Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

your typical day at toysrus
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 June 2017
start your day by greeting customers and working till
do floor work
assist costumers if they need help
call pick up if they they didnt have it on the floor

most enjoyable part was the staff was friendly and the customers were great i felt like a little kid again working with all the toys that were there
Pros
excellent staff and customers
Cons
only seasonal
Toys r us
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2017
The branch which I was there exactly need too much improves cause they don't treat or behave fairly between natives and white people or asian ...... I didn't be comfortable there
Pros
nothing
Cons
short time
Temporary Job with minimal benefits
SEASONAL STOCK EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 June 2017
Working at the giant retail chain was not an outstanding experience. Most of the managers were very difficult to deal with; very long hours and minimum wage made the job less than satisfactory.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long Hours
luv children and babies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
enjoyable place to work,,helping others and making suggestions or what is on sale and what they could use. I have 6 grandkids for myself so I know what is needed .....
Fun workplace
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2017
Very nice management, very friendly co workers, they work very well with schedules, toys, toys, and more toys... been here for 3 years and I have had a great time!
Pros
Toys
Cons
Not many hours
Hard but Fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
A typical day of work at toys R Us is long and can sometimes be hard and tiring, especially if you're a Warehouse worker. What makes the job easier is the friendliness of the people around you who work with you.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 June 2017
I was employed just before christmas so a typical day was quite hectic. Lots of people are doing returns or exchanges so there is nearly a never ending line. When it is not christmas season it is quite quiet so there is more time to stock and organize work stations and products on the shelves.
I learned to manage my time efficently and always keep calm even with the most impatient and rude customers i have ever delt with.
Management there was friendly yet professional. They made sure their staff was doing their job correctly and not slacking off.
The workplace culture at TOYS'R'US is more family oriented. Between the staff always having each other's back and the parents that would come in to shop with their children it was overall a place for families to enjoy.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with the extremely rude customers that would yell at you for something that isn't in your control and keeping calm. Or trying to come back from the break room without 20 people asking you where something is and asking you to bring them there because they can't find it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the happy looks on kids face when their parents got them that special toy they wanted "forever" as the kids would put it.
Pros
only had to wear a vest as uniform, staff was welcoming and friendly
Cons
Christmas is extremely busy with little to no down time, after that it is not busy at all and hours are cut significantly
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 June 2017
Very fun environment to work in. You must like communicating with others as you will work in teams often and will be dealing with customers a large portion of the day.
great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
it is a great place to work at busy and fast pace environment usually you start your day by doing re-shop which means that you have to keep the toys back onto the shelf. At times you may have to do three task at the same time helping customers find the product they are looking for, helping at the cash till and picking up phone calls and looking up for products.
Pros
employee discounts
fun workplace
Store Associate (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2017
i did my co op there and i had fun with all the managers and the co workers they were really nice to me same with the customers i coudn't have gone to any better workplace
The store I worked at was a bit unorganized. Not much communication between managers. Overall not too bad.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 June 2017
It was fun but could use work on communication between team players. Even though I was a seasonal associate at the beginning of my employment I was told they would let me know when my contract was over. They never did, they told me to check back for the schedule and i was just never scheduled again. Not even a "thanks for the hard work".
Agreable
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 June 2017
Bon environnement de travail,les gens attendent tres bien
Pros
Pause
Cons
Organisation
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2017
simply and easy job the managers and employees are nice and easy going. usually the work day is pretty easy busiest time would definitely be Christmas but the job never becomes stressful
bad employee enviroment
customer service, and cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 May 2017
I started working there when I was 14 I quit about a month later because I was getting harassed about my age and how I should not have this job. in the end I was happy with quitting
Pros
non
Cons
enviroment
Toys r us
Stock (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 May 2017
Needs better management, they are flexible with hours, easy work/environment, the rest of the regular employees rarely did anything because us seasonals were in. A lot of people quit before their end dates
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
Toys R Us
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2017
A good job for students to work part time. Working in the storeroom was highly stressful and very crowded in the outdated building. The management was too big and lacked communication.
really amazing staff, really nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 May 2017
An amazing place to work, I loved it there, an amazing environment, very welcoming. Everyone was super nice. Being able to see the happy faces of the customers is what made it amazing.
Fast-paced and stressful
Caissière saisonnière (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC24 May 2017
I was a cashier during Christmas season and it definitely was stressful. I worked long hours and a lot of shifts. During that time of year, the hardest part was to have pleasant experiences with clients and dealing with their issues and outrages at times, but nonetheless, some clients were very pleasant. My experience with my coworkers wasn't very pleasant, they tended to add more stress on me and everybody competed with each other instead of helping each other.
fun but busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 May 2017
The job was a great intro to the workforce, but mainly for children and young adults. They had us stalking the toys, talking to customers and other random tasks.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Irregular hours
Stressful during Christmas
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
Great managers, hours were hard to get covered at times. Working there in the summer is MUCH better than the winter because parents and children alike go crazy during Christmas and treat the store like garbage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.