Toys 'R' Us

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier and other things
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2014
My day at Toys R Us was always different. I did jobs such as cashier, restocking shelves, helping customers, helping management and bringing in carts.

Since this was a large store there were more then one assistant manager and manager. This led to needing to be adaptive and responsive to various leadership styles. Due to personality you will connect – more... well with some better then others. However it goes a long way in being able to be just as enthusiastic and responsive for all those above your position.

Being able to interact with the public face to face, you need to display energy even when you might not have any. This requires you to be proactive within the team and do your best all the time. This is the way that those above you gain appreciation for you.

At times when the store was extremely busy, it was required to go quickly and accurately in processing purchases at the cash. Being able to multitask is a huge bonus. This can be challenging to learn. It is difficult however I excelled at this due to my attention to detail.

I made some good friends while working at Toys R Us so that would have to be the most enjoyable aspect of the job. At times it got busy and challenging, however since you were part of a solid team, those times were able to pass and I was still able to enjoy the day. – less
Overall good but lots of improvement needed
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2014
pro's: fun work environment
-meeting great people and assisting children and families find ideal toys and services
-open door access to management and immediate solutions to problems are provided.

con's: -ridiculously low ammount of hours of work per week due to a decline in sales that is on the other hand partly a fault of headoffice and marketing – more... and distribution teams who do not seem to listen to the demands of the customers and simply do not supply adequate lines of products. – less
Fun workplace with great people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 11, 2014
Typical day at work consisted of cleaning up, restocking, customer, and customer service. I learned how to work in a retail store. Management was very good, work was well organized. Co-workers were helpful and friendly. hardest part of the job was dealing with unfriendly customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and working with – more... others. – less
fun workplace,
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours
a typical day working at Toys R us as a Over Night Stocker was a good job I liked it, the hours you get use to fast if you like fast pace environments, I learned how to price products, management was good and I understood what they wanted to be done. the co-workers were just as good no one was arguing with anyone everyone got a long I don't think there – more... was any arguing or conflict when I worked there and I enjoyed to job because it was fast pace and I knew what I had to do so I got it done as fast as I can to do more – less
Fun Place to work but Repititve
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
Work is often fairly simple in engaging with customers and helping them in their inquiries related to toys and games. Management is quite straightforward but lacks organization and a systematic way of dealing with scheduling hours and managing pay roll. Co-workers are very cooperative and get along with each other really well.
Work Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), SurreyJuly 6, 2014
Nice co-workers. Fun place. You meet a variety of people. Great Location
Fun place productive and carreer development
Store Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 29, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: long hours but it pays
It has been one of the best company I worked with. Training re provided in all aspect of store management level personality and working habits to customer care and services.

Treating people with respect and admiring skills and talents with little small rewards which is very meaningful, one's value in the team. I was well compensated as a new be in – more... the company. This is the reason why I wanted to work with Toys R US again if given a chance.

There's fun in both work and personnel interactive coaching and mentoring. Leadership skill are well develop with different in house programs. – less
Summary of working at Toys R us as a Supervisor.
Key Carrier (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: work parties, benfits, fun enviornment
Cons: not enough hours available
I have worked at Toys R Us for just over 3 years now and I love it so much, it's a great company to work for. Within 2 months of being hired as a cashier I was promoted to Key Carrier. This position meant that I had my own store key and was responsible for opening and sometimes closing the store. Every morning I would have to count all the tills, input – more... all amounts, calculate the till float, prepare deposit and fill out a ton of paper work. It seems complicated but it was actually really fun and easy after a few mornings. the remainder of my shifts I was responsible for all other employees (excluding manager when he was on duty), receiving shipments and merchandising products to fit the company`s standards and rules.
If there were any issues in the store, with employees or with customers I was the one who would be called to handle them.

Toys R Us is a fantastic company to work for, they are flexible, non biased, easy going with schedules and schedule changes and all around a fun place to be! – less
▪Customer Service: Hard worker, responsible for returns and exchanges, worked hard for daily cashier goals, cheerful worker always willing to help out
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 23, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch, good employees and managers
Although I was only there for seasonal everyone was very friendly, kind and open to new associates. I was working customer service at Christmas times, yet still hectic i had a good time. I made my daily goals and could close tills by myself. If i didnt have to move i was going to move onto customer service supervisor.
Fast-paced environment, nice co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good hours, nice co-workers
Cons: if you were scheduled until 10:00pm you'd sometimes stay till 12:00am, they said they would keep you after christmas season was done but they didn't, add-on sales expectations were too high
A typical day at work would be having a staff-meeting before we opened the doors. The manager on duty at that time would tell us all (if you were working evenings) what places we would be piecing (bringing the merch. to the front of the shelves/cleaning the floors) for example, someone would be piecing girls, someone would be piecing boys, etc., then – more... if we were working days or evenings, he'd tell us what cash register we'd be working on, and then he'd tell us to try and meet the goal for the add on sales, and then we'd go to work.
If you weren't on cash register 1 or 2, you'd immediately take a cart full of returned merchandise and find where each item goes (unless the packaging was damaged). Then for the rest of your shift you'd find misplaced merchandise and bring it back to its correct spot, help customers, and sometimes you were called to cash if the lines were long.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers, I met a lot of nice people there and it was sad to leave. Also, the managers bought pizza and pop for us so that was cool.

Hardest part of the job was the add-on sales. If you weren't meeting the expectation they'd yell at you.

Most of the co-workers were very friendly, but there were a few who would get annoyed if you asked them a question. – less
Positive work environment with fun managers
Part Time Associate (Former Employee), Nepean, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: not too much room for advancement
Toys R' Us has a great team put together from their managers, down to their common employees. As a Part Time Associate I organized the back room and would bring out stock to customers to their cars, as well as help clean up the floor of the store whenever possible. My co-workers were always light-hearted and i had a lot of fun with them, as well as – more... the managers. There wasn't really a hard part about my job, but it still taught me patience with customers, as well as organization. – less
toys r us
wharehousing (Former Employee), calgary abJune 9, 2014
great place co-workers and management easy to get along with and your constantly busy making the work day seem to pass by in no time at all.
Productive Work Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 9, 2014
I enjoyed every aspect of the job. I got a long with customers very well, as well as the management.
Great work environment, cooperative team members including management staff.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: 15% employee discount, flexible hours. awesome management staff.
Tasks include costumer service, placing orders, inventory management. Receiving shipments, preparing for sales and organizing store accordingly. Great team members, always willing to lend a hand.
Fun and rewarding when the hours are available
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 7, 2014
I really enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I had the opportunity to really help a lot of people celebrate bigs stepping stones in their personal lives, and just get excited with children about their new toys. While I did this, I was also able to give parents accurate advice when purchasing their products. The biggest negative that I found with this – more... job was the complete lack available hours. – less
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), St. CatharinesJune 1, 2014
Pros: fast paced work, employee relationships were great, management was fantastic to work for and with.
Cons: seasonal work, upset customers on a more frequent basis, disorganized stock at times.
I very much enjoyed my time at Toys R Us. The management provided a great amount of quality training, team work was easy to execute and participate in. My employee relationships were good and I enjoyed building customer relationships as well. This companies outlook and vision is amazing and I would not hesitate to work for them again.
Learning experince
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: free season passes, co-workers, enviroment
Cons: seasonal
- Great staff
- Learning experience
- Exceptional management and leadership, wonderful team to be a part of.
really great company to work with
sales and customer service assosiate (Former Employee), winnipegMay 23, 2014
Pros: toys
Cons: sometimes there isnt alot to do
fantastic people and a great environment to work in.
you would normally just handle the cash register and so there isnt a lot going on when its not busy. you work with great people and the management is great.
My favourite work place
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 16, 2014
I loved working for Toys R Us as this was the job I got in high school.
I worked long hours, did double shifts, got along with all my co-workers, and made lots of friends. It was my second family and the managers/directors were very friendly and it was a pleasure working with them. I learned that patience really is a virtue! I started off as a cashier – more... and made my way as a customer service representative. – less
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond HillMay 12, 2014
Cons: bad hours
shifts got cut extremely when new director came in like we all went from having decent shifts that we can live off to 3-4hour shifts 1-2 days a week or 5-6 3 hour shifts versus 1-3 LONG hour shifts which was much better.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more