Toyota Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 1, 2016
get to learn a lot about cars, get to meet and interact with a lot of new people. got to work on own car, get to learn about the area while dropping and picking people up.
Pros
get to work on own car
Cons
have to wash cars in bad weather
Toyota
Bilingual Automotive Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
I quickly learned how automotive manufactures vary from Country to country, I really like the system that was being used at the time as it was really easy to learn and navigate.

We all know that Toyota makes some of the most reliable cars in the world and although I was there for a short time as a contractor I learned how Customer Relations Department work as a team to handle customer inquiries.

I was working in the tier two department handling escalated calls on a daily basis and I had some great people around me!
Great company to work for
Accounts Payable / Warranty Processor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2013
This is the best company I have ever worked for. Management cared about the employees, we had great benefits, and employee discounts. I always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
loved my job.
Cons
had to resign when we relocated to st. catharines in 1990
Canada's labour camp
Team member weld , assembly (Current Employee) –  Woodstock , Cambridge ,October 25, 2014
If you are a person that is willing to sell your soul , this is the place to do so . Lazy team leaders . Hard on your body , mind , and soul. You are guarantee to get some kind of permanent disabling injury while you work there. If you married , and want to stay married stay away from this place. You have no life beside work and sleep, contract pay is lousy , you don't get paid for holidays , and you don't get more then 20.40 for at least next 3 or more years . If you think you can go to bathroom when you have to go.. Think again , either you be told use your break time , which you get in 2 hours and 20 min. , 3 times in 10.5 hours , or wait till team leader is available . You don't get the 33.00 $ on hour for 10 years working there and half the benefits till you get hired full time, which can take between 3 to 6 years . There are a lot of employees that will stab you in the back in order to advance their carrier , human resources are useless . So much for company that prided itself on environment, community and family , cause frankly it ruins it all for every employee that works there. There is at least few people every month that go on mental stress leave from this place . The worst . They can transfer you at their any location in Cambridge or Woodstock at any time , and if you refuse ... You don't get your contract renewed . Stay away .... Please it's not worth it.
Pros
2 weeks of day shifts
Cons
you fell behind for 4 seconds in a day on assembly, for few days you get corrective action, speed up or get fired or no contract
Great Place to Work.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 6, 2012
My position involved full cycle Accounts Payable.
Great Management, Caring management and staff.
Hardest part of the job might be walking by the Morgue area to deliver documents.
Pros
great people
Cons
temp position - so not the benefits of full-time employees
Horrible place to work.
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 29, 2013
Poorly managed at all levels, 3+ years on contract, long hours on weird shifts, work most weekends. Behind the times compared to compensation at other assembly plants.
Fun place with helpful colleagues
Senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  BangakoreDecember 16, 2015
A very good place to work at. Colleagues are very helpful in resolving issues.Only drawback is that there was no recreational activities held at all.
Pros
Team work and the chemistry is good
Cons
shift
Toyota is an inovative company
Senior Computer Operator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaMay 31, 2015
Toyota was an innovative company with a lot of attention on customer care and dealers. The whole IT department worked as a team. On a normal day we I would deal with scheduling for the day and night, applying emergency changes, dealing with user scheduling requirements, updating UAT environments and dealing with Sev1 and Sev2 alerts. Toyota used different processes that made the company work efficiently.
I found the management worked will. They were easy to work with and got things done. The people I worked with day to day were excellent. We all got along and apprised each other of activities effecting our team. At times recommendations for changes were not taken even though this is an innovative company. Over all I enjoyed the great people I worked with.
Great Work Opportunity
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 19, 2012
Overall I loved working for Toyota. They are a great company and provided a great work atmosphere. I was only they for the summer student program so unfortunatly I have to leave the company at the end of the summer.
Pros
great salary
Cons
shift work
very repetitive
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 29, 2015
very short pitches alot of favortisim co workers harassed everyone on an hourly basis i was way to short for the line i was assigned to was way to tall for my height
Pros
free lunches
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great employer but no feeling of fulfillment. If you like to be bored at work then its a great place to work. Long hours and not much time for family life
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.
Scion Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughSeptember 22, 2015
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.Dedicated workforce working towards one goal. Lots of opportunities for varied experience.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurentSeptember 22, 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
Good Benefits
Credit Investigator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 26, 2013
Pros:
Good Benefits
Stable
Good Hours

Cons:
Poor Advancement
Lack of opportunity
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Pros
Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons
Working only as a co op student
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.
high paced
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 29, 2015
management support required
long hours and high workload for engineering group.
difficult to get support for areas that are not readily accessible for research and mostly OTJ training on your own.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
long hours with min feedback
work / family life balance does not exits at Toyota
team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
if you don't want to get hired on full time for 5 - 7 years and do not want full pay till you have 10 years in. A great place to work!!!!
Pros
the money after 10 years
Cons
no life outside the plant
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
Toyota
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  CambridgeOctober 13, 2015
Toyota is a fast pased, physically demanding job. While it is not all encompassing in that I lack being able to use my interpersonal skills I am very proud of myself in being able to balance this job as well as my family life outside of it.
Pros
$
Cons
Too much of your life is given up for it