TOYOTA BOSHOKU Employee Reviews

Factory
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON21 October 2016
Taught me the importance of quality and consistence in a product. They were very strict on putting out good products. Overall not a bad job just not for me.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long hours and boring
Good first job, not good for a life long career.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON16 August 2016
Good pay, and benefits. Terrible experience as a team member. Bad management. The co-workers are very nice and great to be around.
Pros
free lunch on holidays, benefits.
Cons
long hours, negative environment.
Fast pace workplace with room to grow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON17 July 2016
Toyota is a fast paced working environment that focuses on teamwork and high quality production. As a Team Leader I have learned effective communication, prioritizing and managing my time effectively. Management are often looking for employees opinions regarding how the organization can further grow and develop. The most challenging aspect of working with Toyota is ensuring the assembly line continues and high quality product is produced when the line is short staffed. This is a challenge as the line runs at a fast pace and is most effective when the entire team is involved. There are many enjoyable aspects of working with Toyota which include positive work environment, team work and a competitive pay.
Pros
competetive pay, team oriented environment
Cons
commute
ok place to work
WELD DEPARTMENT TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON4 July 2016
very little advancement opportunities, excessive hours, great benefits, not paid enough for the workload, a lot to learn there if you work hard, management doesn't treat team members well
Decent pay, but they will terminate you for anything.
Production team member (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON18 November 2015
Good pay, some really good people there training you or working alongside that make it pretty easy going. Don't get hurt, or you'll be terminated. Don't get sick, cause you'll be terminated. Don't breathe wrong, cause you'll be terminated. They treat you like you're disposable and have no empathy for their employees. Horrible place if you have anything short of perfection.
Pros
Decent pay, lots of Overtime
Cons
Long hours, treated poorly, disposable, no feeling of worth
Toyota
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock ON2 October 2015
Awesome place to work its like no other place to work on earth if you get in stay in becasue you get paid well although you need to be a mindless droan that comes in works the shift and leaves without thinking for yourself
summary
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON10 August 2015
production work, mostaly the same work no matter whereyou go
they require and eye for detaila and for you to show up to work, if you can do that then your ok
line worker
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON1 April 2015
i worked here planning for a career and instead it resulted in early stages of carpal tunnel in my hands from stretching leather seats all day.
Pros
money
Cons
injurys do to over production
Not the best job
Seat Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON4 February 2015
The job isn't the best and is hard work but the people there are good, that is about it. I wouldn't recommend this job to any one of my friends/family.
Worked there for years. Good pay, great benefits, but no life.
Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON21 December 2014
Good pay 16.50 to 20.50 after 4 years. Great benefits 100 percent for dental, vision medicine, and $500 for massage (the legit kind, no happy endings ,lol). Consistent work, no layoffs. Clean safe work environment.

Hard monotonous work, negative management, overly long work days including weekends, working both sat AND sun. Unrealistic expectations of perfection.
Pros
Ping pong table, free lunch every other month, steady work good safety record.
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, 10 hour days mon to fri, and 4 to 8 hours on sat and sun. Mangaers treat you like garbage if you make mistakes.
Good money, but requires lots of dedication and sacrifice.
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 December 2014
This is a great first job for someone who decided school wasn't for them. I only took this job due to the absolute need for money.

With long hours, meh at best management and only caring about the need of hitting your numbers... this job was something else. I was there for almost two years and my body just couldn't take it anymore.

If you're someone who likes to work long hours and shift work, this is for you, but don't expect recognition on many of the things you do.

Was an interesting ride, and honestly, I learned a lot. I have no ill will against the company now that I'm done, but it'd be a much better job with better management.
Pros
Good pay, overtime, benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime, management, lots of repetitive movement.
worst job ever
WELD MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 November 2014
This place is awful to work at. They do not care about their workers at all. You get hurt there and your screwed.
Very fast paced, work environment
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 September 2014
Management and staff communicate effectively. Long hours with lots of overtime always available. My fellow employees are helpful in all aspects of my learning and skill progression as being a millwright apprentice.
Pros
straight day shift
Cons
6 days a week
horrible place to work
Seat line assembly (Former Employee) –  Elmira,Ontario10 September 2014
I wouldn't even recommend this job to my worst enemy. They have no respect for there employees. They have no consideration for employees who become injured and they still make you work if you are injured. They don't ever post any internal jobs, so there is really no room to further advance with this company at all. They took away all the bonuses and the raises. to sum it up, its just horrible. Don't apply here unless you like being put down everyday and never seeing your family. And the management is the biggest problem. No one seems to know how to run the company at all.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
long quarters and long hours, and lots of saturdays
student job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  woodstock, ontario30 August 2014
- student job for the summer
- the management team was nice and helpful
great place to work
wire tech (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2014
The best company I have worked for had great friends and like the company
Pros
great people
good pay. good hours.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 April 2014
A typical day of work is me making carpets and rotating between 3-4 jobs. The days are usual ten hours and we usually build 550 carpets in a day. There is a lot of running around. I have learned how to get better at time management and how to watch for quality. My co-workers are pretty good for the most part. We are a smaller line in the factory so there isn't much drama. The management is a little off. They are great people but I feel that the workers are treated more like robots then humans. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the repetition for ten hours a day. The most enjoyable is the people I work with because we talk all day to distract our selves from the repetition. Its not a bad job but as I move closer to going to school I feel I need a change of scenery where I might be able to get a clear head and maybe be appreciated more for my hard work. I have really learned how to be a team player from this job.
Pros
lots of hours, good pay
Cons
No time for personal life
Philosophy of Teamwork and Mutual Trust
Car Seat Assembler (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON 230 Universal Rd S4S7W324 February 2014
working at Toyota Boshoku is a lot of fun and good experience for me. Toyota Boshoku runs a two shift work rotation, Day shift which starts from 7 am to 3.30 pm and Afternoon shift which stars from 5.45pm to 4.15 am
Every day at work, 5 minutes before the start we do a physical exercise to confirm that every team member is physical fit to work.
Every Team Member goes to his/her station and the job specifications are well spelt out. We enjoy a high level of co-operations among team members and the management rewards the team members effort by way of bonus and other incentives.
The hardest part of the job is in keeping pace with the customer`s demand, and the most enjoyable is the coordinated effort by all Team Members to get the job done.
Pros
Production Bonuse Payment
Cons
Long Hours during Afternoon shift
Good for a drink after work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON12 November 2013
The same thing every time.
I have learned how to used caliber to measure and work with other instruments.
Best management I have worked in.
Excellent co-worker, I miss most of them, but still had a very good relationship with team leader and a very good friend I made when I was there.
The hardest part is when we are running behind Toyota because we worked with them, if we are behind it is hard to meet up because they never stop.
The friendship I had when I was there, during lunch time and after work meeting up for a drink.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I like the over time because of the pay
Fast paced enviroment.
Manufacturing Online Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON4 June 2013
Fast paced, bad daily rotation ergonomically. Sore wrists, shoulders, back from repeaticous work. Hours long every day/week no home time.

2.7