Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

Rewarding and Challenging
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 20, 2016
great place for anyone who wants challenging work environment, it's all about continues improvement and problem solving on daily basis
Pros
Good pay, good environment
Cons
Not really
Very good place to work!
Shuttle Driver and Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gander, NLApril 14, 2015
Toyota is a very good place to work! However, I need work that requires more intellect, and challenges me more than being a Shuttle Driver does.

My typical work day is 8:30 to 5:30 with an hour for lunch.

I am learning about Toyota vehicles and some operational methods.

Management is very good!

Co-workers are very good!

Hardest part of the job is lifting for storage 20 inch tires with rims.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with new people.
Pros
Excellent health benefits!
Cons
Prefer not to say anything negative.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurentSeptember 22, 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
Fun place to work
IT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Excellent place to work for IT professionals. Exposes you to multiple technologies, which allows you to grow your technical expertise.
very difficult to work and manage family life
Automotive Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 1, 2015
great pay and benefits, hours are very difficult with it being shift work. 6 days a week is hard to balance a family life. the pay is fantastic and the benefits are great.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Great people to work with and very helpful when problems arise. As a shift worker, co-workers are very accomodating when time off required.
Toyota
Bilingual Automotive Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
I quickly learned how automotive manufactures vary from Country to country, I really like the system that was being used at the time as it was really easy to learn and navigate.

We all know that Toyota makes some of the most reliable cars in the world and although I was there for a short time as a contractor I learned how Customer Relations Department work as a team to handle customer inquiries.

I was working in the tier two department handling escalated calls on a daily basis and I had some great people around me!
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.
Scion Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughSeptember 22, 2015
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.Dedicated workforce working towards one goal. Lots of opportunities for varied experience.
fun workplace
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 1, 2016
get to learn a lot about cars, get to meet and interact with a lot of new people. got to work on own car, get to learn about the area while dropping and picking people up.
Pros
get to work on own car
Cons
have to wash cars in bad weather
Toyota is an inovative company
Senior Computer Operator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaMay 31, 2015
Toyota was an innovative company with a lot of attention on customer care and dealers. The whole IT department worked as a team. On a normal day we I would deal with scheduling for the day and night, applying emergency changes, dealing with user scheduling requirements, updating UAT environments and dealing with Sev1 and Sev2 alerts. Toyota used different processes that made the company work efficiently.
I found the management worked will. They were easy to work with and got things done. The people I worked with day to day were excellent. We all got along and apprised each other of activities effecting our team. At times recommendations for changes were not taken even though this is an innovative company. Over all I enjoyed the great people I worked with.
Wonderful Experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work, lots of benefits and great compensation. All training and their quality checking procedures are second to none. Very clean work environment
productive and good learning, chain of command followed
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge OntarioMay 4, 2013
lean manufacturing, advanced manufacturing technology, stud/projection/MIG/spot/seam/laser welding, passenger car framing body tack/respot welding, CMM body accuracy,critical paint defects, hole piercing, nut feeders, stamping bumps/dents/crease, manual back up, chisel/teardown/ultrasonic testing, magnaflux, NDT/die penetration/macro/micro inspection, Toyota production systems, robotic sealer, mastic application, lay out change, cycle time reduction, transformer sizing, resolved outer car body vibrations, NVH, sound dreading and water leak issues, kanban, SWC, AutoCad, SAP kaizen, line balance, pokayoke, ergonomics, JIT, visual management, plant self reliance, cycle, takt time, green field plant setup, continuous improvement, A3 report, roller/conventional hemming, AC/DC welding, PPAP, prototype, Supplier qualification
Pros
benifits, learning
Cons
long hours, weekend work, pressure
high paced
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 29, 2015
management support required
long hours and high workload for engineering group.
difficult to get support for areas that are not readily accessible for research and mostly OTJ training on your own.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
long hours with min feedback
Good job when permanent employee...
Contract Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJune 5, 2013
Just as with any workplace there is some good management and some bad. Same with co-workers. While in normal circumstances Toyota is a good place to work, they certainly have changed over the last few years. The treatment of contract employees isn't great, especially when concerns arise. They were not accommodating to my changes in needs when I had some challenges associated to my pregnancy. Also, the work/life balance is becoming increasingly worse with a high demand for vehicles leading to overtime. The overtime makes for great pays, but very hard on family time.
Pros
overtime, structure, good benefits
Cons
shifts, long hours, accommodating challenges, contracts
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great employer but no feeling of fulfillment. If you like to be bored at work then its a great place to work. Long hours and not much time for family life
Fun place with helpful colleagues
Senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  BangakoreDecember 16, 2015
A very good place to work at. Colleagues are very helpful in resolving issues.Only drawback is that there was no recreational activities held at all.
Pros
Team work and the chemistry is good
Cons
shift
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Pros
Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons
Working only as a co op student
Downward Spiral
Student Contract Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 6, 2015
Worked as a student contract for 3 years until I graduated and have witnessed the continual degradation of product quality, work conditions, pay rates, and management incompetence. If you're lucky enough to pass their arbitrary hiring system, you'll be stuck destroying your body, losing whatever social/personal relationships you have, and will be stuck making just over half rate of what the permanent team members make. Critical thinking individuals need not apply.
Pros
Mediocre wage
Cons
No more free lunches, arbitrary out of date hiring process, ten year wait until full-rate, mandatory saturday overtime, incompetent management and human resource employees