TOWN OF OAKVILLE

TOWN OF OAKVILLE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great workplace, engages employees in lots of training and excercises to build skills
Life Saving Society Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free swimming or access to facilities depending on the area you work in
Cons: lots of split shifts!
Working for the town of Oakville is a good position. There are many different facilities and placements to choose from so there is always room to explore. There is great teamwork and cooperation between staff.
Loved it!
Summer Program Staff (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 5, 2013
Amazing job. Best summer of my life! Couldn't have asked for anything more. Great people, great hours, great time.
Fun and Healthy Environment
Maintenance (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: low pay
Meet at head quarters with other students and given daily tasks. Head out for the day and perform tasks with Co-Workers.
Oakville transit
transit employee (Former Employee), transitNovember 15, 2012
Pros: new building
Cons: shift work, weekends below average pay
New building with old school out of touch managers. Average pay decent benefits would be great if they were able to clean up the managerial mess they have. They have a god mentality and think they can treat there subordinates bad. Close but most likely years away from becoming a top notch employer when the upper management finally gets fired or retires.
Exciting, innovative municipality
Planning Intern (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 13, 2012
Pros: culture that wants and demands innovative and progressive ideas
I mostly carried out assigned independent research tasks.

My research helped me develop my understanding of key techniques and strategies in my profession.

Supervisor is very friendly, gentle and warm. City leaders champion innovative and progressive ideas.

Despite their workload, Co-workers are more than happy to engage and educate me on their work – more... and profession.

Hardest Part - Leaving. (co-op job)

Enjoyable Part - Being in an organization committed to progressive innovative public service. – less
Easy going environment
Front of House - OCP4A (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: easy, flexible scheduling, interesting
Cons: short shifts/split shifts, rude customers
Quite possibly one of the most enjoyable jobs out there. Decent pay for no education needed. Friendly staff and management.
Good learning and teaching environment
Website Design Instructor (Current Employee), Oakville, NBAugust 3, 2012
Pros: opportunity to work on and learn new techniques
Cons: no job security
I tried to delivering information to students in effective way with examples and exercises.
I gained detailed knowledge of topic that I studied before.
I managed work with full time study and life activities.
Guidance and support of co-workers helped me in becoming successful in this position.
The hardest part of the job was to encourage all students – more... to participate.
Creating interesting practices as examples was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less