We are a busy manufacturing company in the Lower Mainland looking for a full time Receiver to join our current team. As a receiver you will be responsible for the following:
- Verify supplier packing lists to the corresponding material during incoming inspection.
- Perform incoming, in-process, and final inspection of parts on a daily basis.
- Document and record inspection results and properly file hard and electronic copies.
- Interpret drawings and schematics.
- Initiate non-conformance reports (NCR's) for all nonconforming material.
- Work closely with the Quality Manager and Shop Manager/Supervisor.
- Schedule and coordinate the calibration of all mechanical inspection tools by the outside calibration service.
- Hands inspection of castings, machines and fabricated parts for pumps
- Updated Procedures, Forms, Work Instructions, Records etc.
- Supporting the development of a new Compliance Management System (CMS) in a lean manufacturing environment
- Supporting materials, shipping and production departments as and when required
- Contact customers and suppliers regarding quality issues.
- Collect quality related data for trends, continuous improvements.
- Perform other tasks in the shop when all inspections have been completed.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Possess a Technical Diploma or equivalent education and experience in a related field
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Access) with Knowledge of Visual Manufacturing software an asset.
- Customer service oriented.
- Supplemented by a minimum of one year experience in Quality Assurance, preferably in a manufacturing environment. An ASQ CQE certification would be an asset.
- Excellent command of the English Language, written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T, SPC, Blueprint reading, and Engineering Drawing Symbols
- Strong precision mechanical ability (hands-on skill) to use measuring instruments, gauges and inspection tools
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines within a continuously changing environment.
- Knowledge of the ISO9001 quality standard and quality management systems is preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of statistical techniques and process control principles within a multi-source manufacturing and supply environment.
- Must have valid forklift certification
We thank you for applying, however only short listed applicants will be contacted.