Toyota Employee Reviews

Good workplace with a company that takes care of its employees
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 December 2015
* Typical day involved meeting with maintenance and production team members on the shop floor, working with them to find solutions to manufacturing issues and presenting updates to the management
* I learned about automotive manufacturing (especially spot welding)
* Hardest part of the job can be long working hours
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Long work hours
Fun place with helpful colleagues
Senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangakore16 December 2015
A very good place to work at. Colleagues are very helpful in resolving issues.Only drawback is that there was no recreational activities held at all.
Pros
Team work and the chemistry is good
Cons
shift
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 November 2015
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Pros
Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons
Working only as a co op student
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 November 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.
A large place to work and expand on your skills and meet new people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 November 2015
A large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with the long hours and shift work. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in the long run and job security is great there.
Pros
Free lunch at lunch and learns
work / family life balance does not exits at Toyota
team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 November 2015
if you don't want to get hired on full time for 5 - 7 years and do not want full pay till you have 10 years in. A great place to work!!!!
Pros
the money after 10 years
Cons
no life outside the plant
Productive and fun workplace.
Detail supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2015
everyday is full of work i gain more knowledge about my job the management is good they provide our needs my co-workers are reliable we have a good team work,the hardest part of the job is when winter season comes,the most enjoyable part of the job is when the costumer is happy and sitisfied with our job an when our bosses complement us with the job we did.
Pros
free coffe.
Cons
Fun team-oriented place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 October 2015
I got lucky enough to be put in a good area (vehicle performance) and got to drive the cars throughout the assembly line. Friends were not so lucky and did not enjoy going to work as I did.
Pros
Pay, overtime, sometimes free lunches
Cons
Long hours, potentially very hard work
Good place but a little stressful
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC26 October 2015
The staff was awesome but the management seemed sometimes unorganized. I would meet new clients every day and we talk about everything from their life to the car they're shopping for, which was nice. The best part about it were my co-workers. They were all fun to talk to and pass the time. The hardest part was the stress of selling.
Pros
paid lunch on saturdays
Cons
always need to sell
Toyota
Bilingual Automotive Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
I quickly learned how automotive manufactures vary from Country to country, I really like the system that was being used at the time as it was really easy to learn and navigate.

We all know that Toyota makes some of the most reliable cars in the world and although I was there for a short time as a contractor I learned how Customer Relations Department work as a team to handle customer inquiries.

I was working in the tier two department handling escalated calls on a daily basis and I had some great people around me!
Toyota
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cambridge13 October 2015
Toyota is a fast pased, physically demanding job. While it is not all encompassing in that I lack being able to use my interpersonal skills I am very proud of myself in being able to balance this job as well as my family life outside of it.
Pros
$
Cons
Too much of your life is given up for it
Wonderful Experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 October 2015
Great place to work, lots of benefits and great compensation. All training and their quality checking procedures are second to none. Very clean work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 October 2015
Great employer but no feeling of fulfillment. If you like to be bored at work then its a great place to work. Long hours and not much time for family life
very difficult to work and manage family life
Automotive Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 October 2015
great pay and benefits, hours are very difficult with it being shift work. 6 days a week is hard to balance a family life. the pay is fantastic and the benefits are great.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario23 September 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurent22 September 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.
Scion Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough22 September 2015
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.Dedicated workforce working towards one goal. Lots of opportunities for varied experience.
Good pay, long hours
Quality Control - Vehicle Performance (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 September 2015
6:15-3:45 on days and 5:45-4:15 on afternoons. Possible for advancement, though it takes a long time.
There are 4 year contracts in order to get hired full time.
Pros
Good benefits
20 years well spent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2015
I found toyota to be the best product on the market, the company support was incredible. I enjoyed the courses provided by toyota to make my job an absolute pleasure.
Not employee focused
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 August 2015
They want even the employees to be more like robots.
Pay is sufficient to support a family but it's hard to focus on doing a good job when you know they only care about the numbers and not you as a person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.