Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

Tmmc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I was happy with pay/benefits and vacation time with this company. However, I found it difficult to have an opportunity to advance in Trades, and also felt there was a lot of micro managing and very inconsistent rules from silo to silo. The jobs themselves were very fast paced and demanding on a level of physicality and quality assurance. I really enjoyed my time as a crane operator.
The soul reason I left this workplace was to pursue a career in Trades as an Apprentice Electrician.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, pension
Cons
Advancement opportunities, politics
Supported other departments. Gave priority to internal and external customers. Team player and hard worker.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Every day I had to check my e-mails and phone messages. Reply to e-mails. Contact candidates and help them with whatever information they may required. I had to make sure all jobs were posted on universities and colleges websites. Do daily reports, send meeting requests to managers and e-mails to candidates with interview details. Meet deadlines can be the hardest part as well as pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part was to be able to help others.
Fun place with helpful colleagues
Senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  BangakoreDecember 16, 2015
A very good place to work at. Colleagues are very helpful in resolving issues.Only drawback is that there was no recreational activities held at all.
Pros
Team work and the chemistry is good
Cons
shift
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Pros
Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons
Working only as a co op student
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.
A large place to work and expand on your skills and meet new people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 10, 2015
A large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with the long hours and shift work. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in the long run and job security is great there.
Pros
Free lunch at lunch and learns
work / family life balance does not exits at Toyota
team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
if you don't want to get hired on full time for 5 - 7 years and do not want full pay till you have 10 years in. A great place to work!!!!
Pros
the money after 10 years
Cons
no life outside the plant
Productive and fun workplace.
Detail supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 31, 2015
everyday is full of work i gain more knowledge about my job the management is good they provide our needs my co-workers are reliable we have a good team work,the hardest part of the job is when winter season comes,the most enjoyable part of the job is when the costumer is happy and sitisfied with our job an when our bosses complement us with the job we did.
Pros
free coffe.
Cons
Fun team-oriented place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 29, 2015
I got lucky enough to be put in a good area (vehicle performance) and got to drive the cars throughout the assembly line. Friends were not so lucky and did not enjoy going to work as I did.
Pros
Pay, overtime, sometimes free lunches
Cons
Long hours, potentially very hard work
Toyota
Bilingual Automotive Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
I quickly learned how automotive manufactures vary from Country to country, I really like the system that was being used at the time as it was really easy to learn and navigate.

We all know that Toyota makes some of the most reliable cars in the world and although I was there for a short time as a contractor I learned how Customer Relations Department work as a team to handle customer inquiries.

I was working in the tier two department handling escalated calls on a daily basis and I had some great people around me!
Toyota
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  CambridgeOctober 13, 2015
Toyota is a fast pased, physically demanding job. While it is not all encompassing in that I lack being able to use my interpersonal skills I am very proud of myself in being able to balance this job as well as my family life outside of it.
Pros
$
Cons
Too much of your life is given up for it
Wonderful Experience
Welder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work, lots of benefits and great compensation. All training and their quality checking procedures are second to none. Very clean work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great employer but no feeling of fulfillment. If you like to be bored at work then its a great place to work. Long hours and not much time for family life
very difficult to work and manage family life
Automotive Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 1, 2015
great pay and benefits, hours are very difficult with it being shift work. 6 days a week is hard to balance a family life. the pay is fantastic and the benefits are great.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurentSeptember 22, 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.
Scion Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughSeptember 22, 2015
Fast paced work place with many career opportunities.Dedicated workforce working towards one goal. Lots of opportunities for varied experience.
Good pay, long hours
Quality Control - Vehicle Performance (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 22, 2015
6:15-3:45 on days and 5:45-4:15 on afternoons. Possible for advancement, though it takes a long time.
There are 4 year contracts in order to get hired full time.
Pros
Good benefits
20 years well spent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 12, 2015
I found toyota to be the best product on the market, the company support was incredible. I enjoyed the courses provided by toyota to make my job an absolute pleasure.
No time for friends or family. Your opinion doesn't matter.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJuly 26, 2015
Rotating shifts. Two weeks of days and two weeks of nights. Day shift has a much more uptight feeling. Lots of MGMT walking around so everyone plays by the rules but only to impress MGMT. Night shift things get a little more slack, like having coffee near the assembly line and having a backpack near the assembly line.

You are not given or allowed any kind of fan(s) near your job process. If im putting parts in a car while im on a ruku seat (seat the is attached to an arm that is propelled by the assembler into the car) it gets very hot inside the car. It gets extremely hot while working so you must stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water makes you have to go to the bathroom more frequently but when you ask to go to the bathroom you can wait anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour. Team leaders will go around and talk to people and complain when they have to do a repair on a car or help someone assembling the car. The team leaders will insist they are too busy to cover you for a bathroom break but they will go and just stand by someone and talk to them for 10 minutes meanwhile they could have been covering you for a bathroom break.
If you get soar or hurt on a job installing parts the team leaders and group leaders dont care. They will tell you when you get home to ice what ever hurts and put ruba535 on it. They are supposed to schedule for physiotherapy if you are hurting from one specific job 3 days in a row but they never send you to physio. Instead they put you on that job more often like twice a day to make your life difficult. Team leaders dont do their job. Awful MGMT.
  more... No one listens to team members because they are looked at like dogs. Favoritism is a huge problem too at TMMC. Certain team members wont have to wait for a bathroom break or they get a very good job rotation all the time while other TM's have to wait an average of 35 mins to use the bathrooom and could be put on 2 jobs all day even thought they know 5. Extremely long hours and no one says thank you for your hard work. If there is a defect caught this could have caused a major problem you could be awarded with "catch of the week", Some meaningless thing to keep team members catching defects while they work. No one ever gets it though. They hardly say thank you if you catch a defect then they complain because they have to tag the car or have to fix the defect. I could go on and on and on and on about how backwards this place is. No one cares about you there except you. Watch your back because people are out to get you for no reason.

I would never suggest anyone applying there. No one is happy there.
Pros
Lots of money but money is not happiness.
Cons
Long hours, Miserable people, bad leadership, bad working conditions.