Toyota

Toyota Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Career potential
Tow motor/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 6, 2014
A good place for a career and family if shift work isn't an issue.
Fun and busy enviorment
Full Time Detailer (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: wash your car. change oil, do maintenance every once in a while
Cons: sometimes unappreciated and not heard by managers
There is no typical day at work for me. Many days I have random tasks or something comes up that I must attend to or accomplish. I have learned many skills about detailing cars. Before I got the job at Ancaster Toyota I did not know too much about detailing cars. I started out just giving customer exterior washes, but was interested in paint restoration. – more... Eventually I learned skills from other detailers and bugged my manager to the point where he finally let me detail. Almost everyone that works with me is very nice and caring. The hardest part of the job is constantly being moved around. Very often am I taken off of a job to help out someone, drive the shuttle or parts truck, and do random tasks that are not part of my job criteria. However, everyone helps eachother out so I would help out whenever I would have to. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guys in the shop. Unlike many of the sales people, we did not talk behind peoples backs and we would laugh at eachother and with eachother thoughout every day. – less
Great contract
Work Based Trainer (Former Employee), Burton-On-Trent, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
Project went to plan 3000 learners passed

Worked individually to train and assess/coach learners to complete their business improvement techniques qualification.

Production environment
outgoing, fun place to be
coop mechanic (Former Employee), St.Catharines ontarioJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: learned alot of things
Cons: wasn't allowed to drive the cars
i was only doing coop there while shadowing a license mechanic. and my second day there i knew i was gonna like it there. i really love working on cars and the people there were awesome too.
Factory work
Full-Time Team Member (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: same thing everyday
Im a customer service guy, not a factory worker. The pay was great, but I couldnt work on a line and do the same thing everyday
Long Days - Long Weeks
Production Worker - Materials Handler (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: willingness to work ot pads the pay cheque
Cons: forced to work wknds with only 2 days notice & expected to work regardless.
Toyota has a great brand and a great business plan. They are lacking trained Managers to see this business plan truly excel; and their inability to effectively manage their team / department creates a negative environment.
Horrible place to work.
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 29, 2013
Poorly managed at all levels, 3+ years on contract, long hours on weird shifts, work most weekends. Behind the times compared to compensation at other assembly plants.
hate that place
car cleaner (Former Employee), Cowansville, QCAugust 26, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I learned nothing,
not hard but its not fun
i really hate that place
when you know its monday you dont wanna go work.
cause its the trembliest place i never work.
my co-worker was fun.
Good Benefits
Credit Investigator (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 26, 2013
Pros:
Good Benefits
Stable
Good Hours

Cons:
Poor Advancement
Lack of opportunity
Working around lots of fun and friendly coworkers and customers
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: lack of room for advancement
-open up shop and answer phones, make coffee and file invoices and other documentation
-learned how to operate multi line switchboard
- management was friendly and listened to needs and concerns
-coworkers are great, funny friendly people
-hardest part of the job was staying busy on slow days
-most enjoyable was the atmosphere and the people
Great place
lot attendant (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCNovember 7, 2012
Very positive enviroment, good work, good people, room for improvement
Great place to learn
TEMA SEIBE Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, On.October 1, 2012
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: long hours on the weekends
A pleasant atmosphere to work in. Co workers are great to work with and sharing information passing on skills. I gained excellent experience programming robots.
reasonable workplace with friendly employee
Technician, mechanical LD (Current Employee), KuwaitSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: free transportation
Cons: normal working hours..ot if to much work load...
*normal working hours
*learned rules and techniques when performing service maintenance
Expose in quick service and mechanical work procedure in Toyota automobiles
*friendly and helpful co-workers
*Maintain safety-working procedure
Deliver work standard operation in mechanical and basic electrical
*Practice KAIZEN (continuous improvement)
Poor example of Toyota management system. Micromanagement
Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge OntarioAugust 20, 2012
Pros: big company status
Cons: work hours. work-life balance
Mandatory overtime. Nice co-workers. Huge differences between different departments.
More time spent on display boards rather than improving process.
Great Work Opportunity
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 19, 2012
Pros: great salary
Cons: shift work
Overall I loved working for Toyota. They are a great company and provided a great work atmosphere. I was only they for the summer student program so unfortunatly I have to leave the company at the end of the summer.
Great place to work!!!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Danville, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: freedom, good company
Cons: long hours, work later than scheduled many times.
Typical day at work would start with a morning meaning to go over the days appointments and what happened the previous day. Then I would go over my previous and potential customers and make calls to them. I would also help customers that would come onto the lot. I learned the 10-step sales process and the right way to be a car salesman. Management was – more... GREAT. I have never had a better set of managers. They were great motivators, GREAT teachers, and were always available to help you with anything you needed. Hardest part was the long hours. Most enjoyable was the freedom you get as long as your producing and doing you job. – less
Work place
Sales Manager/Account Executive (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: working on commission and bonus
Cons: no a regular salary and to much hours at work
Geting in the day or work making call to fallow in customer to recent purchase a Toyota car seeking for referrals and family members for referrals, getting paperwork that is need for the remaining deals such as issuance and finance parers like approvals and taking with the bankers to find out rates and condition for the deal then go outside and wait – more... for a customer to help and sale a Toyota car. – less
no advancement
Remarketing Clerk (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 15, 2014
no opportunities for advancement under appreciated but had fun running a department by myself and enjoyed my coworkers we were all there for one goal to make the company successful and that was achieved.
Not recommended if you have short temper for ignorance.
Manager of Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2014
Many workers here are not team players and will throw their work onto you for the benefit of their own paychecks. 4 out of 5 service writers will refuse to write up a customer even if they do not have work in front of them. It's a good place to work if you stay to yourself and do not get caught up in other peoples actions and drama but the hours are – more... long and the money isn't always worth it. – less
co workers very difficult
Contract Analyst (Current Employee), st louisOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: co workers
Management needed to be more aware of their employees and the differences. No stability

1 2 3 4 5

About Toyota

Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) primarily conducts business in the automotive industry. Toyota also conducts business in the – Read more