Toys 'R' Us
4,078 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great staff, not to great work environment
Teacher Assistant Co-op (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Fun and fast pace environment.

Tagging and pricing.

Management was good for the most part, all the managers did their job and were nice for the most part.

Co-workers were diverse, some were easy to get along with and others not so much but at the end of the day the job got done well.

the hardest part of the job was trying to find inventory in the back - messy back there.

getting retail experience
Toys r us
Overnight Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
it was hard getting used to nightshift but as time went on it got better. I liked the people i worked with and enjoyed the job in the end.
Heavy lifting, and a slide for product
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 6, 2015
Warehouse not so ventilated or organized, but generally good company to keep. Worked there for a summer, and can't complain.
would not work for again
Cashier, Sales Assosiate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: horrible managment and team expectations
company that based if you stayed or not on how many warentees you sold versus how many products. and how many happy customers that you had did not matter would never work for them again.
Shipping and RF Scanning
Day Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 19, 2015
- Stocking boxes of products on the shelves in order to display for Merchandising
- Using the RF scanning gun to check the pricing adjustment and inventory in check
- Assisted a night shift crew staff in mult-tasking in merchandising and inventory
- Currently training in assembling all kind of bikes for happy customers
- Shadowing from a sales associate in receiving and shipping regarding the bikes
Productive, fun
Cashier (Former Employee), West Island, QCFebruary 14, 2015
Working for this establishment was fun and I would go back if possible. If there would be an opening, then I will gladly accept it.
Busy and fun environment to work.
Sales Associate/ Costumer Service (Current Employee), Halifax NSFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at Toys R Us consists of completing daily sales goals as well as measurable, such as: registries, Buyer Protection Plans, batteries and seasonal campaigns.
The job at Babies R Us thought me to work in a fast paste environment while providing great costumer service and achieving my goals.
The most enjoyable part about my job is that i built long lasting relationships with my costumers. Starting with the exiting time that they are expecting their bundle of joy and growing up.
Management is very approachable and easy to get along with. In general the whole Toys R Us/Babies R Us team is great.
Fun and good amount of shifts.
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines. ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: a lot of shifts
Cons: long hours of standing
My typical day at work would be constantly talking with customers while checking them through while balancing going out onto the floor to help customers one on one. My co- workers were inviting and fun to be around, they made me feel comfortable in the work place. The hardest part about working there was the long hours standing at the cash, I could be there between 6- 11 hours a day. The best part for me was that I felt happy with my managers because they were lenient when I needed time off for personal reasons.
Productive and Fun
Store Room employee (Current Employee), london,onJanuary 27, 2015
Great Place to work, very fun and energetic work environment, as well as great staff, management is very flexible with satisfying employee needs
Fun place to workwith excellent manegment
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Toys R Us is a fast paced company especially at Christmas, all of the employees are there to help the customers on any side baby, toys and electronics
Cashier, Customer Service, Electronics
Cashier (Current Employee), Saint John, N.B.January 23, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not enough hours
It is a fun place to work. Great co-workers, I love the interaction with the children and customers. I work the cash, electronics and customer service.
Easy and productive
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at Tim Hortons would be pretty slow, and a lot of cleaning would be done. Tim Hortons was my first job in a fast pace environment, so it taught it me to be fast pace and understand the concept of a fast food environment. The management team at Tim Hortons is very supportive and understanding. The co-workers at Tim Hortons were very helpful and friendly.
nice people to work with
General labor (Former Employee), 900 Dufferin streetJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 15% off everything in the store
Cons: working at nights
it was fun working at toys r us everyone laughing and just putting toys up on the shelves the hardest thing there was the masses amount of toys that came in some days and the short about of time needed to play them the most enjoyable part was just going there to work
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Typical day is ringing merchandise, making sales, answering questions and returning merchandise back to shelves.

Learned to deal with cash registers.

Management and co-workers were good to work with.

I never had a hard part of the day.

Most enjoyable part was getting to work with good people.
Was decent night shift work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONJanuary 15, 2015
I worked as warehouse associate in night crew.The experience was pretty good. Manager was really nice guy.

Job Location:Ottawa
productive and fun, awesome learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: awesome learning opportunities
Cons: co-op students don't get paid
did a lot of work with people of all ages, almost quite literally all ages.
from serving food or drink, to setting up for events hosted at the odawa center, as a co-op student could only do so much.
but did anything and everything i could with the time i had spent there
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: seasonal
How to take criticism from customers. Being able to help catch a thief. The only thing would that I found hard was not being able to do returns. All the staff that was there were great to work with.
Great employees, great managers, great atmosphere
Overnight Crew (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, great overall atmosphere
Cons: your personal life gets in the way
I loved working nights here. Everyone I worked with was a little bit geeky and easy to get along with. The managers were always on top of things and very understanding of any problems that came up. I would gladly keep this job year round if I could. The only problem with working nights is that your personal life becomes too hard to balance.
it's lots of fun wirking when you are having fun with the children and knowing you are helpping the new parents
Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: satifing the customer and they have a smile on their faces
Cons: nott having stock
helping customer on choosing the right car seat, I've learned lots on the regulation on car seat and what is suitable for the children. Management is always there when or need any question.Co-worker are great they are there when you need help even if they don't know much of the product, The hardest part off the job is when you try to every resource to help the customer for the stock of the product they are looking for and it's in back order and you are not notified about it.
Fun environment with hard working people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 28, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: mean customers
A typical day at work involves helping customers find the items they need in a friendly and fast manner. This involves checking stock and if sold out, either finding a substitute or another store that has it. I learned how to properly deal with customers and sell them buyer protection plans to ease their lives. My managers are amazing, in a way that they are strict to get the job done, yet fun going to make work simple. My co-workers are passionate people who try their best to make toysrus run smoothly. The hardest part of the job are the angry customers that come in, but overtime I have learned to help and deal with them. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers and managers that make working there like working with family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more