Under the direction of the Building and Planning Director and the Chief Building Official, the candidate will be responsible for the review of building permit applications and plans, conduct required building inspections, maintenance inspections and issue orders all the while ensuring compliance to the Ontario Building Code and other applicable laws. The building inspector will ensure that buildings and related systems meet or exceed minimum standards for protection of the safety and welfare of the consumer, general public, owners and occupants.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- The candidate must possess a post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or combination of specialized training and experience.
- The candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and Bill 124 qualifications will be considered a great advantage.
- Working knowledge of the provincial acts and codes, municipal by-laws and property standards is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to work efficiently under time restraints as well as communicate in a professional manner.
- Hold a valid class G driver license.
COMPENSATION: The salary, based on a 35 hours per week, is between, $46,267 and $57,839 per year together with an excellent benefit package.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Excellent proficiency in understanding, speaking, reading and writing of both *French and English.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to the attention of Debbie Guillemette by fax at 613-443-1042 or by email or by mail at Township of Russell, 717 Notre-Dame Street, Embrun, Ontario KOA 1W1. A detailed job description is available upon request, please contact the Township.
DEADLINE TO POST YOUR RESUME: APRIL 4th 2014, BEFORE 4:00 PM.