TOYOTA BOSHOKU

TOYOTA BOSHOKU Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not the best job
Seat Assembler (Current Employee), Elmira, ONFebruary 4, 2015
The job isn't the best and is hard work but the people there are good, that is about it. I wouldn't recommend this job to any one of my friends/family.
Worked there for years. Good pay, great benefits, but no life.
Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee), Elmira, ONDecember 21, 2014
Pros: ping pong table, free lunch every other month, steady work good safety record.
Cons: too much mandatory overtime, 10 hour days mon to fri, and 4 to 8 hours on sat and sun. mangaers treat you like garbage if you make mistakes.
Good pay 16.50 to 20.50 after 4 years. Great benefits 100 percent for dental, vision medicine, and $500 for massage (the legit kind, no happy endings ,lol). Consistent work, no layoffs. Clean safe work environment.

Hard monotonous work, negative management, overly long work days including weekends, working both sat AND sun. Unrealistic expectations of perfection.
Good money, but requires lots of dedication and sacrifice.
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, overtime, benefits
Cons: mandatory overtime, management, lots of repetitive movement.
This is a great first job for someone who decided school wasn't for them. I only took this job due to the absolute need for money.

With long hours, meh at best management and only caring about the need of hitting your numbers... this job was something else. I was there for almost two years and my body just couldn't take it anymore.

If you're someone who likes to work long hours and shift work, this is for you, but don't expect recognition on many of the things you do.

Was an interesting ride, and honestly, I learned a lot. I have no ill will against the company now that I'm done, but it'd be a much better job with better management.
worst job ever
WELD MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 18, 2014
This place is awful to work at. They do not care about their workers at all. You get hurt there and your screwed.
Very fast paced, work environment
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: straight day shift
Cons: 6 days a week
Management and staff communicate effectively. Long hours with lots of overtime always available. My fellow employees are helpful in all aspects of my learning and skill progression as being a millwright apprentice.
horrible place to work
Seat line assembly (Former Employee), Elmira,OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: long quarters and long hours, and lots of saturdays
I wouldn't even recommend this job to my worst enemy. They have no respect for there employees. They have no consideration for employees who become injured and they still make you work if you are injured. They don't ever post any internal jobs, so there is really no room to further advance with this company at all. They took away all the bonuses and the raises. to sum it up, its just horrible. Don't apply here unless you like being put down everyday and never seeing your family. And the management is the biggest problem. No one seems to know how to run the company at all.
student job
General Laborer (Former Employee), woodstock, ontarioAugust 30, 2014
- student job for the summer
- the management team was nice and helpful
great place to work
wire tech (Former Employee), London, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: great people
The best company I have worked for had great friends and like the company
good pay. good hours.
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: lots of hours, good pay
Cons: no time for personal life
A typical day of work is me making carpets and rotating between 3-4 jobs. The days are usual ten hours and we usually build 550 carpets in a day. There is a lot of running around. I have learned how to get better at time management and how to watch for quality. My co-workers are pretty good for the most part. We are a smaller line in the factory so there isn't much drama. The management is a little off. They are great people but I feel that the workers are treated more like robots then humans. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the repetition for ten hours a day. The most enjoyable is the people I work with because we talk all day to distract our selves from the repetition. Its not a bad job but as I move closer to going to school I feel I need a change of scenery where I might be able to get a clear head and maybe be appreciated more for my hard work. I have really learned how to be a team player from this job.
Philosophy of Teamwork and Mutual Trust
Car Seat Assembler (Current Employee), Woodstock, ON 230 Universal Rd S4S7W3February 24, 2014
Pros: production bonuse payment
Cons: long hours during afternoon shift
working at Toyota Boshoku is a lot of fun and good experience for me. Toyota Boshoku runs a two shift work rotation, Day shift which starts from 7 am to 3.30 pm and Afternoon shift which stars from 5.45pm to 4.15 am
Every day at work, 5 minutes before the start we do a physical exercise to confirm that every team member is physical fit to work.
Every Team Member goes to his/her station and the job specifications are well spelt out. We enjoy a high level of co-operations among team members and the management rewards the team members effort by way of bonus and other incentives.
The hardest part of the job is in keeping pace with the customer`s demand, and the most enjoyable is the coordinated effort by all Team Members to get the job done.
Good for a drink after work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Elmira, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: i like the over time because of the pay
The same thing every time.
I have learned how to used caliber to measure and work with other instruments.
Best management I have worked in.
Excellent co-worker, I miss most of them, but still had a very good relationship with team leader and a very good friend I made when I was there.
The hardest part is when we are running behind Toyota because we worked with them, if we are behind it is hard to meet up because they never stop.
The friendship I had when I was there, during lunch time and after work meeting up for a drink.
Fast paced enviroment.
Manufacturing Online Inspector (Former Employee), Elmira, ONJune 4, 2013
Fast paced, bad daily rotation ergonomically. Sore wrists, shoulders, back from repeaticous work. Hours long every day/week no home time.
Overall, great place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours. almost consumes your life.
A typical day at work is arriving early and as soon as that buzzer rings, it's time to work on the line. Very fast paced environment! Their saying is "work faster and inspect harder." Which is fine once you understand how the process works. I enjoy the people there, everyone is upbeat and funny. The hardest part of the job is learning add-ons to a stations process. They want standard work but everyday seems as if they want to change something.
I would recommmend other people working here, but for someone like myself...I want a career, not a job.
productive fast paced work
Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Team Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 8, 2013
My typical day at work was I would in a little bit early and made sure my area was always clean from the other shift and stocked the way I would like it to be. To make sure that I could always go at least 1 area before I needed to fill parts up again. From my work i had learned how to be time management smart so i would never be wasting anytime. Management was always happy with my work ethic and that I always did my job and extra to help others out if I had the time to do so. It was a a good place to work with co-works there was always team members around you and team leaders willing to help out. Hardest part of the job was to work fast and keep up all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being busy.

About TOYOTA BOSHOKU

Toyota Boshoku wants to make your car ride more comfortable. The company develops auto interior components, including seats, fabric – Read more