Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in Canada

Standard sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2016
-No commission causes for lax environment but no chance at extra pay for effort
-Standard retail management, few going above and beyond
-Making clients happy is the best part
-Hardest part is satisfying angry clients
Typical Retail Position
Merchandising & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 26, 2016
Very hectic during the peak shopping seasons (Christmas). Job is secure; however, not much opportunity for quick advancement in the company. Based solely on seniority, not on skills or work ethic.
Busy and fun work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 16, 2016
Management is very thoughtful and considerate to employees. Annual raises and optional benefits, as well as scholarship opportunities. There are "measurables" that employees are expected to meet, which places some unnecessary pressure. Product is fun, and coworkers keep a good attitude and are very friendly. Can be quite disorganized in the store at times, and customers often complained.
Pros
close food court, kitchen
Cons
schedule is posted last minute
good experience of work knowlodge
Gérant (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJuly 10, 2016
every day is a new experience. New toys, new customer every day. Plenty of sale on a weekly basis and a great Baby experience..
Toy Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 7, 2016
Working at Toys R us was really amazing, people were friendly, come on its a toy store, who doesn't love that.
CO workers were ok, young teens working there, breath of fresh air.
cashier/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 5, 2016
Everyday when I came into work whether it was after school or on the weekends. I always felt like I had a meaning in life not just in my own endevours but in the success of a company, like I mattered.
Great staff and always busy.
Cashier/Floor Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 2, 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed how busy and fast paced it was. Great co-workers and management. Everyday you're always learning.
Great place to learn knowledge of parenting in Canada
Baby Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 2, 2016
It is a busy environment but full of life. Lots to do, wonderful if you like to keep busy. Lots to learn about.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
High Turn Over Rate
Enjoyed my time with them
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2016
Assisted in merchandising and enjoyed being part of a team. The position was meaningful and challenging while allowing me to engage with customers and coworkers.
Nice, fun place with very consistent work
500's (Former Employee) –  690 Evans Avenue, Etobicoke, ON M9C 1A1June 29, 2016
I primarily worked in the packing area, moving boxes from trucks and into storage, organizing everything neatly. I really enjoyed my time there, but I unfortunately had to leave due to personal family things around the holidays.
Pros
Next to the mall so food was easy to get, simple and consistent work
Cons
the phones to call the warehouse staff can be a little tough to hear, the store is a mess at the end of the night because of the kids, no real place for bikes
productive work place
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 28, 2016
Working at Toys "R" US gave me a new outlook on thw working life. It made me realize how ignorant and rude people can be when they don't get their way but how happy they are when it all goes well. Working there was a real eye opener, I worked over the Chirstmas seaon and never actually knew what people eant when they talked about beening busy until I was a part of it,.
awesome but strict boss
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
words can't express how awesome my manager was. It was a seasonal position. At first, she seems strict because she pushes sales sales sales. But training is provided and you soon realise the BPP is a great plan. It's not mandatory that you get the plan but I did. When my son broke his wheel off of his car and I called in and it was replaced. so it's like recycled money.

the work environment is very friendly ad fun. great coworkers but mainly young.
Pros
educational and other benefits, opporunity to grow, training for advancement
Cons
long hours standing
Hectic during holidays.
Cashier/Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
Management is firm, especially during the holidays. The only hard part about the job is dealing with heavy work loads and long cashier line ups. This is decent place to work.
Great Place to work!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Awesome, Fun and not a corporate environment store. Everyone is willing to help and work as a team. They even have health benefits for everyone!
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 31, 2016
Bogus. Managers are horrendous to customers and employees. They will find excuses to fire you no matter how well youre doing. Personally there was a conspiracy about calling in and complimenting myself from 4 different phone numbers.
Pros
15 percent discount
Cons
Long hours, over worked, no lunch on certain days, managers treat you like garbage, there isnt a single manager that will treat you as a human instead of a working machine
Typical Day at Toys R us
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 29, 2016
One of my first jobs working and i can honestly say that I am glad that I worked at this job. I learnt many skills such as punctuality, responsibility, and general work skills. Throughout this job I met many co-workers that were always friendly, and lent a helping hand all around. Management was always willing to help out no matter what the case, with their employees, teach them what they need to know and safety. The hardest part of this job were the non-stop long chaotic Christmas hours. The most enjoyable part was the sense of accomplishment that followed after a long day.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Understanding managers
Cons
lots of seasonal employment
Enjoyable work environment, nice co-workers.
500/Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2016
Depending on if the shift was in the morning or evening would a typical day at Toys R Us would involve prepping the store for open, making sure it is ready for customers. Once doors are opened focus shifts to assisting customers to the best of your ability and essentially stays that way until near close. Then cleaning up and organizing the store becomes another focus. The co-workers were for the most part similar in age, 15-20 years of age. All quite nice and the managers were also good.
Pros
Agreeable system for shift changes.
Cons
Long hours, occasionally monotonous work.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
This job is great if you'd like to learn how to perform tasks in a extremely busy environment. It's helped me improve my customer service, organizational and most importantly time management skills a lot. I've enjoyed being around kids very much as well as some of my co-workers.
it was a good time
Cashier/Floor worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 16, 2016
i was only employed for seasonal, but while i worked there.. it was a fun experience and i made alot of friends there. i was laid off when the christmas season was over
Fun Place to work, leadership skills.
World Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
If we talk about the store, its for kids so most families with kids comes in, have good conversation about their needs. organize the store. make sure other employees following their schedule. Help customers and co-employees.
Pros
friendly enviornment