The Community Peace Officer reports directly to the CAO and is responsible for the enforcement of Municipal Bylaws and animal control complaints within the communities of Raymond, Stirling and Magrath. The successful candidate has a dynamic position working with three municipalities to provide leadership and expertise for these communities. This position will require relationships with a wide variety of service providers at the local, regional, provincial and federal level.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Increase public safety within partner communities by augmenting the local police services
- Respond to the needs of citizens, by providing safe secure communities to foster economic growth, and a high quality of life for residents
- Construct Traffic Safety Plans for Raymond, Magrath and Stirling, specific to the needs of these communities to promote traffic safety and public safety in general
- Enforce municipal bylaws and designated Provincial Statues
- Coordinates all required interaction with the Alberta Solicitor General
- Provide formal monthly reports to all partner Councils and the Committee on their activities
- Maintains compliance with Alberta Solicitor General program regulations
- Overseas and manages activity and occurrence reporting database
- Maintains evidence locker and associated data base as required
- Manages equipment assets to ensure maintenance and general upkeep
- Liaisons with other Police, Fire, and Emergency Services
- Provides liaisons with Crown Prosecutors and legal profession staff
- Drafts and updates municipal bylaws on an ongoing basis
- Conducts regular patrols of the partner communities as required
- Provides pro-active education sessions as per the needs of the community
- May respond to emergency situations to enhance public safety
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the CAO
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience and education preferably in a (but not limited to) municipal government setting. Preference may be given to Peace Officer level 1 qualified but other education/previous experience may be considered.
- Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice or related field
- Successful experience in community enforcement
- Proven ability in working effectively with others
- Positive record of working effectively with elected officials, committees and public participation process in policy formation and service delivery
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled by qualified candidate
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Town of Raymond is located just 20 minutes (34m km) south of Alberta`s fourth largest city, Lethbridge, in the County of Warner #5 in...