Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Controller is responsible for managing the overall financial operation of the Town. The Controller will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of the financial and accounting functions, including establishing performance standards and preparing various financial reports for the CAO and Directors. The Controller will ensure that legal and regulatory compliance for all Town accounting and financial reporting functions are met.
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems, and procedures for the Town.
- Prepares financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports.
- Evaluates financial reporting systems, accounting procedures, and other financial activities and makes recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions.
- Reviews insurance coverage and ensures that the Town is appropriately covered by insurance for casualty and liability losses.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Participates in the annual budget process and provides strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Regularly meets with Council to discuss issues and offer advice of a financial nature
- Demonstrates Town values of Collaboration, Humour and Fun, Integrity, Professionalism, and Accountability
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of previous related work experience
- Previous experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience is required.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR Level C AED (or commitment to obtain within three (3) months of commencing employment.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume referencing CONTROLLER to:
Town of Chestermere
105 Marina Road, Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: T. Anderson Fax: (403)207-7080
Competition will close at 5pm on Friday, January 25, 2013.
The Town appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, but only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago