Toys 'R' Us

5.1K reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

a typical day is cashing out clients
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2016
meeting new people everyday and making the children and expecting mother's feel good. sharing in the excitement of an upcoming birth or even a new baby down to the adults who want to activate the child in them.
It was a fun enviroment to work in.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Toys 'R' Us was a fun place to work at, because the people were so welcoming, and super nice!
Also because I got to see children everyday!
Amazing Team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCFebruary 3, 2016
was a amazing experience working with the toys r us team I have learned so much in my customer service , always learning something new with the cashier position meeting new people,

only seasonal yes but i would definitely go back each season to help the team out.

great tons of fun
Pros
star light foundation for children
Too little pay for too much work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 29, 2016
It's the easiest and the hardest job I've ever hard. Most costumers are difficult all the time, and sales metrics are not on comision.
It was meh
Inventory/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
I only worked at Toys R Us for the Christmas holidays. However based on how organized the schedules and management staff were I'd say there could've been a huge gap for improvement.
Pros
The work space was fun most of the time
Cons
Not nearly enough hours
Retail Employeer
Oracle Enterprise Business Solution (EBS) DBA (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJanuary 25, 2016
As TRU is retail organization with sales margin in mind - salaries are marginal as well, but work environment provide good balance of work and life.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 24, 2016
My managers would throw trash in between the tills from the night before and we had to clean it even if we didn't make the mess. My coworkers were very friendly and would see if I needed anything and would show me how to correct problems.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Managment throwing trash
Enjoyable workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
At Toys 'R' Us, the most enjoyable part was the environment, everyone worked as a team. My days consisted of helping customers around the store, finding items in the back, and carrying heavy loads.
Fun time at toy's r us
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
what a great place to work i have never worked with so many amazing people in my life met lots of friends and the management was great always busy around the holidays keeps you on your toes
fun coworkers and supervisors
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
disarmed, and arm my booth, deal with customers who want to exchange their products, clean booth, count money and stock products
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only weekends
Friendly place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Friendly out going positive. It was fun working with the staff and being able to help customer with what they are looking for
Toy store
Overnight SFS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
hanging out with team and completing tasks given, proper use of time, and ability to talk to manager about anything, if issues did arise they were quick to resolve.
Pros
Discounts!!!!
Cons
Over night
My review
Rzone electronics sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work at I was hired seasonal. Got to work with a great staff and learn new skills and become more optimistic for any future employment with toys r us.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I was hired seasonal and never kept
Good for beginners.
logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Good for beginners and students to learn basic language skills and communication bases in chinese language. Very difficult management relationships, very poor corporate culture.
Excellent for a first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
Co-workers were a pleasure to work with
Learned organizing techniques, how to approach customers and meet goals, place online orders/special orders for customers, lost prevention, etc.
The hardest part was meeting the required BPP sales percentage as customers were not interested regardless of how you approached them with the topic.
Pros
Decent hours, fun co-workers, friendly environment
Cons
If you don't meet the sales percentage they give you no more hours, and no termination of employment letter received.
Very great environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2015
I enjoy every shift I work at Toys R Us. The workers are great and the supervisors are great. The midnight supervisor is very understanding and has a great attitude that helps everyone. He makes a great environment to work in and it rubs off on everyone else.
Positive work environment
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 13, 2015
. Typical day at work consists of coming in for night shift and unloading the tractor trailer, so colleagues can put product out on the floor.
. Toys R us has a positive and welcoming company culture.
. Management are very laid back and always try to accommodate staff.
. Hardest part of the job is getting the truck unloaded before the end of the shift.
. Most enjoyable part of the job is playing with the toys on down time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Working Night, and low wages
productive and fun work enviroment
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
great people
Friendly and productive environment
Lead floor sales, customer service desk, cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 1, 2015
A typical day is steady paced with friendly staff and management. You constantly learn about new products so that you can accurately suggest items and boost sales. The hardest part of the job is finding a suitable product when you don't have enough information on the person the item is for. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes with customers enjoying the product I suggest.
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 23, 2015
Very fun place to work! Great co-workers and loved seeing the excitement on the kids faces every time they enter the store! Learned lots of customer service skills working with people of all ages.
Pros
Playing with new toys and talking to the children