Toyota Employee Reviews

Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON22 February 2016
Being in the car industry you're required to be a quick thinker due to always being in contact with the public. Buying a car is a big step into adult-hood and it should be treated just as that. Here at Toyota we ensure that it is a smooth and easy process from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you drive your vehicle off the lot.
Pros
Guest interactions for great learning experiences
Cons
Mistakes do happen
high paced
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 May 2015
management support required
long hours and high workload for engineering group.
difficult to get support for areas that are not readily accessible for research and mostly OTJ training on your own.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
long hours with min feedback
Supported other departments. Gave priority to internal and external customers. Team player and hard worker.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 January 2016
Every day I had to check my e-mails and phone messages. Reply to e-mails. Contact candidates and help them with whatever information they may required. I had to make sure all jobs were posted on universities and colleges websites. Do daily reports, send meeting requests to managers and e-mails to candidates with interview details. Meet deadlines can be the hardest part as well as pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part was to be able to help others.
Fun place to work
IT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Excellent place to work for IT professionals. Exposes you to multiple technologies, which allows you to grow your technical expertise.
Downward Spiral
Student Contract Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 April 2015
Worked as a student contract for 3 years until I graduated and have witnessed the continual degradation of product quality, work conditions, pay rates, and management incompetence. If you're lucky enough to pass their arbitrary hiring system, you'll be stuck destroying your body, losing whatever social/personal relationships you have, and will be stuck making just over half rate of what the permanent team members make. Critical thinking individuals need not apply.
Pros
Mediocre wage
Cons
No more free lunches, arbitrary out of date hiring process, ten year wait until full-rate, mandatory saturday overtime, incompetent management and human resource employees
Hard on the body
Welder and Robot maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 February 2015
Not only is Toyota a physically demanding (degrades your body over time) job is hard to maintain a decent family life outside of work, considering all the overtime and MANDITORY weekend shifts.

This job would be perfect for a young single man/woman who just wants to dedicate their lives to one place!

Management is run by a few people that have there own agendas, hard to move up into a management position and most management personnel is hard to deal with for any reason?

I would not advise any of my friends to apply to Toyota considering how strenuous "repetitive" work is on the body.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Most people have serious joint and back problems from working there.
Fun team-oriented place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 October 2015
I got lucky enough to be put in a good area (vehicle performance) and got to drive the cars throughout the assembly line. Friends were not so lucky and did not enjoy going to work as I did.
Pros
Pay, overtime, sometimes free lunches
Cons
Long hours, potentially very hard work
Good Pay
Production Team Member (Engine) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 December 2014
Good pay but boring work.
Not challenging but good job security.
Co-workers were nice for the most part.
Well managed and always busy.
Shift work can be hard at times, not the best job if you have kids due the long hours and two week shifts.
Lots of opportunity to advance within the entire company.
Great company to work for
Accounts Payable / Warranty Processor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 June 2013
This is the best company I have ever worked for. Management cared about the employees, we had great benefits, and employee discounts. I always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Loved my job.
Cons
Had to resign when we relocated to St. Catharines in 1990
It was a good place to get to know people on a personal level because you got to talk to them for long periods of time.
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 November 2014
When you step onto the line, you understand what you have to do and how if you mess up, then it will affect people further down the line. It was important for you to learn your jobs well so that you don't slow down production and so the team meets the quota that is set every day. The coworkers that I worked with were generally younger and therefore were open to building relationships and helping me have a better time at my job. I would say the hardest part of the job was the long hours, as it was 10 hour days, both early in the morning and late at night. The most enjoyable part of the Job would definitely be the people that I got to work with making the job worth while.
Pros
Good pay, lots of hours
Cons
Long days, Lack of energy following shift
Rewarding and Challenging
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 March 2016
great place for anyone who wants challenging work environment, it's all about continues improvement and problem solving on daily basis
Pros
Good pay, good environment
Cons
Not really
enjoyed a fast productive,clean,interesting,learning atmosphere
Quality Control/ General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON28 January 2016
I found it quite interesting and an important chalenge to be a front line defence to high quality new parts passed,and were properly fastened to the highly valued,safe,product....both valued and expected by the manufactor and bottom line the consumer
Pros
Long days @ minium wage
Cons
Temp agency...could not guarantee hours
great benefits and salary
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  toronto27 March 2015
typical work day as any other job
coworkers are great
there isn't much room for advancement
the company is very large and known worldwide
produces great products
work life balance is very limited
Great working culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 January 2015
A lot of Japanese influence on the work culture which was great to learn. All employees are treated fairly and paid very well. Nobody is left alone, there is always a team-approach. Long hours, night shifts and working weekends can be a problem.
Good working environment with friendly people.
Part-time job as a Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 February 2015
I was in charge of oil changes and other various lubrication services. Aside from this tire services were also complete. I have learned problem solving skills during my time there and also many technical skills. The management at Toyota was great and I was very fortunate to work for them. My co-worker were very helpful and kind people and did not hesitate to help with certain jobs. Certain repairs were tough but other than that it was not a hard job. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be actually working on the cars, completing the different repairs ect.
Great Place to Work.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 July 2012
My position involved full cycle Accounts Payable.
Great Management, Caring management and staff.
Hardest part of the job might be walking by the Morgue area to deliver documents.
Pros
great people
Cons
temp position - so not the benefits of full-time employees
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurent22 September 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
Productive and fun working with colleagues and bosses, with recreational areas, optional for a day afterwork enjoyment too.
Invoicing Staff (Current Employee) –  Philippines21 August 2014
First of all, It's always been a busy working environment. I have learned how our work system flow, and the discipline behind it's success. Our management is doing good in running the company and my co-workers are really supportive and fun to be with. The hardest part of the job was when bulk amount of work arrives, but it's totally understandable because it measures the company's stability. The most enjoyable part of the job was, having fun while working I mean given the work pressure as it is, it's never a problem as the team is light on having fun while working.
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario23 September 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
Great company to work for although below market salary
Full time contract (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 July 2013
- great for allowing you to use newer technologies for projects to increase skills and broaden understanding.
- leadership allows for autonomous development with within projects with high levels of interaction with customers to ensure the system meets the needs of the users.
- co workers are excellent and the atmosphere is one of high morale
- most enjoyable part is project time is short with fast prototyping and always working on something new and different.
- the draw back is the salary is below industry average.
Pros
Fast project turn over, always doing something different
Cons
Below market compensation