Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

No time for friends or family. Your opinion doesn't matter.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJuly 26, 2015
Rotating shifts. Two weeks of days and two weeks of nights. Day shift has a much more uptight feeling. Lots of MGMT walking around so everyone plays by the rules but only to impress MGMT. Night shift things get a little more slack, like having coffee near the assembly line and having a backpack near the assembly line.

You are not given or allowed any kind of fan(s) near your job process. If im putting parts in a car while im on a ruku seat (seat the is attached to an arm that is propelled by the assembler into the car) it gets very hot inside the car. It gets extremely hot while working so you must stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water makes you have to go to the bathroom more frequently but when you ask to go to the bathroom you can wait anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour. Team leaders will go around and talk to people and complain when they have to do a repair on a car or help someone assembling the car. The team leaders will insist they are too busy to cover you for a bathroom break but they will go and just stand by someone and talk to them for 10 minutes meanwhile they could have been covering you for a bathroom break.
If you get soar or hurt on a job installing parts the team leaders and group leaders dont care. They will tell you when you get home to ice what ever hurts and put ruba535 on it. They are supposed to schedule for physiotherapy if you are hurting from one specific job 3 days in a row but they never send you to physio. Instead they put you on that job more often like twice a day to make your life difficult. Team leaders dont do their job. Awful MGMT.
  more... No one listens to team members because they are looked at like dogs. Favoritism is a huge problem too at TMMC. Certain team members wont have to wait for a bathroom break or they get a very good job rotation all the time while other TM's have to wait an average of 35 mins to use the bathrooom and could be put on 2 jobs all day even thought they know 5. Extremely long hours and no one says thank you for your hard work. If there is a defect caught this could have caused a major problem you could be awarded with "catch of the week", Some meaningless thing to keep team members catching defects while they work. No one ever gets it though. They hardly say thank you if you catch a defect then they complain because they have to tag the car or have to fix the defect. I could go on and on and on and on about how backwards this place is. No one cares about you there except you. Watch your back because people are out to get you for no reason.

I would never suggest anyone applying there. No one is happy there.
Pros
Lots of money but money is not happiness.
Cons
Long hours, Miserable people, bad leadership, bad working conditions.
Good Pay
Production Team Member (Engine) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 3, 2014
Good pay but boring work.
Not challenging but good job security.
Co-workers were nice for the most part.
Well managed and always busy.
Shift work can be hard at times, not the best job if you have kids due the long hours and two week shifts.
Lots of opportunity to advance within the entire company.
Demanding job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Long hours, money's not bad. Management constantly reminds you where the door is if you don't like it or disagree with them.
Great working culture
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 27, 2015
A lot of Japanese influence on the work culture which was great to learn. All employees are treated fairly and paid very well. Nobody is left alone, there is always a team-approach. Long hours, night shifts and working weekends can be a problem.
Continuous Changes
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 31, 2015
Hard to balance family life with work load. Co-workers will put best effort to reach task and obtain best quality. Hardest part of job is not getting training on new areas and no handover packages for work.
Pros
People
Cons
workload expectations
Hardworking atmosphere and great learning experience
Painter (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMay 6, 2013
Expected to arrive at work approximately 20 minutes prior to start-up in order to get ready and ensure you were there on-time. The work warm-up was mandatory to complete before the start of each shift. The group warm-up was a part of the Japanese culture and creates a team-oriented environment which I liked. I learned great time-management skills in making sure I had enough time to do what I needed to do before shift start. I also learned a great deal of discipline in that sense as well because being late is a very big issue for this, or any, type of work. The hardest part of the job would have been the repetitive aspects on the job due to the strain it had mentally and physically, however I really enjoyed the culture and painting the cars in particular.
Challenging and hardwork
Product Consultant, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2014
When you are Toyota you better get ready to work hard. I was in sales planning and analysis and the work was mind boggling. I was constantly bothered by my coworkers and manager for work which was intense. This is a place where Time is really money. You will never find yourself with not enough work. I liked how I was encouraged to constantly look for ways to improve the policies to make it more efficient. Your ideas are valued here. If you like challenges and hard work where your body is sweating even though you have not done any physical work then this is the place for you.
Pros
smart coworkers
Cons
high turnover.
Productive, Great place to work, Well organised, Professional
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 29, 2014
• Worked as a QCE on the 2014 Toyota Corolla
• Gained knowledge of manufacturing process methodology such as Lean Manufacturing, and Just In Time (JIT)
• Performed quality checks of vehicle parts fit (front and rear mask) by taking precise measurements of levelness and clearance.
• Utilized root cause analysis to solve day to day issues with parts quality
• Further developed communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with various levels of management.
• Developed various quality control engineering documents
• Acquired knowledge of various measuring technologies such as Co-ordinate Measuring Machine, and Vectron scanner.
• Applied Toyota Business Practice method of problem solving to determine the root cause of complex quality issues, proposing countermeasures, and implementing countermeasures.
• Presented two Toyota Business Practice projects to general staff, general management, and executive level officers.
• Gained exposure to various other departments (Press, Welding, Plastics) on inter-disciplinary quality issues
Pros
great learning experience, highly organized work, time, team, and project management, health services
Cons
Productive and fun working with colleagues and bosses, with recreational areas, optional for a day afterwork enjoyment too.
Invoicing Staff (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 21, 2014
First of all, It's always been a busy working environment. I have learned how our work system flow, and the discipline behind it's success. Our management is doing good in running the company and my co-workers are really supportive and fun to be with. The hardest part of the job was when bulk amount of work arrives, but it's totally understandable because it measures the company's stability. The most enjoyable part of the job was, having fun while working I mean given the work pressure as it is, it's never a problem as the team is light on having fun while working.
Extra curricular activities
Sales Executive (Fleet Sales) (Current Employee) –  BahrainApril 3, 2015
Working with Toyota itself is a great pleasure, with the qualified Management and co workers behind gives dedication and hard work.
Productive and interesting place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2012
A typical day at work at Toyota was quite interesting as I learned a
lot of new stuff
Management was very good and helpful
The co-workers were very friendly and ready to help
There were no hardest part as all the work that I did was documented and I had to follow accordingly
I enjoyed working at this office as we worked as a team
Pros
we had subsidised lunch
Cons
no long hours
Very nice people, and very good pay
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 2, 2015
Toyota was a very good paying job with some really nice people. It is very physically demanding but I got use to it a bit. I only worked there April till the end of August, it was a summer student postion. It was a great opportunity.
Great pay for this form of work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 6, 2015
Toyota is a great place place to work if pay rate and job security are your top priority. Advancing in this company can be a slow process as with most positions in this field.
Very productive
Production (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 6, 2015
All I can say is it keeps you busy. The people for the most part are friendly. Management was nice. Hardest part of the job was spending 9/10 hours a day working and then an additional 2 hours in travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was on pay days, then it all seemed worth it.
Working around lots of fun and friendly coworkers and customers
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2013
-open up shop and answer phones, make coffee and file invoices and other documentation
-learned how to operate multi line switchboard
- management was friendly and listened to needs and concerns
-coworkers are great, funny friendly people
-hardest part of the job was staying busy on slow days
-most enjoyable was the atmosphere and the people
Pros
great hours
Cons
lack of room for advancement
Productive workplace.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Toyota is an incredible place to work. Toyota has an incredible philosophy and outlook, on both their employees, and the environment. This is reflected through their values and mission.

Working at Toyota gave me the opportunity to be a part of one of the worlds leading car manufacturers and the only plant outside of Japan that builds a Lexus.

I learned about the history of Toyota as well as how it operates, and I can easily say it was one of the best jobs I have had so far.
Focus on the wellness of the team members,
Assembly worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge OntarioAugust 14, 2013
Meeting in the morning at our area, Find out the job we will be doing for the day, jobs change every 2 hours. Day starts at 6:50 work for 2 hours 15 min break. Proceed to 2nd job work 2 hours then lunch, move to 3rd job then 15 min break. Then last quarter job, 5 min break after the 2 hours then work 1 hr overtime Mon-Thurs. Get to interact with a different team member every quarter. The hardest part of the job is learning the job there is job hardening.
Pros
great people
Cons
Toyota was a fun place to work. We would sometimes get to see a new car before anyone else.
COORDINATOR, INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Toyota was a fun and enjoyable place to work. I learned alot about cars and I learned more about Mircosoft excel because we used excel to updated all spreadsheets. Most management staff was courteous and nice to me. The co-workers were fun to work with, always arranging fun stuff after work. The hardest part of the job was month-end when we had to balance all the spreadsheet and sometimes had to work late to finish it.
Pros
we sometimes had free lunches and free baseball tickets.
Cons
we sometimes had to work overtime to finish work.
Great People
Warranty Administrator/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Management was good, they were there when you needed them to ak questions . The most enjoyable part was working by myself but having people close.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
people that gossiped
great team work
Assisted the Service Department (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 8, 2015
changing tires, oil changes, brakes, and cleaning shop
learned to be a team player and work well with others. enjoyed my job.
Pros
great hours