Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: enjoyed the working environment
Cons: not enough shifts
I enjoyed working at ToysRus, nice people to work with and a very good work experience for myself and my other co-workers
Fast-paced but fun environment
Babies "R" Us Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Half an hour lunches
Cons: Sometimes had to work 9-10 hours
The environment at Toys "R" Us was rather fun and exciting, being able to see the new offers that come out each week. It was fast-paced but employees were always willing to teach and help. My co-workers were lovely people who made the experience much more comfortable. The management did touch on a sensitive topic for me that was out of my control, but it was resolved fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on everyone's faces.
fun place during the holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 12, 2016
a good amount of work
the co-workers were very friendly
the costumers were very fun to help
loved seeing the children having fun with the toys
Adequate
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Working at Toys R Us was adequate for me only because it was during the Christmas holidays and some days became more stressful than others. I did not have a great chance of being hired afterwards due to the fact that they kept all their old employees and were not looking for other new ones. They were okay at balancing my school work with my shifts but sometimes it was hard to switch.
Good if your in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: people are good to work with
Cons: Managemnt ask a lot and they don't talk to each other very much
Not easy to move up the ladder,pay sucks and hours are bad unless your in school. The people are ok to work with. you get a 15% disscount
Productive and fun workplace with bad managers.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Free lunches sometimes, 15% discount on everything in the store, co-workers were respectful and friendly.
Cons: Long hours, walking around a lot, managers, dealing with rude customers.
A typical day at Toys 'R' Us would be restocking toys half of the time and helping customers the other half. I learned how to communicate better with people since the job requires you to help customers. The managers at the store were not the nicest and did not give me proper training for the job and didn't pay me on my first day (training day). The co-workers were very friendly, and very respectful. The hardest part of the job was having to restock the toys because there was just so many toys out of place that it took a long time before we got everything organized and was allowed to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and making them feel wanted and respected.
Good overall
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Merivale, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: 15% discount
Working nights was not as hard as i thought it would be, i was mostly working in the lego section and that was favorite spot to work. the hours were good and the pay was good to, coworkers were friendly and the mangers were nice.
toys r us summary
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
although this was a seasonal contract I Loved this employment.
the management was actually very well and customers were fun as were the employees.
Productive yet entertaining
Night Crew (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: 2 half hour breaks, friendly people
A normal day is : Arrive. meeting, go to work ( grab a cart, see what needs to be refilled and go find the correct items, if none are present, put different ones out and replace price tags)
a typical day is cashing out clients
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday and making the children and expecting mother's feel good. sharing in the excitement of an upcoming birth or even a new baby down to the adults who want to activate the child in them.
It was a fun enviroment to work in.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Toys 'R' Us was a fun place to work at, because the people were so welcoming, and super nice!
Also because I got to see children everyday!
Amazing Team
Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: star light foundation for children
was a amazing experience working with the toys r us team I have learned so much in my customer service , always learning something new with the cashier position meeting new people,

only seasonal yes but i would definitely go back each season to help the team out.

great tons of fun
Too little pay for too much work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 29, 2016
It's the easiest and the hardest job I've ever hard. Most costumers are difficult all the time, and sales metrics are not on comision.
It was meh
Inventory/Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: The work space was fun most of the time
Cons: Not nearly enough hours
I only worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas holidays. However based on how organized the schedules and management staff were I'd say there could've been a huge gap for improvement.
Retail Employeer
Oracle Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) DBA (Current Employee), Concord, ONJanuary 25, 2016
As TRU is retail organization with sales margin in mind - salaries are marginal as well, but work environment provide good balance of work and life.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: Managment throwing trash
My managers would throw trash in between the tills from the night before and we had to clean it even if we didn't make the mess. My coworkers were very friendly and would see if I needed anything and would show me how to correct problems.
Enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
At Toys 'R' Us, the most enjoyable part was the environment, everyone worked as a team. My days consisted of helping customers around the store, finding items in the back, and carrying heavy loads.
Fun time at toy's r us
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
what a great place to work i have never worked with so many amazing people in my life met lots of friends and the management was great always busy around the holidays keeps you on your toes
fun coworkers and supervisors
sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: only weekends
disarmed, and arm my booth, deal with customers who want to exchange their products, clean booth, count money and stock products
Friendly place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Friendly out going positive. It was fun working with the staff and being able to help customer with what they are looking for
Headquarters