Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Very nice people, and very good pay
Summer Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 2, 2015
Toyota was a very good paying job with some really nice people. It is very physically demanding but I got use to it a bit. I only worked there April till the end of August, it was a summer student postion. It was a great opportunity.
Very good place to work!
Shuttle Driver and Lot Attendant (Current Employee), Gander, NLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent health benefits!
Cons: Prefer not to say anything negative.
Toyota is a very good place to work! However, I need work that requires more intellect, and challenges me more than being a Shuttle Driver does.

My typical work day is 8:30 to 5:30 with an hour for lunch.

I am learning about Toyota vehicles and some operational methods.

Management is very good!

Co-workers are very good!

Hardest part of the job is lifting for storage 20 inch tires with rims.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with new people.
great team work
Assisted the Service Department (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: great hours
changing tires, oil changes, brakes, and cleaning shop
learned to be a team player and work well with others. enjoyed my job.
Downward Spiral
Student Contract Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Mediocre wage
Cons: No more free lunches, arbitrary out of date hiring process, ten year wait until full-rate, mandatory saturday overtime, incompetent management and human resource employees
Worked as a student contract for 3 years until I graduated and have witnessed the continual degradation of product quality, work conditions, pay rates, and management incompetence. If you're lucky enough to pass their arbitrary hiring system, you'll be stuck destroying your body, losing whatever social/personal relationships you have, and will be stuck making just over half rate of what the permanent team members make. Critical thinking individuals need not apply.
Extra curricular activities
Sales Executive (Fleet Sales) (Current Employee), BahrainApril 3, 2015
Working with Toyota itself is a great pleasure, with the qualified Management and co workers behind gives dedication and hard work.
Never make that decision again. Dont recommend working at Toyota
Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Long hours, no vacation, repetative work
Not worth the money.
Company doesn't care about the well being of there employees, only shareholders.
Long awkward shifts.
great benefits and salary
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee), torontoMarch 27, 2015
typical work day as any other job
coworkers are great
there isn't much room for advancement
the company is very large and known worldwide
produces great products
work life balance is very limited
Hard work
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, onMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good pay, lots of ot if you want it
Cons: 3-5 years on contract with no holidays
depending on the area you are in it can be easy or extremely hard on your body, long shifts and switching shifts take a toll on family life, and your body, there is opportunity to grow once you become a full time permanent employee but contract lengths of 3-5 years is a long time to go with no holidays, half bonus, no applying for other positions with in the plant, and no job security with 3 month renewable contracts
toyota
Welder Operator (Former Employee), cambridgeMarch 16, 2015
A typical day in toyota would be walking to my line settting up for the day and then running parts for whatever car we are making at that time
decent pay and benefits but terrible management
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), cambridge, ontarioMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good pay and available overtime, free clothing and boots and ppe when needed.
Cons: contract to full time duration, management treatment of workers...especially contract workers
the work was good, the pace was good and the people all got along.

the management and treatment of workers is horrible and degrading, i understand its a business and money is the objective to everyone and making as much as possible, but it can be achieved by treating the employees fairly as well
Great pay for this form of work
Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 6, 2015
Toyota is a great place place to work if pay rate and job security are your top priority. Advancing in this company can be a slow process as with most positions in this field.
Good working environment with friendly people.
Part-time job as a Lube Technician (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 27, 2015
I was in charge of oil changes and other various lubrication services. Aside from this tire services were also complete. I have learned problem solving skills during my time there and also many technical skills. The management at Toyota was great and I was very fortunate to work for them. My co-worker were very helpful and kind people and did not hesitate to help with certain jobs. Certain repairs were tough but other than that it was not a hard job. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be actually working on the cars, completing the different repairs ect.
Demanding job
Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Long hours, money's not bad. Management constantly reminds you where the door is if you don't like it or disagree with them.
Hard on the body
Welder and Robot maintenance (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: most people have serious joint and back problems from working there.
Not only is Toyota a physically demanding (degrades your body over time) job is hard to maintain a decent family life outside of work, considering all the overtime and MANDITORY weekend shifts.

This job would be perfect for a young single man/woman who just wants to dedicate their lives to one place!

Management is run by a few people that have there own agendas, hard to move up into a management position and most management personnel is hard to deal with for any reason?

I would not advise any of my friends to apply to Toyota considering how strenuous "repetitive" work is on the body.
Fast learner,Friendly, hard worker
Accounting Manager/Controller (Current Employee), BCFebruary 6, 2015
i work from 7-3pm daily 5 days a week, i do daily work and managing 5 other team doing A/R-A/P, Inventory controller and a two receptionist who also help in accounting.

The most enjoyable part at work is that every Friday all the team meet for breakfast.
Great working culture
Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 27, 2015
A lot of Japanese influence on the work culture which was great to learn. All employees are treated fairly and paid very well. Nobody is left alone, there is always a team-approach. Long hours, night shifts and working weekends can be a problem.
Productive workplace.
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Toyota is an incredible place to work. Toyota has an incredible philosophy and outlook, on both their employees, and the environment. This is reflected through their values and mission.

Working at Toyota gave me the opportunity to be a part of one of the worlds leading car manufacturers and the only plant outside of Japan that builds a Lexus.

I learned about the history of Toyota as well as how it operates, and I can easily say it was one of the best jobs I have had so far.
Great People
Warranty Administrator/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: people that gossiped
Management was good, they were there when you needed them to ak questions . The most enjoyable part was working by myself but having people close.
Very productive
Production (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 6, 2015
All I can say is it keeps you busy. The people for the most part are friendly. Management was nice. Hardest part of the job was spending 9/10 hours a day working and then an additional 2 hours in travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was on pay days, then it all seemed worth it.
Good Pay
Production Team Member (Engine) (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 3, 2014
Good pay but boring work.
Not challenging but good job security.
Co-workers were nice for the most part.
Well managed and always busy.
Shift work can be hard at times, not the best job if you have kids due the long hours and two week shifts.
Lots of opportunity to advance within the entire company.
Headquarters