Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Okay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 December 2017
Management was a disappointment and difficult to work with, co workers were kind enough to show me the work environment but ultimately the supervisors put too much pressure on sales
great place to work
store director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
loved working there, great staff. great items that we sold and liked helping customers. loved the hectic atmosphere and the busy pace. like the satisfaction of seeing happy customers.
Pros
great staff
Cons
sometimes long hours
Conditions des employés pitoyable.
Commis d'entrepôt, Service a la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC10 December 2017
Le climat de travail est agréable, irritant majeur sont les heures qui suivent les ventes
Pros
Climat de travail super plaisant.
Cons
courte pause, salaire qui ne reflete pas l'effort fournis
Wonderful place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 December 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and other people in different departments. They were all very friendly and fun to be around. It never felt like work.
Fun at Toys R Us
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
Fun working environment and very fast paced during the holiday season. They are very strict about selling the Buyer Protection Plans! Co-workers are usually pretty friendly.
Pros
Discounted toys
Cons
Selling BPPs, fast paced
great place to work if you are great at selling store warranty
seasonal full time cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
management was great so long as you meet the quota for store warranty which i think is little high. the person that trained me was very understanding and if you need help with your till there was lot was someone who could help you.
Pros
discount on all product
Cons
selling store warranty on anything that moves, lights up or electronic and i mean anything
fun place to work
Seasonal Baby Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 November 2017
I only worked part time as a seasonal sales associate. But while i was there it was an okay place, everyone was nice the customers for the most part were nice as well.
I loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
I loved working at toys r us. The co workers and customers were excellent. Management was fair and respectful of associates. The pay was horrible but overall the job was fun and easy
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people you get along with, as well as the days we get stock of things such as (hatchimals) the way the kids get excited, just brought a smile to my face.
The managers were all very kind and caring
Pros
everyone got along
Cons
buyers protection plan mattered too much
Not Bad
500/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 November 2017
Co-workers made all the difference, learned a lot about toys and educational sets, bike repairs, and assembling the demo furniture and the fixtures.
Management wasn't always thrilled about individual thinking and protected themselves to a point where any complaint about the director or assistant director to head office was given to said individuals to handle. They preferred to have their favorites in store over hard workers
Pros
Good people, lots of room to learn
Cons
More political then running for office
It was a hard job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC20 November 2017
you always had toversale all the items in the store.
You were given an amount of things to sale fr the week and if that wasnt reached youd end up in the office about not upsalling batterys for example.
too many toys had to be undergarentee and not all the clients wanted too.
some coworkers werent too happy to work with women. the men werent from a culter where woman are allowed to work n be independent.
Pros
the toys reminded me of my child hood
Cons
immagrants werent happy to work with women
bad
SESONAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2017
the job was low paying with bad hours and the management did not care about the staff as they fired most of the staff on Christmas eve and they did it by posting it on the wall instead of talking to people.
Pros
other staff were nice
Cons
poor management
Fun to work at with great staff an customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 November 2017
My main reason for the bad rating as i was hired a week ago as a cashier but was put on a very early start time of 6am till 2pm well store dont open till 10am most days so they had me packaging online orders an putting them into boxes, also had ro replenish the boxes at end of shift. Now i got one 4 hour training day on cash an bekng a cashier thought i did good but to only be let go the following day. Now i did mention to them i had 2 herniated buldging disks in my back an that i shouldnt be picking up over 50 lbs. They were ok with that but yet had me doing the job they gave me. I think it is really unfair to say your a cashier so they can pay you minimum wage then put you in the warehouse breaking yourself daily to keep up with demand of orders. Overall the working enviroment is constantly changing with demand an staff are great. Management on the other hand not so much. I was told not to rake it personal but how cant i when i told them about my disibility an they just ignored it apparently.
Pros
Got off at 2pm.
Cons
Management, Poor wage for work load, Early start times 6am, Told im a cashier but worked in warehouse the whole time
Not a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 November 2017
I worked here when they first opened in town and thought at first it was a good place. Then when I couldn't sell the protection plan on products i started to lose hours on my schedule. I ended up having to find other work elsewhere and when I did I informed management of my new availability and they scheduled me to work when I needed to be at my other job. I ended up quitting. Then was slandered by someone that worked there. I went to management and NOTHING was done about it.
Some good people . But karen is the rudest person i have ever met !!!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 November 2017
If you are a person that has another job. They will not work with scheduling . Terrible place , mostly when you see how they treat the stuff they sell .
very fun and friendly environment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 November 2017
i enjoyed working at toys r us because it brought the kid out of me in many ways and was always good times with my co-workers never a dull moment and never a bad expeience
Pros
always fun
Cons
pay wasn't the greatest
Environnement de travail productif et agreable
Placeur de marchandise (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC14 November 2017
L'ambiance de travaille est sympathique dû au fait que nous sommes en contact avec des enfants et l'équipe de travaille est à leur affaire tout en restant drôle et dynamique.
As a seasonal sales associate I did not receive sufficient training and was rushed to perform tasks by myself. Shifts are few and far apart.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 November 2017
As a seasonal sales associate the shifts given are very few and far apart. The management was very disorganized and rude, however the manager specifically was very nice and pleasant to work with. As a seasonal worker I did not receive much training, and was rushed to perform tasks by myself during busy times. Appropriate help was not received. Store directory was very rude to deal with, I had a very negative experience specially with this.
Pros
*good people to work with
Cons
Too many to list but here are a few: Lack of training, bad management, shifts are few and far apart
Favorite
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2017
Although my work at Toys R Us was temporary is was my most enjoyable. The work was simple place product in its proper area and price it. Wish they had longer night positions.
Pros
discounts on product
Cons
night and early morning shifts
Awesome workplace; no complaints
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 November 2017
I worked at Toys R Us and loved working there. Everyone was friendly and helpful and worked well together. Didn't mind helping if mistakes were made, and if something new came up they helped you.
Pros
Helpful other staff, friendly management, great discount.
Cons
If you arent available two evenings and one weekend day they can't keep you, but that's not really hard to reach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.