Toyota

Toyota Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyed a fast productive,clean,interesting,learning atmosphere
Quality Control/ General Labourer (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Long days @ minium wage
Cons: Temp agency...could not guarantee hours
I found it quite interesting and an important chalenge to be a front line defence to high quality new parts passed,and were properly fastened to the highly valued,safe,product....both valued and expected by the manufactor and bottom line the consumer
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons: Working only as a co op student
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
A large place to work and expand on your skills and meet new people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch at lunch and learns
Cons: Long hours
A large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with the long hours and shift work. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in the long run and job security is great there.
work / family life balance does not exits at Toyota
team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: the money after 10 years
Cons: no life outside the plant
if you don't want to get hired on full time for 5 - 7 years and do not want full pay till you have 10 years in. A great place to work!!!!
Fun team-oriented place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Pay, overtime, sometimes free lunches
Cons: Long hours, potentially very hard work
I got lucky enough to be put in a good area (vehicle performance) and got to drive the cars throughout the assembly line. Friends were not so lucky and did not enjoy going to work as I did.
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee), ville st. laurentSeptember 22, 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
20 years well spent
Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 12, 2015
I found toyota to be the best product on the market, the company support was incredible. I enjoyed the courses provided by toyota to make my job an absolute pleasure.
Continuous Changes
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: workload expectations
Hard to balance family life with work load. Co-workers will put best effort to reach task and obtain best quality. Hardest part of job is not getting training on new areas and no handover packages for work.
Very good place to work!
Shuttle Driver and Lot Attendant (Current Employee), Gander, NLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent health benefits!
Cons: Prefer not to say anything negative.
Toyota is a very good place to work! However, I need work that requires more intellect, and challenges me more than being a Shuttle Driver does.

My typical work day is 8:30 to 5:30 with an hour for lunch.

I am learning about Toyota vehicles and some operational methods.

Management is very good!

Co-workers are very good!

Hardest part of the job is lifting for storage 20 inch tires with rims.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with new people.
Never make that decision again. Dont recommend working at Toyota
Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Long hours, no vacation, repetative work
Not worth the money.
Company doesn't care about the well being of there employees, only shareholders.
Long awkward shifts.
great benefits and salary
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee), torontoMarch 27, 2015
typical work day as any other job
coworkers are great
there isn't much room for advancement
the company is very large and known worldwide
produces great products
work life balance is very limited
decent pay and benefits but terrible management
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), cambridge, ontarioMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good pay and available overtime, free clothing and boots and ppe when needed.
Cons: contract to full time duration, management treatment of workers...especially contract workers
the work was good, the pace was good and the people all got along.

the management and treatment of workers is horrible and degrading, i understand its a business and money is the objective to everyone and making as much as possible, but it can be achieved by treating the employees fairly as well
Good working environment with friendly people.
Part-time job as a Lube Technician (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 27, 2015
I was in charge of oil changes and other various lubrication services. Aside from this tire services were also complete. I have learned problem solving skills during my time there and also many technical skills. The management at Toyota was great and I was very fortunate to work for them. My co-worker were very helpful and kind people and did not hesitate to help with certain jobs. Certain repairs were tough but other than that it was not a hard job. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be actually working on the cars, completing the different repairs ect.
Fast learner,Friendly, hard worker
Accounting Manager/Controller (Current Employee), BCFebruary 6, 2015
i work from 7-3pm daily 5 days a week, i do daily work and managing 5 other team doing A/R-A/P, Inventory controller and a two receptionist who also help in accounting.

The most enjoyable part at work is that every Friday all the team meet for breakfast.
Great People
Warranty Administrator/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: people that gossiped
Management was good, they were there when you needed them to ak questions . The most enjoyable part was working by myself but having people close.
Career potential
Tow motor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 6, 2014
A good place for a career and family if shift work isn't an issue.
Fun and busy enviorment
Full Time Detailer (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: wash your car. change oil, do maintenance every once in a while
Cons: sometimes unappreciated and not heard by managers
There is no typical day at work for me. Many days I have random tasks or something comes up that I must attend to or accomplish. I have learned many skills about detailing cars. Before I got the job at Ancaster Toyota I did not know too much about detailing cars. I started out just giving customer exterior washes, but was interested in paint restoration. Eventually I learned skills from other detailers and bugged my manager to the point where he finally let me detail. Almost everyone that works with me is very nice and caring. The hardest part of the job is constantly being moved around. Very often am I taken off of a job to help out someone, drive the shuttle or parts truck, and do random tasks that are not part of my job criteria. However, everyone helps eachother out so I would help out whenever I would have to. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guys in the shop. Unlike many of the sales people, we did not talk behind peoples backs and we would laugh at eachother and with eachother thoughout every day.
Great contract
Work Based Trainer (Former Employee), Burton-On-Trent, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
Project went to plan 3000 learners passed

Worked individually to train and assess/coach learners to complete their business improvement techniques qualification.

Production environment
outgoing, fun place to be
coop mechanic (Former Employee), St.Catharines ontarioJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: learned alot of things
Cons: wasn't allowed to drive the cars
i was only doing coop there while shadowing a license mechanic. and my second day there i knew i was gonna like it there. i really love working on cars and the people there were awesome too.