Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Economic Development Officer is responsible to provide expertise and assistance to Administration and Council in the development and implementation of economic goals and objectives. The Economic Development Officer will provide local business support, retention and expansion, investments, and attraction through innovative thinking. See www.chestermere.ca for further information.
- Facilitate the establishment of business in Chestermere
- Promote the growth of jobs, businesses and development within Chestermere
- Develop and implement an Economic Development Strategy plan
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote commercial business development in Chestermere
- Participate in regional economic development initiatives (i.e. CREP), ensuring that the corporate perspective for the Town is effectively advanced and strengthened
- Collect, maintain and update relevant demographic information/stats on the town website and provide to businesses and developers
- Build a commercial base by developing relationships with local developers/builders
- Review and evaluate commercial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for Council approval
- Responsible for notifying local businesses of business license renewal dates
- Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses
- Continually builds on knowledge of the Town and develops overall business acumen that allows for the development and implementation of innovative concepts
- Demonstrates Town values of Collaboration, Humour and Fun, Integrity, Professionalism, and Accountability
- Degree or diploma in business, commerce, economics, and community economic development
- Certification in Economic Development (i.e. Ec.D.) would be considered an asset
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of previous related work experience
- Previous experience in a municipal environment is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR Level C AED (or commitment to obtain within three (3) months of commencing employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume referencing ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER to:
Town of Chestermere
105 Marina Road, Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: T. Anderson Fax: (403)207-7080
Competition will close at 5pm on Friday, February 8, 2013.
The Town appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, but only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.