TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING CANADA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful Experience
Welder (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work, lots of benefits and great compensation. All training and their quality checking procedures are second to none. Very clean work environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONOctober 6, 2015
Great employer but no feeling of fulfillment. If you like to be bored at work then its a great place to work. Long hours and not much time for family life
very difficult to work and manage family life
Automotive Assembler (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: shift work
great pay and benefits, hours are very difficult with it being shift work. 6 days a week is hard to balance a family life. the pay is fantastic and the benefits are great.
Good pay, long hours
Quality Control - Vehicle Performance (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: long hours
6:15-3:45 on days and 5:45-4:15 on afternoons. Possible for advancement, though it takes a long time.
There are 4 year contracts in order to get hired full time.
No time for friends or family. Your opinion doesn't matter.
Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Lots of money but money is not happiness.
Cons: Long hours, Miserable people, bad leadership, bad working conditions.
Rotating shifts. Two weeks of days and two weeks of nights. Day shift has a much more uptight feeling. Lots of MGMT walking around so everyone plays by the rules but only to impress MGMT. Night shift things get a little more slack, like having coffee near the assembly line and having a backpack near the assembly line.

You are not given or allowed any kind of fan(s) near your job process. If im putting parts in a car while im on a ruku seat (seat the is attached to an arm that is propelled by the assembler into the car) it gets very hot inside the car. It gets extremely hot while working so you must stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water makes you have to go to the bathroom more frequently but when you ask to go to the bathroom you can wait anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour. Team leaders will go around and talk to people and complain when they have to do a repair on a car or help someone assembling the car. The team leaders will insist they are too busy to cover you for a bathroom break but they will go and just stand by someone and talk to them for 10 minutes meanwhile they could have been covering you for a bathroom break.
If you get soar or hurt on a job installing parts the team leaders and group leaders dont care. They will tell you when you get home to ice what ever hurts and put ruba535 on it. They are supposed to schedule for physiotherapy if you are hurting from one specific job 3 days in a row but they never send you to physio. Instead they put you on that job more often like twice a day to make your life difficult. Team leaders dont do their job. Awful MGMT. – more... No one listens to team members because they are looked at like dogs. Favoritism is a huge problem too at TMMC. Certain team members wont have to wait for a bathroom break or they get a very good job rotation all the time while other TM's have to wait an average of 35 mins to use the bathrooom and could be put on 2 jobs all day even thought they know 5. Extremely long hours and no one says thank you for your hard work. If there is a defect caught this could have caused a major problem you could be awarded with "catch of the week", Some meaningless thing to keep team members catching defects while they work. No one ever gets it though. They hardly say thank you if you catch a defect then they complain because they have to tag the car or have to fix the defect. I could go on and on and on and on about how backwards this place is. No one cares about you there except you. Watch your back because people are out to get you for no reason.

I would never suggest anyone applying there. No one is happy there. – less
very repetitive
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
very short pitches alot of favortisim co workers harassed everyone on an hourly basis i was way to short for the line i was assigned to was way to tall for my height
Hard working, good community, strict rules
Team member located on the assembly line (Former Employee), Cambridge, 1055 Fountain StJune 17, 2015
arrive at 6:15 am on day shift and 5:45 pm on Night shift. Work four intervals of 2 hours, with a break between each interval.
Get to process and build team members section of the door, repeat for entire shift.
Nice cafeteria and some team members. However stay away.
Team member (Former Employee), CambridgeJune 16, 2015
Pros: Nice cafeteria clean workplace
Cons: Long hours incompetent management and human resources
Worked in conveyance for 5 weeks. Most older employees told me to get another job iv I could. At first I thought they were upset at the company. However team leaders are like politicians in that area the only problem is you can't vote for your leaders. Breaks are 15 to 20 minutes lunch is 30. Most Team leaders extend these break times to 15 or more minutes while a team memberr is expected back on time.
As you work very hard and try and keep up you will see team leaders and group leaders gathered up and chatting for a few minutes and while they are chatting you ask yourself what is there exact purpose in this place. Most have no people skills or cannot lead by example. My advice to anyonensure reading this is stay far away and don't do it. I read these comments before I joined and I wish I would have not worked there. They do need a union as for 20 dollars an hour you will be doing the same job as those making 34 an hour. Night shift is a joke and if you have a family stay away or you will loose them.
high paced
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: good team atmosphere
Cons: long hours with min feedback
management support required
long hours and high workload for engineering group.
difficult to get support for areas that are not readily accessible for research and mostly OTJ training on your own.
Very nice people, and very good pay
Summer Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 2, 2015
Toyota was a very good paying job with some really nice people. It is very physically demanding but I got use to it a bit. I only worked there April till the end of August, it was a summer student postion. It was a great opportunity.
Downward Spiral
Student Contract Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Mediocre wage
Cons: No more free lunches, arbitrary out of date hiring process, ten year wait until full-rate, mandatory saturday overtime, incompetent management and human resource employees
Worked as a student contract for 3 years until I graduated and have witnessed the continual degradation of product quality, work conditions, pay rates, and management incompetence. If you're lucky enough to pass their arbitrary hiring system, you'll be stuck destroying your body, losing whatever social/personal relationships you have, and will be stuck making just over half rate of what the permanent team members make. Critical thinking individuals need not apply.
Demanding job
Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Long hours, money's not bad. Management constantly reminds you where the door is if you don't like it or disagree with them.
Hard on the body
Welder and Robot maintenance (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: most people have serious joint and back problems from working there.
Not only is Toyota a physically demanding (degrades your body over time) job is hard to maintain a decent family life outside of work, considering all the overtime and MANDITORY weekend shifts.

This job would be perfect for a young single man/woman who just wants to dedicate their lives to one place!

Management is run by a few people that have there own agendas, hard to move up into a management position and most management personnel is hard to deal with for any reason?

I would not advise any of my friends to apply to Toyota considering how strenuous "repetitive" work is on the body.
Great working culture
Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 27, 2015
A lot of Japanese influence on the work culture which was great to learn. All employees are treated fairly and paid very well. Nobody is left alone, there is always a team-approach. Long hours, night shifts and working weekends can be a problem.
Productive workplace.
Materials Handler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Toyota is an incredible place to work. Toyota has an incredible philosophy and outlook, on both their employees, and the environment. This is reflected through their values and mission.

Working at Toyota gave me the opportunity to be a part of one of the worlds leading car manufacturers and the only plant outside of Japan that builds a Lexus.

I learned about the history of Toyota as well as how it operates, and I can easily say it was one of the best jobs I have had so far.
Very productive
Production (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 6, 2015
All I can say is it keeps you busy. The people for the most part are friendly. Management was nice. Hardest part of the job was spending 9/10 hours a day working and then an additional 2 hours in travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was on pay days, then it all seemed worth it.
Good Pay
Production Team Member (Engine) (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 3, 2014
Good pay but boring work.
Not challenging but good job security.
Co-workers were nice for the most part.
Well managed and always busy.
Shift work can be hard at times, not the best job if you have kids due the long hours and two week shifts.
Lots of opportunity to advance within the entire company.
Great Salary. Work/Life Balance not good.
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great pay. great vacation time. great benefits.
Cons: shift work. long hours.
Toyota pays well. You work hard for your money which I enjoy. I have worked my way up to become a Key Trainer which is the path to become a Team Leader. My co-workers are fun to work with as we discuss sports, life and current events. We help each other out through our work day by stocking each other parts so we can keep up with the production needs. Management is helpful in the advancement process. My benefits are very good and they allow me to take very good care of my family.
It was a good place to get to know people on a personal level because you got to talk to them for long periods of time.
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, lots of hours
Cons: long days, lack of energy following shift
When you step onto the line, you understand what you have to do and how if you mess up, then it will affect people further down the line. It was important for you to learn your jobs well so that you don't slow down production and so the team meets the quota that is set every day. The coworkers that I worked with were generally younger and therefore were open to building relationships and helping me have a better time at my job. I would say the hardest part of the job was the long hours, as it was 10 hour days, both early in the morning and late at night. The most enjoyable part of the Job would definitely be the people that I got to work with making the job worth while.
Canada's labour camp
Team member weld , assembly (Current Employee), Woodstock , Cambridge ,October 25, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks of day shifts
Cons: you fell behind for 4 seconds in a day on assembly, for few days you get corrective action, speed up or get fired or no contract
If you are a person that is willing to sell your soul , this is the place to do so . Lazy team leaders . Hard on your body , mind , and soul. You are guarantee to get some kind of permanent disabling injury while you work there. If you married , and want to stay married stay away from this place. You have no life beside work and sleep, contract pay is lousy , you don't get paid for holidays , and you don't get more then 20.40 for at least next 3 or more years . If you think you can go to bathroom when you have to go.. Think again , either you be told use your break time , which you get in 2 hours and 20 min. , 3 times in 10.5 hours , or wait till team leader is available . You don't get the 33.00 $ on hour for 10 years working there and half the benefits till you get hired full time, which can take between 3 to 6 years . There are a lot of employees that will stab you in the back in order to advance their carrier , human resources are useless . So much for company that prided itself on environment, community and family , cause frankly it ruins it all for every employee that works there. There is at least few people every month that go on mental stress leave from this place . The worst . They can transfer you at their any location in Cambridge or Woodstock at any time , and if you refuse ... You don't get your contract renewed . Stay away .... Please it's not worth it.