Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  jane and steelesAugust 17, 2016
when i started working at toys r us the people were friendly the co workers helped each other.if someone didnt know how to do something we took the time to show them. the hardest part for me is when i started working there and i need to learn how to use the machine.the most enjoyable time for me was when we had luchins
Pros
nice staff
Cons
lost of lifting
Sales
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 15, 2016
Working at toys r us helped me deal with customer service and to work under pressure in stressful times. I was a seasonal associate for the christmas time which meant a very busy season. Hardest part was learning each section and the deals going on for the day, but I'm very good with dealing and talking to customers and learning quickly.
Great work atmosphere
Bike Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 13, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Toys R Us as a bike sales leader, I have been given allowed independence in organizing priorities and maintaining good work standards.
Pros
friendly, positive atmosphere
Cons
little recognition for continued hard work
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges to look forward to.
Friendly environment whilst professional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2016
The company offers flexible hours which is beneficial. Plus the management is supportive in various ways. Customer service is essential in retail and working here makes you accustomed with this particular skill. Everyday is different with new challenges which is what I look forward to.
Loved coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 3, 2016
The time period that I worked there, was very busy and we had a lot of pressure. I had too many hours throughout the week and weekend with school. Although I loved my coworkers, I made many new friends.
Pros
Friends
Boring
STOCK WORKER/BIKE BUILDER (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJuly 27, 2016
Employees and Customers are grumpy. They start cutting hours if they want to get rid of you. Pay is mediocre. Managers aren't very friendly. Some employees are friendly some seem like they're always having a bad day.
Pros
Cons
The store has a boring vibe
Standard sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2016
-No commission causes for lax environment but no chance at extra pay for effort
-Standard retail management, few going above and beyond
-Making clients happy is the best part
-Hardest part is satisfying angry clients
Typical Retail Position
Merchandising & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 26, 2016
Very hectic during the peak shopping seasons (Christmas). Job is secure; however, not much opportunity for quick advancement in the company. Based solely on seniority, not on skills or work ethic.
Busy and fun work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 16, 2016
Management is very thoughtful and considerate to employees. Annual raises and optional benefits, as well as scholarship opportunities. There are "measurables" that employees are expected to meet, which places some unnecessary pressure. Product is fun, and coworkers keep a good attitude and are very friendly. Can be quite disorganized in the store at times, and customers often complained.
Pros
close food court, kitchen
Cons
schedule is posted last minute
good experience of work knowlodge
Gérant (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJuly 10, 2016
every day is a new experience. New toys, new customer every day. Plenty of sale on a weekly basis and a great Baby experience..
Toy Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 7, 2016
Working at Toys R us was really amazing, people were friendly, come on its a toy store, who doesn't love that.
CO workers were ok, young teens working there, breath of fresh air.
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 5, 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.
Great staff and always busy.
Cashier/Floor Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 2, 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed how busy and fast paced it was. Great co-workers and management. Everyday you're always learning.
Great place to learn knowledge of parenting in Canada
Baby Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 2, 2016
It is a busy environment but full of life. Lots to do, wonderful if you like to keep busy. Lots to learn about.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
High Turn Over Rate
Enjoyed my time with them
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2016
Assisted in merchandising and enjoyed being part of a team. The position was meaningful and challenging while allowing me to engage with customers and coworkers.
Nice, fun place with very consistent work
500's (Former Employee) –  690 Evans Avenue, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1A1June 29, 2016
I primarily worked in the packing area, moving boxes from trucks and into storage, organizing everything neatly. I really enjoyed my time there, but I unfortunately had to leave due to personal family things around the holidays.
Pros
Next to the mall so food was easy to get, simple and consistent work
Cons
the phones to call the warehouse staff can be a little tough to hear, the store is a mess at the end of the night because of the kids, no real place for bikes
productive work place
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 28, 2016
Working at Toys "R" US gave me a new outlook on thw working life. It made me realize how ignorant and rude people can be when they don't get their way but how happy they are when it all goes well. Working there was a real eye opener, I worked over the Chirstmas seaon and never actually knew what people eant when they talked about beening busy until I was a part of it,.
awesome but strict boss
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
words can't express how awesome my manager was. It was a seasonal position. At first, she seems strict because she pushes sales sales sales. But training is provided and you soon realise the BPP is a great plan. It's not mandatory that you get the plan but I did. When my son broke his wheel off of his car and I called in and it was replaced. so it's like recycled money.

the work environment is very friendly ad fun. great coworkers but mainly young.
Pros
educational and other benefits, opporunity to grow, training for advancement
Cons
long hours standing
Hectic during holidays.
Cashier/Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
Management is firm, especially during the holidays. The only hard part about the job is dealing with heavy work loads and long cashier line ups. This is decent place to work.