Toyota Employee Reviews

Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 December 2016
Lots of stress. Unrealistic management. Rotations which do not always work in favour of the business. Disorganized and consistently unclear directions.
No life outside of work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 October 2016
It is a horrible place to work you are on contract for 3 and a half yeats to 4 years. The new pay structure contracts make 15 dollars an hour less doing the same job as the person beside you. When you're body starts to fail because of the very fast paced repetitive work they don't give two bleeps. For the Christmas lunch they take away 5 minutes of you're break for 3 days to make up for the extra 15 minutes you receive to eat mass made junk. But ....Toyota cares lol my a..
Pros
Free pants.
Cons
The whole place
an averange work environment
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2016
Routine detailing job performed,I've learned some minor technique on dealing some of the tough dirt/stains.management is almost the same as on my previous jobs.too much politics around.the hardest part is when the manager is just listening on a few people.the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i was able to meet or exceed customer's satisfaction.
Pros
free lunch on every first weekend of the month
Cons
A large place to work and expand on your skills and meet new people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 November 2015
A large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with the long hours and shift work. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in the long run and job security is great there.
Pros
Free lunch at lunch and learns
Cons
Great company with excellent benefits
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 July 2016
Toyota is a great company that provides excellent benefits, including lots of vacation time and other perks. It is probably one of the cleanest places you will ever work, and the focus on safety and Team Member engagement is high.
Customer Service Associate
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 August 2016
I am working in a call centre setting taking between 70-100 calls per day. My role is to manage current customer's loan and lease accounts. I enjoy helping people and interacting with colleagues. The hardest part of the job is that the nature of the role is very repetitive and doesn't allow for creativity and learning.
Pros
I am working in a finance capacity
Cons
I do not want to be in customer service
Great pay but dont care about employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 January 2017
The reason everyone stays is for the money. They do not care about their employees and they do not believe that employees should have a life outside of work.
Busy and non stop
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 January 2017
you start work with some warm p exercise and then after the bell you are just running in a cycle for non stop production.
you get three breaks 2 for 15 min and one for 30 min.
Great pay but very demanding
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 June 2016
Overall Toyota is a great place to work as far as pay and benefits go. But factory life is not meant for everybody. And the repetition of the job is very taxing on the body.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no family life
Great place to work, as long as you understand the culture
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  South Plant, Lexus23 June 2015
I believe that working at Toyota has given me the greatest quality of life I have ever known. Toyota is an amazing employer with amazing benefits. However, if you don't understand the automotive culture, you may find yourself disappointed.

If you feel that everything you do should be rewarded, it won't. If you feel positive reinforcement should be used in the workplace, it won't. If you feel that employees, all of them, should be treated equal and given equal opportunities, we don't.

Overall, the contract workers are treated akin to indentured servants, who owe everything to Toyota, and receive no positive feedback at all. But this is the industry as it stands today. This will not change, and if you can accept these simple truths, Toyota is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Gym, High Salary, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Little to no say, Mandatory Overtime, No Vacation (contracts), No Dental (contracts)
Hard Work, but large pay checks.
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 June 2016
Work in a friendly environment. Upper management could have been better. Demanding work with little to no holidays, and a ridiculous amount of time on contract. (3.5-4 years)
Productive and fun place with excellent team to work with
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
Toyota Inc is a large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with a lot of projects and challenges at hand. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in
Pros
good working benefit
Cons
longer hours to work on projects
Physical
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 December 2016
A great place to work, rewarded well and for overtime on Saturdays they supply Tim Hortons coffee with the occasional cookies
Amazing enviroment
Supervisor contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
Fun place to work, very professional and exciting. Everyday bears something different and challenging while always being confident.
Productive and energetic workplace
Parts Distributor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 March 2016
Toyota is a great company to be apart of and their culture is nothing like I have experienced before. They have a great foundation and it was fun to grow in such a large company.
Good place to begin a career
Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2016
This position is great to start off with because it exposes you to a ton of different aspects of Kinesiology but it is an extremely heavy workload. Very challenging but rewarding position.
good place to work
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2016
people there are really friendly and they make you feel at ease problem was that i wasn't being paid an equal pay for the work i did which was really not fair.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
i didn't get paid much for the work i did
Great Salary. Work/Life Balance not good.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 November 2014
Toyota pays well. You work hard for your money which I enjoy. I have worked my way up to become a Key Trainer which is the path to become a Team Leader. My co-workers are fun to work with as we discuss sports, life and current events. We help each other out through our work day by stocking each other parts so we can keep up with the production needs. Management is helpful in the advancement process. My benefits are very good and they allow me to take very good care of my family.
Pros
Great Pay. Great Vacation time. Great benefits.
Cons
Shift work. Long hours.
Not for a family person.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 February 2016
Too much favourtism, Swing shift with rediculaous start times are very hard on the body and mind. Spend 2-3 years on contract with limited benifits.
Come bonus time as a contract you are only worth the percentage of top rate you are, even after working your butt of for two years. (ie: if the bonus is $1000, the full time guy beside you get the whole thing, but if your only at 65% of top wage you only get $650).
Pros
Can't think of any, TBH
Cons
Not enough space to type them all
Productive and fun workplace.
Detail supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2015
everyday is full of work i gain more knowledge about my job the management is good they provide our needs my co-workers are reliable we have a good team work,the hardest part of the job is when winter season comes,the most enjoyable part of the job is when the costumer is happy and sitisfied with our job an when our bosses complement us with the job we did.
Pros
free coffe.