Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 October 2017
Was a fun environment to work in with mostly uplifting management. Employees got to see different aspects of the store and are given more than adequate training to succeed in their field.
Bittersweet place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 October 2017
Working at Toys R Us 3569 had given me insight into how bittersweet working in retail can be. The management can be caring at times, the hours are somewhat steady and it can be an inviting atmosphere at times. The staff members I have been given the pleasure of working with have become a second family to me, and I even met most of my best friends through the store.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unsteady hours
A Great team Environment
Storage & Retrieval Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONtario4 October 2017
A lot of long standing team members make the DC a fun place to work. Not to sound corny, but it felt like being part of a family.

You have every dynamic one can think of, and they all come together to achieve great success.
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance & Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 October 2017
A great company to work for which gives you complete independence to take your own decisions. The management team is very supportive and open. My first opportunity in a supervisory role. A good work to life balance.
Great place
World Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB28 September 2017
I will never have anything bad to say about these guys one of the best places i have ever worked and i would go back in a heartbeat if my old job was offered back to me. I always enjoyed it and will always look forward to going into this store
Co-op Placement
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
During my Co-op placement here i learned a lot about how a everyday work life is like and how i should prepare myself for the future. i learned the everyday routines and i did every task that i was handed efficiently and correctly, i also asked questions when i needed help on a task or on how something was done or where the proper placement of things was.
lame
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
a typical day at work involved standing around doing nothing because theres nothing to do. management would get mad because your doing nothing then proceed to approach you and ask what your doing, when u answer with the truth they say do something and you would say like what then they would say dont know.
Pick up Associate (seasonal)
Pick up Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 September 2017
-Answered customer service calls

-Organized backroom storage

-Stocked products onto shelves and overstock

-Helped customers carry out products to vehicles
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
i enjoyed working at toys r us while i had the opportunity. it was face paced and easy to learn which i like. i enjoyed all the managers as they were helpful and persistent with us. unfortunately it was just a seasonal job and i was not asked to stay.
Very fast paced environment with great customers and employees
Front End Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE21 September 2017
-A typical day at work , morning meeting , paperwork , doing reports reviewing reports. Assigning tasks to staff , delegating work , following up with associates on assigned tasks , receiving product from vendors. Engaging with customers to ensure there needs are met .
Cons
Very long hours, with no work/life balance
Good place to work for the first time
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON18 September 2017
This was my first job. I started at 17 and quit at 20. It taught me a lot of valuable knowledge useful for future jobs in retail. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Lots of get-togethers with co-workers
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 September 2017
My typical day at work is very productive through my main task of assisting customers and helping through 'piecing' and 'facing' products. I learned many tasks through my workplace at Toys R Us such as, using the cash register, merchandising, organizing the truck bay, pricing, as well as assisting customers through on my knowledge towards certain products and services. Ultimately, my experience while working at Toys R Us has been tremendously beneficial towards my future career opportunities.
bonne place
Faire l'entretien (Current Employee) –  La Cour (19)16 September 2017
très bonne place bonne équipe très bonne environnement de travail
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1110 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3K 6S411 September 2017
good company to work.

I was working there for about 6 months and I really enjoyed spending time with kids and helping them to find desired toys.

I think it was good opportunity to learn more about customer service representative position.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 September 2017
Although it was great to work around kids and helping them out, but the job did require a lot of patience.The hours were flexible but not weren't guaranteed.
Very friendly environment and the people vwry helpful
Material Handler2 (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON9 September 2017
Very good company to work for.being around fire a very long time. In the retail children business .have over a hundred stores around Canada. The reach truck., counter balance, order picker and walkie rider job available
Pros
Summer hours program
Cons
Alot of work
Poor Management
Storeroom Team Member and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2017
Throughout my time at Toys 'R' Us I was always a hard worker and always gave great customer service. Regardless of performance the managers would always find something to nitpick even when there was no relevant issues.
Fun and Active
Distribution Processor (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON6 September 2017
Working for the Toys R Us distribution center can get really busy at first on the seasonal time. Co-workers and management likes to get things going on-time so that customers can get the job done.
Wonderful coworkers and managers
Pick up (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2017
I was never sad or disappointing to go to work at Toys R US because the people I worked with were/are very friendly and funny people the only disappointment was my job position. I did not like what i had to do and I was also the only girl in my position. I really wanted to work cash but that does not matter I had a job and was making money
Pros
good working hours
Cons
SUPER busy during the christmas
Toys R Us
Cashier - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2017
Great friendly work environment. Seeing kids faces light up when they are purchasing a new toy is an awesome thing to get to watch. The staff is generally all very upbeat and energetic.
Cons
Overloaded "re-shop" carts, being required to sell insurance plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.