Toyota Employee Reviews in Canada

Tmmc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I was happy with pay/benefits and vacation time with this company. However, I found it difficult to have an opportunity to advance in Trades, and also felt there was a lot of micro managing and very inconsistent rules from silo to silo. The jobs themselves were very fast paced and demanding on a level of physicality and quality assurance. I really enjoyed my time as a crane operator.
The soul reason I left this workplace was to pursue a career in Trades as an Apprentice Electrician.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, pension
Cons
Advancement opportunities, politics
A large place to work and expand on your skills and meet new people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 10, 2015
A large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with the long hours and shift work. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in the long run and job security is great there.
Pros
Free lunch at lunch and learns
an averange work environment
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Routine detailing job performed,I've learned some minor technique on dealing some of the tough dirt/stains.management is almost the same as on my previous jobs.too much politics around.the hardest part is when the manager is just listening on a few people.the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i was able to meet or exceed customer's satisfaction.
Pros
free lunch on every first weekend of the month
Cons
Productive and fun place with excellent team to work with
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Toyota Inc is a large work environment with several different cultures. There are a variety of different work environments throughout the plants with different and interesting people to talk to and learn from. It's a little restricting in some aspects such as a personal life outside of work with a lot of projects and challenges at hand. Overall its a great place to meet new people and very possible to make a good earning if you stick with it in
Pros
good working benefit
Cons
longer hours to work on projects
Productive and fun workplace.
Detail supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 31, 2015
everyday is full of work i gain more knowledge about my job the management is good they provide our needs my co-workers are reliable we have a good team work,the hardest part of the job is when winter season comes,the most enjoyable part of the job is when the costumer is happy and sitisfied with our job an when our bosses complement us with the job we did.
Pros
free coffe.
Cons
Great place to work, as long as you understand the culture
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  South Plant, LexusJune 23, 2015
I believe that working at Toyota has given me the greatest quality of life I have ever known. Toyota is an amazing employer with amazing benefits. However, if you don't understand the automotive culture, you may find yourself disappointed.

If you feel that everything you do should be rewarded, it won't. If you feel positive reinforcement should be used in the workplace, it won't. If you feel that employees, all of them, should be treated equal and given equal opportunities, we don't.

Overall, the contract workers are treated akin to indentured servants, who owe everything to Toyota, and receive no positive feedback at all. But this is the industry as it stands today. This will not change, and if you can accept these simple truths, Toyota is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Gym, High Salary, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Little to no say, Mandatory Overtime, No Vacation (contracts), No Dental (contracts)
Not for a family person.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Too much favourtism, Swing shift with rediculaous start times are very hard on the body and mind. Spend 2-3 years on contract with limited benifits.
Come bonus time as a contract you are only worth the percentage of top rate you are, even after working your butt of for two years. (ie: if the bonus is $1000, the full time guy beside you get the whole thing, but if your only at 65% of top wage you only get $650).
Pros
Can't think of any, TBH
Cons
Not enough space to type them all
Productive and energetic workplace
Parts Distributor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2016
Toyota is a great company to be apart of and their culture is nothing like I have experienced before. They have a great foundation and it was fun to grow in such a large company.
Good pay, long hours
Quality Control - Vehicle Performance (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 22, 2015
6:15-3:45 on days and 5:45-4:15 on afternoons. Possible for advancement, though it takes a long time.
There are 4 year contracts in order to get hired full time.
Pros
Good benefits
Toyota
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 16, 2016
Working the rotational shifts is definitely not for everyone! Working there has been great but I'm seeking something new that will suite me as a person a little bit better.
Pros
Great Company culture
Cons
The hours
Nice cafeteria and some team members. However stay away.
Team member (Former Employee) –  CambridgeJune 16, 2015
Worked in conveyance for 5 weeks. Most older employees told me to get another job iv I could. At first I thought they were upset at the company. However team leaders are like politicians in that area the only problem is you can't vote for your leaders. Breaks are 15 to 20 minutes lunch is 30. Most Team leaders extend these break times to 15 or more minutes while a team memberr is expected back on time.
As you work very hard and try and keep up you will see team leaders and group leaders gathered up and chatting for a few minutes and while they are chatting you ask yourself what is there exact purpose in this place. Most have no people skills or cannot lead by example. My advice to anyonensure reading this is stay far away and don't do it. I read these comments before I joined and I wish I would have not worked there. They do need a union as for 20 dollars an hour you will be doing the same job as those making 34 an hour. Night shift is a joke and if you have a family stay away or you will loose them.
Pros
Nice cafeteria clean workplace
Cons
Long hours incompetent management and human resources
Supported other departments. Gave priority to internal and external customers. Team player and hard worker.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Every day I had to check my e-mails and phone messages. Reply to e-mails. Contact candidates and help them with whatever information they may required. I had to make sure all jobs were posted on universities and colleges websites. Do daily reports, send meeting requests to managers and e-mails to candidates with interview details. Meet deadlines can be the hardest part as well as pleasing everyone. The most enjoyable part was to be able to help others.
Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Being in the car industry you're required to be a quick thinker due to always being in contact with the public. Buying a car is a big step into adult-hood and it should be treated just as that. Here at Toyota we ensure that it is a smooth and easy process from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you drive your vehicle off the lot.
Pros
Guest interactions for great learning experiences
Cons
Mistakes do happen
Fun team-oriented place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 29, 2015
I got lucky enough to be put in a good area (vehicle performance) and got to drive the cars throughout the assembly line. Friends were not so lucky and did not enjoy going to work as I did.
Pros
Pay, overtime, sometimes free lunches
Cons
Long hours, potentially very hard work
enjoyed a fast productive,clean,interesting,learning atmosphere
Quality Control/ General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I found it quite interesting and an important chalenge to be a front line defence to high quality new parts passed,and were properly fastened to the highly valued,safe,product....both valued and expected by the manufactor and bottom line the consumer
Pros
Long days @ minium wage
Cons
Temp agency...could not guarantee hours
Great Salary. Work/Life Balance not good.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONNovember 12, 2014
Toyota pays well. You work hard for your money which I enjoy. I have worked my way up to become a Key Trainer which is the path to become a Team Leader. My co-workers are fun to work with as we discuss sports, life and current events. We help each other out through our work day by stocking each other parts so we can keep up with the production needs. Management is helpful in the advancement process. My benefits are very good and they allow me to take very good care of my family.
Pros
great pay. great vacation time. great benefits.
Cons
shift work. long hours.
Everybody worked as a team and enjoyed what they did
LPN (Former Employee) –  ville st. laurentSeptember 22, 2015
I really loved working here. The atmosphere was relaxed but everyone was helping each other and taking up the slack where needed. Management were part of the team and could always be relied upon when extra hands were needed.
Very good place to work!
Shuttle Driver and Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gander, NLApril 14, 2015
Toyota is a very good place to work! However, I need work that requires more intellect, and challenges me more than being a Shuttle Driver does.

My typical work day is 8:30 to 5:30 with an hour for lunch.

I am learning about Toyota vehicles and some operational methods.

Management is very good!

Co-workers are very good!

Hardest part of the job is lifting for storage 20 inch tires with rims.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with new people.
Pros
Excellent health benefits!
Cons
Prefer not to say anything negative.
No Life
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 13, 2016
All they care about is making money. The pay is fairly good but the trade-off is your free time. Rotating schedules every two weeks wreaks havoc on the body. The jobs themselves are very hard on the body (depending on the job) and injuries are very common.
Learning environment
Kaizen / Toyota Production System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Refer the previous review regarding Toyota. Company was based on creating a thinking culture. Believed in moving high potential team members across job and functions to build skill sets.