As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the Town of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for almost 16,000 residents. The beautiful lake, excellent schools, safe communities, pleasant neighbourhoods, growing opportunities, and a 18 hole golf course all contribute to the ambiance of a family friendly oasis. By demonstrating Collaboration, Humour/Fun, Integrity, Professionalism and Accountability, employees at the Town of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere becoming Alberta’s Oasis.
The Town is currently seeking a fulltime Human Resources Manager to join our Team.
This managerial position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and analyzing the operations of the Human Resources department. Key areas of responsibility include policy and procedure development; human resource planning; employee relations; organization development, training; recruitment and selection; and safety. To have success in this role you must value Collaboration, Humour and Fun, Integrity, Professionalism, and Accountability in the workplace.
Consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of eight (8) year’s of progressively responsible HR generalist experience, preferably within a Municipal Government setting as well as previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of employment and labour legislation.
- Ability to develop and execute HR business plans taking into consideration business objectives and initiatives. Must have sound knowledge of key people processes to leverage and add value to the business' goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders as well as an ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive situations and/or information.
- Superior organizational skills including the ability to handle and manage competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with all Microsoft applications, working knowledge of HRIS programs.
- A focus on continuous improvement, operational excellence, and an ongoing commitment to learning.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Level C Certification or commitment to obtain within three months of commencing employment.
A detailed job description is available on the Town website at www.chestermere.ca.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment.