Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

great work enviroment
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  ONMarch 11, 2014
a typical day includes operations of equipment and pressline all while training available team members. this can be very challenging to keep production times up to par. although rewarding as the tms begin to learn and operate on their own and the team ideal comes together.
I have learned the importance of patience and understanding in training individuals through the learning process as each tm grasps at their own rate.
keeping production at peek performance and listening to new ideas for improvement is an asset to all involved as a work smart not hard outlook is key to a team environment to function well.
Pros
very clean workplace, very high safety standards, daily communications.monthly free safety lunches, great benefit packages that are custom to the individual needs of tms
Cons
hours are challenging as meeting global needs can change under many circumstances
Fast learner,Friendly, hard worker
Accounting Manager/Controller (Current Employee) –  BCFebruary 6, 2015
i work from 7-3pm daily 5 days a week, i do daily work and managing 5 other team doing A/R-A/P, Inventory controller and a two receptionist who also help in accounting.

The most enjoyable part at work is that every Friday all the team meet for breakfast.
toyota
Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  cambridgeMarch 16, 2015
A typical day in toyota would be walking to my line settting up for the day and then running parts for whatever car we are making at that time
Productive workplace, learned new hands on skills.
Warehouse laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond BCNovember 5, 2012
A typical day at work would be the receiving and shipping of auto parts, we would also ensure that the workplace was as clean as possible. Making sure parts are in the right locations and non of them are damaged. I learned a lot about the workplace safety, and how dealerships across the country receive their parts. My co-workers were great, they helped me a lot during my time at the parts distribution center by providing tips and better ways to complete tasks, and they were all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was just getting used to everything
Pros
great co-workers, 3 different shifts
Cons
nothing to complain about
productive and fun workplace table tennis
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 29, 2014
working at this company overall is good very clean atmosphere friendly co-workers fast paced environment . wonderful experience
Pros
over time is good with free coffee and juices
Cons
rotating shifts and long hours
Fast paced enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 3, 2014
Was a good place to work. Good money and job security. Chance to move up if you so choose to do so. Enjoyed driving Forklift.
Pros
free lunches and coffee somtimes
Cons
weird hours
Fast paced productive work enviroment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock OntarioMay 30, 2014
During my temporary time in this position I had completed both Overhead crane and Lift truck theories as well as some practical training with both. I was entrusted to maintain quality of automotive parts leaving the press before reaching production as well as assisting with maintaining the press due to related faults. Assisting with the placement and removal of 20-30 ton dies as well as removing pallets of parts from the press into inventory was also included in my daily duties.
Pros
great team members
Cons
temporary assignment
ok ,, work place
production (Former Employee) –  cambribgeJune 24, 2013
do you want to get divorced .. work at Toyota .. very bad hours.. good place but no consideration for the employees when it comes to family matters
Pros
free lunch saturday
Cons
Great people to work with
Material Handling (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 12, 2013
I have learned a fair bit in my short time their. The co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job is working mandatory weekends. The most enjoyable part is the reliability of the company.
meat grinder
Team Leader /Production Supervisor / Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 3, 2012
The plant and its philosophies work on paper but the management falls very short when dealing with the culture of Ontario automotive workers and their needs.
Cons
long hard days
Fun and busy enviorment
Full Time Detailer (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONApril 6, 2014
There is no typical day at work for me. Many days I have random tasks or something comes up that I must attend to or accomplish. I have learned many skills about detailing cars. Before I got the job at Ancaster Toyota I did not know too much about detailing cars. I started out just giving customer exterior washes, but was interested in paint restoration. Eventually I learned skills from other detailers and bugged my manager to the point where he finally let me detail. Almost everyone that works with me is very nice and caring. The hardest part of the job is constantly being moved around. Very often am I taken off of a job to help out someone, drive the shuttle or parts truck, and do random tasks that are not part of my job criteria. However, everyone helps eachother out so I would help out whenever I would have to. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guys in the shop. Unlike many of the sales people, we did not talk behind peoples backs and we would laugh at eachother and with eachother thoughout every day.
Pros
wash your car. change oil, do maintenance every once in a while
Cons
sometimes unappreciated and not heard by managers
Great Summer Student Job
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Hard work with high pay.

Team Leaders and Group Leaders were very helpful with training and any questions you may have.
Pros
high pay
Poor example of Toyota management system. Micromanagement
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge OntarioAugust 20, 2012
Mandatory overtime. Nice co-workers. Huge differences between different departments.
More time spent on display boards rather than improving process.
Pros
big company status
Cons
work hours. work-life balance
great pay and benefits, no life outside
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMarch 24, 2014
My co-workers are great, the hours are long and isolating. There is very little to no human contact. The management is very self serving, you are treated as a number not a person. I've learned to be very self sufficient and work extremely well on my own with little to no supervision.
Great place to learn
TEMA SEIBE Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, On.October 1, 2012
A pleasant atmosphere to work in. Co workers are great to work with and sharing information passing on skills. I gained excellent experience programming robots.
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
long hours on the weekends
Fast paced work, hard on the body
Assembly Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Building a new car every 53 seconds takes a toll on your body. 10 hour days makes for a lot of overtime. Alternating shifts of 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights. 10 year pay plan isn't great, I didn't like how you do not know when you are going to be hired on from contract.
Good place to work, provide table tennis
shift engineer (Former Employee) –  WoodstockFebruary 7, 2014
More employees available for a given task than needed. The management does not have proper planning to assign work to all employees. The atmosphere is not friendly and employees hide when they see managers around.
Pros
free lunches, coffee
Cons
not a friendly atmosphere
reasonable workplace with friendly employee
Technician, mechanical LD (Current Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 14, 2012
*normal working hours
*learned rules and techniques when performing service maintenance
Expose in quick service and mechanical work procedure in Toyota automobiles
*friendly and helpful co-workers
*Maintain safety-working procedure
Deliver work standard operation in mechanical and basic electrical
*Practice KAIZEN (continuous improvement)
Pros
free transportation
Cons
normal working hours..ot if to much work load...
Career potential
Tow motor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 6, 2014
A good place for a career and family if shift work isn't an issue.
Great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Great place to work good values and job advanment Strongly encouraged
Pros
good wages and job security
Cons
6 day work weeks for the last year and a half.