Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

Dont believe the hype
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 23, 2016
good pay and vacation time, but don't get hurt as toyota's management don't want you back. Finding you a new position due to restrictions placed upon you by your Doctors and specialists just doesn't happen here. They either want you back on your old line or they would rather buy you out and leave you out to dry. The opportunity to move up is hard as it is a boys club there. Its all about who you know and who ya blow for sureManagement can get away with lots of broken rules that would have a regular TM fired and walked out.
Pros
Good pay and vacation time
Cons
long work hours, lots of drama, terrible working conditions(heat), front office personal aren't responsible for anything
Hard Work, but large pay checks.
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJune 9, 2016
Work in a friendly environment. Upper management could have been better. Demanding work with little to no holidays, and a ridiculous amount of time on contract. (3.5-4 years)
Good job opportunity, contract period too long.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONApril 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time at TMMC. Management and co-workers were all very pleasant to work with/for. I learned a lot about proper training and the importance of being knowledgable when it comes so safety practices. I also acquired a wealth of knowledge in the assembly industry as far as how the entire process works and how every individual process contributes to the final product as well as the efficiency of the product's assembly. The hardest part of the job was most likely switching shifts every 2 weeks, however this element became much easier with some time. The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely the people I got to work with as well as the sense of accomplishment I got from contributing to the assembly process.
Pros
Co-workers, wage, environment, long hours
Cons
length of contract period
Fun place to work
IT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Excellent place to work for IT professionals. Exposes you to multiple technologies, which allows you to grow your technical expertise.
No Life
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 13, 2016
All they care about is making money. The pay is fairly good but the trade-off is your free time. Rotating schedules every two weeks wreaks havoc on the body. The jobs themselves are very hard on the body (depending on the job) and injuries are very common.
Productive and energetic workplace
Parts Distributor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2016
Toyota is a great company to be apart of and their culture is nothing like I have experienced before. They have a great foundation and it was fun to grow in such a large company.
Rewarding and Challenging
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 20, 2016
great place for anyone who wants challenging work environment, it's all about continues improvement and problem solving on daily basis
Pros
Good pay, good environment
Cons
Not really
Toyota
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 16, 2016
Working the rotational shifts is definitely not for everyone! Working there has been great but I'm seeking something new that will suite me as a person a little bit better.
Pros
Great Company culture
Cons
The hours
an averange work environment
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Routine detailing job performed,I've learned some minor technique on dealing some of the tough dirt/stains.management is almost the same as on my previous jobs.too much politics around.the hardest part is when the manager is just listening on a few people.the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i was able to meet or exceed customer's satisfaction.
Pros
free lunch on every first weekend of the month
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Great people to work with and very helpful when problems arise. As a shift worker, co-workers are very accomodating when time off required.
Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Being in the car industry you're required to be a quick thinker due to always being in contact with the public. Buying a car is a big step into adult-hood and it should be treated just as that. Here at Toyota we ensure that it is a smooth and easy process from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you drive your vehicle off the lot.
Pros
Guest interactions for great learning experiences
Cons
Mistakes do happen
Productive and fun place with excellent team to work with
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Toyota Inc is a large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with a lot of projects and challenges at hand. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in
Pros
good working benefit
Cons
longer hours to work on projects
Not for a family person.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Too much favourtism, Swing shift with rediculaous start times are very hard on the body and mind. Spend 2-3 years on contract with limited benifits.
Come bonus time as a contract you are only worth the percentage of top rate you are, even after working your butt of for two years. (ie: if the bonus is $1000, the full time guy beside you get the whole thing, but if your only at 65% of top wage you only get $650).
Pros
Can't think of any, TBH
Cons
Not enough space to type them all
fun workplace
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 1, 2016
get to learn a lot about cars, get to meet and interact with a lot of new people. got to work on own car, get to learn about the area while dropping and picking people up.
Pros
get to work on own car
Cons
have to wash cars in bad weather
enjoyed a fast productive,clean,interesting,learning atmosphere
Quality Control/ General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I found it quite interesting and an important chalenge to be a front line defence to high quality new parts passed,and were properly fastened to the highly valued,safe,product....both valued and expected by the manufactor and bottom line the consumer
Pros
Long days @ minium wage
Cons
Temp agency...could not guarantee hours
Tmmc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I was happy with pay/benefits and vacation time with this company. However, I found it difficult to have an opportunity to advance in Trades, and also felt there was a lot of micro managing and very inconsistent rules from silo to silo. The jobs themselves were very fast paced and demanding on a level of physicality and quality assurance. I really enjoyed my time as a crane operator.
The soul reason I left this workplace was to pursue a career in Trades as an Apprentice Electrician.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, pension
Cons
Advancement opportunities, politics
Supported other departments. Gave priority to internal and external customers. Team player and hard worker.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Every day I had to check my e-mails and phone messages. Reply to e-mails. Contact candidates and help them with whatever information they may required. I had to make sure all jobs were posted on universities and colleges websites. Do daily reports, send meeting requests to managers and e-mails to candidates with interview details. Meet deadlines can be the hardest part as well as pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part was to be able to help others.
Fun place with helpful colleagues
Senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  BangakoreDecember 16, 2015
A very good place to work at. Colleagues are very helpful in resolving issues.Only drawback is that there was no recreational activities held at all.
Pros
Team work and the chemistry is good
Cons
shift
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Pros
Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons
Working only as a co op student
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.