Toyota Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2012
A typical day at work at Toyota was quite interesting as I learned a
lot of new stuff
Management was very good and helpful
The co-workers were very friendly and ready to help
There were no hardest part as all the work that I did was documented and I had to follow accordingly
I enjoyed working at this office as we worked as a team
Pros
we had subsidised lunch
Cons
no long hours
Hardworking atmosphere and great learning experience
Painter (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 May 2013
Expected to arrive at work approximately 20 minutes prior to start-up in order to get ready and ensure you were there on-time. The work warm-up was mandatory to complete before the start of each shift. The group warm-up was a part of the Japanese culture and creates a team-oriented environment which I liked. I learned great time-management skills in making sure I had enough time to do what I needed to do before shift start. I also learned a great deal of discipline in that sense as well because being late is a very big issue for this, or any, type of work. The hardest part of the job would have been the repetitive aspects on the job due to the strain it had mentally and physically, however I really enjoyed the culture and painting the cars in particular.
It was a good place to get to know people on a personal level because you got to talk to them for long periods of time.
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 November 2014
When you step onto the line, you understand what you have to do and how if you mess up, then it will affect people further down the line. It was important for you to learn your jobs well so that you don't slow down production and so the team meets the quota that is set every day. The coworkers that I worked with were generally younger and therefore were open to building relationships and helping me have a better time at my job. I would say the hardest part of the job was the long hours, as it was 10 hour days, both early in the morning and late at night. The most enjoyable part of the Job would definitely be the people that I got to work with making the job worth while.
Pros
Good pay, lots of hours
Cons
Long days, Lack of energy following shift
Long Days - Long Weeks
Production Worker - Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 January 2014
Toyota has a great brand and a great business plan. They are lacking trained Managers to see this business plan truly excel; and their inability to effectively manage their team / department creates a negative environment.
Pros
willingness to work OT pads the pay cheque
Cons
forced to work wknds with only 2 days notice & expected to work regardless.
Hard working, good community, strict rules
Team member located on the assembly line (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, 1055 Fountain St17 June 2015
arrive at 6:15 am on day shift and 5:45 pm on Night shift. Work four intervals of 2 hours, with a break between each interval.
Get to process and build team members section of the door, repeat for entire shift.
Wonderful Experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 October 2015
Great place to work, lots of benefits and great compensation. All training and their quality checking procedures are second to none. Very clean work environment
high paced
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 May 2015
management support required
long hours and high workload for engineering group.
difficult to get support for areas that are not readily accessible for research and mostly OTJ training on your own.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
long hours with min feedback
Repetitive job with good people
Summer Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 April 2012
The job is detail oriented and you are graded against the companies norms. The interaction with people is nice and the environment is productive. Most days are essentially the same, you shelve parts coming in based on their part numbers . In the afternoon you pick parts for specific orders. Accuracy is necessary.
Continuous Changes
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 May 2015
Hard to balance family life with work load. Co-workers will put best effort to reach task and obtain best quality. Hardest part of job is not getting training on new areas and no handover packages for work.
Pros
People
Cons
workload expectations
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 October 2015
Great employer but no feeling of fulfillment. If you like to be bored at work then its a great place to work. Long hours and not much time for family life
great work enviroment
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  ON11 March 2014
a typical day includes operations of equipment and pressline all while training available team members. this can be very challenging to keep production times up to par. although rewarding as the tms begin to learn and operate on their own and the team ideal comes together.
I have learned the importance of patience and understanding in training individuals through the learning process as each tm grasps at their own rate.
keeping production at peek performance and listening to new ideas for improvement is an asset to all involved as a work smart not hard outlook is key to a team environment to function well.
Pros
very clean workplace, very high safety standards, daily communications.monthly free safety lunches, great benefit packages that are custom to the individual needs of tms
Cons
hours are challenging as meeting global needs can change under many circumstances
Good Pay
Production Team Member (Engine) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 December 2014
Good pay but boring work.
Not challenging but good job security.
Co-workers were nice for the most part.
Well managed and always busy.
Shift work can be hard at times, not the best job if you have kids due the long hours and two week shifts.
Lots of opportunity to advance within the entire company.
20 years well spent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2015
I found toyota to be the best product on the market, the company support was incredible. I enjoyed the courses provided by toyota to make my job an absolute pleasure.
Fast learner,Friendly, hard worker
Accounting Manager/Controller (Current Employee) –  BC6 February 2015
i work from 7-3pm daily 5 days a week, i do daily work and managing 5 other team doing A/R-A/P, Inventory controller and a two receptionist who also help in accounting.

The most enjoyable part at work is that every Friday all the team meet for breakfast.
great pay and benefits, no life outside
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON24 March 2014
My co-workers are great, the hours are long and isolating. There is very little to no human contact. The management is very self serving, you are treated as a number not a person. I've learned to be very self sufficient and work extremely well on my own with little to no supervision.
Very nice people, and very good pay
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 May 2015
Toyota was a very good paying job with some really nice people. It is very physically demanding but I got use to it a bit. I only worked there April till the end of August, it was a summer student postion. It was a great opportunity.
productive and good learning, chain of command followed
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Ontario4 May 2013
lean manufacturing, advanced manufacturing technology, stud/projection/MIG/spot/seam/laser welding, passenger car framing body tack/respot welding, CMM body accuracy,critical paint defects, hole piercing, nut feeders, stamping bumps/dents/crease, manual back up, chisel/teardown/ultrasonic testing, magnaflux, NDT/die penetration/macro/micro inspection, Toyota production systems, robotic sealer, mastic application, lay out change, cycle time reduction, transformer sizing, resolved outer car body vibrations, NVH, sound dreading and water leak issues, kanban, SWC, AutoCad, SAP kaizen, line balance, pokayoke, ergonomics, JIT, visual management, plant self reliance, cycle, takt time, green field plant setup, continuous improvement, A3 report, roller/conventional hemming, AC/DC welding, PPAP, prototype, Supplier qualification
Pros
benifits, learning
Cons
long hours, weekend work, pressure
Very productive
Production (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 January 2015
All I can say is it keeps you busy. The people for the most part are friendly. Management was nice. Hardest part of the job was spending 9/10 hours a day working and then an additional 2 hours in travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was on pay days, then it all seemed worth it.
Good place to work, provide table tennis
shift engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock7 February 2014
More employees available for a given task than needed. The management does not have proper planning to assign work to all employees. The atmosphere is not friendly and employees hide when they see managers around.
Pros
free lunches, coffee
Cons
Not a friendly atmosphere
Fast paced work, hard on the body
Assembly Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 September 2014
Building a new car every 53 seconds takes a toll on your body. 10 hour days makes for a lot of overtime. Alternating shifts of 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights. 10 year pay plan isn't great, I didn't like how you do not know when you are going to be hired on from contract.