Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
IT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Excellent place to work for IT professionals. Exposes you to multiple technologies, which allows you to grow your technical expertise.
No Life
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 13, 2016
All they care about is making money. The pay is fairly good but the trade-off is your free time. Rotating schedules every two weeks wreaks havoc on the body. The jobs themselves are very hard on the body (depending on the job) and injuries are very common.
Productive and energetic workplace
Parts Distributor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2016
Toyota is a great company to be apart of and their culture is nothing like I have experienced before. They have a great foundation and it was fun to grow in such a large company.
Rewarding and Challenging
Project Lead (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Good pay, good environment
Cons: Not really
great place for anyone who wants challenging work environment, it's all about continues improvement and problem solving on daily basis
Toyota
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Great Company culture
Cons: The hours
Working the rotational shifts is definitely not for everyone! Working there has been great but I'm seeking something new that will suite me as a person a little bit better.
an averange work environment
Auto Detailer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Pros: free lunch on every first weekend of the month
Cons: none
Routine detailing job performed,I've learned some minor technique on dealing some of the tough dirt/stains.management is almost the same as on my previous jobs.too much politics around.the hardest part is when the manager is just listening on a few people.the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i was able to meet or exceed customer's satisfaction.
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Computer Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Great people to work with and very helpful when problems arise. As a shift worker, co-workers are very accomodating when time off required.
Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: Guest interactions for great learning experiences
Cons: Mistakes do happen
Being in the car industry you're required to be a quick thinker due to always being in contact with the public. Buying a car is a big step into adult-hood and it should be treated just as that. Here at Toyota we ensure that it is a smooth and easy process from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you drive your vehicle off the lot.
Productive and fun place with excellent team to work with
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: good working benefit
Cons: longer hours to work on projects
Toyota Inc is a large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with a lot of projects and challenges at hand. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in
Not for a family person.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Can't think of any, TBH
Cons: Not enough space to type them all
Too much favourtism, Swing shift with rediculaous start times are very hard on the body and mind. Spend 2-3 years on contract with limited benifits.
Come bonus time as a contract you are only worth the percentage of top rate you are, even after working your butt of for two years. (ie: if the bonus is $1000, the full time guy beside you get the whole thing, but if your only at 65% of top wage you only get $650).
fun workplace
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: get to work on own car
Cons: have to wash cars in bad weather
get to learn a lot about cars, get to meet and interact with a lot of new people. got to work on own car, get to learn about the area while dropping and picking people up.
enjoyed a fast productive,clean,interesting,learning atmosphere
Quality Control/ General Labourer (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Long days @ minium wage
Cons: Temp agency...could not guarantee hours
I found it quite interesting and an important chalenge to be a front line defence to high quality new parts passed,and were properly fastened to the highly valued,safe,product....both valued and expected by the manufactor and bottom line the consumer
Tmmc
Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Vacation, benefits, pension
Cons: Advancement opportunities, politics
I was happy with pay/benefits and vacation time with this company. However, I found it difficult to have an opportunity to advance in Trades, and also felt there was a lot of micro managing and very inconsistent rules from silo to silo. The jobs themselves were very fast paced and demanding on a level of physicality and quality assurance. I really enjoyed my time as a crane operator.
The soul reason I left this workplace was to pursue a career in Trades as an Apprentice Electrician.
Supported other departments. Gave priority to internal and external customers. Team player and hard worker.
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Every day I had to check my e-mails and phone messages. Reply to e-mails. Contact candidates and help them with whatever information they may required. I had to make sure all jobs were posted on universities and colleges websites. Do daily reports, send meeting requests to managers and e-mails to candidates with interview details. Meet deadlines can be the hardest part as well as pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part was to be able to help others.
Fun place with helpful colleagues
Senior software engineer (Current Employee), BangakoreDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Team work and the chemistry is good
Cons: shift
A very good place to work at. Colleagues are very helpful in resolving issues.Only drawback is that there was no recreational activities held at all.
Great experience, learned a lot!
Toyota Scarborough (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Having an employee teaching you along the way
Cons: Working only as a co op student
Working here, I was able to learn a lot of new things, meet new people, and get my hands busy. Everyday was a productive day.
Demanding
Production Worker (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy being pushed to your limits physically. Not a place to work if you have a family. Employment leaves very little time for family interaction or a social life.
A large place to work and expand on your skills and meet new people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch at lunch and learns
Cons: Long hours
A large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with the long hours and shift work. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in the long run and job security is great there.
work / family life balance does not exits at Toyota
team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: the money after 10 years
Cons: no life outside the plant
if you don't want to get hired on full time for 5 - 7 years and do not want full pay till you have 10 years in. A great place to work!!!!
Productive and fun workplace.
Detail supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 31, 2015
Pros: free coffe.
Cons: long hours
everyday is full of work i gain more knowledge about my job the management is good they provide our needs my co-workers are reliable we have a good team work,the hardest part of the job is when winter season comes,the most enjoyable part of the job is when the costumer is happy and sitisfied with our job an when our bosses complement us with the job we did.
Headquarters