The Town of Renfrew Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a motivated and skilled marketing, communication and customer service professional to join our team for a eight month contract through the Job Creation Partnership program. This individual will work closely with the Director, Program Developer, other recreation employees and committee members to assist with major projects and programming taking place within the department over the next few months.
- Performing various written and verbal communication tasks; newspaper write-ups, public service announcements, webpage and social media
- Assisting the Director and Program Developer with daily administrative job duties when required
The idea candidate will have:
- Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to handle numerous job tasks concurrently
- Desire to work in a team and be self-directed when needed
- Excellent administrative skills; MS Office, internet, email
- Familiarity with Renfrew Parks and Recreation Department
- Knowledge of Renfrew and the surrounding areas
- Experience in Marketing, Public/Community Relations, Administration would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communication/Public Relations, Administration or any relevant point of study would be an asset
- Due to funding requirements, individual must be a current recipient of a regular Employment Insurance claim or have received a regular Employment Insurance calm within the past 3 years
Only those who specify in their Cover Letter that they are on E.I. currently or have been on E.I. in the past 3 years will be contacted for an interview. Please be prepared to bring proof of your E.I. claim should you be contacted.