaper!" Of course, these customers were dealt with through pleasant manners and respectable ways. The most enjoyable was the coworkers and management staff, as no matter how long the shift it always felt like a short day!
Fun work place,great co-workers
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Current Employee), edmonton,abApril 27, 2015
Great place to work, Easy to get along with co-workers/supervisor's. Learned to make online orders as well as drive the wave.
Its was a fine enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 27, 2015
work was fair and the posted hours were fine. job security was never guaranteed and they would just remove you from the hours list without explanation upon termination
Good company, not so good staffing (varies)
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
Personally, I think that my time at Toys 'R us was a fairly decent job, but I did find it to be a little displeasing within some places. The management is great, and they're phenomenal people to work with. They're friendly, supportive and are ready to help out in any way. With co-workers, they vary from branch to branch. At the Macleod Trail branch, some of the co-workers are not very pleasant, whereas on the other hand some are rather well.
Productive and very fun with a lot of smiles
Swamper \ ware house associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
Stacking and wrapping pallets for different departments, putting it on to the sales floor occasionally. Using forklift to organize and stock pallets. How to put together bikes make orders for wanted inventory. Got along with everyone just fine, Hardest part of the job carrying boxes out to the trailers in the snow, collecting carts from the parking lot in freezing conditions. So many smiles happy children and better yet, CHRISTMAS!!!
ToysRus
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours
Cons: Bad customers
When I started at ToysRus I was young and it was my first real job. I enjoyed working there, I got many hours. I was the youngest person working there at the time so I was often looked down on by my co-workers. Other than that I liked the job.
Fun, never boring
Cashier (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 7, 2015
Cleaning, stocking, answering phones. Great co-workers, good management. I learned how to do online orders, and how to tag properly.
cashier, customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerApril 6, 2015
Management and personnel were always to help with any question and willing to help you excelling at our job. I have worked at the customer service helping customers find exactly what they were looking for and gave advice to their questions. From putting products on shelves or standing at a cash register. I enjoyed working for this company.
Overall great work experience.
Associate (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 3, 2015
Great accommodating management. Enjoyable work environment. Good training program. The employees were very easy to work with and the hours were reasonable.
fun worplace
World Sales leader (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great group of people
Cons: No full time hours
Great environment, lots of room to move up in the company and great team work. Work isn't to hard and its a great job to be doing while in school.
great staff, not to great work environment
Teacher Assistant Co-op (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Fun and fast pace environment.

Tagging and pricing.

Management was good for the most part, all the managers did their job and were nice for the most part.

Co-workers were diverse, some were easy to get along with and others not so much but at the end of the day the job got done well.

the hardest part of the job was trying to find inventory in the back - messy back there.

getting retail experience
Toys r us
Overnight Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
it was hard getting used to nightshift but as time went on it got better. I liked the people i worked with and enjoyed the job in the end.
Heavy lifting, and a slide for product
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 6, 2015
Warehouse not so ventilated or organized, but generally good company to keep. Worked there for a summer, and can't complain.
would not work for again
Cashier, Sales Assosiate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: horrible managment and team expectations
company that based if you stayed or not on how many warentees you sold versus how many products. and how many happy customers that you had did not matter would never work for them again.
Shipping and RF Scanning
Day Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 19, 2015
- Stocking boxes of products on the shelves in order to display for Merchandising
- Using the RF scanning gun to check the pricing adjustment and inventory in check
- Assisted a night shift crew staff in mult-tasking in merchandising and inventory
- Currently training in assembling all kind of bikes for happy customers
- Shadowing from a sales associate in receiving and shipping regarding the bikes
Productive, fun
Cashier (Former Employee), West Island, QCFebruary 14, 2015
Working for this establishment was fun and I would go back if possible. If there would be an opening, then I will gladly accept it.
Busy and fun environment to work.
Sales Associate/ Costumer Service (Current Employee), Halifax NSFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at Toys R Us consists of completing daily sales goals as well as measurable, such as: registries, Buyer Protection Plans, batteries and seasonal campaigns.
The job at Babies R Us thought me to work in a fast paste environment while providing great costumer service and achieving my goals.
The most enjoyable part about my job is that i built long lasting relationships with my costumers. Starting with the exiting time that they are expecting their bundle of joy and growing up.
Management is very approachable and easy to get along with. In general the whole Toys R Us/Babies R Us team is great.
Fun and good amount of shifts.
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines. ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: a lot of shifts
Cons: long hours of standing
My typical day at work would be constantly talking with customers while checking them through while balancing going out onto the floor to help customers one on one. My co- workers were inviting and fun to be around, they made me feel comfortable in the work place. The hardest part about working there was the long hours standing at the cash, I could be there between 6- 11 hours a day. The best part for me was that I felt happy with my managers because they were lenient when I needed time off for personal reasons.
Productive and Fun
Store Room employee (Current Employee), london,onJanuary 27, 2015
Great Place to work, very fun and energetic work environment, as well as great staff, management is very flexible with satisfying employee needs

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more