Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

Very nice people, and very good pay
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 2, 2015
Toyota was a very good paying job with some really nice people. It is very physically demanding but I got use to it a bit. I only worked there April till the end of August, it was a summer student postion. It was a great opportunity.
Productive workplace.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Toyota is an incredible place to work. Toyota has an incredible philosophy and outlook, on both their employees, and the environment. This is reflected through their values and mission.

Working at Toyota gave me the opportunity to be a part of one of the worlds leading car manufacturers and the only plant outside of Japan that builds a Lexus.

I learned about the history of Toyota as well as how it operates, and I can easily say it was one of the best jobs I have had so far.
great pay and benefits, no life outside
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMarch 24, 2014
My co-workers are great, the hours are long and isolating. There is very little to no human contact. The management is very self serving, you are treated as a number not a person. I've learned to be very self sufficient and work extremely well on my own with little to no supervision.
great work enviroment
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  ONMarch 11, 2014
a typical day includes operations of equipment and pressline all while training available team members. this can be very challenging to keep production times up to par. although rewarding as the tms begin to learn and operate on their own and the team ideal comes together.
I have learned the importance of patience and understanding in training individuals through the learning process as each tm grasps at their own rate.
keeping production at peek performance and listening to new ideas for improvement is an asset to all involved as a work smart not hard outlook is key to a team environment to function well.
Pros
very clean workplace, very high safety standards, daily communications.monthly free safety lunches, great benefit packages that are custom to the individual needs of tms
Cons
hours are challenging as meeting global needs can change under many circumstances
Good place to work, provide table tennis
shift engineer (Former Employee) –  WoodstockFebruary 7, 2014
More employees available for a given task than needed. The management does not have proper planning to assign work to all employees. The atmosphere is not friendly and employees hide when they see managers around.
Pros
free lunches, coffee
Cons
not a friendly atmosphere
productive and fun workplace table tennis
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 29, 2014
working at this company overall is good very clean atmosphere friendly co-workers fast paced environment . wonderful experience
Pros
over time is good with free coffee and juices
Cons
rotating shifts and long hours
Fast paced enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 3, 2014
Was a good place to work. Good money and job security. Chance to move up if you so choose to do so. Enjoyed driving Forklift.
Pros
free lunches and coffee somtimes
Cons
weird hours
Great Work Opportunity
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 19, 2012
Overall I loved working for Toyota. They are a great company and provided a great work atmosphere. I was only they for the summer student program so unfortunatly I have to leave the company at the end of the summer.
Pros
great salary
Cons
shift work
great team work
Assisted the Service Department (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 8, 2015
changing tires, oil changes, brakes, and cleaning shop
learned to be a team player and work well with others. enjoyed my job.
Pros
great hours
Great people to work with
Material Handling (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 12, 2013
I have learned a fair bit in my short time their. The co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job is working mandatory weekends. The most enjoyable part is the reliability of the company.
Poor example of Toyota management system. Micromanagement
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge OntarioAugust 20, 2012
Mandatory overtime. Nice co-workers. Huge differences between different departments.
More time spent on display boards rather than improving process.
Pros
big company status
Cons
work hours. work-life balance
Productive workplace, learned new hands on skills.
Warehouse laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond BCNovember 5, 2012
A typical day at work would be the receiving and shipping of auto parts, we would also ensure that the workplace was as clean as possible. Making sure parts are in the right locations and non of them are damaged. I learned a lot about the workplace safety, and how dealerships across the country receive their parts. My co-workers were great, they helped me a lot during my time at the parts distribution center by providing tips and better ways to complete tasks, and they were all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was just getting used to everything
Pros
great co-workers, 3 different shifts
Cons
nothing to complain about
Career potential
Tow motor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 6, 2014
A good place for a career and family if shift work isn't an issue.
Fast learner,Friendly, hard worker
Accounting Manager/Controller (Current Employee) –  BCFebruary 6, 2015
i work from 7-3pm daily 5 days a week, i do daily work and managing 5 other team doing A/R-A/P, Inventory controller and a two receptionist who also help in accounting.

The most enjoyable part at work is that every Friday all the team meet for breakfast.
Great place to learn
TEMA SEIBE Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, On.October 1, 2012
A pleasant atmosphere to work in. Co workers are great to work with and sharing information passing on skills. I gained excellent experience programming robots.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
long hours on the weekends
ok ,, work place
production (Former Employee) –  cambribgeJune 24, 2013
do you want to get divorced .. work at Toyota .. very bad hours.. good place but no consideration for the employees when it comes to family matters
Pros
free lunch saturday
Great Summer Student Job
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Hard work with high pay.

Team Leaders and Group Leaders were very helpful with training and any questions you may have.
Pros
high pay
Cons
Fast paced productive work enviroment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock OntarioMay 30, 2014
During my temporary time in this position I had completed both Overhead crane and Lift truck theories as well as some practical training with both. I was entrusted to maintain quality of automotive parts leaving the press before reaching production as well as assisting with maintaining the press due to related faults. Assisting with the placement and removal of 20-30 ton dies as well as removing pallets of parts from the press into inventory was also included in my daily duties.
Pros
great team members
Cons
temporary assignment
Great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Great place to work good values and job advanment Strongly encouraged
Pros
good wages and job security
Cons
6 day work weeks for the last year and a half.
great company
parts operations (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 31, 2013
Working for Toyota Canada Inc was a very positive experiance and I attainded very valuable skills from where I can carry forward into new poosible careers.
Pros
great company
Cons
long commute