Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Salary. Work/Life Balance not good.
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great pay. great vacation time. great benefits.
Cons: shift work. long hours.
Toyota pays well. You work hard for your money which I enjoy. I have worked my way up to become a Key Trainer which is the path to become a Team Leader. My co-workers are fun to work with as we discuss sports, life and current events. We help each other out through our work day by stocking each other parts so we can keep up with the production needs. Management is helpful in the advancement process. My benefits are very good and they allow me to take very good care of my family.
It was a good place to get to know people on a personal level because you got to talk to them for long periods of time.
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, lots of hours
Cons: long days, lack of energy following shift
When you step onto the line, you understand what you have to do and how if you mess up, then it will affect people further down the line. It was important for you to learn your jobs well so that you don't slow down production and so the team meets the quota that is set every day. The coworkers that I worked with were generally younger and therefore were open to building relationships and helping me have a better time at my job. I would say the hardest part of the job was the long hours, as it was 10 hour days, both early in the morning and late at night. The most enjoyable part of the Job would definitely be the people that I got to work with making the job worth while.
Canada's labour camp
Team member weld , assembly (Current Employee), Woodstock , Cambridge ,October 25, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks of day shifts
Cons: you fell behind for 4 seconds in a day on assembly, for few days you get corrective action, speed up or get fired or no contract
If you are a person that is willing to sell your soul , this is the place to do so . Lazy team leaders . Hard on your body , mind , and soul. You are guarantee to get some kind of permanent disabling injury while you work there. If you married , and want to stay married stay away from this place. You have no life beside work and sleep, contract pay is lousy , you don't get paid for holidays , and you don't get more then 20.40 for at least next 3 or more years . If you think you can go to bathroom when you have to go.. Think again , either you be told use your break time , which you get in 2 hours and 20 min. , 3 times in 10.5 hours , or wait till team leader is available . You don't get the 33.00 $ on hour for 10 years working there and half the benefits till you get hired full time, which can take between 3 to 6 years . There are a lot of employees that will stab you in the back in order to advance their carrier , human resources are useless . So much for company that prided itself on environment, community and family , cause frankly it ruins it all for every employee that works there. There is at least few people every month that go on mental stress leave from this place . The worst . They can transfer you at their any location in Cambridge or Woodstock at any time , and if you refuse ... You don't get your contract renewed . Stay away .... Please it's not worth it.
Fast paced work, hard on the body
Assembly Line Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Building a new car every 53 seconds takes a toll on your body. 10 hour days makes for a lot of overtime. Alternating shifts of 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights. 10 year pay plan isn't great, I didn't like how you do not know when you are going to be hired on from contract.
Toyota will work you to the bone and pay you little for it
TMMC temporary contract worker (Current Employee), CambridgeSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free monthly lunches, good co-workers
Cons: lazy team leaders, bad management, low pay, long hours
Toyota used to be a good place to work in when people got paid competitive wages, good benefits and proper pensions. This has all changed unfortunately, so working there makes no sense at all because you'll destroy your body, will probably get divorced eventually and have nothing to show for it once you retire. Regarding safely, on paper it's important but in reality they don't care.
The health center in the facility is almost useless and favours the company, not you.
Team leaders are supposed to be off line and support the line right away once it goes down but lots of times you are made to wait . They supposedly have other tasks too but you normally see them sitting around doing nothing, chatting it up with other team leaders or going for walks as they are bored. Very difficult to accept when you are on the line watching all this going on.
Turnover for new hires is incredibly high, I've been at the company for 7 months now and so many faces have come and gone it's incredible. They are desperate for new workers as many leave quickly once hired since the new rate of 20 bucks an hour is not enough to keep people working their tail off. People hired 3 years ago and before have much better wages and benefits compared to you and this is difficult to swallow once you start working there.
Stay away
Permanent Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: wage when top rate
Cons: hours, no home life, forced to work whatever they tell you to
This place will beat you to the ground, TMMC doesn't care about the work force only profit. Don't be fouled by the smoke screen
Productive and fun working with colleagues and bosses, with recreational areas, optional for a day afterwork enjoyment too.
Invoicing Staff (Current Employee), PhilippinesAugust 21, 2014
First of all, It's always been a busy working environment. I have learned how our work system flow, and the discipline behind it's success. Our management is doing good in running the company and my co-workers are really supportive and fun to be with. The hardest part of the job was when bulk amount of work arrives, but it's totally understandable because it measures the company's stability. The most enjoyable part of the job was, having fun while working I mean given the work pressure as it is, it's never a problem as the team is light on having fun while working.
Modern day sweat shop
materials (Former Employee), WoodstockAugust 8, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: no life and abuse by no talent tl. and gls
This company is brutal and ruthless .they will freeze your wages and lie to your face. For a company that has a so called pillar built on respect its a joke. More like disrespect
Career potential
Tow motor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 6, 2014
A good place for a career and family if shift work isn't an issue.
Challenging and hardwork
Product Consultant, Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2014
Pros: smart coworkers
Cons: high turnover.
When you are Toyota you better get ready to work hard. I was in sales planning and analysis and the work was mind boggling. I was constantly bothered by my coworkers and manager for work which was intense. This is a place where Time is really money. You will never find yourself with not enough work. I liked how I was encouraged to constantly look for ways to improve the policies to make it more efficient. Your ideas are valued here. If you like challenges and hard work where your body is sweating even though you have not done any physical work then this is the place for you.
Fast paced enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches and coffee somtimes
Cons: weird hours
Was a good place to work. Good money and job security. Chance to move up if you so choose to do so. Enjoyed driving Forklift.
Fast paced productive work enviroment
Press Operator (Former Employee), Woodstock OntarioMay 30, 2014
Pros: great team members
Cons: temporary assignment
During my temporary time in this position I had completed both Overhead crane and Lift truck theories as well as some practical training with both. I was entrusted to maintain quality of automotive parts leaving the press before reaching production as well as assisting with maintaining the press due to related faults. Assisting with the placement and removal of 20-30 ton dies as well as removing pallets of parts from the press into inventory was also included in my daily duties.
Productive, Great place to work, Well organised, Professional
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, highly organized work, time, team, and project management, health services
Cons: long hours
• Worked as a QCE on the 2014 Toyota Corolla
• Gained knowledge of manufacturing process methodology such as Lean Manufacturing, and Just In Time (JIT)
• Performed quality checks of vehicle parts fit (front and rear mask) by taking precise measurements of levelness and clearance.
• Utilized root cause analysis to solve day to day issues with parts quality
• Further developed communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with various levels of management.
• Developed various quality control engineering documents
• Acquired knowledge of various measuring technologies such as Co-ordinate Measuring Machine, and Vectron scanner.
• Applied Toyota Business Practice method of problem solving to determine the root cause of complex quality issues, proposing countermeasures, and implementing countermeasures.
• Presented two Toyota Business Practice projects to general staff, general management, and executive level officers.
• Gained exposure to various other departments (Press, Welding, Plastics) on inter-disciplinary quality issues
Fun and busy enviorment
Full Time Detailer (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: wash your car. change oil, do maintenance every once in a while
Cons: sometimes unappreciated and not heard by managers
There is no typical day at work for me. Many days I have random tasks or something comes up that I must attend to or accomplish. I have learned many skills about detailing cars. Before I got the job at Ancaster Toyota I did not know too much about detailing cars. I started out just giving customer exterior washes, but was interested in paint restoration. Eventually I learned skills from other detailers and bugged my manager to the point where he finally let me detail. Almost everyone that works with me is very nice and caring. The hardest part of the job is constantly being moved around. Very often am I taken off of a job to help out someone, drive the shuttle or parts truck, and do random tasks that are not part of my job criteria. However, everyone helps eachother out so I would help out whenever I would have to. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guys in the shop. Unlike many of the sales people, we did not talk behind peoples backs and we would laugh at eachother and with eachother thoughout every day.
great pay and benefits, no life outside
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONMarch 24, 2014
My co-workers are great, the hours are long and isolating. There is very little to no human contact. The management is very self serving, you are treated as a number not a person. I've learned to be very self sufficient and work extremely well on my own with little to no supervision.
great work enviroment
Press Operator (Current Employee), ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: very clean workplace, very high safety standards, daily communications.monthly free safety lunches, great benefit packages that are custom to the individual needs of tms
Cons: hours are challenging as meeting global needs can change under many circumstances
a typical day includes operations of equipment and pressline all while training available team members. this can be very challenging to keep production times up to par. although rewarding as the tms begin to learn and operate on their own and the team ideal comes together.
I have learned the importance of patience and understanding in training individuals through the learning process as each tm grasps at their own rate.
keeping production at peek performance and listening to new ideas for improvement is an asset to all involved as a work smart not hard outlook is key to a team environment to function well.
Excelent Enviroment
QC and Vehicle Performance Inspector (Current Employee), Cambridge OnMarch 5, 2014
It is a good place to work.
Job security too low.
High production and fast peace enviroment
Its a Job
Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Long days and nights and no defined rules or set ways for individual team members.

Management is useless and favors certain people over others.
Toyota was a fun place to work. We would sometimes get to see a new car before anyone else.
COORDINATOR, INVENTORY CONTROL (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: we sometimes had free lunches and free baseball tickets.
Cons: we sometimes had to work overtime to finish work.
Toyota was a fun and enjoyable place to work. I learned alot about cars and I learned more about Mircosoft excel because we used excel to updated all spreadsheets. Most management staff was courteous and nice to me. The co-workers were fun to work with, always arranging fun stuff after work. The hardest part of the job was month-end when we had to balance all the spreadsheet and sometimes had to work late to finish it.
Productive Workplace