Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive well run business
Team Member/Summer Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: job security, opportunity for advancement
Cons: night shifts
A typical day at Toyota involved morning communication and allocation of jobs for the day. With regularly scheduled breaks and work assignments for the day and a clear understanding of tasks at hand.

I learned that I much enjoy the structure and hard work that goes along with factory production.

Management consisted of a team leader for a small team of 6-8 people all allocated one part of the line. They were your direct supervisor and the person you would go to first when you had an issue. Above them was your group leader, who was your main boss and looked after your line and all the teams allocated to your line. This style of management I found to be very effective. Allowing conflicts or questions to be solved as quickly as possible if not first in your team then as a larger group.

Co-workers while not always the most enthused with the hours or hard labor were all generally friendly and easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the labor that came with working on the line and night shifts with long hours and mandatory overtime.

While this was the hardest part, for me it was also the most enjoyable. While not overly demanding the overtime was appreciated and the work was satisfying.
Good place to work, provide table tennis
shift engineer (Former Employee), WoodstockFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, coffee
Cons: not a friendly atmosphere
More employees available for a given task than needed. The management does not have proper planning to assign work to all employees. The atmosphere is not friendly and employees hide when they see managers around.
productive and fun workplace table tennis
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: over time is good with free coffee and juices
Cons: rotating shifts and long hours
working at this company overall is good very clean atmosphere friendly co-workers fast paced environment . wonderful experience
Makes me more professional
Sales Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), PhilippinesJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
I learned this company how to communicate well in my co workers , to be more professional and submit my work on time.
Great contract
Work Based Trainer (Former Employee), Burton-On-Trent, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
Project went to plan 3000 learners passed

Worked individually to train and assess/coach learners to complete their business improvement techniques qualification.

Production environment
outgoing, fun place to be
coop mechanic (Former Employee), St.Catharines ontarioJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: learned alot of things
Cons: wasn't allowed to drive the cars
i was only doing coop there while shadowing a license mechanic. and my second day there i knew i was gonna like it there. i really love working on cars and the people there were awesome too.
Factory work
Full-Time Team Member (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: same thing everyday
Im a customer service guy, not a factory worker. The pay was great, but I couldnt work on a line and do the same thing everyday
Long Days - Long Weeks
Production Worker - Materials Handler (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: willingness to work ot pads the pay cheque
Cons: forced to work wknds with only 2 days notice & expected to work regardless.
Toyota has a great brand and a great business plan. They are lacking trained Managers to see this business plan truly excel; and their inability to effectively manage their team / department creates a negative environment.
Horrible place to work.
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 29, 2013
Poorly managed at all levels, 3+ years on contract, long hours on weird shifts, work most weekends. Behind the times compared to compensation at other assembly plants.
Productive and Demanding Job
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: lots of overtime, physically demanding
A typical day includes assembling Rav4 vehicles. I have learned about the concept of continuous improvement. This concept can be applied to relationships among workers or to the improvement of duties and tasks assigned. TMMC always keeps their employees informed about what is happening within the company. I am a part of a line where many of my co-workers are like family. We all get along great and that is what makes the work enjoyable. The hardest part of working at TMMC is the long hours and little home life. It is also physically demanding which can be very difficult at times. The most enjoyable part would be working with co-workers and when I leave work it doesn't follow me home.
Great people to work with
Material Handling (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Cons: long hours
I have learned a fair bit in my short time their. The co-workers are great, the hardest part of the job is working mandatory weekends. The most enjoyable part is the reliability of the company.
hate that place
car cleaner (Former Employee), Cowansville, QCAugust 26, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I learned nothing,
not hard but its not fun
i really hate that place
when you know its monday you dont wanna go work.
cause its the trembliest place i never work.
my co-worker was fun.
Focus on the wellness of the team members,
Assembly worker (Current Employee), Cambridge OntarioAugust 14, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Meeting in the morning at our area, Find out the job we will be doing for the day, jobs change every 2 hours. Day starts at 6:50 work for 2 hours 15 min break. Proceed to 2nd job work 2 hours then lunch, move to 3rd job then 15 min break. Then last quarter job, 5 min break after the 2 hours then work 1 hr overtime Mon-Thurs. Get to interact with a different team member every quarter. The hardest part of the job is learning the job there is job hardening.
Great company to work for although below market salary
Full time contract (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 28, 2013
Pros: fast project turn over, always doing something different
Cons: below market compensation
- great for allowing you to use newer technologies for projects to increase skills and broaden understanding.
- leadership allows for autonomous development with within projects with high levels of interaction with customers to ensure the system meets the needs of the users.
- co workers are excellent and the atmosphere is one of high morale
- most enjoyable part is project time is short with fast prototyping and always working on something new and different.
- the draw back is the salary is below industry average.
ok ,, work place
production (Former Employee), cambribgeJune 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch saturday
Cons: long hours
do you want to get divorced .. work at Toyota .. very bad hours.. good place but no consideration for the employees when it comes to family matters
Great company to work for
Accounts Payable / Warranty Processor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: loved my job.
Cons: had to resign when we relocated to st. catharines in 1990
This is the best company I have ever worked for. Management cared about the employees, we had great benefits, and employee discounts. I always looked forward to going to work.
Good job when permanent employee...
Contract Production Team Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJune 5, 2013
Pros: overtime, structure, good benefits
Cons: shifts, long hours, accommodating challenges, contracts
Just as with any workplace there is some good management and some bad. Same with co-workers. While in normal circumstances Toyota is a good place to work, they certainly have changed over the last few years. The treatment of contract employees isn't great, especially when concerns arise. They were not accommodating to my changes in needs when I had some challenges associated to my pregnancy. Also, the work/life balance is becoming increasingly worse with a high demand for vehicles leading to overtime. The overtime makes for great pays, but very hard on family time.
Good Benefits
Credit Investigator (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 26, 2013
Pros:
Good Benefits
Stable
Good Hours

Cons:
Poor Advancement
Lack of opportunity
Hardworking atmosphere and great learning experience
Painter (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONMay 6, 2013
Expected to arrive at work approximately 20 minutes prior to start-up in order to get ready and ensure you were there on-time. The work warm-up was mandatory to complete before the start of each shift. The group warm-up was a part of the Japanese culture and creates a team-oriented environment which I liked. I learned great time-management skills in making sure I had enough time to do what I needed to do before shift start. I also learned a great deal of discipline in that sense as well because being late is a very big issue for this, or any, type of work. The hardest part of the job would have been the repetitive aspects on the job due to the strain it had mentally and physically, however I really enjoyed the culture and painting the cars in particular.
productive and good learning, chain of command followed
Area Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge OntarioMay 4, 2013
Pros: benifits, learning
Cons: long hours, weekend work, pressure
lean manufacturing, advanced manufacturing technology, stud/projection/MIG/spot/seam/laser welding, passenger car framing body tack/respot welding, CMM body accuracy,critical paint defects, hole piercing, nut feeders, stamping bumps/dents/crease, manual back up, chisel/teardown/ultrasonic testing, magnaflux, NDT/die penetration/macro/micro inspection, Toyota production systems, robotic sealer, mastic application, lay out change, cycle time reduction, transformer sizing, resolved outer car body vibrations, NVH, sound dreading and water leak issues, kanban, SWC, AutoCad, SAP kaizen, line balance, pokayoke, ergonomics, JIT, visual management, plant self reliance, cycle, takt time, green field plant setup, continuous improvement, A3 report, roller/conventional hemming, AC/DC welding, PPAP, prototype, Supplier qualification
Headquarters