Town of Lincoln

Town of Lincoln Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmosphere and people to work with
Library (Former Employee), Beamsville, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great working environment.
Cons: lack of weekday hours. too many saturdays were required.
Dealing with patron requests. Learned a lot about processing of new orders. Working as part of a team was great fun and also made many pleasant acquaintances dealing with the public. All in all it was a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately there were not many hours available with the exception of Saturdays. I had no objection to working a few Saturdays – more... a month but it started becoming every Saturday thus taking away from family time. – less
Excellent place to grow as a worker
Head Lifeguard (Current Employee), Lincoln, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: set summer schedule, provided prior to start date.
I have learned how to make improvements at the workplace from things as simple to data organization to things as large as scheduling. I have been able to move through positions, experiencing the shift from a regular worker to a supervisor, and how to manage staff after this transition.
Rewarding career on Lincoln Police
Patrolman (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, oppurtunities for extra income, personal interaction daily, oppurtunities to help others
Cons: missing family functions, working holidays
I took great pride serving as a Patrolman for the Lincoln Police Department. Each day of work was different. Some days involved stressful/dangerous situations. Responding and reacting to all types of emergencies was essential to provide protection to residents and citizens. The arrest of suspects and criminals was also essential. Although calls for – more... service or officer initiated calls were sometimes difficult, they were the most enjoyable to me.

My career was a success for numerous reasons. I was fortunate to serve with qualified, compassionate, and confident members within the department. We consistently learned from each other and grew together at work while our family lives outside of work continue to grow stronger and closer. – less
Great place to work and meet the people of Town of Lincoln
Finance Clerk (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIJune 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: can't think of any
Customer contact and daily balances of accounts from taxes collected

I learned compassion for the general public who are struggling to make ends meet

Management is well trained and gives you the lead on forward thinking to get the daily tasks completed in a timely manner

I've made many friends at work

Making sure the taxes are collected accurately – more... to achieve a perfect balance each day

The daily interaction with customers – less
Love helping people and meeting alot of people
Reserve Police Officer (Former Employee), Lincoln, MEMay 14, 2014
Pros: meeting alot of people
Cons: not always meeting people in nice way
While in enforcing laws and writting summons Officers were not always like. But for the most part people know they were in the wrong when given a summons. Officer are a close bunch of hard working people making things happen as a team.
Some pleasurable co-workers.
Metco Monitor/ Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, MAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: kids
Cons: no supervisor support
Enjoyable time with students. Having more persons of color working here.

About Town of Lincoln

The Town of Lincoln, founded in 1829, was named for an ambitious and talented young lawyer who was known for his character, scholarly – Read more