Toyota Employee Reviews

Extra curricular activities
Sales Executive (Fleet Sales) (Current Employee) –  Bahrain3 April 2015
Working with Toyota itself is a great pleasure, with the qualified Management and co workers behind gives dedication and hard work.
Never make that decision again. Dont recommend working at Toyota
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 April 2015
Not worth the money.
Company doesn't care about the well being of there employees, only shareholders.
Long awkward shifts.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no vacation, repetative work
great benefits and salary
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  toronto27 March 2015
typical work day as any other job
coworkers are great
there isn't much room for advancement
the company is very large and known worldwide
produces great products
work life balance is very limited
Hard work
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, on18 March 2015
depending on the area you are in it can be easy or extremely hard on your body, long shifts and switching shifts take a toll on family life, and your body, there is opportunity to grow once you become a full time permanent employee but contract lengths of 3-5 years is a long time to go with no holidays, half bonus, no applying for other positions with in the plant, and no job security with 3 month renewable contracts
Pros
good pay, lots of OT if you want it
Cons
3-5 years on contract with no holidays
toyota
Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  cambridge16 March 2015
A typical day in toyota would be walking to my line settting up for the day and then running parts for whatever car we are making at that time
decent pay and benefits but terrible management
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  cambridge, ontario11 March 2015
the work was good, the pace was good and the people all got along.

the management and treatment of workers is horrible and degrading, i understand its a business and money is the objective to everyone and making as much as possible, but it can be achieved by treating the employees fairly as well
Pros
good pay and available overtime, free clothing and boots and PPE when needed.
Cons
contract to full time duration, management treatment of workers...especially contract workers
Great pay for this form of work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 March 2015
Toyota is a great place place to work if pay rate and job security are your top priority. Advancing in this company can be a slow process as with most positions in this field.
Good working environment with friendly people.
Part-time job as a Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 February 2015
I was in charge of oil changes and other various lubrication services. Aside from this tire services were also complete. I have learned problem solving skills during my time there and also many technical skills. The management at Toyota was great and I was very fortunate to work for them. My co-worker were very helpful and kind people and did not hesitate to help with certain jobs. Certain repairs were tough but other than that it was not a hard job. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be actually working on the cars, completing the different repairs ect.
Demanding job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 February 2015
Long hours, money's not bad. Management constantly reminds you where the door is if you don't like it or disagree with them.
Hard on the body
Welder and Robot maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 February 2015
Not only is Toyota a physically demanding (degrades your body over time) job is hard to maintain a decent family life outside of work, considering all the overtime and MANDITORY weekend shifts.

This job would be perfect for a young single man/woman who just wants to dedicate their lives to one place!

Management is run by a few people that have there own agendas, hard to move up into a management position and most management personnel is hard to deal with for any reason?

I would not advise any of my friends to apply to Toyota considering how strenuous "repetitive" work is on the body.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Most people have serious joint and back problems from working there.
Fast learner,Friendly, hard worker
Accounting Manager/Controller (Current Employee) –  BC6 February 2015
i work from 7-3pm daily 5 days a week, i do daily work and managing 5 other team doing A/R-A/P, Inventory controller and a two receptionist who also help in accounting.

The most enjoyable part at work is that every Friday all the team meet for breakfast.
Great working culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 January 2015
A lot of Japanese influence on the work culture which was great to learn. All employees are treated fairly and paid very well. Nobody is left alone, there is always a team-approach. Long hours, night shifts and working weekends can be a problem.
Productive workplace.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 January 2015
Toyota is an incredible place to work. Toyota has an incredible philosophy and outlook, on both their employees, and the environment. This is reflected through their values and mission.

Working at Toyota gave me the opportunity to be a part of one of the worlds leading car manufacturers and the only plant outside of Japan that builds a Lexus.

I learned about the history of Toyota as well as how it operates, and I can easily say it was one of the best jobs I have had so far.
Great People
Warranty Administrator/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 January 2015
Management was good, they were there when you needed them to ak questions . The most enjoyable part was working by myself but having people close.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
people that gossiped
Very productive
Production (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 January 2015
All I can say is it keeps you busy. The people for the most part are friendly. Management was nice. Hardest part of the job was spending 9/10 hours a day working and then an additional 2 hours in travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was on pay days, then it all seemed worth it.
Good Pay
Production Team Member (Engine) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 December 2014
Good pay but boring work.
Not challenging but good job security.
Co-workers were nice for the most part.
Well managed and always busy.
Shift work can be hard at times, not the best job if you have kids due the long hours and two week shifts.
Lots of opportunity to advance within the entire company.
Great Salary. Work/Life Balance not good.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 November 2014
Toyota pays well. You work hard for your money which I enjoy. I have worked my way up to become a Key Trainer which is the path to become a Team Leader. My co-workers are fun to work with as we discuss sports, life and current events. We help each other out through our work day by stocking each other parts so we can keep up with the production needs. Management is helpful in the advancement process. My benefits are very good and they allow me to take very good care of my family.
Pros
Great Pay. Great Vacation time. Great benefits.
Cons
Shift work. Long hours.
It was a good place to get to know people on a personal level because you got to talk to them for long periods of time.
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 November 2014
When you step onto the line, you understand what you have to do and how if you mess up, then it will affect people further down the line. It was important for you to learn your jobs well so that you don't slow down production and so the team meets the quota that is set every day. The coworkers that I worked with were generally younger and therefore were open to building relationships and helping me have a better time at my job. I would say the hardest part of the job was the long hours, as it was 10 hour days, both early in the morning and late at night. The most enjoyable part of the Job would definitely be the people that I got to work with making the job worth while.
Pros
Good pay, lots of hours
Cons
Long days, Lack of energy following shift
Canada's labour camp
Team member weld , assembly (Current Employee) –  Woodstock , Cambridge ,25 October 2014
If you are a person that is willing to sell your soul , this is the place to do so . Lazy team leaders . Hard on your body , mind , and soul. You are guarantee to get some kind of permanent disabling injury while you work there. If you married , and want to stay married stay away from this place. You have no life beside work and sleep, contract pay is lousy , you don't get paid for holidays , and you don't get more then 20.40 for at least next 3 or more years . If you think you can go to bathroom when you have to go.. Think again , either you be told use your break time , which you get in 2 hours and 20 min. , 3 times in 10.5 hours , or wait till team leader is available . You don't get the 33.00 $ on hour for 10 years working there and half the benefits till you get hired full time, which can take between 3 to 6 years . There are a lot of employees that will stab you in the back in order to advance their carrier , human resources are useless . So much for company that prided itself on environment, community and family , cause frankly it ruins it all for every employee that works there. There is at least few people every month that go on mental stress leave from this place . The worst . They can transfer you at their any location in Cambridge or Woodstock at any time , and if you refuse ... You don't get your contract renewed . Stay away .... Please it's not worth it.
Pros
2 weeks of day shifts
Cons
You fell behind for 4 seconds in a day on assembly, for few days you get corrective action, speed up or get fired or no contract
Fast paced work, hard on the body
Assembly Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 September 2014
Building a new car every 53 seconds takes a toll on your body. 10 hour days makes for a lot of overtime. Alternating shifts of 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights. 10 year pay plan isn't great, I didn't like how you do not know when you are going to be hired on from contract.