The Assistant Manager, Operations is responsible for assisting the Manager, Operation and Drainage with the management of the Town’s transportation and public works system, including all activities related to roads, sidewalks, culverts, bridges, storm and municipal drainage, traffic signals and street lighting in compliance to statutory requirements; vehicle maintenance system and winter maintenance functions. Responsible for assisting the Manager, Capital Works and Infrastructure with design cost estimates, preparation of plans, contracting documents, inspecting on all in-house projects, providing field measurements and material data for preparation of tenders for capital projects.
- Must have a minimum of a 3 year College Diploma in Civil Engineering technology or equivalent education and/or experience in a related field
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in municipal infrastructure, including inspection, sewer systems, roads and bridges
- Successful completion of or the ability to successfully complete the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Drainage Superintendents Course
- Must have knowledge of computer software programs in a Windows and Microsoft Office environment; proficient in Auto-Cad
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must have experience in working with Book 7, gas detector, nuclear density machine and survey equipment
- Experience using CCTV, camera/sewer inspection video and other related technology will be considered an asset
- Ability to effectively manage staff at all levels (including unionized staff) and ensure staff performance
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of project management, work organization and supervision
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement a comprehensive infrastructure services system
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, and utilize a variety of reports and records
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, and the public
A detailed job description including necessary qualifications is available on our website at www.essex.ca.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 30, 2014.
The Town of Essex is located in southwestern Ontario, approximately 28 kilometres southeast of the City of Windsor. It is one of seven...