Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Fast-paced but fun environment
Babies "R" Us Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 17, 2016
The environment at Toys "R" Us was rather fun and exciting, being able to see the new offers that come out each week. It was fast-paced but employees were always willing to teach and help. My co-workers were lovely people who made the experience much more comfortable. The management did touch on a sensitive topic for me that was out of my control, but it was resolved fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on everyone's faces.
Pros
Half an hour lunches
Cons
Sometimes had to work 9-10 hours
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
Corporate office is a great place to work. They put in a lot of effort to create a work life balance. There is no politics or back stabbing. It is like a close society where everyone knows everybody.
productive work place
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 28, 2016
Working at Toys "R" US gave me a new outlook on thw working life. It made me realize how ignorant and rude people can be when they don't get their way but how happy they are when it all goes well. Working there was a real eye opener, I worked over the Chirstmas seaon and never actually knew what people eant when they talked about beening busy until I was a part of it,.
Friendly environment whilst professional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges which is what I look forward to.
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges to look forward to.
productive, great employees, large breakroom
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 18, 2016
typical day at work would involve working cash, customer service, and on the floor. This was my first job so I learned many different things. Hardest part of the job would be working during the holidays. Most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
good people
Good First Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Working at Toys R Us was my very first job and I really liked it. Co-workers were really friendly and nice as well as the managers and most of the time you're either on the cash register or on the floor helping customers and reorganizing products that are misplaced.
Pros
Everyone there is friendly
Great work atmosphere
Bike Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 13, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Toys R Us as a bike sales leader, I have been given allowed independence in organizing priorities and maintaining good work standards.
Pros
friendly, positive atmosphere
Cons
little recognition for continued hard work
Boring
STOCK WORKER/BIKE BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJuly 27, 2016
Employees and Customers are grumpy. They start cutting hours if they want to get rid of you. Pay is mediocre. Managers aren't very friendly. Some employees are friendly some seem like they're always having a bad day.
Pros
Cons
The store has a boring vibe
productive and fun work enviroment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
great people
Standard sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2016
-No commission causes for lax environment but no chance at extra pay for effort
-Standard retail management, few going above and beyond
-Making clients happy is the best part
-Hardest part is satisfying angry clients
Loved coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 3, 2016
The time period that I worked there, was very busy and we had a lot of pressure. I had too many hours throughout the week and weekend with school. Although I loved my coworkers, I made many new friends.
Pros
Friends
Typical Retail Position
Merchandising & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 26, 2016
Very hectic during the peak shopping seasons (Christmas). Job is secure; however, not much opportunity for quick advancement in the company. Based solely on seniority, not on skills or work ethic.
I didnt like it.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 19, 2016
While most of the employees were people I would consider friends, managemental wasn't entirely nice to me, I didn't get any breaks, and I would do the same thing over and over again.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Didnt get paid like i should.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
This job is great if you'd like to learn how to perform tasks in a extremely busy environment. It's helped me improve my customer service, organizational and most importantly time management skills a lot. I've enjoyed being around kids very much as well as some of my co-workers.
Positive work environment
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 13, 2015
. Typical day at work consists of coming in for night shift and unloading the tractor trailer, so colleagues can put product out on the floor.
. Toys R us has a positive and welcoming company culture.
. Management are very laid back and always try to accommodate staff.
. Hardest part of the job is getting the truck unloaded before the end of the shift.
. Most enjoyable part of the job is playing with the toys on down time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Working Night, and low wages
Great place to start your career
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 6, 2016
Fun place to start your career. Energetic work environment. Lots of opportunity to learn. Great training programs.Incentives for all employees.
Fun Envoirnment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Working at ToysRUs was definitely a great experience as it made you learn about managing different tasks at the same time as well as having great customer experience. Weather dealing with an upset customer or seeing a child so excited about a toy, it was for sure a learning experience. Management could of been better as different managers were on different pages. For example, one manager would say this is how you do something, and the other would then come back and yell at you for doing it wrong. Regardless, all management were kind and caring.
Pros
working with children, working with toys all day
Cons
sometimes long hours, not many raises, or acknowledgement for good work
was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONSeptember 17, 2016
a typical day at work was coming in unloading the truck putting all the toys on the dolly's to stock the shelves also assisting customers who sought help in the store.
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 5, 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.