Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

Toyota is an inovative company
Senior Computer Operator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaMay 31, 2015
Toyota was an innovative company with a lot of attention on customer care and dealers. The whole IT department worked as a team. On a normal day we I would deal with scheduling for the day and night, applying emergency changes, dealing with user scheduling requirements, updating UAT environments and dealing with Sev1 and Sev2 alerts. Toyota used different processes that made the company work efficiently.
I found the management worked will. They were easy to work with and got things done. The people I worked with day to day were excellent. We all got along and apprised each other of activities effecting our team. At times recommendations for changes were not taken even though this is an innovative company. Over all I enjoyed the great people I worked with.
Great Place to Work.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 6, 2012
My position involved full cycle Accounts Payable.
Great Management, Caring management and staff.
Hardest part of the job might be walking by the Morgue area to deliver documents.
Pros
great people
Cons
temp position - so not the benefits of full-time employees
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.
Scion Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughSeptember 22, 2015
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.Dedicated workforce working towards one goal. Lots of opportunities for varied experience.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurentSeptember 22, 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
very repetitive
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 29, 2015
very short pitches alot of favortisim co workers harassed everyone on an hourly basis i was way to short for the line i was assigned to was way to tall for my height
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Pros
Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons
Working only as a co op student
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.
Horrible place to work.
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 29, 2013
Poorly managed at all levels, 3+ years on contract, long hours on weird shifts, work most weekends. Behind the times compared to compensation at other assembly plants.
work / family life balance does not exits at Toyota
team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
if you don't want to get hired on full time for 5 - 7 years and do not want full pay till you have 10 years in. A great place to work!!!!
Pros
the money after 10 years
Cons
no life outside the plant
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
high paced
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 29, 2015
management support required
long hours and high workload for engineering group.
difficult to get support for areas that are not readily accessible for research and mostly OTJ training on your own.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
long hours with min feedback
Toyota
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  CambridgeOctober 13, 2015
Toyota is a fast pased, physically demanding job. While it is not all encompassing in that I lack being able to use my interpersonal skills I am very proud of myself in being able to balance this job as well as my family life outside of it.
Pros
$
Cons
Too much of your life is given up for it
Great Work Opportunity
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 19, 2012
Overall I loved working for Toyota. They are a great company and provided a great work atmosphere. I was only they for the summer student program so unfortunatly I have to leave the company at the end of the summer.
Pros
great salary
Cons
shift work
Good Benefits
Credit Investigator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 26, 2013
Pros:
Good Benefits
Stable
Good Hours

Cons:
Poor Advancement
Lack of opportunity
Downward Spiral
Student Contract Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 6, 2015
Worked as a student contract for 3 years until I graduated and have witnessed the continual degradation of product quality, work conditions, pay rates, and management incompetence. If you're lucky enough to pass their arbitrary hiring system, you'll be stuck destroying your body, losing whatever social/personal relationships you have, and will be stuck making just over half rate of what the permanent team members make. Critical thinking individuals need not apply.
Pros
Mediocre wage
Cons
No more free lunches, arbitrary out of date hiring process, ten year wait until full-rate, mandatory saturday overtime, incompetent management and human resource employees
Hard work
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, onMarch 18, 2015
depending on the area you are in it can be easy or extremely hard on your body, long shifts and switching shifts take a toll on family life, and your body, there is opportunity to grow once you become a full time permanent employee but contract lengths of 3-5 years is a long time to go with no holidays, half bonus, no applying for other positions with in the plant, and no job security with 3 month renewable contracts
Pros
good pay, lots of ot if you want it
Cons
3-5 years on contract with no holidays
Productive well run business
Team Member/Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day at Toyota involved morning communication and allocation of jobs for the day. With regularly scheduled breaks and work assignments for the day and a clear understanding of tasks at hand.

I learned that I much enjoy the structure and hard work that goes along with factory production.

Management consisted of a team leader for a small team of 6-8 people all allocated one part of the line. They were your direct supervisor and the person you would go to first when you had an issue. Above them was your group leader, who was your main boss and looked after your line and all the teams allocated to your line. This style of management I found to be very effective. Allowing conflicts or questions to be solved as quickly as possible if not first in your team then as a larger group.

Co-workers while not always the most enthused with the hours or hard labor were all generally friendly and easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the labor that came with working on the line and night shifts with long hours and mandatory overtime.

While this was the hardest part, for me it was also the most enjoyable. While not overly demanding the overtime was appreciated and the work was satisfying.
Pros
job security, opportunity for advancement
Cons
night shifts
Hard on the body
Welder and Robot maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Not only is Toyota a physically demanding (degrades your body over time) job is hard to maintain a decent family life outside of work, considering all the overtime and MANDITORY weekend shifts.

This job would be perfect for a young single man/woman who just wants to dedicate their lives to one place!

Management is run by a few people that have there own agendas, hard to move up into a management position and most management personnel is hard to deal with for any reason?

I would not advise any of my friends to apply to Toyota considering how strenuous "repetitive" work is on the body.
Pros
good pay
Cons
most people have serious joint and back problems from working there.
It was a good place to get to know people on a personal level because you got to talk to them for long periods of time.
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 7, 2014
When you step onto the line, you understand what you have to do and how if you mess up, then it will affect people further down the line. It was important for you to learn your jobs well so that you don't slow down production and so the team meets the quota that is set every day. The coworkers that I worked with were generally younger and therefore were open to building relationships and helping me have a better time at my job. I would say the hardest part of the job was the long hours, as it was 10 hour days, both early in the morning and late at night. The most enjoyable part of the Job would definitely be the people that I got to work with making the job worth while.
Pros
good pay, lots of hours
Cons
long days, lack of energy following shift
great benefits and salary
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  torontoMarch 27, 2015
typical work day as any other job
coworkers are great
there isn't much room for advancement
the company is very large and known worldwide
produces great products
work life balance is very limited